User Reviews for Atripla

Learn more about Atripla.

HIV Infection 80 reviews 70 medications

8.9
Summary of Atripla reviews 80 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Atripla

For HIV Infection "I was nervous all day waiting for my first pill and was kind of shaking during my dinner, I took my pill right after that. Two hours later I felt relaxed, a little dizzy, my ears were hearing a whistle, my face was a little red but I was happy."

mauricio2016 February 4, 2016

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with HIV/Aids in the late part of April of 2015. At the time I knew nothing about the infection but soon after I became even more ill the infection attacked my heart. I stayed in the hospital for six months, which at the time my CD4 was only 3 and my viral load was like 3million. I was really close to death. But I got this great doctor who thought Atripla would work for me so I started the pill. So when I left the hospital in October my CD4 had come up slowly to 89 and viral was at 100,000. Since then I have relearned to walk and every thing. Its January and presently I'm Undetectable and CD4 is at 500. There was a time as well for about a week where I had stopped taking the meds due to insurance stuff. All and all turned ok"

Treal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 24, 2016

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in early October of 2015. My CD4 count was at 89 and my Viral Load up to 182,000/mL. I began taking Atripla on Nov. 10th 2015. I went in for my 6 week follow up on December 15th. After receiving my test results I was pleasantly surprised. My CD4 count had jumped to 394, and my Viral Load dropped to 2,185 - after only 6 weeks of treatment. Another thing - I actually take my pill first thing in the morning when I wake up. With my schedule, it is difficult for me to take it on an empty stomach in the evenings. I'm more prone to adhere to the pill in the AM when my stomach is already empty. I use my phone with an alarm set for every morning as a fail safe."

BB-8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

For HIV Infection "I have been on trivenz (Atripla) for a year. The first 6 months my CD4 went from 190 to 600 and my viral load from 440,000 to 2000. And during the month of August this year I skipped 12 days without my meds and in October my CD4 dropped to 425 and viral load was 2000. Am praying that this meds should not become resistant"

Sphi December 6, 2015

For HIV Infection "The only drawback to this and all HIV drugs is the expense to people without insurance."

DeeDee 4 November 5, 2015

For HIV Infection "I tested poz on feb 8. 2008 i didn't start Atripla till 2013 my v_load was 450...cd4..was97.000...within 30days i was undetectable cd4..1400...been on this medicine for three years now an i only have short term memory lost just of little thinks i love this medicine im alive healthy an also have good people in my corner thanks Atripla your tha best"

A.trip- (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2015

For HIV Infection "I have been HIV+ since 1988. Refused treatment till 1996 because I felt fine - but I abstained from penetrative sex. In 1996 I started treatment as my CD4 and Viral Load were bad!!! Fortunately I responded well to all meds over the years. Have been on Atripla for over 7 years now. Works well for me - CD4 always above 800 and VL undetectable. I take it at night because of the dizziness it causes for first few hours. My only problem now is lipodystrophy - excessive fat in abdomen area despite healthy eating and dieting. Struggling to keep weight between 180 - 190. Would love to get down to 170. I exercise daily too! Docs don't want to change my meds as I am responding well to it. No other side effects for me."

Vikings fan (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 3, 2015

For HIV Infection "i was diagnosed in 2009. Started atripla in 2012. No side effects that I could feel and last lab in June 2015 viral load <20 no detectable and CD4 1192. I feel great and love only having to take one pill a day"

U R not Alone (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2015

For HIV Infection "I was diagnotised with hiv in 2015, may. Doctors say I got it for few years ago, my cd4:180,viral load:37000. I started immediately with atripla. Major side effect from the first days like very dizzy, couldnt' concentrate at all, chest pressure, breath problems, stomach pain, heart beating (too fast). So I decided to see the doctor and change for something else. I got only 2 days but I can't take more. So I'm unlucky with this:/"

Cristian123 May 29, 2015

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed last April 2014 I believe I was infected June 2013 that was the only time I experienced a really bad cold with night sweats, high temperture, chills. I thought it was just a cold. I was together with my partner for 10 years and he never disclosed that he knew. I kept on seeing billboards regarding HIV and it felt as if they were in every corner. I got tested and it came out positive in April 2014 I was freaked out. Cd4 at 450, I decided to take atripla yesterday 4/7/15 because I felt I needed for my own health I was freaked out and still am. No side affects other than drowsy at night and a bit of insomnia. Let's see how this works for my body. I pray I look normal. "

Gods chosen child April 8, 2015

For HIV Infection "3 months of being on Atripla,my HIV test came out -,been on it for over a year.I take it in the mornings,as I had no after effects from the beginning.It is majestic!"

Fruilatte March 5, 2015

For HIV Infection "i reported first in august 2014. my 6 mo labs on sept 6, 2014: CD4: 1050, VL: undetectable (<20), CD4/CD8: 0.8 but: high creatinine, somewhat elevated ALT, AST, high 3glycerides. my 10 month labs on jan 13 2015: CD4: 1080, VL: 116 (blip...), CD4/CD8: 1.2, kidneys back to normal, but: even higher ASL, ALT than last time, high 3glycerides. 12 mo labs on march 4, 2015 overall clinical situation: liver seems to be suffering (efavirenz), i get crabby and angry more easily than before, i seem disinterested in things i used to be interested before. so -- cant wait to change. doc talking about abacavir/lamivudine/nevirapine (kivexa + viramune). i asked if i can have triumeq but he doesn't like dolutegravir's unkown longterm side effects"

PUPITU (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2015

For HIV Infection "My started Atripila in September of 2013. I had horrible side effects for a year. And I am still fighting issues wih my counts. When my viral load goes down so does my CD4 counts. My viral load will not stay down. It varied between 30 and 60 while my CD4 counts has never been over 200."

Kansas30 February 6, 2015

For HIV Infection "Re: lost_found1982 Stick to your guns - You know your body better than everyone else! Less than 2 years ago I was in hospital with a very serious illness which needed to be attended to first before I was able to start Atripla. The period between Christmas & New Year 2012 included a positive result to a HIV test (as a Christmas present) and a CD4 count of 13 as the surprise in the box - Seriously! It would not be until late March last year when I took my first tablet and have never looked back & currently have a count of 484. I took charge of my body in conjunction with 2 GP's, a specialist and a clinical Psychologist to get me through many hurdles, heartbreaks & trusted friends. I'm back at working outdoors & enjoying the gift!"

CoolDude (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2014

For HIV Infection "Was diagnosed in Feb 2008 and started Atripla the beginning of 2009. Experienced fatigue and lightheaded the first week but has been undetectable every since. Great medicine, doctors want to take me off because of their own personal issues and experiences but I refuse. "

lost_found1982 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 16, 2014

For HIV Infection "I had full blown AIDS in 2004 with a count of 93 and viral load was enormous. I heard you can build a tolerance to Atripla in 3 or 4 years but I haven't. I've taken it for a decade now. No side effects at all. My count is at a steady 800 and I'm always undetectable. I never had any effects. When I first took it I felt a bit high. But I just took it before I went to bed. Now I can't even tell if I've taken it or not. This is a guess and simply a personal observation of myself but I think it may cause a heightened sensitivity to wheat. I gained weight, cholesterol went up, triglycerides Sky rocketed about 5 years into it. I just stopped soy, wheat and dairy for three months and everything went back to normal. I have no clue if the medicine is it."

MountainSon (taken for 10 years or more) November 15, 2014

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with HIV early this year and I was 19. As an individual you freak out. I started Atripla and the only symptom I have is very vivid dreams my doctor told me my status is great. And I had blood work done recently and they are amazing."

Young boy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2014

For HIV Infection "Infected mid-Nov 2013, primary infecwtion symptoms at beginning of Dec (fatigue, chills followed by heat and sweating, third week of December swollen lymph nodes, mucous discharge in throat), diagnosed January 8, 2014 (panic, denial (must have been a false positive.)), west blot confirmed January 10, 2014. Tests Jan 14, 2014: CD4 372, viral load 320,000, CD4/8 0.5 Follow-up on Feb 10, 2014: CD4 450, viral load 250,000 CD4/8 0.6. Atripla started March 4, 2014. First day dizzy, body itch (not bad), itch in my balls (unbearable all night). After day 1, all bad effects gone. Two weeks later skin rash on the neck and chest, not itchy; cleared in 3 days. After 1 month: viral load 1110, cd4 1030, cd4/8 0.7 After 3 mo: viral load 127, CD4: 870, CD4/8: 1.0 6 month test in 3 wks."

PUPITU (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2014

For HIV Infection "I have been using Atripla now for about three months. I haven't gotten my second blood test. However, when I began taking Atripla my CD4 was 386 and my viral load was 85K. I was experiencing acute respiratory problems. As soon as I began taking Atripla within several weeks my lymphnodes began to shrink and the respiratory issue (persistent cough) went away. Side Effects: Severe Drowsiness ("Drunk Feeling") - 24hrs Severe Nausea - 24hrs Vivid Dreams - 2 weeks (Mostly clowns and snakes) Sleepiness - 2 weeks ... I still only take Atripla at night, but it no longer makes me as sleepy as it did when I first started taking it I do not yet know how my numbers have improved. I'll report back in a few weeks with those."

Just A Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2014

For HIV Infection "Been Positive since 1999 & Been taking Atripla since 2011 after changing from my first combination. Atripla has always made me undetectable viral load and CD4 has always been up in the 850 & 900 range, side effects only last less than a month for me, its such a wonder medicine. I am blessed."

Greggles (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2014

For HIV Infection "Been positive since 2008 and within 3 months of Atripla was undetectable and been that way ever since thank God, its been a long road but grateful to be alive. The medication is best taken at night and not during the day for it has a very dizzy and weakening spell to it."

storm to go April 17, 2014

For HIV Infection "I was sick 7 years ago, immediately after being infected, so there was very little time to do damage to my body without being on medication. I started on Atripla, and was undetectable within 30 days and CD4 went from 350 to 900. I still have weird dreams, but otherwise my health has never been better. I take a strict daily vitamin regimen in addition to my Atripla. I only have to see the doctor twice a year now. I am so fortunate. This medication is amazing."

CJRon (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 24, 2013

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with full blown AIDS in June of 2013. My CD4 was 93 with a viral load over 10 million. I immediately started Atripla and 2 months later was undetectable. The only side effects I had were the weird dreams, And I still have them, but they can be rather enjoyable. I just call it, "a triple theater.""

CheyenneWi December 23, 2013

For HIV Infection "I have been taking Atripla for little over a month. Like most of the comments on here, my numbers after 10 years of being HIV were starting to change. Within 30 days I was back to an undetectable status. I have had little to no side effects, other than the weird dreams from time to time. I consider myself quite fortunate that my body is tolerating the medicine well and I hope it continues to do so."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2013

For HIV Infection "The medication so good. The side effect only last on the first month and then gone."

Nick1991 November 1, 2013