User Reviews for Relpax

Learn more about Relpax.

Relpax Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Relpax to treat Migraine

"This is a miracle drug for me. Just wish I could take it during the day while at work. It also expensive as I have a high deductible so I am selective when I use it."

Sniffirg January 24, 2016

"I was given this as a sample from my family doctor and was almost in tears the first time I took it because for the first time in 8 years, my migraine went away without me having to take a trip to the ER. In combination with Zofran, this was literally a miracle for me, I'm so happy with it. Best rescue drug ever."

Katie418079 January 16, 2016

"I've had migraines for many years and have seen several Dr.'s over the years for them. I've been advised to take 4 advil and Xanax and sleep it off. I've been advised to take Imitrex. I've taken Bupap. I used to go to the Dr. for shots to relieve the pain from migraines. My most recent Dr. referred me to a Neurologist. He prescribed Replax. It is a life saver. Of course, he made me get off of caffeine, and they make sure I get plenty of sleep. He also prescribed Phenergan as needed. I'm now on a preventive medicine: amitriptyline. This treatment seems to be working. I've have not missed any work days for over 6 months now. I give Relpax a "10"."

Migraines are Migraines January 8, 2016

"This drug worked so well, once a migraine has started, that I now cut them in half and it still always works. That's good because the drug is expensive. No side effects whatsoever for me."

Ladybug 5 December 17, 2015

"I had been taking Treximet and paying privately as my insurance didn't have it on their formulary and the generic for whatever reason didn't work. After finding out the cost was going to tripple, I saw a headache specialist to find something else and I was given relpax samples... These are wonderful and I now have a prescription for them! I do feel somewhat drowsy for about 12 hours after taking the relpax which I also have to take with one Aleve and as some others have noted, I do find myself needing to pee more often. These side effects are definitely worth it & my insurance covers 4 pills at a time. I wait 4 days then get another refill, paying my copays. I also found the coupon to pay no more then $10 during a refill 1x per month. Yea!!"

Crunchy1 October 29, 2015

"I've had migraines for the last 10 years. Replax is the 2nd prescription I've tried. Two hours after the 1st dose my migraine was no longer in the usual cluster location my entire brain was ready to explode. As directed I took the 2nd dose. After 8 hours I finally felt better in that I could function again. 24 hours later I'm still "foggy", sleepy and have had several rebound headaches. I will not take this drug again."

12BooBoo October 9, 2015

"So I've just recently started suffering migraines due to stress tension in upper traps which doesn't help and hormonal. I'm 31 and I have never had migraines like this. I tired bupap for my tension headaches and after taking them it made it 10 times worse to the point it would turn it into a horrific migraine. My doctor suggested relpax. I took it for the first time today as I felt symptoms come on this morning. I thought it was more tension so I thought I would give bupap another try...45 mins later the throb started coming on. So I called pharmacist and he gave me ok to take relpax. 30 mins later. I AM PAIN FREE! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. Will update on side effects. So far so good!"

Mazzypig (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

"This is my MIRACLE drug! I've suffered with migraines since around the age of 16, now 33. I've tried tons of different medications but Relpax, although terribly expensive, has been the ONLY solution for me. The only real side effect I have trouble with is entire body sensitivity to touch. Literally, just putting a bar of soap to my skin hurts. However, it's only temporary and I'd much rather that temporary feeling than a migraine. Can't wait until there is a generic! GREAT medicine!"

MigraineLady September 17, 2015

"I recently started experiencing severe migraines following a whopping concussion. They completely take me out with crazy pain, pressure, dizziness, and confusion. They often last around 12 hours and are accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Today my neurologist prescribed me relpax. It was perfect timing as I felt a migraine coming on this evening. At first, I didn't think it was working, but right at about 45 minutes, I began to feel relief. After two hours, I feel so much better! I feel a little bit drowsy, but completely worth it! I am so grateful for relpax! It works!"

DanE7 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

"I have had migraines for 30 years. For many years i just suffered and pushed through no matter how bad it was. About 10 years ago i started with migraine fog and could not focus or remember anything to the point i was at my grandmas house all the time just so she could watch the baby so I wouldnt forget to feed her or take care of her because i was in such tremendous pain. ER visits were frequent and the local ER put me on the drug seekers warning. I was suffering 15 plus days a month!! I have tried every trip drug on the markert and sumatryps made my face feel on fire, turn bright red and nose bleed. Then my neurologist said try this... And let me tell ya it was a GOD send! I love it!! Best stuff ever!$$$"

Migraine Mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2015

"I have suffered from migraines for over 15 years (I am 28), and I have tried EVERYTHING, from heavy drugs, to Advil, and nothing has worked for me. I actually fit into a small percentage of people whose migraines worsen when taken medications. Relpax has been the only thing that has given me relief. It is expensive, but on the same my neurologist gave me, there was a coupon to get my monthly prescription for only $10; (I got 6 pills for $10, instead of $50)."

Clajefa July 10, 2015

"I suffered for years with migraines, I have lost intire weekends and days from these headaches. Relpax is a life saver , I had times I thought I wanted to die during these headaches . No more , don't have to suffer anymore get the script. It works. Does make you pee alot"

Champ62 July 7, 2015

"I am a pharmacist and due to the stress of my job, I get horrific migraines. Tried the other Triptans. All of them made my heart feel like it was going to pound right out of my chest. But not Relpax. What a life saver! Expensive, yes! Worth it, ABSOLUTELY! Just FYI, I think a generic will be coming out in 2016. The only weird side effect I get is it makes me have to pee, which is fine except when you have a migraine, you want to lay there u til it goes away. Having to get up to use the bathroom every hour is a bit annoying. But still a very very small price to pay compared to dealing with the pain of a migraine!"

