User Reviews for Atripla

Learn more about Atripla.

Atripla Review Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 61 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Atripla to treat HIV Infection

"I was diagnotised with hiv in 2015, may. Doctors say I got it for few years ago, my cd4:180,viral load:37000. I started immediately with atripla. Major side effect from the first days like very dizzy, couldnt' concentrate at all, chest pressure, breath problems, stomach pain, heart beating (too fast). So I decided to see the doctor and change for something else. I got only 2 days but I can't take more. So I'm unlucky with this:/"

Cristian123 May 29, 2015

"I was diagnosed last April 2014 I believe I was infected June 2013 that was the only time I experienced a really bad cold with night sweats, high temperture, chills. I thought it was just a cold. I was together with my partner for 10 years and he never disclosed that he knew. I kept on seeing billboards regarding HIV and it felt as if they were in every corner. I got tested and it came out positive in April 2014 I was freaked out. Cd4 at 450, I decided to take atripla yesterday 4/7/15 because I felt I needed for my own health I was freaked out and still am. No side affects other than drowsy at night and a bit of insomnia. Let's see how this works for my body. I pray I look normal. "

Gods chosen child April 8, 2015

"3 months of being on Atripla,my HIV test came out -,been on it for over a year.I take it in the mornings,as I had no after effects from the beginning.It is majestic!"

Fruilatte March 5, 2015

"i reported first in august 2014. my 6 mo labs on sept 6, 2014: CD4: 1050, VL: undetectable (<20), CD4/CD8: 0.8 but: high creatinine, somewhat elevated ALT, AST, high 3glycerides. my 10 month labs on jan 13 2015: CD4: 1080, VL: 116 (blip...), CD4/CD8: 1.2, kidneys back to normal, but: even higher ASL, ALT than last time, high 3glycerides. 12 mo labs on march 4, 2015 overall clinical situation: liver seems to be suffering (efavirenz), i get crabby and angry more easily than before, i seem disinterested in things i used to be interested before. so -- cant wait to change. doc talking about abacavir/lamivudine/nevirapine (kivexa + viramune). i asked if i can have triumeq but he doesn't like dolutegravir's unkown longterm side effects"

PUPITU (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2015

"My started Atripila in September of 2013. I had horrible side effects for a year. And I am still fighting issues wih my counts. When my viral load goes down so does my CD4 counts. My viral load will not stay down. It varied between 30 and 60 while my CD4 counts has never been over 200."

Kansas30 February 6, 2015

"Re: lost_found1982 Stick to your guns - You know your body better than everyone else! Less than 2 years ago I was in hospital with a very serious illness which needed to be attended to first before I was able to start Atripla. The period between Christmas & New Year 2012 included a positive result to a HIV test (as a Christmas present) and a CD4 count of 13 as the surprise in the box - Seriously! It would not be until late March last year when I took my first tablet and have never looked back & currently have a count of 484. I took charge of my body in conjunction with 2 GP's, a specialist and a clinical Psychologist to get me through many hurdles, heartbreaks & trusted friends. I'm back at working outdoors & enjoying the gift!"

CoolDude (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2014

"Was diagnosed in Feb 2008 and started Atripla the beginning of 2009. Experienced fatigue and lightheaded the first week but has been undetectable every since. Great medicine, doctors want to take me off because of their own personal issues and experiences but I refuse. "

lost_found1982 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 16, 2014

"I had full blown AIDS in 2004 with a count of 93 and viral load was enormous. I heard you can build a tolerance to Atripla in 3 or 4 years but I haven't. I've taken it for a decade now. No side effects at all. My count is at a steady 800 and I'm always undetectable. I never had any effects. When I first took it I felt a bit high. But I just took it before I went to bed. Now I can't even tell if I've taken it or not. This is a guess and simply a personal observation of myself but I think it may cause a heightened sensitivity to wheat. I gained weight, cholesterol went up, triglycerides Sky rocketed about 5 years into it. I just stopped soy, wheat and dairy for three months and everything went back to normal. I have no clue if the medicine is it."

