User Reviews for Relpax

Learn more about Relpax.

Relpax review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Relpax to treat Migraine

Review by jetcty1:

I have used nearly every migraine med known to science. I have gotten slight relief with maxalt. However, Relpax is what everyone else is calling it, a miracle. I had chronic migraines and life was unbearable. I started botox injections after taking Relpax for a year and I get MAYBE two-three a month now. Before, I averaged 15 plus a month. LOVE Relpax to kick a migraine. But botox to break the cycle is the way to go! Thank you for the relief!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2014 3:44 PM

Review by Liberty9331 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I started getting migraines at 11 years old. For the first few years, Excedrin Migraine would usually get rid of it. But then it stopped working. I finally went to a neurologist. At first I was put on Imitrex, but that either did absolutely nothing, or made the pain worse. After switching to 20 mg Relpax, I am so relieved! It almost always knocks out my migraine symptoms. Once in a while, it won't really work and I'll have to take a 40 mg. Although, one time I did have to go to the ER because I had a migraine for a week and Relpax wasn't working, every single other time it has worked! The only side effect I've noticed is that I'm a bit tired. However, this could just be due to the initial pain beforehand. But heck, I love Relpax!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 8:46 AM

Review by Jode:

I have suffered migraines since l was a baby and have been put on all sorts of medications with no success. My migraines have ruled my life as the pain is horrific and I have had to live each day in fear of the next attack. As nothing worked for me l would end up in hospital having pethadine and morphine injections that only helped sometimes. Just getting to a hospital whilst going through an attack is horrific as the pain and vomiting is like nothing I can describe. A new GP recommended Relpax and it has changed my life, I cannot recommend it more highly. I take the 80mg as the 40mg did not work for me. I can now take Relpax as soon as l feel a migraine coming on and within 40 mins l am pain free. Relpax is life changing.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 5:42 PM

Review by GraceG23 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

God bless the inventor of Relpax. I've had chronic migraines for over 20 years and have tried every triptan. No one works as dependably and thoroughly as Relpax 40mg for me. I can't imagine my life without it. It does make me feel tired, but I'll happily take that over migraine pain.

June 29, 2014 9:10 AM

Review by TeDec (taken for less than 1 month):

I have tried a lot of analgesic medications and antidepressants for my migraines in the past but none of them work so I have just been buying mersyndol and taking them to try and get some sleep but still wake up in pain. Today I was prescribed Relpax after my pharmacists recommended I talk to my doctor about them and they are amazing! I usually live most days with some sort of headache (not always a migraine) but after taking this I am completely pain free!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2014 4:02 AM

Review by Healin1:

I love Relpax. When Excedrin Migraine doesn't work I take 1 20mg. Relpax and my migraine is gone in an hour without side effects. So glad Relpax offers a $10.00 co-pay on their site, otherwise my insurance would charge me $60.00 for 9 pills.

May 18, 2014 1:02 AM

Review by LAM5081:

Relpax works well most of the time, but occasionally it doesn't get rid of all the pain of a migraine. It takes about 40 minutes to stop the aura and flashing lights, and begins to attack the migraine pain. Overall it's okay. Why is it so expensive, though?

April 24, 2014 11:31 AM

Review by CLBM:

I started suffering migraines about 10 years ago and was given several Relpax samples. They were true lifesavers, nearly always working in about 30min (45min max). As the years wore on, I realized how expensive Relpax was, and my insurance didn't cover it. I've also used sumatriptan and naratriptan, having better luck with the naratriptan - but neither is nearly as fast or reliable for complete relief as Relpax is. Last fall, I was able to sign up for Pfizer's assistance program and I now get the Relpax for free. Seriously, I actually bawled I was so happy - this stuff is a lifesaver for me. Try the Pfizer Connection to Care for free Relpax if you can, the income limits are pretty reasonable and the paperwork isn't a huge hassle!

February 9, 2014 3:10 PM

Review by artgirl66:

I started Relpax in a trial for the medication. I first diagnosed with migraines my doctor tried me on this medication as a trial. I had never been on a migraine medication before and found this medication. Getting relief from the awful, life, time consuming headaches was such a great blessing. I found that I could function with migraines. I had been just surviving them. Thank you Relpax for giving me my life back. Thank you for the 10 card.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2014 12:13 PM

Review by Orlio:

20mg usually works great for me, as long as I do not wait too long to take it. I weigh almost 90 lbs. When more than several hours have passed since the start of the headache I take 40mg. I ended up prefering Relpax (eletriptan) to sumatriptan. Perhaps because it works better or perhaps because it is more convenient pill (no need to split). I feel that it has a pain blocking effect for up to two days after taking it. My headaches originate from neck positions and movements and are about once a week.

February 7, 2014 9:42 AM

Review by Rebecca76:

Relpax is the ONLY migraine med that works for me. It relieves my migraines in about a half hour. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. Side effects: tiredness, mild nausea, frequent urination, runny nose, head fogginess.

