User Reviews for Atripla

Learn more about Atripla.

HIV Infection 65 reviews 66 medications

Summary of Atripla reviews 65 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Atripla

Review by lost_found1982 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For HIV Infection: Was diagnosed in Feb 2008 and started Atripla the beginning of 2009. Experienced fatigue and lightheaded the first week but has been undetectable every since. Great medicine, doctors want to take me off because of their own personal issues and experiences but I refuse.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2014 12:29 AM

Review by Young boy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: I was diagnosed with HIV early this year and I was 19. As an individual you freak out. I started Atripla and the only symptom I have is very vivid dreams my doctor told me my status is great. And I had blood work done recently and they are amazing.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 4:10 AM

Review by PUPITU (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: Infected mid-Nov 2013, primary infecwtion symptoms at beginning of Dec (fatigue, chills followed by heat and sweating, third week of December swollen lymph nodes, mucous discharge in throat), diagnosed January 8, 2014 (panic, denial (must have been a false positive.)), west blot confirmed January 10, 2014. Tests Jan 14, 2014: CD4 372, viral load 320,000, CD4/8 0.5 Follow-up on Feb 10, 2014: CD4 450, viral load 250,000 CD4/8 0.6. Atripla started March 4, 2014. First day dizzy, body itch (not bad), itch in my balls (unbearable all night). After day 1, all bad effects gone. Two weeks later skin rash on the neck and chest, not itchy; cleared in 3 days. After 1 month: viral load 1110, cd4 1030, cd4/8 0.7 After 3 mo: viral load 127, CD4: 870, CD4/8: 1.0 6 month test in 3 wks.

August 11, 2014 7:28 PM

Review by Just A Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: I have been using Atripla now for about three months. I haven't gotten my second blood test. However, when I began taking Atripla my CD4 was 386 and my viral load was 85K. I was experiencing acute respiratory problems. As soon as I began taking Atripla within several weeks my lymphnodes began to shrink and the respiratory issue (persistent cough) went away. Side Effects: Severe Drowsiness ("Drunk Feeling") - 24hrs Severe Nausea - 24hrs Vivid Dreams - 2 weeks (Mostly clowns and snakes) Sleepiness - 2 weeks ... I still only take Atripla at night, but it no longer makes me as sleepy as it did when I first started taking it I do not yet know how my numbers have improved. I'll report back in a few weeks with those.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 10:27 PM

Review by Greggles (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For HIV Infection: Been Positive since 1999 & Been taking Atripla since 2011 after changing from my first combination. Atripla has always made me undetectable viral load and CD4 has always been up in the 850 & 900 range, side effects only last less than a month for me, its such a wonder medicine. I am blessed.

June 23, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by storm to go:

For HIV Infection: Been positive since 2008 and within 3 months of Atripla was undetectable and been that way ever since thank God, its been a long road but grateful to be alive. The medication is best taken at night and not during the day for it has a very dizzy and weakening spell to it.

April 17, 2014 3:05 AM

Review by CJRon (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For HIV Infection: I was sick 7 years ago, immediately after being infected, so there was very little time to do damage to my body without being on medication. I started on Atripla, and was undetectable within 30 days and CD4 went from 350 to 900. I still have weird dreams, but otherwise my health has never been better. I take a strict daily vitamin regimen in addition to my Atripla. I only have to see the doctor twice a year now. I am so fortunate. This medication is amazing.

December 24, 2013 11:44 PM

Review by CheyenneWi:

For HIV Infection: I was diagnosed with full blown AIDS in June of 2013. My CD4 was 93 with a viral load over 10 million. I immediately started Atripla and 2 months later was undetectable. The only side effects I had were the weird dreams, And I still have them, but they can be rather enjoyable. I just call it, "a triple theater."

December 23, 2013 12:46 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: I have been taking Atripla for little over a month. Like most of the comments on here, my numbers after 10 years of being HIV were starting to change. Within 30 days I was back to an undetectable status. I have had little to no side effects, other than the weird dreams from time to time. I consider myself quite fortunate that my body is tolerating the medicine well and I hope it continues to do so.

