User Reviews for Cymbalta

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 40 reviews 7 medications

Chronic Pain 48 reviews 106 medications

6.1
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 750 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Depression "I had mild anxiety and intermittent depression. I always pushed through and never thought of medicines. My girlfriend suggested I speak to a psych and I started Cymbalta. In 10 days I had no more intrusive thoughts talking me down, making me stressed, guilty. After 9 weeks, I'm a new man. Small things don't worry me, I am patient and calm driving, I don't wake up for toilet then stay awake worrying, my relationship is closer, I'm nicer to be with. Cons? My libido decreased and climax is harder to achieve (but more intense). The medicine felt strange (out-of-body) at first but I got used to that. I drink more water, I yawn in the afternoons, I grind my jaw a bit, get breathless, mild headaches some days. But my life is much better with this medicine."

Much better now April 30, 2014

230 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Caused suicidal ideation"

Sill (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2014

For Anxiety "This medication was a life saver for me as it helped me to overcome anxiety at work and allowed me to regain my focus. This also helped a lot with my irritable bowel syndrome issues! Only downfall was the first few weeks where I lost a lot of weight due to having no desire to eat and I had to switch to taking it at night because when I took it in the morning it made me dizzy and tired all day. I am taking 30mg once a day and have been on this for about 8 months. Hang in there if you just started the medication because it takes about a month to really kick in."

Office Executive (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2014

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Changed my pain to tolerable from my fibromyalgia in Illinois. I say try it. Figure out what triangle of medicines works best for you and never let anyone say it's all in your head."

me2014 April 18, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Cymbalta, 60mg's for several months now. I am more relaxed and my depression is not as bad, however, I do still have down moments. I too have noticed that I have the dry mouth, yawning, not sleeping sound every night have experienced upper, underneath my ribs on my right side pain. My joints hurt in my knees. "

QueenbeeG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Wow. Cymbalta changed my LIFE! Prozac made me a zombie, as did Paxil, Xanax & Klonopin. I have depression & anxiety. Prozac seemed to have made my depression worse! But then...Cymbalta saved me. I'm so happy to be able to actually GET OUT of bed, not yell at the kids, etc. I experienced a mild euphoria at first, now, (it's been a week) I just feel happy and energetic! I really hope it keeps working!!"

Happy Happy Happy (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2014

161 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "My cymbalta experience was brutal. After a few days I felt weak and tired. So tired that I started missing work. One week in to it and I started to get these strange brain zaps that made me feel as if I was being electrocuted. Two weeks in and I would start to cry. Just out of the blue I would cry for no reason. It was the first time I had shed a tear in 10 years and it was awful. I stopped taking it and am now afraid to take anything for my panic other than Klonopin."

Soup132 April 1, 2014

For Chronic Pain "Moderate pain relief. Non-diabetic nerve pain in legs and feet..60 mg daily...caused erectile dysfunction and tiredness but worth the relief of pain. 8 yrs Now."

myman2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 29, 2014

For Chronic Pain "Works GREAT for my bipolar also! I have been looking for a medicine to do that for 25 years!"

AngiLamb (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2014

For Depression "After 2 weeks (60mg/day) I am pleased with this. I had constant dysthymia, black periods lasting a few days, breaking into tears for no reason, not coping, couldn't see a way out, hopelessness. I couldn't tell my partner everything: she needs me to be strong. She knew anyway. The medicine leveled it all out. Only 2 weeks but the depression is gone. I even felt briefly euphoric today. I am easier to be around. Calmer. Negatives: a strange dissociative feeling, sort of out-of-body, as if hearing myself talk slowly, dizziness, an itchy rash on my hand, dry mouth, general tiredness, lethargy in bed in the mornings, no erectile problems, but problem reaching orgasm. If these moderate in time, then my 7/10 score will increase."

My nickname is taken March 24, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I started this medication after I basically had a nervous breakdown in June 2013. I couldn't function as a mother, I felt scared & nervous all the time, lights were too bright, sounds were too loud. I couldn't deal with all of the things that needed to be done around the house. Started out at 30mg for 2 weeks then went up to 60mg. Made me super tired in the afternoons at first. (take around 7am). Cymbalta slowly brought me out of the 'fog' I was in, it took about 6-8 weeks before I could say I felt 'normal' again; whatever that is, right? "

Lala- age 30 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2014

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "This was great for pain relief for the two months I was taking it. The problems I had far out weighted any benefits. I was suffering from blackouts where I would do things and not remember doing them. The depression, nausea, and headaches were unbearable too. I have been off it for 2 months now and am just starting to feel better. I'll live with the on-average 8 pain."

Sierra M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2014

For Depression "Cymbalta literally saved my life. After going through 6 psychiatrists and countless other antidepressant attempts, this is the one that finally worked. I promise that if you hold on and keep fighting something will work for you and you can heal. Depression is never permanant."

Clare Anne (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2014

198 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Cymbalta was a miracle for me. I was paralyzed by anxiety and couldn't function in daily life and it made me feel better than I've ever felt in my life. I've tried tons of anxiety/depression meds; Xanax, Klonopin, Buspar, Ativan, Zoloft, Celexa, etc. and they all barely worked, just made me catatonic, or had really serious side effects (listlessness, decreased libido, etc.). Cymbalta made me feel like my true self minus anxiety, rather than a dulled version of myself. It actually increased my libido because I wasn't too depressed to have sex for the first time. I also lost weight while taking it, which wasn't desirable for me, but I know it is for some people. The only negatives I experienced were nausea and decreased appetite at first."

rglanxiety February 21, 2014

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "While the first 3 weeks were no fun at all I have since seen and felt an improvement in my anxiety and panic attacks. I am very sensitive to medication and other medicines would make me dizzy, upset my stomach and or make it impossible to stay awake. The Cymbalta only made me tired and caused me to lose weight the first three weeks. I am on my fourth month on 30's once a day. I take mine right after dinner as they tend to make me tired, but by morning I am good to go. I have since gained my weight back and I feel better than I have since my anxiety and panic attacks started 7 years ago. In 4 months I have not had any panic attacks and only feel the starting effects of anxiety and then it goes away."

Rem1100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2014

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I've been on Cmybalta for about one month. 1st week on 30mg and 2nd week on 60mg. Only side effect for the first 2 weeks was lucid dreams and insomnia. I have really bad nerve problem in the upper and lower back which causes a lot of stress to my shoulder trapezius and chest muscle. Cymbalta helps me manage the upper back, shoulder, trapezius and chest pain well enough, but nothing for the lower back. I noticed the pain reduction in the 2nd week. It's not a miracle pill but it sure helps."

Tough_it_up February 18, 2014

For Fibromyalgia "I've been on antidepressants for years and suffered from chronic pain that was finally diagnosed as fibromyalgia. I started on Cymbalta about 5 years ago because the pain was becoming more than I could deal with and my doctor had read good reviews about patients reactions with this medicine. I never had any problem with the medicine and haven't noticed any major side effects. It has really cut the pain to a manageable level and kept my spirits up."

jef3382 February 18, 2014

For Depression "I started taking Cymbalta and I noticed a difference immediately! I felt more relaxed and happy in general. I take Lamictal for Bi-Polar disorder and after finding that medicine alone not being enough, my dr prescribed Cymbalta. I've been in a pleasant mood with my family, friends and at work. Not stressing out about leaving the house or having a busy schedule and getting anxiety about it. It has also helped with my lower back pain I have been dealing with the last 3yrs. It's only been 2 weeks and the only thing I can say is, I seem to yawn a lot and have less of an appetite. If it messes with my sex drive and lowers it... I'm off it."

dani197701 February 18, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was previously on Lexapro, but it made me tired and unmotivated. I switched to Cymbalta one week ago and it's already working! I'm only on 30 mg but my doc may want me on a higher dose depending on how I feel after a couple weeks."

liberty69 (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I am a healthcare provider who specializes in Emergency Medicine. I had my 1st surgery 2 1/2 years ago lower Colon. 2nd surgery for entrapped Pudendal Nerve, and am still healing. Was started on Cympalta and Lyrica. Stopped Lyrica. Had severe mood swings, couldn't concentrate, severe depression with daily suicidal thoughts. 20 lb weight gain. I have not treated patients for over a year because of my symptoms. After stopping cold turkey against doctors advise I have a clear head, memory has improved and best of all suicidal thoughts are gone. I now feel safe enough to return to work and help save lives without fear of making a mistake or wrong decision that could harm others. The nerve pain is still there, but better than side effects."

Longboard February 8, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "The medication helps but if I take too much at once or not at the right time thing dont feel right other wise It has greatly helped my mood"

huntergirl214 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2014

For Chronic Pain "Almost 2 months on just 20 mg pain mgmt narcotics for chronic pain, many procedures little help, also CPTSD, GAD, pos. bipolar, depression. MY BACK PAIN AND SCIATIC GONE after 5 days on a low dose. Reserving judgement on the rest. Increase dose to 60 mg. I expect to get a hint in the next week. May have overactive mind/severe difficulty sleeping tho. Higher dose may help. But the pain relief - wouldn't have believed it if someone told me. So have to weigh pain vs insomnia or other side effect I might get. Good luck with this medicine! Insanely expensive and I know from girlfriends experience withdrawal can be bad."

suzisavage2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2014

For Fibromyalgia "This medication has worked wonders for me. However, I also have additional medications that work along with this in order to provide me relief. But when I have run out of this medication, I am certainly aware, it is great for my nerve pain and my Depression that accompanies my Fibromyalgia. "

vcnacona (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "One of the biggest draw backs to this medication is the cost. My insurance pays 80% and I end up paying 35/ month. I have had some improvements to my pain and sleep and while I am thankful for any gains the lack of a generic makes for a barrier. I am not seeing the improvements I would have liked for the cost. & Oh and a caution it interacts with a lot of other medications used to treat fibromyalgia so consult your pharmacist before taking. I regularly end up skirting the fine line of seratonin syndrome with the cocktail I am taking for my fibromyalgia with no depression."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2014

For Depression "Took this for seasonal depression and after a couple days my mood was a lot better. After a couple of days I actually felt what I thought was euphoria until it leveled out to normal."

SAD James January 20, 2014