User Reviews for Sustiva

Learn more about Sustiva.

Sustiva review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Sustiva to treat HIV Infection

Review by Bayne (taken for 10 years or more):

Was on it for years before I developed resistance to it. MUST be taken at night to minimize side effects. Bad depression, confusion, random crying spells, feeling helpless, suicidal thoughts (& no I've never had it prior or after I stopped this medication). It does get better as the med levels out but the first couple weeks are torture! In a grocery store I sat on the floor crying because 3 things on my list were on the same isle. I've never experienced anything like that in my life!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 9:04 PM

Review by The other just me:

This is my 4th day on Sustiva. I've experienced drowsiness, mental confusion, anxiety and sleeplessness. I have to get used to not eating before taking as eating prior to, only makes those symptoms worse. I've developed a habit of bumping into things and when I drive, I'm not driving as I usually do, it's a little bit over the road, so be cautious with heavy machinery. The symptoms usually die down within 2 hours of my awakening and I feel somewhat like my old self. Like I said, it's only been 4 days, so hopefully, these symptoms will subside as I continue to partake. I definitely do not recommend drinking anything other than water with this medicine. The effects are way too powerful. One last thing, be careful with your steps, I fell at work.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate