User Reviews for Cymbalta

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 33 reviews 6 medications

Chronic Pain 41 reviews 105 medications

6.2
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 709 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Depression "I had been suffering with chronic pain for years. Finally, a friend pointed out to me how depressed I was most of the time. I suppose I have been suffering from some sort of depression most of my life, but just accepted the feelings as normal or just my personality in general. Finally I found a pain specialist who put me on a very effective combination of meds, including Cymbalta. Along with morphine and percocet it has worked wonders for me. I seem to be as good now as I could ever imagine. Bouts of depression are very mild and far between each other. My pain is still there but mild enough to not effect my outlook on life. The only warning I have about taking Cymbalta is to make sure you don't run out. Missing few days is a horror"

Beware of Gods (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Reduced pain within days. Drowsiness and dry mouth but subsided after a couple of weeks. Felt brand new. After just four days the diarrhoea started, this just got worse and worse, so I was feeling fantastic in my mind and body, but could not be more than a few feet away from a toilet! Stopped taking,now in pain again!"

tinatiger March 20, 2015

For Depression "Been very helpful"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2015

For Depression "Have taken this medicine for over 3 years, I was previously on Pristiq. To start with at 60mg this medication worked for me pretty well for a year or so. Once I became pregnant they reduced my dose ( just to be safe) bad idea, I had a massive panic attack and feel very hopeless. They upped my dose to 60mg again which didn't seem so help so after having my boy they increased to 120mg which worked for about 3 weeks then it was as if I was taking nothing. Figure my body has just become immune. Also bad withdrawal symptoms when you miss a dose. Very dizzy, nauseous, sleepy not a nice experience unfortunately. But please remember this is just my experience with this medication not yours it could be completely different.."

Dannab23 March 15, 2015

For Depression "My gosh...I can't say enough about this medication. I suffered through a series of traumatic events one three years ago, and felt that my dulled emotions were simply situational. Eventually, it got to the point where I couldn't maintain a clean house, missed deadlines, isolated myself from friends and others, and would pray that I wouldn't wake up some mornings. This is the first antidepressant I've tried, 30mg dose. Aside from slight appetite suppression, I've experienced no side effects. I've been on it almost a week, and I notice I awaken without that heavy depressive weight on my chest. The feelings of failure, the crying jags, and the crippling anxiety are diminishing already."

DifferentPlight (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Excellent results with Cymbalta on 30mg once each night. Burning pain reduced some 80%. Does generate dreams, but not uncomfortable dreams. This is the first medicine that helped. Side effects too great with Neurontin; felt little to no effect with Lyrica."

Potomac March 10, 2015

For Depression "Cymbalta helped me so much. I was suffered severe depression after a very rough time in my life. I began taking 30mg, which worked for a few months, but my anxiety and depression were beginning to get worse. My doctor raised me to 60mg, and at first it made me very nauseous, dizzy, and just sick for a few days, but after that, I felt like a new person. I had energy, I was happy, and once again back to myself, the girl I was before depression consumed me. I was on Cymbalta for 3 years, until I got pregnant and had to immediately quit. The withdrawals were terrible, considering you're usually weaned off of this medication. Overall, Cymbalta is a wonderful medication for depression."

Sam J March 9, 2015

For Depression "Well, ive been taking antidepressants every since i was 17 years old, im 37 today. I wont lie to you. I abuse cymbalta by skipping a few days and restarting it again. I get very grumpy on the inbetween days when i dont take it. But when i finally do, whoa mama!!! All the sudden i believe in god, and hes touching me with all his love. Cymbalta made me not fear the dentist either. I went in there and had 28 of my teeth removed. I had bad teeth from not brushing as a kid. Not doing drugs. The only drugs i do are antidepressants. So yeah. Cymbalta changed my life. Good drug. Highly recommend"

dase (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I suffer with arthritis in hands, knees, elbows, and hips. In 2013 I underwent a total left hip replacement and worked hard in rehab to become active again. However, as time progresses, my joints continue to 'talk' to me loudly. In the mornings, I look like a crone hobbling around until from moving they begin to become fluid. Ridiculous! My doctor put me on Cymbalta back in December of 2014. Wow. What a difference. I did have some struggles on learning when to take it without suffering with nausea, dizziness, etc. For me, morning time seems to be the ticket. Mid day or evening caused stomach and head issues. I am on a lower dose compared to what I have read, but I give this a A+. Within 15 minutes of taking my dose, I am fine."

