User Reviews for EpiCeram

Learn more about EpiCeram.

Dry Skin 7 reviews 450 medications

9.3
Summary of EpiCeram reviews 7 reviews 9.3

Reviews for EpiCeram

Review by FinallyHope (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Dry Skin: Have suffered from eczema all over face, neck, upper body. Nothing worked, and I had to moisturize every 15-30 mins throughout the day. 2 yrs ago, I stopped using topical steroids and had a serious rebound effect of worsening eczema. Since then, it's been manageable, but has never improved. I've tried changing my diet, going organic, different moisturizers, bleach baths, Bactroban, etc. It was hard to get the prescription as this is a product that not many Drs are familiar with. In 2 weeks, I almost finished the 90g tube, but my skin improved so much! My face is baby-smooth. I could go for 8 hrs without moisturizer! I finally have hope again. It still itches, but the skin quality has drastically improved. No side effects. And no more steroids!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 5:10 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Dry Skin: My partner has suffered from severe facial eczema for the past few years, far worse than she had ever experienced before. We tried everything, from dietary interventions to Elidel to various steroids. We were truly growing quite desperate, as the eczema was so severe it was limiting my partner's ability to go out, work, or even smile and laugh. EpiCeram has completely turned her condition around, to the point where the facial eczema is almost totally eliminated. The results were FAR beyond what I even dared hope for.

February 14, 2013 7:18 PM

For Dry Skin: Epi-ceram cream is amazing for eczema! The same day I applied the cream I noticed and felt a difference within a few hours. Two days later the eczema on my eye lids and around my mouth were clear. I use the cream sparingly and it works better than ANY other prescription. My insurance didn't cover it but I'm so glad I took a chance and paid for it. It was well worth the $$. Hopefully it will soon be available over the counter!

January 14, 2012 3:33 AM

Review by prouxpoulenc:

For Dry Skin: I have moderate eczema around my eyelids, and though cortisone based creams do have a beneficial effect in bringing down the inflammation, irritation, scaling, dryness and itching, I was concerned that long term use would cause my skin to thin, and also that I might get glaucoma or cataracts. I decided to try Epiceram after reading that Stanford medical researchers now believe that eczema is not an autoimmune disorder, but is caused by a breakdown of the skin's natural barrier due to dryness. The theory is that if you can re-moisturize the skin, outside insults from the environment will not trigger an attack. After using it for 5 days, Epiceram worked amazingly well, but to avoid stinging in my eyes, I shut my eyes after applying to let it dry.

November 30, 2010 3:08 AM

Review by rob in canada:

For Dry Skin: I have suffered with atopic dermatitis (moderate-severe) for 10 years. The inflammation and itchiness has been non-stop. My skin has been red and inflamed on my face, neck, arms, hands, and most of my body. Often, my skin has become so damaged from itching and scratching that various regions of my skin have split, such as my eyelids, neck, and knuckles. I HAVE USED EPICERAM FOR 1 WEEK AND ALL THE REDNESS HAS NEARLY CLEARED UP AND THERE ARE NO SPLITS AT ALL. I FEEL GREAT!! I can sleep comfortably. I can shower without the pain of water stinging my damaged skin. I can exercise again without sweat causing burning. I highly recommend this cream.

August 9, 2010 9:49 PM

For Dry Skin: My 4 month old baby boy has used this for a week and within 2 days of use, I noticed a big improvement in his skin. It had become soft again not so dry and rough. The only problem is he screams every time we put it on him so its more like stinging for the first 10 - 15 min, rather then tingling as listed in side effects.

May 21, 2010 1:47 PM

Review by Skinbetter:

For Dry Skin: Cracked dry and itchy skin on my hands is much better after three weeks of use. I no longer fear getting my hands wet which used to cause a flare up of eczema especially on my knuckles. This is the best results I have had from any treatment in years. The only problem I did have was after putting it on my face after shaving (as directed by my doctor) vapors from the cream irritated my eyes.

October 1, 2009 11:16 AM

More about EpiCeram (emollients topical)