MountainSon (taken for 10 years or more) November 15, 2014

"I was diagnosed with HIV early this year and I was 19. As an individual you freak out. I started Atripla and the only symptom I have is very vivid dreams my doctor told me my status is great. And I had blood work done recently and they are amazing."

Young boy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2014

"Infected mid-Nov 2013, primary infecwtion symptoms at beginning of Dec (fatigue, chills followed by heat and sweating, third week of December swollen lymph nodes, mucous discharge in throat), diagnosed January 8, 2014 (panic, denial (must have been a false positive.)), west blot confirmed January 10, 2014. Tests Jan 14, 2014: CD4 372, viral load 320,000, CD4/8 0.5 Follow-up on Feb 10, 2014: CD4 450, viral load 250,000 CD4/8 0.6. Atripla started March 4, 2014. First day dizzy, body itch (not bad), itch in my balls (unbearable all night). After day 1, all bad effects gone. Two weeks later skin rash on the neck and chest, not itchy; cleared in 3 days. After 1 month: viral load 1110, cd4 1030, cd4/8 0.7 After 3 mo: viral load 127, CD4: 870, CD4/8: 1.0 6 month test in 3 wks."

PUPITU (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2014

"I have been using Atripla now for about three months. I haven't gotten my second blood test. However, when I began taking Atripla my CD4 was 386 and my viral load was 85K. I was experiencing acute respiratory problems. As soon as I began taking Atripla within several weeks my lymphnodes began to shrink and the respiratory issue (persistent cough) went away. Side Effects: Severe Drowsiness ("Drunk Feeling") - 24hrs Severe Nausea - 24hrs Vivid Dreams - 2 weeks (Mostly clowns and snakes) Sleepiness - 2 weeks ... I still only take Atripla at night, but it no longer makes me as sleepy as it did when I first started taking it I do not yet know how my numbers have improved. I'll report back in a few weeks with those."

Just A Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2014

"Been Positive since 1999 & Been taking Atripla since 2011 after changing from my first combination. Atripla has always made me undetectable viral load and CD4 has always been up in the 850 & 900 range, side effects only last less than a month for me, its such a wonder medicine. I am blessed."

Greggles (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2014

"Been positive since 2008 and within 3 months of Atripla was undetectable and been that way ever since thank God, its been a long road but grateful to be alive. The medication is best taken at night and not during the day for it has a very dizzy and weakening spell to it."

storm to go April 17, 2014

"I was sick 7 years ago, immediately after being infected, so there was very little time to do damage to my body without being on medication. I started on Atripla, and was undetectable within 30 days and CD4 went from 350 to 900. I still have weird dreams, but otherwise my health has never been better. I take a strict daily vitamin regimen in addition to my Atripla. I only have to see the doctor twice a year now. I am so fortunate. This medication is amazing."

CJRon (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 24, 2013

"I was diagnosed with full blown AIDS in June of 2013. My CD4 was 93 with a viral load over 10 million. I immediately started Atripla and 2 months later was undetectable. The only side effects I had were the weird dreams, And I still have them, but they can be rather enjoyable. I just call it, "a triple theater.""

CheyenneWi December 23, 2013

"I have been taking Atripla for little over a month. Like most of the comments on here, my numbers after 10 years of being HIV were starting to change. Within 30 days I was back to an undetectable status. I have had little to no side effects, other than the weird dreams from time to time. I consider myself quite fortunate that my body is tolerating the medicine well and I hope it continues to do so."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2013

"The medication so good. The side effect only last on the first month and then gone."

Nick1991 November 1, 2013

"I was diagnosed in 2001. It wasn't until August 2006 that HIV took its toll and I plummeted to full blown AIDS, literally overnight from feeling great and then waking up the next morning out of nowhere with my first ever thrush. It later progressed to esophageal thrush, liver decline from a very high viral load, and shingles. With a viral load of 1.5 million and low CD4's, I was gravely ill and had to take a 6 month leave of absence from work to go through weekly physicals. I was given Atripla. Within 3 weeks infections were gone, Viral Load undetectable, and 7 years later I'm in perfect health. Side effects only lasted the first few days (drowsiness). Vivid dreams lasted 5 years, but are gone. Two blips in 7 years, and perfect adherence."

GCJ7817 September 22, 2013

"HIV viral load of 138,000 in June 2013, undetectable in September 2013."

whitepinemax September 6, 2013

"Did a great job lowering viral load (18,000 to <20 in 2 months) and my CD4 has increased from 280 to 987 in the year I've been taking it. That being said I do suffer some side effects. Insomnia and hyper-realistic dreams/nightmares. I also get dizziness, sometimes severe, about two hours after taking it. The dizziness has been largely solved by ensuring I don't eat two hours prior to my dose. Then I eat right as I take my pill. Otherwise the medicine gives me terrible heartburn. Now that I am stabilized I am going to discuss switching to Complera to escape the side effects."

Anonymous August 3, 2013

"I was diagnosed in April 2013 after getting really sick with fungal meningitis. My CD4 was 41 and the viral load was 260.000. After one month, the CD4 went to 71 (which wasn't supposed to increase as much), and the viral load was undetectable. Many people recommend to take the pill with an empty stomach, but I haven't done this, and it hasn't been a problem. I never had crazy dreams, though the first weeks were kind of hard because I used to get nauseous. Now it's all good. This pill rocks!"

JayCee83 July 29, 2013

"Diagnosed 4 years ago with a CD4 count of 70. 49 months of Atripla and have been undetectable since soon after starting....and my CD4 is now 500. As others have said, this pill is literally a lifesaver."

9JR (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2013

"I had tested Hiv almost three years ago, and been on Atripla for about two. This is miraculous and easy to take. One pill at bedtime, which all is needed to control the virus. My T cells counts went from 500 to 850 to 1000. My Viral Load went undetectable in weeks and I do not have bad experience or any issues with this medicine after two years. The first week on Atripla caused me some side effects like rashes that were controlled by Benadryl, vivid dreams, and upset stomach. But nothing serious. These symptoms disappeared in week or two and I feel healthy, strong, working out, bench pressing, taking classes, and life goes on. It is a lifesaver; without it, I would not be here sharing my experience."

poz and healthy (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 17, 2013

"In Dec 2012, I was diagnosed with HIV. After another 2 weeks of testing, I was found to have a Viral Load (VL) of 10,000 and CD4 of 700. I was very sad, but thankful I found this early. By the time my Dr. referred me to a specialist, 1 month had passed. In Jan 2013, my VL was 27,000 and CD4 was 680. I wanted to go on antiretrovirals as soon as possible. On Jan 15th, 2012, after 2 weeks of waiting for more test results, I started taking Atripla. On Jan 18th, I had my VL and CD4 rechecked. My VL was undetectable, and my CD4 was still at 680. Literally, in 54 hours, my VL had went to undetectable. Its now June 2013, and my VL is still undetectable, however, my CD4 count has not increased (670). The first few days are rough, but its been smooth sailing since."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2013

"Diagnosed 2008 CD4: 4, viral load 50k, pneumonia, TB (liver): hospitalised for two weeks and slowly recovered. Brilliant, calm, methodical physician saved my life. Bloods dropped within 2 weeks to undetectable, CD 4 permanently hovering under 200. Permanent prophylaxis Purbac DS. But in 5 years not even a cold, no diarrhoea, no more headaches. The greatest, most wonderful gift of life after the most terrible, frightening decline into the bleak realization I was full blown. I am stronger now in my mid-50's than I have been for the last 15 years. No side effects. My dreams were always kind of crazy. Now they just seem better scripted. GET TESTED EARLY. GET THE REST OF YOUR LIFE BACK."

Zoulou April 29, 2013