User Reviews for Eletriptan

Also known as: Relpax

Learn more about Eletriptan.

Migraine 88 reviews 77 medications

8.9
Summary of Eletriptan reviews 88 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Eletriptan

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I am a pharmacist and due to the stress of my job, I get horrific migraines. Tried the other Triptans. All of them made my heart feel like it was going to pound right out of my chest. But not Relpax. What a life saver! Expensive, yes! Worth it, ABSOLUTELY! Just FYI, I think a generic will be coming out in 2016. The only weird side effect I get is it makes me have to pee, which is fine except when you have a migraine, you want to lay there u til it goes away. Having to get up to use the bathroom every hour is a bit annoying. But still a very very small price to pay compared to dealing with the pain of a migraine!"

Pharmacist withmigraine (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2015

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I had to pay full price for the Relpax, until I found the coupon for 3 pills a month for $10.00. Although it is so very expensive, going to the hospital is far more costly! Recently, I had surgery, and developed a migraine while in the hospital. The hospital didn't carry Relpax, so my husband had to bring it from home. When I get a migraine, Relpax is the only relief for me! Being a senior and on limited funds, I wish it were cheaper! I have had migraines all my life as well as my father did also. It has been a miracle treatment for me!"

AKauff (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2015

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Didn't work well on the migraine and made me feel like I was roofied. Both times I tried it for migraines I slept for 12+ hours and felt out of it for many more hours. I know it works well for some folks, just not for me apparently."

KnauerKnauer (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2015

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I was given both samples of relpax or zomig for migranes from my neurologist. He said try both and he would Rx what one worked better. The zomig was a nasal spray that I did not like, the the relpax was way better for me. I've been on this medication for about 6 months. I take it about 2 times a month. I can feel my migraine just melt away in about 30 minutes after taking this. It's really a miracle pill. Only side effect is the next day my head feels spacey, but I would take that over a migraine anyday."

Steve245 February 18, 2015

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered with Migraines since childhood. Missed days of school and eventually days of work. I've been put on every medication doctors could think of and spent quite a bit of time in ER's due to chronic migraines. Finally, I switched doctors due to a move and was prescribed Relpax. This stuff is absolutely AMAZING! I prefer the 40mg dose and it takes care of my migraine within 20 minutes."

Kristina Moore (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This is a miracle pill. Migraines used to ruin my life. I couldnt go out with friends or enjoy life. I would be out of work. I take this pill and within 45 minutes I am feeling great. I even get this feeling of euphoria. I'm just thrilled my pain is over! I never have a side effect with this medication other than being a little sleepy which I definitely don't mind at all. I have taken many other migraine pills and this by far has the least side effects and works the best. I am so happy I found this pill."

AkBella (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Have had migraines for about 7 yrs. Seems to have started a while after slipping and falling on my back in the kitchen. Held out arms to break fall and my head tucked slammed back. Headaches so intense you literally will call 911 to get immediate pain relief NOW . Vomiting which intensifies the pressure and blurred vision that is in no way a typical headache. Relpax 40 is the only thing I have ever tried and works. Add a ice pack and a BC powder and it works faster to relieve my pain. Makes me feel much better after a long nap in a dark cold room. Like any other illness it takes a day or so to feel normal again. I have ins. and pay $10 for 10 pills per month with the discount card. Before that I paid $10 per pill. Its truly a miracle med."

southtexas November 3, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've suffered with migraines since the age of 10. I do Not like to take prescription medicines. However, Relpax, in my estimation is one of the BEST medicines ever made. I have suffered with light and sound sensitivity, throbbing of the eyes, and finally vomiting. I have literally lost whole days in bed, due to the severity. Have been taking Relpax for over 3 years now, as needed, at the onset of a migraine, I usually drink warm tea or coffee with the pill, seems to speed up the relief. Usually GONE within 1 hour. My migraines have also become less often and no longer have the severe problem. Best medication I've ever taken and NO side effects noticed."

Rhonda Sue October 25, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I have used nearly every migraine med known to science. I have gotten slight relief with maxalt. However, Relpax is what everyone else is calling it, a miracle. I had chronic migraines and life was unbearable. I started botox injections after taking Relpax for a year and I get MAYBE two-three a month now. Before, I averaged 15 plus a month. LOVE Relpax to kick a migraine. But botox to break the cycle is the way to go! Thank you for the relief!"

jetcty1 October 8, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I started getting migraines at 11 years old. For the first few years, Excedrin Migraine would usually get rid of it. But then it stopped working. I finally went to a neurologist. At first I was put on Imitrex, but that either did absolutely nothing, or made the pain worse. After switching to 20 mg Relpax, I am so relieved! It almost always knocks out my migraine symptoms. Once in a while, it won't really work and I'll have to take a 40 mg. Although, one time I did have to go to the ER because I had a migraine for a week and Relpax wasn't working, every single other time it has worked! The only side effect I've noticed is that I'm a bit tired. However, this could just be due to the initial pain beforehand. But heck, I love Relpax!"

Liberty9331 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered migraines since l was a baby and have been put on all sorts of medications with no success. My migraines have ruled my life as the pain is horrific and I have had to live each day in fear of the next attack. As nothing worked for me l would end up in hospital having pethadine and morphine injections that only helped sometimes. Just getting to a hospital whilst going through an attack is horrific as the pain and vomiting is like nothing I can describe. A new GP recommended Relpax and it has changed my life, I cannot recommend it more highly. I take the 80mg as the 40mg did not work for me. I can now take Relpax as soon as l feel a migraine coming on and within 40 mins l am pain free. Relpax is life changing."

Jode September 6, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "God bless the inventor of Relpax. I've had chronic migraines for over 20 years and have tried every triptan. No one works as dependably and thoroughly as Relpax 40mg for me. I can't imagine my life without it. It does make me feel tired, but I'll happily take that over migraine pain."

GraceG23 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 29, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I have tried a lot of analgesic medications and antidepressants for my migraines in the past but none of them work so I have just been buying mersyndol and taking them to try and get some sleep but still wake up in pain. Today I was prescribed Relpax after my pharmacists recommended I talk to my doctor about them and they are amazing! I usually live most days with some sort of headache (not always a migraine) but after taking this I am completely pain free!"

TeDec (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I love Relpax. When Excedrin Migraine doesn't work I take 1 20mg. Relpax and my migraine is gone in an hour without side effects. So glad Relpax offers a $10.00 co-pay on their site, otherwise my insurance would charge me $60.00 for 9 pills."

Healin1 May 18, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax works well most of the time, but occasionally it doesn't get rid of all the pain of a migraine. It takes about 40 minutes to stop the aura and flashing lights, and begins to attack the migraine pain. Overall it's okay. Why is it so expensive, though? "

LAM5081 April 24, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I started suffering migraines about 10 years ago and was given several Relpax samples. They were true lifesavers, nearly always working in about 30min (45min max). As the years wore on, I realized how expensive Relpax was, and my insurance didn't cover it. I've also used sumatriptan and naratriptan, having better luck with the naratriptan - but neither is nearly as fast or reliable for complete relief as Relpax is. Last fall, I was able to sign up for Pfizer's assistance program and I now get the Relpax for free. Seriously, I actually bawled I was so happy - this stuff is a lifesaver for me. Try the Pfizer Connection to Care for free Relpax if you can, the income limits are pretty reasonable and the paperwork isn't a huge hassle!"

CLBM February 9, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I started Relpax in a trial for the medication. I first diagnosed with migraines my doctor tried me on this medication as a trial. I had never been on a migraine medication before and found this medication. Getting relief from the awful, life, time consuming headaches was such a great blessing. I found that I could function with migraines. I had been just surviving them. Thank you Relpax for giving me my life back. Thank you for the 10 card."

artgirl66 February 7, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "20mg usually works great for me, as long as I do not wait too long to take it. I weigh almost 90 lbs. When more than several hours have passed since the start of the headache I take 40mg. I ended up prefering Relpax (eletriptan) to sumatriptan. Perhaps because it works better or perhaps because it is more convenient pill (no need to split). I feel that it has a pain blocking effect for up to two days after taking it. My headaches originate from neck positions and movements and are about once a week."

Orlio February 7, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax is the ONLY migraine med that works for me. It relieves my migraines in about a half hour. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. Side effects: tiredness, mild nausea, frequent urination, runny nose, head fogginess."

Rebecca76 January 15, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've suffered from migraines for about 10 years. Relpax has been the best prescription thus far to relieve my migraines. It usually kicks in within an hour of taking it; my nausea and headache go away within that hour. My insurance only covers 6 in a month, although my doctor told me that they're supposed to cover 8. I used to pay $50 for 6 pills, now I pay $10 with the co pay card I found on their website (thanks to my pharmacist) Unfortunately I get migraines a few times a month, so I use all 6 pills a month. Common side effects I get are sleepiness (when I take a Relpax, it knocks me out like Nyquil) and frequent urination (don't know how common that is) Overall, I'd highly recommend Relpax."

Jamie J (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 14, 2014

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax has helped me control my migraines that in all but one case I had to take a second one. At this point I have not had any side effects that I know of. To me it seems to control the migraine where it does not go on for days by stopping at the onset."

beachbum57 November 26, 2013

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I took my first 20mg. Relplax tonight and it only took an hour to take away a severe migraine! Earlier I had taken 325 mg of Tylenol and 500 mg of aspirin which didn't take the migraine away so I took a Relplax and it worked a miracle! I'm hoping Pfizer is going to continue to offer the 10.00 co-pay in 2014 from their site because even with insurance nine pills would have cost me 60.00."

Healin1 November 23, 2013

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "The only migraine medicine that has ever worked on me. Now my insurance company will not cover it. Guess I will have to pay for it. It works that good!"

stinkertwotwo November 12, 2013

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "It did not relieve my migraine and I actually felt worse after taking it. I cannot seem to find anything that does help though."

missy223 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2013

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I suffer from chronic migraines and a lot of the time need an abort medicine. This medicine did get rid of my headache. BUT it will make you feel like you got hit by a bus. You will be incredibly achy and will wish you still had a headache/migraine. My whole body would hurt for hours after taking this. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I take naratriptan (amerge) and I don't get achy at all and it knocks out my migraine just the same."

SXLLOVE (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2013