December 11, 2013 11:16 PM

Review by Nick1991:

For HIV Infection: The medication so good. The side effect only last on the first month and then gone.

November 1, 2013 6:54 PM

Review by GCJ7817:

For HIV Infection: I was diagnosed in 2001. It wasn't until August 2006 that HIV took its toll and I plummeted to full blown AIDS, literally overnight from feeling great and then waking up the next morning out of nowhere with my first ever thrush. It later progressed to esophageal thrush, liver decline from a very high viral load, and shingles. With a viral load of 1.5 million and low CD4's, I was gravely ill and had to take a 6 month leave of absence from work to go through weekly physicals. I was given Atripla. Within 3 weeks infections were gone, Viral Load undetectable, and 7 years later I'm in perfect health. Side effects only lasted the first few days (drowsiness). Vivid dreams lasted 5 years, but are gone. Two blips in 7 years, and perfect adherence.

September 22, 2013 3:03 AM

Review by whitepinemax:

For HIV Infection: HIV viral load of 138,000 in June 2013, undetectable in September 2013.

September 6, 2013 2:39 PM

For HIV Infection: Did a great job lowering viral load (18,000 to <20 in 2 months) and my CD4 has increased from 280 to 987 in the year I've been taking it. That being said I do suffer some side effects. Insomnia and hyper-realistic dreams/nightmares. I also get dizziness, sometimes severe, about two hours after taking it. The dizziness has been largely solved by ensuring I don't eat two hours prior to my dose. Then I eat right as I take my pill. Otherwise the medicine gives me terrible heartburn. Now that I am stabilized I am going to discuss switching to Complera to escape the side effects.

August 3, 2013 8:46 AM

Review by JayCee83:

For HIV Infection: I was diagnosed in April 2013 after getting really sick with fungal meningitis. My CD4 was 41 and the viral load was 260.000. After one month, the CD4 went to 71 (which wasn't supposed to increase as much), and the viral load was undetectable. Many people recommend to take the pill with an empty stomach, but I haven't done this, and it hasn't been a problem. I never had crazy dreams, though the first weeks were kind of hard because I used to get nauseous. Now it's all good. This pill rocks!

July 29, 2013 11:00 PM

Review by 9JR (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For HIV Infection: Diagnosed 4 years ago with a CD4 count of 70. 49 months of Atripla and have been undetectable since soon after starting....and my CD4 is now 500. As others have said, this pill is literally a lifesaver.

July 11, 2013 12:53 AM

Review by poz and healthy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For HIV Infection: I had tested Hiv almost three years ago, and been on Atripla for about two. This is miraculous and easy to take. One pill at bedtime, which all is needed to control the virus. My T cells counts went from 500 to 850 to 1000. My Viral Load went undetectable in weeks and I do not have bad experience or any issues with this medicine after two years. The first week on Atripla caused me some side effects like rashes that were controlled by Benadryl, vivid dreams, and upset stomach. But nothing serious. These symptoms disappeared in week or two and I feel healthy, strong, working out, bench pressing, taking classes, and life goes on. It is a lifesaver; without it, I would not be here sharing my experience.

June 17, 2013 12:37 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: In Dec 2012, I was diagnosed with HIV. After another 2 weeks of testing, I was found to have a Viral Load (VL) of 10,000 and CD4 of 700. I was very sad, but thankful I found this early. By the time my Dr. referred me to a specialist, 1 month had passed. In Jan 2013, my VL was 27,000 and CD4 was 680. I wanted to go on antiretrovirals as soon as possible. On Jan 15th, 2012, after 2 weeks of waiting for more test results, I started taking Atripla. On Jan 18th, I had my VL and CD4 rechecked. My VL was undetectable, and my CD4 was still at 680. Literally, in 54 hours, my VL had went to undetectable. Its now June 2013, and my VL is still undetectable, however, my CD4 count has not increased (670). The first few days are rough, but its been smooth sailing since.

