User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 7)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 133 reviews 63 medications

Chronic Pain 61 reviews 111 medications

5.8
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 874 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been depressed and have anxiety for years since i was 6. im 55 now. No one new anything back then why I was a nut case out of control thoughts actions major moods swings and instant anger. no remorse no empathy nothing just hate and pure panic. I have tried all kinds of different meds for the last 15 years and some were OK but nothing like these. My god I do 60mg twice a day. no side effects, no anger, no mood swings, no depression or anything, its all gone everything. you have no idea the great feeling it is to think normal act normal be polite and thoughtful, caring understanding, just incredible difference. I was taken off them for 5 weeks to try something else to see if it was me or the meds. back to the old me instantly. lifer.."

Just_Happy_Now July 17, 2015

For Chronic Pain "First placed on medication for severe arthritis of one hip. Helped with pain at the lower dose however eventually I needed an increased dose. The increased dose increased my nausea, weird dreams, itchy skin and twitching. My blood pressure also increased. I began to stumble and fall while walking slowly. My nerves seemed to cause me to tremble internally. Currently I am tired all the time however I can not stay asleep at night. Last year I tried to get off the medication however I had severe withdrawal. I had trouble standing up, I was so dizzy and my stomach was upset. I will soon be getting a hip replacement since the side effects decrease your quality of life. I am withdrawing from this medication prior to surgery."

MtRose July 16, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I have only been on this med for two days, but OMG what a difference! I have been in pain mgmt for 25 years for interstitial cystitis and during this time I went from being an energetic, happy person to nothing more than a shell. As the pain and pain med amounts increased, the quality of my so called life decreased to the point that for the last year I do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but sit on the couch and read. No cooking, no cleaning, no going out, nothing! But after only 2 days, I'm starting to feel like my old self again! Much more energy and have even taken less pain Meds! I haven't had any side effects. Can't wait to see how this goes! Sooooo grateful!"

Monismystique July 16, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Cymbalta for 6 years. I am 51 and have a family history of depression and only recently have I accepted that I may have it very long term. For those in Australia I recommend the generic version called Coperin (I get it from Priceline) which reduces the 'brain fog' of Cymbalta. I have been very happy on Cymbalta (Coperin), it changed my life. I hate that I rely on a tablet to enjoy life, but it is a small price to pay. My GP occasionally suggests I try a new drug but I always refuse. I have much improved relationships with people and it is great to have lost the anxiety which has completely disappeared. I have been on 30mg for 4 years, but am increasing to 60mg for a few weeks as I seem to be going through a bout of anxiety."

familyhistory (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 28, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I took Cymbalta for 9 month during that time was also taking Oxycontin and Vicadine. I still had pain and the Cambalta raised my cholesterol 50 points, it also raised my blood pressure the Doctor didn't seemed to be concerned with symptoms. which concern me due to the fact that I had heart disease about 10 years prior to taking Cymbalta ahead 3 stents inserted into my arteries of my heart. I had heart disease at a young age of age 37. The two doctors I was seen at the time didn't believe that cymbalta was raising my cholesterol. I had to do my own research on the internet to find evidence that Cymbalta does raise cholesterol. The manufacturer of Cymbalta indicated that the raising cholesterol was a rare side effect."

Higher cholesterol and Increased Blood pressure (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 24, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have struggled for years with pain from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. I could not have normal relationships with family or friends and became a recluse. The constant pain caused me to be deeply depressed and I often planned my suicide. I wrote a will because I knew I could not live this life anymore. I tried many antidepressants and took Dilaudid by the handfuls. I start taking Cymbalta 13 days ago. I no longer take dilaudid. I am planning on giving up gabapentin. My mood had gone a complete turn around. I am able to function. I am walking again, swimming. I am laughing and for the first time in 15 years I feel Hope!"

Lejsullivan (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2015

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have been on cymbalta for a week now, 30mg 2xs a day, I have no side effects at all! From the first dose, I noticed a huge difference, it calmed me right down! Before this med, I was mad at everything, almost in a constant panic mode, not sleeping, and in a lot of pain. I have low back nerve pinching, and bulging, with degenerative disks, and fibromyalgia. I can't say enough good about this medicine, it has really changed my quality of life, my outlook. I feel like I did 20 years ago, before my anxiety took over my mind. My blood pressure is also back to normal. Being stressed at every little thing made mine go up. I love this medication, I wish I had gotten it a lot sooner, better late than never!!"

Danidondon June 17, 2015

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Worked for 5 yrs with steadily increasing doses. At 120 mg things started to turn and depression worsened. It took over 2 months to come off it, with terrible side effect including migraines."

tuxedobird (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2015

For Depression "My experience on Cymbalta has been rather a positive one. As mentioned by others, in the first 2 weeks it does have side effects, I felt tired and was a little nauseous. I was put on Cymbalta as the entire country that I live in ran out of my previous medicine. I have suffered from anxiety, OCD and depression on and off for a few years. Since the Cymbalta has 'kicked in'', I have hardly any anxiety and no depression. I think clearly and rationally and not as emotionally as I always used to. I still do not have an appetite and I have been on this for over a month now and when I sleep, I sleep soundly and am able to fall into a deep sleep as well. I highly recommend Cymbalta and am very happy with the positive effects it has had on me."

Ginip June 13, 2015

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I take Cymbalta for Generalised Anxiety Disorder and depression, something I've had on and off for 6 years (I am now 24). A lot of people are quick to write this drug off, and I admit the initial side effects can be tough like nausea and feeling so tired, but after taking 30mg for three weeks and increasing to 60, with the increase I noticed a quick change, my anxiety decreased rapidly, and instead of tiredness I began to experience an almost high feeling which sometimes makes me hyperactive, but surely that's better than anxiety and depression. I would recommend taking it, but give it a few weeks and take the proper 60ng dose before you judge it; it's really helped me, it's got me out of s really bad place."

Nicknamealreadyinuse (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2015

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I went on this medication two separate times for depression and anxiety. Both times it helped a little, but still the least effective compared to other things I have tried. When I tried to increase my dose I had a 3-day long migraine. I ave to give this medication low ratings for the bad side effects and the withdrawal symptoms I am experiencing from coming off of the drug currently. I have had migraines for 6 days in a row now even though I am weaning off of the drug. I have digestion issues, am exhausted and breathless, and I am having night sweats. I hope this ends soon."

Jenlashesy June 2, 2015

For Depression "I was on Cymbalta for 2 months to treat depression and migraines after a car accident. It gave me violent dreams, a swollen tongue and suicidal daily thoughts. It helped with brain fog and pain but the symptoms were not worth it."

Sarah0210 June 2, 2015

For Anxiety "Started on Cymbalta for anxiety & depression fall 2014. It was the first anti-depressant that I'd ever tried (aside from St. John's Wort). Side effects during the first week of taking it were SO terrible that I had to stop. I was constantly dizzy. I couldn't focus on anything. It made my body so tense, I'd catch myself clenching my teeth and fists. Insomnia was terrible; I'd wake up ~5x per night. I work in healthcare and I felt like I couldn't do my job with all of these side effects, so I stopped. The side effects were really worse than my anxiety and depression. I have no doubt that they would have eventually decreased, but I couldn't wait for that to happen. Obviously, the side effects will be different for everybody but that's my story"

AliceBB (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Having nauseous feelings, dizziness, clouded distorted head as if hung over, every day at noon time and lasting rest of day! Just started taking 30mg at night along with Wellbutrin and trazadone that I have taken for a couple years now. Not a good feeling. Going to call Dr to see what I should do."

booboobaby0000 May 27, 2015

For Depression "After the first 3 days of taking it it worked for a week. I went from a very nasty snappy man to calm and commutative. That last for about 2 wks. Now my partner says im back to being nasty and rude. Careless and snappy. Im tired all the time. Its not helping! I started at 30mg they put me up to 60mg now im back to 30mg"

Keit79 May 27, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Been on Cymbalta now for approximately 1 year. My moods are stable, less pain, generally feel better. However, one side effect is unacceptable. On this medication, I feel like I am no longer male. Less desire, followed by greatly reduced sensitivity, as well as inability to maintain an erection longer than a minute make married life most difficult. I tried to come off the drug. It is extremely difficult. Dizziness, light sensitivity, horrible headaches, and extreme irritability."

M76 May 26, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Instead of helping my headaches, cymbalta made them worse. With each dose increase, the severity of the pain increased, and so did my weight. In the year that I was on cymbalta, I gained sixty pounds. When I passed my pregnancy weight at nine months, I had finally had enough and took myself off. Never again!"

addy1234 May 24, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "I was put on cymbalta to combat the mood and pain problems associated with fibromyalgia. It dilated my eyes, which led to light sensitivity and headaches. I also grew steadily more and more exhausted and confused and foggy. I was depressed. The doctors insisted that the side effects would abate after about six weeks, but they were so debilitating I had to seek out disability accommodations at school and drop one of my classes. After about a month I woke up one morning feeling very strange, and a few hours later had a seizure and sprained my jaw and have had jaw pain ever since. At the emergency room, they told me that the cymbalta was the likely culprit. Essentially, this drug made my life unbearable."

Faenum (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Don't take this drug. Just don't. My Dr told me nothing about the side effects or how potent it really is. I took it for a week and I felt like I was cracked out the whole time. Total depersonalization suicidal thoughts weird head pains, chest pains, vomiting and completely drained of energy. After only taking this for a week the withdrawals were horrendous and I was only on 30mg. Brain zaps, palpitations, chills, insomnia, sweating, diarrhea and the list goes on. Worst two weeks of my life. I can't imagine what coming off this drug feels like when you have taken it long term. Do not take this drug "

Madibbbbb bb May 22, 2015

For Depression "Awful drug, didn't really do much for depression or pain, just made me numb. And good luck getting off of it, 9 weeks later and I'm still having withdrawal symptoms."

Ellen G. May 21, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Cymbalta for the last 2 weeks. The side effects have been difficult, stomach pain, the first few nights I couldn't sleep and thoughts raced through my mind, I was also having severe suicidal thoughts and I was still waking up from the pain and tingling sensation in my arms and shoulders. this is week three and I find that my mood has improved, but I'm sweating a lot. the fibro pain is present and I'm tired a lot. I tried taking it at night but find my chest hurting the next day so I switched to mornings on a full stomach and that's improved the stomach pain. I have restless leg and if I'm late on taking my next dose I'm jittery. I don't really know if its working for my pain, but my mood is much better, I'm not suicidal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have been taking Cymbalta for over 3 weeks now. I have to say it has helped with my depression. I have been suffering with depression for 2 years now and decided to get help. I am starting to feel like myself again except for some minor side effects. Constipation, nausea and headaches. Hopefully these side effects will disappear in time."

Finally happy May 9, 2015

For Anxiety "This medications helped with my arthritis a little but did nothing for anxiety"

ihatesupercenters May 8, 2015

For Depression "Didn't work too bad, it takes some depressing feelings but also takes the good ones..... plus heat flashes/sweating were unbearable !"

Who cares? May 7, 2015

For Chronic Pain "While this med is fairly effective in the treatment of chronic pain, unless you plan to stay on it for the rest of your life you should not even consider taking it. Discontinuation of this medication has to be done under the supervision of a physician and the withdrawal is horrific, leaving one unable to function in a normal capacity for weeks, or even months. Most doctors don't mention this. Some aren't even aware of it. I urge you to be cautious in your decision to take Cymbalta. Google "Cymbalta withdrawal" first!"

AGnn (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2015