User Reviews for Eletriptan

Also known as: Relpax

Learn more about Eletriptan.

Migraine 77 reviews 77 medications

Summary of Eletriptan reviews 77 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Eletriptan

Review by GraceG23 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: God bless the inventor of Relpax. I've had chronic migraines for over 20 years and have tried every triptan. No one works as dependably and thoroughly as Relpax 40mg for me. I can't imagine my life without it. It does make me feel tired, but I'll happily take that over migraine pain.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2014 9:10 AM

Review by TeDec (taken for less than 1 month):

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I have tried a lot of analgesic medications and antidepressants for my migraines in the past but none of them work so I have just been buying mersyndol and taking them to try and get some sleep but still wake up in pain. Today I was prescribed Relpax after my pharmacists recommended I talk to my doctor about them and they are amazing! I usually live most days with some sort of headache (not always a migraine) but after taking this I am completely pain free!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2014 4:02 AM

Review by Healin1:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I love Relpax. When Excedrin Migraine doesn't work I take 1 20mg. Relpax and my migraine is gone in an hour without side effects. So glad Relpax offers a $10.00 co-pay on their site, otherwise my insurance would charge me $60.00 for 9 pills.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2014 1:02 AM

Review by LAM5081:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: Relpax works well most of the time, but occasionally it doesn't get rid of all the pain of a migraine. It takes about 40 minutes to stop the aura and flashing lights, and begins to attack the migraine pain. Overall it's okay. Why is it so expensive, though?

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 11:31 AM

Review by CLBM:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I started suffering migraines about 10 years ago and was given several Relpax samples. They were true lifesavers, nearly always working in about 30min (45min max). As the years wore on, I realized how expensive Relpax was, and my insurance didn't cover it. I've also used sumatriptan and naratriptan, having better luck with the naratriptan - but neither is nearly as fast or reliable for complete relief as Relpax is. Last fall, I was able to sign up for Pfizer's assistance program and I now get the Relpax for free. Seriously, I actually bawled I was so happy - this stuff is a lifesaver for me. Try the Pfizer Connection to Care for free Relpax if you can, the income limits are pretty reasonable and the paperwork isn't a huge hassle!

February 9, 2014 3:10 PM

Review by artgirl66:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I started Relpax in a trial for the medication. I first diagnosed with migraines my doctor tried me on this medication as a trial. I had never been on a migraine medication before and found this medication. Getting relief from the awful, life, time consuming headaches was such a great blessing. I found that I could function with migraines. I had been just surviving them. Thank you Relpax for giving me my life back. Thank you for the 10 card.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2014 12:13 PM

Review by Orlio:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: 20mg usually works great for me, as long as I do not wait too long to take it. I weigh almost 90 lbs. When more than several hours have passed since the start of the headache I take 40mg. I ended up prefering Relpax (eletriptan) to sumatriptan. Perhaps because it works better or perhaps because it is more convenient pill (no need to split). I feel that it has a pain blocking effect for up to two days after taking it. My headaches originate from neck positions and movements and are about once a week.

February 7, 2014 9:42 AM

Review by Rebecca76:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: Relpax is the ONLY migraine med that works for me. It relieves my migraines in about a half hour. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. Side effects: tiredness, mild nausea, frequent urination, runny nose, head fogginess.

January 15, 2014 11:16 AM

Review by Jamie J (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I've suffered from migraines for about 10 years. Relpax has been the best prescription thus far to relieve my migraines. It usually kicks in within an hour of taking it; my nausea and headache go away within that hour. My insurance only covers 6 in a month, although my doctor told me that they're supposed to cover 8. I used to pay $50 for 6 pills, now I pay $10 with the co pay card I found on their website (thanks to my pharmacist) Unfortunately I get migraines a few times a month, so I use all 6 pills a month. Common side effects I get are sleepiness (when I take a Relpax, it knocks me out like Nyquil) and frequent urination (don't know how common that is) Overall, I'd highly recommend Relpax.

January 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Review by beachbum57:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: Relpax has helped me control my migraines that in all but one case I had to take a second one. At this point I have not had any side effects that I know of. To me it seems to control the migraine where it does not go on for days by stopping at the onset.

November 26, 2013 6:04 PM

Review by Healin1:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I took my first 20mg. Relplax tonight and it only took an hour to take away a severe migraine! Earlier I had taken 325 mg of Tylenol and 500 mg of aspirin which didn't take the migraine away so I took a Relplax and it worked a miracle! I'm hoping Pfizer is going to continue to offer the 10.00 co-pay in 2014 from their site because even with insurance nine pills would have cost me 60.00.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2013 4:59 AM

Review by stinkertwotwo:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: The only migraine medicine that has ever worked on me. Now my insurance company will not cover it. Guess I will have to pay for it. It works that good!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2013 8:40 AM

Review by missy223 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: It did not relieve my migraine and I actually felt worse after taking it. I cannot seem to find anything that does help though.

November 12, 2013 12:01 AM

Review by SXLLOVE (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I suffer from chronic migraines and a lot of the time need an abort medicine. This medicine did get rid of my headache. BUT it will make you feel like you got hit by a bus. You will be incredibly achy and will wish you still had a headache/migraine. My whole body would hurt for hours after taking this. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I take naratriptan (amerge) and I don't get achy at all and it knocks out my migraine just the same.

October 30, 2013 2:23 PM

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: Relief without the overwhelming fatigue and nausea some medicines give me. Loved it! Consider it part of my miracle.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2013 2:14 PM

Review by pragmatica (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: For me, Relpax is a miracle pill. If I take it at migraine onset, the headache doesn't get worse. Unfortunately, my new insurance doesn't cover it. Sumatriptan got rid of the headache but turned me into a completely incoherent zombie for about twelve hours. I've never been so zonked out on a medication before. And it wasn't a fun kind of zonked-out. I was drowsy, got dizzy if I stood up for too long, couldn't focus on work, and couldn't legally drive a car. Rizatriptan also got rid of the headache and only made me about half as zonked out as the sumatriptan.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 13, 2013 2:37 PM

Review by Di from Australia (taken for less than 1 month):

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: At times I get migraine every day, particularly after I have been away from home, eg. a week or more, then usually I get a daily migraine for around two weeks. Imigran works well once I know a migraine is on the way. None of the preventers I have tried have helped. Recently I tried taking Relpax at night as a preventer and so far it has worked. This has been a short term experience and I don't plan to continue daily use before I check with my GP.

July 17, 2013 12:23 AM

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I have been taking Relpax for 8 years now. Thank God I have great insurance because it is expensive. I only have to pay 20.00 out of pocket. Great, great medicine.

May 20, 2013 3:01 PM

Review by TXlily:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I love Relpax. I had incapacitating headaches in College, as a young mum and still have them now as a grandmother though not as frequent. If I take a Relpax at the beginning signs, the headache does not progress. If I can't get to my medication early or if I am trying to conserve my pills and try to handle the headache a different way, it still works but just takes longer and I usually have to go to bed with ice bags. Sometimes it still gets to vomiting stages but not as frequently. My biggest wish is that the insurance companies would not try to limit how many they think I need. I so appreciate the savings card and only hope I can use it for more than just this year.

May 18, 2013 10:41 AM

Review by johnny five:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I have suffered from migraines for about 5 years. I have tried numerous medications, prescription and over the counter. Nothing worked. My doctor finally got me Relpax and what a difference. I can get 2 - 3 migraines in a week. Within an hour of taking a 40mg Relpax, I am back to normal. It is expensive, but my doctor was able to get me a $10.00 co-pay card. What a big relief for me. As a migraine sufferer, I will always be grateful for Relpax.

April 24, 2013 11:33 PM

Review by Hope at last:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: My experience with Relpax mirrors those reported by many other users on this site: its a miracle. I've suffered from migraines since childhood through my adulthood and have been prescribed a number of medicines with no success. Relpax was most effective for me when taken upon onset, however a standard dose will vanquish a migraine within 45 minutes. I can't tell you how this medicine increased my quality of life and how relieved I felt to finally locate something that worked after 20 years of suffering. Again, this medication is expensive even with co-insurance. But for me it was worth having my life back.

February 19, 2013 12:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: Works the best for me out of all other migraine medicines and I've tried many!

January 30, 2013 6:38 AM

Review by MMMN:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: Thank God for whoever made Relpax! Just wish it was a little more affordable. With insurance it cost $140 for 12 tabs. Some side effects, but I don't care, they are nothing compared to having relief. Every part of my life has been affected by migraines. Now, I can live. The migraine always comes back the next day or late the same night, (because my migraines always last at least 2 days if not 3), even before I started Relpax. With this I get relief! Then if I have to, I take it again the 2nd day. Only use if I really have to but don't wait too long to start it, takes awhile. I pray it never stops working for me.

January 19, 2013 2:07 AM

Review by filmstarco:

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: This is the first migraine medicine I have ever taken that actually WORKS. I go through spans of time where I am migraine free for a month or more, but then get walloped for a week or two on an off with BAD migraines. These actually cause pain in my temples and the nerves in my face and ears. Its horrific. Although this medicine is very costly ($40 WITH my health insurance copay for FOUR pils) they do offer a $10 co-pay card which I will be trying out this week when I refill. I recommend this pill - within 2 hours all signs of the headache are gone. It saved my New Year's Eve!

January 3, 2013 4:00 PM

Review by MaggieMulroy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: I have suffered with migraines my entire life, both with and without auras. Migraines leave me having to close myself off from the world and try desperately to find a semi-comfortable spot so that I can lay down long enough to hopefully fall asleep through part of my usual 12-18 hour migraine. Since being prescribed Relpax, I am finally free! Once I feel a migraine coming on, I take one 40mg Relpax pill and, within 10 minutes, can actually feel it working and the pain subsiding. Within a half hour, the pain is completely gone! Only once or twice did I need to take more than 1 pill but that was because I waited too long to take it and it works better the sooner it's taken. It's improved my life!

December 29, 2012 2:04 PM