User Reviews for Complera

Learn more about Complera.

HIV Infection 33 reviews 64 medications

9.1
Summary of Complera reviews 33 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Complera

Review by Eve. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For HIV Infection: A year in on Complera and feeling extreme fatigue and 3 times a day I become dizzy, that I have to sit and wait for the dizziness to go away. I express this to my doctor and he assured me it was the medicine. Now I am experiencing tingling, numbness in my hand's and feet. My balance is unbalanced. Not to scare anyone. I have been positive for 2 decades and started treatment a year ago. I hear a lot of news about doctor's saying it may be low B12 vitamin. However, I know for sure what is the cause, the Complera. I never felt these effect's before in my life till now!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2014 6:06 PM

Review by demis:

For HIV Infection: I am two months now on it after switching from a 3 pill a day combo. The first 3 weeks it was a horrible experience with stomach bloating gas and wind. It triggered my depression as well. Week 4 the symptoms started eliminating. 8 weeks now on and everything is back to normal except from being more happy having to take just one small pill a day. The blood tests couldnt be better with an undetectable VL and a good CD4 count.

July 18, 2014 3:29 PM

Review by Is is affective, Just one major problem! (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For HIV Infection: A year in on this med and feeling extreme fatigue. When I say extreme fatigue, I mean exhausted and out of breath. Not sure what and when will it go away!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2014 3:28 PM

Review by Red_rising (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: Complera is the only medication I have taken. At first the side effect were horrible terrible headache, bloating and foul smelling gas. Eventually those side effects when away but I did notice that I have been losing fat in certain places. Like my face, stomach and arms. My doctor basically dismissed my concerns but I know my body. I started taking a some protein and working out hoping this will counter act the medication. I like Complera but it's not worth a change in my appearance.

July 2, 2014 1:00 AM

Review by looking4cure77:

For HIV Infection: Switched from Atripla to Complera hoping for a better health and a relief on neurosystem damages that it causes. The food intake and horrible bloating was the first side effects of it, they got milder as for the 2nd week. By the 8th week my face started changing rapidly, my cheeks got sunken and I developed fatty breasts; my doc denied the fact that my face was changing. I switched doctors and I went back on Atripla, the neuropathy and the neuro side effects went back;my face regain my cheeks at least a 90% of it, my chest looks normal again.

June 11, 2014 1:45 AM

Review by PrettyRican57:

For HIV Infection: I got the pills a wk ago and was terriffied to start them after reading side effects. I've been on them for 2 days now, been positive 25 yrs come august. I am experiencing lightheadedness, mild headaches, dizziness, some nausea. I'm assuming its because I'm very petite. A lot of medicines are strong for me. Praying it will get better. By all ur comments, have to say, i"m much calmer about it all.

April 30, 2014 9:20 PM

Review by dbp (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: I'm new to all this HIV talk about viral loads and CD4 counts. What I do know is my doctor told me I was right there at basically having AIDS. When I got my first blood work. He immediately prescribed me Complera and 30 days later I was undetectable. Now its been 6 months and I'm still undetectable and I've had minimum side effect besides some weight gain. Once a day I have a small meal and I'm good to go. Saved my life.

January 16, 2014 1:25 AM

Review by Mamush22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: I start taking Complera one month ago. My virus was 1142 in my blood and my T cells was 430 units. At the first week of taking Complera I had side effect but not serious like - diarrhea, I could not sleep good, I feel dizzy, headache, I lost appetite. And the most important I make a lot of gas but after a month I visit my doctor to check if the Complera is working to me and the result was amazing. The doctor explain to me that the virus in my body in now under 12 (undetectable) and the T cells are up to 660. I'm taking Complera everyday between 8 to 10 pm, after dinner.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2013 4:55 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For HIV Infection: I started taking this medicine within 72 of possible infection as a condom broke during sex and I totally freaked out as the other guy was positive .. and no side effects at all .. It's only been 2 days and I'm glad that this medication is helping a lot of people who are positive with the ease of the med

October 30, 2013 12:40 AM

Review by trustgavemeHIV (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: Here is the update. I had my first lab on Sept 1 and my viral load went from 44,000 to 380. My CD4 results didn't come yet. I will keep you guys updated.

September 13, 2013 11:38 PM

Review by legoli (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For HIV Infection: I started taking Complera before it was even on the market during its Phase III clinical trials. I've been on the Edurant/Truvada combination for more than 5 years now with very minimal side effects. The medication is extremely effective in quickly getting your viral load to undetectable levels. My only concern with this medication is that it has caused consistent mild to moderate abdominal pains. Mostly bloating but sometimes diarrhea and nausea.

September 9, 2013 5:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For HIV Infection: I'm just updating you on my Complera side effects. I posted my thoughts on Complera on August 3rd, which was only 3 days on Complera. Now its been 30 days and I'm happy to let you all know I have ZERO side effects. I feel like the same old me, I do everything I did before. I take my dose between 10am to 11am every morning. I'm having my first lab on September 1st.

August 30, 2013 3:16 PM

Review by trustgavemeHIV (taken for less than 1 month):

For HIV Infection: Only side effects I've had is gas, stomach craps, diarrhea but only go to the bathroom once or twice a day. I was diagnosed on June 5 2013 and my viral load was 89,000 and my CD4 258. On July 30 2013 I decided to get checked before starting treatment. My viral load went down on its own to 44,000 and my CD4 down to 248. I was prescribed COMPLERA on August 1st 2013 and I've been on it for 3 days. My first lab since Complera is Sept 1 so I will keep you updated.