Hipppie chic March 5, 2015

For Depression "I took this medicine for about 5 years in addition to Lithium for bipolar 2. It was good for depression and anxiety, but I found I was tired a lot, and if I got a bad nights sleep (which was often) my mood could drop or I could become slightly hypomanic."

bry188uk (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2015

For Chronic Pain "This works. Gained a lot of weight. Made me sleepy. I took it at night still couldn't wake up In the morning. Had mouth sores. Coming off it was miserable to say the least."

goodme56377 March 4, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Didn't help with anxiety at all but did help some with depression. Take 60mg"

Robertjc (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2015

For Depression "Confusion, grumpiness, memory loss, and lethargy."

Esther-essie February 24, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Totally killed our sex life"

w.g. February 20, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "I was in a clinical trial for fibromyalgia with Cymbalta. It helped tremendously, I was in a double blind study but could definitely tell the difference in being on a minimal dose and therapeutic dose. This was in 2008 and I have taken it since with great success in improving (not eliminating) the aches and pain. Now my doctor wants to wean me off and I don't want to be off of it."

MarshaL8424 February 20, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Relieve the pain in the joints in my wrists and hands, it was debilitating before my doctor put me on Cymbalta."

Mary Purvis (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Was on Lyrica for peripheral neuropathy and fibromyalgia. However, symptoms remained intense and quality of life was severely compromised. In comparison, within days of switching to 90mg Cymbalta daily, symptoms dramatically improved with little side effects."

Mitman February 17, 2015

For Anxiety "I had been using Cymbalta for 3 years and all was great until the generic one appeared and I took it for several weeks and started getting a metallic taste in my mouth and got cyst in my mouth and on both sides of my tongue; nothing tasted right. I had my doc write a script for use of only the original Cymbalta because I saw on another forum that this was a reaction of the generic. All the cyst cleared up and gone and everything is normal after 2 weeks of original Cymbalta!"

Sly4 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "My celexa stopped working around Thanksgiving. I have been slowly going into a tail spin since. My Dr changed me to Zoloft which I took for 5 weeks and only got worse. I took my first cymbalta yesterday and woke up this morning with so much less pain and could actually walk without my joints hurting. Not to mention that My mind seems to be coming around too. I cannot believe how fast this medicine has begun working for me. Between the severe depression and back pain I had been having thoughts of suicide for over 2 weeks now. I actually slept good last night and feel so much better already today!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2015

For Depression "Loved this medication when I first started taking it. I started taking to get through depression and my Father was dying of cancer. Thought it was the best medicine ever until I gained 50lbs within 5 months and the effect of the medication started to wear off. What was worse was the effects of getting off this medicine, vertigo for a month with migraine headache and what I call brain buzz for a month straight, that was tough perhaps worse than having depression. I wouldn't have taken it had I read the reviews first."

Lukins February 11, 2015

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I was originally put on Cymbalta for depression, I was told to take it during the day which I did. When I took the Cymbalta during the day it made me incredibly sleepy to the point I could NOT stay awake so I discontinued it's use. Fast forward a few years and I started experiencing HORRIBLE Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. Doctor put me on Cymbalta to try and treat the pain. This time I took it before bed. I didn't notice any sleepiness during the day, and my nerve pain got better, and eventually was completely gone. After a year of use and almost no pain at all, I started having some "break through pain". Even though I am having "break through pain" after a year, the Cymbalta still makes life 100x better and I and grateful to have it!"

jesssikarmaa February 10, 2015

For Depression "After following multiple combat tours I damaged my rotator cuff on my last tour and was exposed to close impact of mortar/ rocket impacts. Upon my return home, I was diagnosed with minor bruising on my brain, &torn rotator cuff. Later tests found pulmonary embolisms requiring u hospitalization & lead to a botched lumbar surgery & lumbar fusion failure. Leaving me in constant pain. The pain aggregated PTSD, after trying multiple depression meds, Cymbalta 60mg twice a day helped control the depression. However, chronic pain still required pain meds. Prior to the Cymbalta, my depression continued even with pain medications. Once adding Cymbalta (after taking it for weeks), my depression was manageable. Diazepam as needed helps w/ panic attack"

PTSD Paul (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2015

For Anxiety "Took it for 6 months and it got me through the worst of my symptoms"

Mm uneasy February 2, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I was placed on Cymbalta for chronic pain as a result from injuries sustained in a head on car accident right before my 19th birthday that also caused 2 very rare recessive gene's to activate (hemiplegic migraines (neurological migraines) and Raynauds disease (circulation disorder) in my lower leg's and feet). At first the pain control was unbelievable. However, 2-3 months into my treatment I began having psychological repercussions where I felt like all my emotions were trapped inside my head. Although I felt angry, sad, happy, etc, I was unable to exhibit those emotions. Cymbalta was discontinued. My head injury was suspected to be the issue as to why I had the adverse reactions I did because my brain didn't function or process normally."

Jenn Claus (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Made everything intense. Had me sitting on edge of seat. Took it twice, 2 doses, had to call Dr told me stop it."

nightmajic (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015