User Reviews for Cymbalta

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Cymbalta review summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 248 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Cymbalta to treat Back Pain

Review by bretto55 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Good for my mood swings. Evens me out mentally. Anxiety decrease. Decrease of libido 90%

May 18, 2013 6:01 AM
Review by Worst Poison Ever: User Rating:

Never before had serious side effects. Never posted an internet comment. Continued side effects including constant nausea, constipation, erratic blood pressure, balance/dizzy problem poor sleep, erratic heat beat. The first time I was dizzy and kept walking, then I fainted. Subsequent dizzy spells resulted in bed or couch as I couldn't walk for 4 hours. I ceased this medicine after 12 days and yet it took a month to completely recover.

March 23, 2013 7:08 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I started taking Cymbalta for chronic low back pain and to my surprise my daily nightmares stopped immediately after the first dose of 40mg. I just started this medicine a month ago and need to get my script filled. I took my last dose 2 days ago. For the last two nights I have had nightmares! My script is expensive, costing $60/month even with insurance. If this medicine continues to prevent these constant nightmares and gives my boyfriend a decent night sleep, myself included, then I will figure out a way to pay this added expense. I am 30 yrs old and have dealt with nightmares since I was a child. They have gotten worse as I get older. I have been to sleep disorder clinics and had plenty of tests. I can only hope this medicine continues to help me.

March 18, 2013 2:58 AM
Review by billybobyall: User Rating:

I started with 30mg dosage and was increased to 60mg daily. It was helpful with the constant burning in my feet that is secondary to peripheral neuropathy. My dosage was increased after a couple of months to 60mg twice daily. I didn't last a week! This medication has always given me increased sweating, especially night sweats! My doctor prescribed Hytrin (mostly used for hypertension and benign prostate hyperplasia) to combat the sweating and it seemed to help because the incidents of night sweats decreased. That all changed when my dosage was bumped up. I was having night sweats EVERY night and had a major increase of insomnia. I am getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night (or day because I work at night). I went back to 60mg daily and see my doctor tomorrow.

March 12, 2013 7:59 AM
Review by JustBreathe250 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Took about 3 weeks for this medicine to kick in before I noticed anything. When it did, the pain was intense for a couple of days but I stuck with it hoping things got better. They did! I was able to stand longer, walk longer, sit longer, and lay on my side all without intense pain. The pain was still there, but it made dealing with the pain more tolerable. I've been on this medicine for about 10 months now but dealing with this terrible pain for nearly 3 years. I've tried just about every medicine available and this medicine with Elavil and Oxycontin/Oxycodone works like magic. I now use Cymbalta with Elavil and Morphine and have had no issues.

May 12, 2012 6:56 PM
Review by tessmc57: User Rating:

Started taking Cymbalta as a last resort for radicular sciatica pain. Had surgery, tried many medicines. Been on Cymbalta for 1.5 mos. (5 days-20 mg, 5 days - 40 mg, 1 1/2 weeks - 60 mg, 2 days- 40 mg, 2 days- 30 mg). I experienced most of the side effects (nausea, lethargy, somnolence (sleeping 18-20 hrs a day for 3 wks from that to insomnia to today's date, flatulence, constipation, tingling all over, throat pain, blurry vision, nightmares, night terrors waking in drenching sweats, profuse sweating, hair loss). This is the weirdest medicine I've taken. Taken Fluoxetine for years with no unusual side effects or withdrawals. Reducing because of side effects of night terrors, sweats, etc. It does work for pain but the cost is high.

April 22, 2012 3:42 PM
Review by ShelbyMx: User Rating:

This medication saved my life. I had been suffering from a back injury for years, and the last 4 years were the worst. I've done everything except surgery. I started gaining weight because my back pain limited my daily life. The final straw was after having a child I couldn't walk for 2 months. The amount of narcotics it took for me to even stand was a fight with these doctors. Seems like it's a fight to get help with the pain. I finally asked to try Cymbalta, within 2 days I was taking only a 1/4 of my other medications to help me stand. I've been on it for 8 months, and from the day I gave birth I was 270lbs, I am now at 150, my daughter is only 10 months old. I'm just out of pain and can do things any normal 31yr old can do

March 15, 2012 2:40 PM

I have had chronic low back pain for over a year now. The doctor at the pain clinic said, "Cymbalta is now FDA approved for low back pain." It didn't help my pain at all and gave me the worst nausea, no sex drive, insomnia, random sweating, and stiff muscles, this is it!

February 13, 2012 10:34 PM
Review by Roxascat: User Rating:

I've been taking Cymbalta (90) for three years because of back pain. I have four fusions in my lower back. I tried to go to 60, because of the unfortunate side effect with orgasm, but upped it back to 90 when my pain level went up. The biggest issue is with feeling dehydrated all the time - very dry mouth, I also seem to take more time to heal and get over respiratory infections.

January 28, 2012 10:56 PM
Review by pittpete: User Rating:

Been on 30mg Cymbalta 1x/day for just a week. Helps a lot with my back pain, almost like its not there and I don't obsess about it constantly. I've had 2 lower back surgeries for herniated disks over the past 15 years. So far a wonder drug with only minimal nausea at first and some fatigue. Never took any other medicines except Aleve in the past, but that just didn't cut it.

January 17, 2012 3:01 PM