User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 2)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 52 reviews 7 medications

6.3
Chronic Pain 55 reviews 108 medications

Summary of Cymbalta reviews 819 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Chronic Pain "I just started on Cymbalta for excruciating nerve pain behind my right ear. This nerve pain is due to nerve damage from Shingles, PHN. I have to say that I am quite happy with the results so far. It seemed to zap the pain in about an hour from taking my first one. It seems to wear off by the next morning so I am going to try to up it to twice a day, hopefully I will not have trouble sleeping."

Karen H (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I just started Cymbalta 5 days ago for chronic neck pain as well as depression. The first few days were hell, I will admit that. I have had every side effect- nausea, dry mouth, constipation, extreme fatigue. But now at day 5, everything is starting to wear off and my neck honestly feels so much better and it's only been a few days. The only thing that seems to be sticking around is restlessness at night. I can fall asleep fine, but I wake up at around 3 am and can't get back to sleep. But I'm sure my body will adjust. I would suggest sticking with Cymbalta and pushing through the side effects if you can. This is supposed to be a great med."

chelseye (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've anxiety had a minimal level 4 about 6 months now and it has been getting worse and worse now my doctor tells me to up my cymbalta 290 milligrams, it's been about the month that I have done that along with taking my anxiety medicine both together really isn't doing much good. Will it help me?"

Smiley 357842367 December 9, 2015

For Depression "It worked for me at first day of treatment because I have lethargic depression it helped almost and made me feel energetic at first dose"

Surfaraz December 9, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Definitely didn't find enough pain relief until I was prescribed with powerful pain meds - side effects tired all the time, itchy all the time, very annoying!!"

Skinna (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2015

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Not diabetic neuropathy, but neuropathic pain nonetheless. Works wonderfully... ...except for the terrible acne it's causing, and the relatively frequent but terrible headaches. I also have some issues with anxiety; it has done exactly nothing of use there."

dyot (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I got switched to this medicine after tapering off Effexor. It was tough at first, but I am now feeling more like myself than I have in years. Thank you cymbalta"

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Anxiety "I have used Prozac (gained a lot of weight) Now I am on a combination of Wellbutrin and Cymbalta. What a difference. No foggy brain. My emotions are back. Don't feel like a zombie any more. Feel a little dizzy at times, but the benefits outweigh the side effects. I lost 10 kg !!! Look and feel great. Will stay on this combination. Great for depression."

LT1026 December 4, 2015

For Depression "32. F. After a couple of years refusing medication, adjusting to an interstate shift proved more difficult than planned, so about a month ago, decided to give these a try at the suggestion of my Dr. Took the first one in the evening after dinner as directed. By 10pm I was feeling achey, cold sweats, couldn't keep my legs still in bed and nauseas as hell. Within another 25 minutes the nausea turned into violent vomiting. And incredibly restless nights sleep. Dr said to stop immediately. I've not attempted another type again since, and don't think I intend to."

15Anonymous15 (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've been taking Cymbalta for about 3 weeks now. I started with 30mg for the first week. I found it worked but not quite there for me so I asked my Doctor to increase it for me. I'm on 60mg a day now which I take in the morning. I feel much better on this dose. I feel happier, much more calm, relaxed, less worry, and I even find myself being more friendly to people in general. I also take 300mg of Wellbutrin in the morning for my depression. This combo seems to be really working for depression and general anxiety. Side effects: frequent headaches (I just take Advil when needed) a little bit of increased body temperature and I'm up later in the evening and wake up earlier in the morn. When I wake I'm super wide awake and very clear headed."

Madcar (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "This review is premature as I am on day 4. I awoke on day 3 with a peaceful mental outlook and very little anxiety, which is most unusual for me. I have a lot of work-related reasons to be anxious. I am very happy and look forward to continued improvement with Cymbalta. I feel hopeful, not hopeless! Only side effect has been a mild headache that went away with NSAID."

Poppetsmom November 22, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Nightmares, didn't help with pain."

NikkiSixx November 16, 2015

For Depression "My boyfriend of 6 years began taking Cymbalta 2 years, ago to deal with a bout of depression. He has completely lost all libido and he went through a terrible period of sweating - he dripped like a faucet from his armpits at times. He has lost his joy of eating, and has no appetite. He has lost 40 lbs and really did not need to. His initial "feel good" period in this time has worn off and he is like a robot. His doctor GP, wants to up the dosage. I want him off and I want my boyfriend back. He is like a completely different person."

frustrated friend (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2015

For Back Pain "Though I read so many negative opinions about it, I decided to try taking Cymbalta. After two months I decided to stop taking it. First of all, my relationships got bad, I was careless, and numb. I also had a very strange feeling from time to time, like i was dreaming. Sometimes was anxious, and couldn't sleep, and had very vivid and bad dreams, and panic attacks. It had immediate effect on my libido, which got so low, it almost disappeared. The main problem with the drug was, that i felt good, even tempered most of the time. This state always took my mind of the very bad side effects of the medicine, and i was so relieved from the pain, i set aside all the negative effects of it. It's day 1 without it, and i feel dizzy and so tired, i..zzz"

like2sleepalot November 11, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I have had fibro, Depression, anxiety, chronic horrible pain. Cymbalta does nothing at all. I don't even know why I take it. If you stop it's worse than stopping anything else I have ever tried to except maybe Xanax. I am so happy for all you that it works for. Life is depressing and miserable. Pain meds were the only thing that has helped for pain but I have been on them so long I want to try something else. So sick of people who think pain meds cause the problem. Of course I am on a higher dose than someone who just started. It's been ten years. I wish cymbalta helped as much as you guys."

Losinghope007 November 10, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Cymbalta saved my life from severe anxiety and panic disorder, as well as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (intense nerve pain). I am 22 and have been on it for a few years. A year ago, I stopped taking it because I wasn't sure I still needed it. Within a week, I was living in hell. Crippled by my emetophobia, anxiety, and pain, I couldn't leave my apartment. I was having up to 10 panic attacks a day, sick to the point of throwing up all the time, stuck in bed. I got back on Cymbalta and in six weeks everything was better again. I can live my life now. Thank you Cymbalta! If I have to be on this med for the rest of my life, that is fine with me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "My pain diminished somewhat, and I don't feel shitty anymore. One annoying side effect: Insomnia, but 20mg zolpidem "fixed" that. Maybe the trouble sleeping will lessen, and the efficacy will improve after 6 weeks. 2 weeks on 30mg/day"

Room_101 (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2015

"I suffer from PTSD and the associated issues Anxiety and depression that is part of the package. Started a generic brand, This is the 3rd drug I have been on previously was on Lexapro, worked but caused a very emotionless state after 2 years.Then Valdoxan worked slowly, great for sleep, then eventually levelled off after 2 years. As for Cymbalta, the first 5 days wasn't fun, tired, anxious, negative thoughts, very spaced out couldn't drive, and Nausea. Then just as fast as the side effects came on they went over 48 hrs. Now just a week in feel better, more positive very little side effects slight nausea that is improving every day. I'm confident that the drug will work and find myself looking forward to the future."

Stiggythai November 3, 2015

For Depression "Been on it for three days I am starting to feel good again . first day was sick to my stomach and had very nervous feeling but second day was better it makes you sweat really easy but worth it so far I feel like getting back to my old self happy again making small steps but really is working with little side effects after two days. very hopeful!!!"

hammer 1968 November 3, 2015

For Anxiety "I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It got so bad I couldn't function and my Dr took me off work for 5 weeks and gave me 30mg of cymbalta (generic). By day 10 I noticed a big improvement..about 60% better. I see Dr in 2 weeks and she will decide if I should take 60mg. I really don't want to and I'm hoping I will continue to get better on the 30mg. I guess I will wait and see how I feel. I think therapy is a must for people with anxiety so we can learn ways to help stop the negative thoughts and not let them ruminate on a repeat reel in our head. I have found that there are things we can learn to help with that along with the meds."

AnnaDell (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Positive experience! I have SAD, GAD, Social Anxiety and Depression. I have been taking 90 mg for 10 years now. I had tried Effexor, Paxil, Wellbutrin and Celexa. These had each worked for about a year and then didn't work anymore. I have one side effect that I deal with. I have hot flashes. But this has been ok to deal with because my head finally felt right. I was able to go off of my anti-anxiety medication some years ago. After all this time on Cymbalta I have gone through some major life changes in the last year and my anxiety has come back. My depression has been sneaking back as well. I am trying CBT with a little success. I think I may need an increased dose or may have to try something new, which I dread."

Loverofkittiecats (taken for 10 years or more) October 29, 2015

For Anxiety "I tried cymbalta right after I gave birth and I noticed a difference within days. My.mood swings before my period get very bad and I thought the medicine wasn't working anymore so I switched to prozac. Big.mistake. I couldn't get out of bed. I switched back to cymbalta and am on day 2 and feel good. Never had side effects or anything like that. This has always been fast acting and an overall good medicaton for depression and my anxiety."

Kmlampe October 27, 2015

For Depression "Dont like this medication at all. I have MS and i started taking this for depression/anxiety about a month ago and i must say i will not take another pill as of today! This is a terrible medication, it gives you the weirdest nightmares! And thats when you can finally sleep! Avoid this medication at all cost and anything like it"

Jay1045 October 26, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Have had pain all my life, some is from fibromyalgia. Cymbalta worked well for pain such as the electrical zapping sensations. However, it is much too expensive and was not very effective for anxiety or depression."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 18, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Mood was boosted for awhile when I first started taking it, but then levelled off to the point of ineffectiveness. Did work very well for my fibromyalgia pain, but not worth the extremely high price."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 18, 2015