August 3, 2013 12:42 PM

Review by Bubba Bear:

For HIV Infection: I started Complera as my first medicine about four months ago. After first labs were complete my CD4's went up and my viral load went down as expected. In this same time an ear infection that I had been battling for a number of years went away. I am also pleasantly surprised that my energy level has increased during this time as well. The only side effect that I have noticed is some almost unbelievable foul, almost constant gas. But, the gas is something I can live with and after showing my partner that it was a side effect so can he. Haha

July 26, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by Dog12345:

For HIV Infection: I'm a 70 year old woman - HIV detected one month ago. Viral load 38,000, CD4 21. Outward health condition asymptomatic so far. Have been on Complera to 12 days, I take it the same time everyday at 1800hr with a big meal. In the past I very seldom got sick from colds, Flu etc. May be every 5 years got a cold or Flu. Been athletic since 16 year till present. Blood test due in 3 weeks to see what's Viral and CD4 are. I don't feel any adverse reaction to the medicine presently. I'll post the test results on this site I when received them. Hopefully it will educate people with this condition.

May 30, 2013 9:50 PM

Review by Knar:

For HIV Infection: As an alternative to Atripla, this medicine is a God send! Compared to Atripla this medicine lowers your viral load very fast! But doesn't cause nearly any symptoms at all. Its easy to take once a day. I know that if the manufacturer can create this a cure or remission medicine is very close. And also watch out for constipation. If you get it just supplement with some Florastor and you're good.

May 11, 2013 6:17 PM

Review by JaimeMpos:

For HIV Infection: I was put on Complera when my viral load hit 0. I have been on it 5 months. I get my labs done next week. I previously had been on 8 pills a day which caused awful nightmares. I was diagnosed HIV positive when I was 8 months pregnant, which was devastating, but miraculously within that short time until I delivered my baby my viral load went from 264 to 62. My daughter is HIV free. I guess the only downfall to Complera is taking with 400 calories. Time will tell. I also experience pain at times and insomnia.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by Long Term User (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For HIV Infection: I've been on Complera over a year now which at over $6000 a month equates to $72,000. There are some rage issues related to the medicine, as well as some insomnia issues and general mental health issues. My labs are great which is an upside. I'm an LTS of this disease having dealt with HIV into AIDS for 20 years now and been on about every HIV med in existence -- I come with a wealth of life experience.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2013 11:29 PM

Review by Lamar_poz:2nd review (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: OK. I'm back with my results. I'm very pleased. I started taking Complera on November 13, 2012. I've never missed a dose and I've kept a medicine log in a note book to make sure I date, time and initial after I take the pill. My blood was drawn on January 11, 2013--I just got the results yesterday. My viral load was undetectable and my T-Cell count was 772. Wow. When I was diagnosed with HIV, my T-Cell count was 533 and then it dropped to 381 when I was trying to decide if I wanted to be on medication. In only 2 months, my T-cell count basically double or tripled. I look forward to seeing how Complera does my HIV in future months.

February 16, 2013 9:58 AM

Review by San Diego Man (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: From day 1 of using Complera have had only one side effect and that was an increased metabolic rate for the first month. Clearly Complera was fighting HIV in that month. In the first week of taking Complera I could feel it working and I felt amazing. Having been on Complera now for over 4 months I forget I am HIV positive as I feel totally normal with this medicine.

January 29, 2013 12:33 PM

Review by heye (taken for less than 1 month):

For HIV Infection: I started treatment two months ago with a viral load of 38000 and T-Cell of 259. Today I got my lab results and my T-cell was 419 and viral load was 120 and I haven't had any negative effects since my start of treatment.

November 28, 2012 11:05 PM

For HIV Infection: I have been taking Complera for about a month now and I got to get my labs in one more month. So far I have not had any side effects and it has been great. My viral load was 4000 and my CD4 was 782 when I started and I can't wait to see what Complera has really done for me when I get my labs.

November 27, 2012 5:48 PM

Review by miamimember (taken for less than 1 month):

For HIV Infection: Its only been a week since starting but so far I have absolutely no side effects. The first 2 nights I had weird dreams, but now I'm back to normal.

November 24, 2012 11:41 AM

Review by Lamar_poz (taken for less than 1 month):

For HIV Infection: Today was my 6th day taking Complera. I've been taking it between 7:30 and 8:30 every morning. I don't notice any side effects at all. The only thing I hate is that I have a cough. It doesn't matter if I drink it with juice and chocolate chip cookies or not--I will still taste it. From reading all the previous reviews, I can't wait to get my labs done in January. Today I felt a little sharp pain in my left arm. I'm not sure if it was from the medicine or from being crunched in a chair on my laptop. I'm definitely going to get that bone test done since I heard it can thin your bones.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2012 9:57 PM

Review by heye (taken for less than 1 month):

For HIV Infection: I recently just got diagnosed about a month two weeks ago. My viral load was 38000 and CD count was 259 and I started treatment about three weeks ago and so far I haven't had any negative side effects and am really hoping it stays like the same.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate