User Reviews for Sustiva

Learn more about Sustiva.

Sustiva Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 104 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Sustiva to treat HIV Infection

"The binder change several years ago caused internal bleeding, severe bloating, complete loss of appetite as well as liver, kidney & pancreas issues. It was so bad I was in bed 24/7 for several years. I had to change doctors to change the medication and everything improved immensely. The Mayo Clinic wrote about this reaction."

GreyVS (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 23, 2016

"Was on it for years before I developed resistance to it. MUST be taken at night to minimize side effects. Bad depression, confusion, random crying spells, feeling helpless, suicidal thoughts (& no I've never had it prior or after I stopped this medication). It does get better as the med levels out but the first couple weeks are torture! In a grocery store I sat on the floor crying because 3 things on my list were on the same isle. I've never experienced anything like that in my life!"

Bayne (taken for 10 years or more) February 2, 2015

"This is my 4th day on Sustiva. I've experienced drowsiness, mental confusion, anxiety and sleeplessness. I have to get used to not eating before taking as eating prior to, only makes those symptoms worse. I've developed a habit of bumping into things and when I drive, I'm not driving as I usually do, it's a little bit over the road, so be cautious with heavy machinery. The symptoms usually die down within 2 hours of my awakening and I feel somewhat like my old self. Like I said, it's only been 4 days, so hopefully, these symptoms will subside as I continue to partake. I definitely do not recommend drinking anything other than water with this medicine. The effects are way too powerful. One last thing, be careful with your steps, I fell at work."

The other just me January 8, 2012