June 9, 2013 10:44 PM

Review by Zoulou:

For HIV Infection: Diagnosed 2008 CD4: 4, viral load 50k, pneumonia, TB (liver): hospitalised for two weeks and slowly recovered. Brilliant, calm, methodical physician saved my life. Bloods dropped within 2 weeks to undetectable, CD 4 permanently hovering under 200. Permanent prophylaxis Purbac DS. But in 5 years not even a cold, no diarrhoea, no more headaches. The greatest, most wonderful gift of life after the most terrible, frightening decline into the bleak realization I was full blown. I am stronger now in my mid-50's than I have been for the last 15 years. No side effects. My dreams were always kind of crazy. Now they just seem better scripted. GET TESTED EARLY. GET THE REST OF YOUR LIFE BACK.

April 29, 2013 3:24 PM

Review by Jo Knows (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For HIV Infection: I took Atripla for two years. Major bad side effects. Depression, insomnia, cholesterol issues, and pain. I recommend Complera. I just switched to Complera and I can sleep again.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2013 3:45 PM

Review by CHItoNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: I was diagnosed with HIV in December of 2012 with a CD4 count of 220 and Viral Load of 332,000. I almost died in September due to PCP and was bed ridden for a month. After three months of treatment with Atripla, my CD4 is almost 500 and Viral Load of 2,000. I'm almost undetectable! I changed my whole life around due to this virus and I never have felt so grateful to be living. I'm at the gym 3-5 times a week, eating healthy meals, cut out excessive binge drinking and smoking, and plan on going back to school to finish off what I want to do. The first month of treatment will be the hardest, but after that, it's smooth sailing. Also, check out Atripla Co-Pay assistance, they will pay around $400.00 to help you afford this medication.

April 4, 2013 12:30 PM

Review by Flower1234:

For HIV Infection: I have been living with HIV for the last 13 years and currently been on Atripla for the last 18 days. I must say that it gave me very restless nights, insomnia. But the bright side is that it works perfectly if taken last in the night when about to go to bed. My question is, does this medicine also deposits fat from the hips to the waist? It's been working well as its one tablet a day. I thank God for giving me a second chance and praying that I will live to see the next 20 years.

January 24, 2013 10:53 AM

Review by when there is well there is way:

For HIV Infection: On Atripla for more than a year and I'm just loving it. Last week I had my blood test done and its undetectable, and my CD4 is 1350 although I had flu 2 weeks ago and I thought it will drop down. Thank you Atripla.

January 5, 2013 11:22 PM

Review by gsajr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: Started Atripla 4/12. VL >300,000 CD4=54. CBC, Optical, Pulmonary, & Endocrine systems in very bad shape. Shingles x 2 & MRSA over a 7 year period of time. Exhausted, sore all over, falling asleep at work & while driving. Chronic Sinusitis & Tonsillitis. I was 'Wasting'. Severely depressed. On and on. IDC Specialist said that I was 'End Stage', and that there was a good chance that I could die soon without a miraculous recovery. After 3 weeks on Atripla & Septra VL <100 CD4=124. All internal systems normalized. I started getting my energy back and gained weight. I have resumed a normal life. It turns out that I did get my miracle and a second chance at living. Thanks to God, an incredibly supportive medical staff, and Atripla. Hope.

January 1, 2013 1:01 PM

Review by Marklewood (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For HIV Infection: Thank goodness for pharmaceutical patient assistance, or I could not afford this life saving medication.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2012 5:23 PM

Review by Tas Boy (taken for less than 1 month):

For HIV Infection: I have been taking Atrilpa for just on a week now. The first day was the worst and did not move much off the couch. Since then I have been symptom free except for the odd light headed feeling or sick feeling in the stomach which a cup of Black tea resolves. I normally take my dose about 2130 before bed and sleep. I am yet to experiment with a night out on this medicine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate