User Reviews for Entacapone

Also known as: Comtan

Learn more about Entacapone.

Parkinson's Disease 4 reviews 47 medications

5.7
Summary of Entacapone reviews 4 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Entacapone

Review by Bmp:

Comtan (entacapone) for Parkinson's Disease: I take Sinemet 25/100 4 x daily 1 1/2 tabs with 100 mg Comtan 4 x daily with my Sinemet and it seems to work well for lessening my "wear off" periods but it does cost a lot.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2012 11:42 PM

Review by Ho-Hum:

For Parkinson's Disease: Pros: Greatly reduces tremors and lasts up to the next scheduled dose, which is the point of taking the medicine. However..... Cons: Immediately after taking the drug, there is temporary nausea, drowsiness, sleepiness & disorientation, dizziness. It makes me sleep more than desired. I can no longer drive, cook, or do much of anything because of the dizziness. I prefer tremor relief, so the medicine wins. We don't have much choice with this disease. It's very expensive, but what is your quality of life (what little there is) worth to you? If I have to exist, I would rather sleep than suffer tremors most of my waking hours.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2012 2:53 PM

Comtan (entacapone) for Parkinson's Disease: Terrible hallucinations!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2010 1:14 PM

Review by Shirley E.:

Comtan (entacapone) for Parkinson's Disease: The medication is very good. Unfortunately it is expensive

April 28, 2008 1:32 PM