January 15, 2014 11:16 AM

Review by Jamie J (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I've suffered from migraines for about 10 years. Relpax has been the best prescription thus far to relieve my migraines. It usually kicks in within an hour of taking it; my nausea and headache go away within that hour. My insurance only covers 6 in a month, although my doctor told me that they're supposed to cover 8. I used to pay $50 for 6 pills, now I pay $10 with the co pay card I found on their website (thanks to my pharmacist) Unfortunately I get migraines a few times a month, so I use all 6 pills a month. Common side effects I get are sleepiness (when I take a Relpax, it knocks me out like Nyquil) and frequent urination (don't know how common that is) Overall, I'd highly recommend Relpax.

January 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Review by beachbum57:

Relpax has helped me control my migraines that in all but one case I had to take a second one. At this point I have not had any side effects that I know of. To me it seems to control the migraine where it does not go on for days by stopping at the onset.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2013 6:04 PM

Review by Healin1:

I took my first 20mg. Relplax tonight and it only took an hour to take away a severe migraine! Earlier I had taken 325 mg of Tylenol and 500 mg of aspirin which didn't take the migraine away so I took a Relplax and it worked a miracle! I'm hoping Pfizer is going to continue to offer the 10.00 co-pay in 2014 from their site because even with insurance nine pills would have cost me 60.00.

November 23, 2013 4:59 AM

Review by stinkertwotwo:

The only migraine medicine that has ever worked on me. Now my insurance company will not cover it. Guess I will have to pay for it. It works that good!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2013 8:40 AM

Review by missy223 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It did not relieve my migraine and I actually felt worse after taking it. I cannot seem to find anything that does help though.

November 12, 2013 12:01 AM

Review by SXLLOVE (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I suffer from chronic migraines and a lot of the time need an abort medicine. This medicine did get rid of my headache. BUT it will make you feel like you got hit by a bus. You will be incredibly achy and will wish you still had a headache/migraine. My whole body would hurt for hours after taking this. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I take naratriptan (amerge) and I don't get achy at all and it knocks out my migraine just the same.

October 30, 2013 2:23 PM

Relief without the overwhelming fatigue and nausea some medicines give me. Loved it! Consider it part of my miracle.

September 17, 2013 2:14 PM

Review by pragmatica (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For me, Relpax is a miracle pill. If I take it at migraine onset, the headache doesn't get worse. Unfortunately, my new insurance doesn't cover it. Sumatriptan got rid of the headache but turned me into a completely incoherent zombie for about twelve hours. I've never been so zonked out on a medication before. And it wasn't a fun kind of zonked-out. I was drowsy, got dizzy if I stood up for too long, couldn't focus on work, and couldn't legally drive a car. Rizatriptan also got rid of the headache and only made me about half as zonked out as the sumatriptan.

September 13, 2013 2:37 PM

Review by Di from Australia (taken for less than 1 month):

At times I get migraine every day, particularly after I have been away from home, eg. a week or more, then usually I get a daily migraine for around two weeks. Imigran works well once I know a migraine is on the way. None of the preventers I have tried have helped. Recently I tried taking Relpax at night as a preventer and so far it has worked. This has been a short term experience and I don't plan to continue daily use before I check with my GP.

July 17, 2013 12:23 AM

I have been taking Relpax for 8 years now. Thank God I have great insurance because it is expensive. I only have to pay 20.00 out of pocket. Great, great medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2013 3:01 PM

Review by TXlily:

I love Relpax. I had incapacitating headaches in College, as a young mum and still have them now as a grandmother though not as frequent. If I take a Relpax at the beginning signs, the headache does not progress. If I can't get to my medication early or if I am trying to conserve my pills and try to handle the headache a different way, it still works but just takes longer and I usually have to go to bed with ice bags. Sometimes it still gets to vomiting stages but not as frequently. My biggest wish is that the insurance companies would not try to limit how many they think I need. I so appreciate the savings card and only hope I can use it for more than just this year.

May 18, 2013 10:41 AM

Review by johnny five:

I have suffered from migraines for about 5 years. I have tried numerous medications, prescription and over the counter. Nothing worked. My doctor finally got me Relpax and what a difference. I can get 2 - 3 migraines in a week. Within an hour of taking a 40mg Relpax, I am back to normal. It is expensive, but my doctor was able to get me a $10.00 co-pay card. What a big relief for me. As a migraine sufferer, I will always be grateful for Relpax.

April 24, 2013 11:33 PM

Review by Hope at last:

My experience with Relpax mirrors those reported by many other users on this site: its a miracle. I've suffered from migraines since childhood through my adulthood and have been prescribed a number of medicines with no success. Relpax was most effective for me when taken upon onset, however a standard dose will vanquish a migraine within 45 minutes. I can't tell you how this medicine increased my quality of life and how relieved I felt to finally locate something that worked after 20 years of suffering. Again, this medication is expensive even with co-insurance. But for me it was worth having my life back.

February 19, 2013 12:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Works the best for me out of all other migraine medicines and I've tried many!

January 30, 2013 6:38 AM