Pharmacist withmigraine (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2015

"I had to pay full price for the Relpax, until I found the coupon for 3 pills a month for $10.00. Although it is so very expensive, going to the hospital is far more costly! Recently, I had surgery, and developed a migraine while in the hospital. The hospital didn't carry Relpax, so my husband had to bring it from home. When I get a migraine, Relpax is the only relief for me! Being a senior and on limited funds, I wish it were cheaper! I have had migraines all my life as well as my father did also. It has been a miracle treatment for me!"

AKauff (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2015

"Didn't work well on the migraine and made me feel like I was roofied. Both times I tried it for migraines I slept for 12+ hours and felt out of it for many more hours. I know it works well for some folks, just not for me apparently."

KnauerKnauer (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2015

"I was given both samples of relpax or zomig for migranes from my neurologist. He said try both and he would Rx what one worked better. The zomig was a nasal spray that I did not like, the the relpax was way better for me. I've been on this medication for about 6 months. I take it about 2 times a month. I can feel my migraine just melt away in about 30 minutes after taking this. It's really a miracle pill. Only side effect is the next day my head feels spacey, but I would take that over a migraine anyday."

Steve245 February 18, 2015

"I have suffered with Migraines since childhood. Missed days of school and eventually days of work. I've been put on every medication doctors could think of and spent quite a bit of time in ER's due to chronic migraines. Finally, I switched doctors due to a move and was prescribed Relpax. This stuff is absolutely AMAZING! I prefer the 40mg dose and it takes care of my migraine within 20 minutes."

Kristina Moore (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2014

"This is a miracle pill. Migraines used to ruin my life. I couldnt go out with friends or enjoy life. I would be out of work. I take this pill and within 45 minutes I am feeling great. I even get this feeling of euphoria. I'm just thrilled my pain is over! I never have a side effect with this medication other than being a little sleepy which I definitely don't mind at all. I have taken many other migraine pills and this by far has the least side effects and works the best. I am so happy I found this pill."

AkBella (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2014

"Have had migraines for about 7 yrs. Seems to have started a while after slipping and falling on my back in the kitchen. Held out arms to break fall and my head tucked slammed back. Headaches so intense you literally will call 911 to get immediate pain relief NOW . Vomiting which intensifies the pressure and blurred vision that is in no way a typical headache. Relpax 40 is the only thing I have ever tried and works. Add a ice pack and a BC powder and it works faster to relieve my pain. Makes me feel much better after a long nap in a dark cold room. Like any other illness it takes a day or so to feel normal again. I have ins. and pay $10 for 10 pills per month with the discount card. Before that I paid $10 per pill. Its truly a miracle med."

southtexas November 3, 2014

"I've suffered with migraines since the age of 10. I do Not like to take prescription medicines. However, Relpax, in my estimation is one of the BEST medicines ever made. I have suffered with light and sound sensitivity, throbbing of the eyes, and finally vomiting. I have literally lost whole days in bed, due to the severity. Have been taking Relpax for over 3 years now, as needed, at the onset of a migraine, I usually drink warm tea or coffee with the pill, seems to speed up the relief. Usually GONE within 1 hour. My migraines have also become less often and no longer have the severe problem. Best medication I've ever taken and NO side effects noticed."

Rhonda Sue October 25, 2014

"I have used nearly every migraine med known to science. I have gotten slight relief with maxalt. However, Relpax is what everyone else is calling it, a miracle. I had chronic migraines and life was unbearable. I started botox injections after taking Relpax for a year and I get MAYBE two-three a month now. Before, I averaged 15 plus a month. LOVE Relpax to kick a migraine. But botox to break the cycle is the way to go! Thank you for the relief!"

jetcty1 October 8, 2014

"I started getting migraines at 11 years old. For the first few years, Excedrin Migraine would usually get rid of it. But then it stopped working. I finally went to a neurologist. At first I was put on Imitrex, but that either did absolutely nothing, or made the pain worse. After switching to 20 mg Relpax, I am so relieved! It almost always knocks out my migraine symptoms. Once in a while, it won't really work and I'll have to take a 40 mg. Although, one time I did have to go to the ER because I had a migraine for a week and Relpax wasn't working, every single other time it has worked! The only side effect I've noticed is that I'm a bit tired. However, this could just be due to the initial pain beforehand. But heck, I love Relpax!"

Liberty9331 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2014

"I have suffered migraines since l was a baby and have been put on all sorts of medications with no success. My migraines have ruled my life as the pain is horrific and I have had to live each day in fear of the next attack. As nothing worked for me l would end up in hospital having pethadine and morphine injections that only helped sometimes. Just getting to a hospital whilst going through an attack is horrific as the pain and vomiting is like nothing I can describe. A new GP recommended Relpax and it has changed my life, I cannot recommend it more highly. I take the 80mg as the 40mg did not work for me. I can now take Relpax as soon as l feel a migraine coming on and within 40 mins l am pain free. Relpax is life changing."

Jode September 6, 2014

"God bless the inventor of Relpax. I've had chronic migraines for over 20 years and have tried every triptan. No one works as dependably and thoroughly as Relpax 40mg for me. I can't imagine my life without it. It does make me feel tired, but I'll happily take that over migraine pain."

GraceG23 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 29, 2014

"I have tried a lot of analgesic medications and antidepressants for my migraines in the past but none of them work so I have just been buying mersyndol and taking them to try and get some sleep but still wake up in pain. Today I was prescribed Relpax after my pharmacists recommended I talk to my doctor about them and they are amazing! I usually live most days with some sort of headache (not always a migraine) but after taking this I am completely pain free!"

TeDec (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2014