User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 24 reviews 72 medications

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 296 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Yaz

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I highly recommend Yaz for anyone experiencing awful pms/pmdd. I was on a generic pill, Lutera, for around 6 months, and each month my symptoms got worse and worse. The last week that I was on it was one of the worst weeks of my life, mood swings, roller coaster emotions, suicidal thoughts, and I begged my doctor to put in an IUD. She had me try Yaz, and I'm glad she did. For the first month I cramped more than usual and my breasts were tender, but the change in my emotional level is amazing. I can actually function! This drug was life-changing for me.

November 7, 2009 1:36 PM

For Acne: I have been on Yaz for a year and it has been a good pill for me. I originally started taking it becuase of acne, I really used to think that my skin was a hopeless case and I never even wanted to leave the house. It took about 2 months to see any real improvements in my skin but after the third month I completely stopped breaking out, and now I can't even remember the last time I had a pimple or a breakout when I used to break out every single day and I'm talking bad acne all over my face. This pill has been wonderful in curing my acne, but the only complaint I have is that it caused me to gain weight quickly 130 to 145 (in 4 months) and now my thighs and hips are covered in stretch marks. My advice is to workout regularly and eat right.

November 5, 2009 1:52 AM

Review by unwanted major side effects:

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for about three months. I became moody, emotional, it gave me headaches, lowered my sex drive, and gave me anxiety. I just did not feel like myself on this pill. I have since switched to LOESTRIN and so far, its been good. No side effects yet. I'm feeling like myself again. My sex drive is still not what it used to be but I understand that most birth control pills cause a decrease in libido. I personally do not recommend YAZ but I know that each pill works differently for different people, but my friends that were on YAZ said the same things that I am saying.

November 4, 2009 4:26 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for about 2 years and loved it except for the severe drop in sex drive. Other than that I had no complaints on it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2009 9:32 AM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I've been using Yaz since June of 2007. I love how it's made my life sooo much better. I was on a generic pill prior to Yaz and my cramps were worse than they ever had been, my mood was all over the place, and my periods were still irregular and lasted anywhere from 7-12 days. I told my doctor that I had spent a good two hours crying over a lost sock one month. She told me I probably had PMDD and to try Yaz. The first few months were full of crazy mood swings, probably while my body adjusted to it, but since then I've not had any problems with this pill. I'm very light and regular and they only last 3 to 5 days. My mood doesn't change and neither has my appetite. Everyone is different, but that's been my experience.

November 2, 2009 4:02 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz for over a year now. At first it was great, my skin cleared up, my periods were regular, light and short and my moods varied only slightly. After about the first 5 months however, everything started going wrong. I have constant heartburn, I've gained 10 lbs., I'm tired all the time, my acne has returned and I've been spacey and forgetful. Worst of all are my periods. The week before and throughout my period my moods are ALL over the place, I'm irritable and easily upset which isn't like me. I'm getting severe cramps, migraines and I get really nauseous when I'm on my period, which are heavier now than they ever were and last usually about 8 days, last month it lasted 11! Everyone's different, but this isn't for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2009 11:30 AM

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz since June of this year and at first it was okay but no I can't stand it. I'm always tired and I'm not in the mood to do anything. I'm 18 and just started college and met a guy who I'm crazy about but the bad thing is he has to put up with me being tired and moody all the time. Another thing about being on Yaz is that I never know when I'm going to get my period and even between periods I have quite a bit of bleeding. I called my doctor today and she said she would call in a new prescription for me to try so lets hope it helps! I wasn't sure if it was stress about from my college courses that were causing me trouble but then I started reading other people experiences on Yaz and they have been going through the same thing.

October 30, 2009 12:56 PM

For Birth Control: I've only been taking Yaz a month, but in that month I dropped ten pounds. I started having this weird burning sensation in my stomach. I get really bad dizzy/spacy spells. I'm switching back to my other birth control!

October 30, 2009 3:34 AM

Review by v2000:

For Acne: I've been taking Yaz for almost a year. I had constant acne breakouts and very bad mood swings before taking Yaz. Since then, my acne has cleared up and my moods are more balanced. My periods are lighter and my breasts are fuller for a couple weeks during the month. It took about 3 to 6 months for my acne to get better. I am very happy with the product. I have not noticed any side effects.

October 28, 2009 1:57 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz almost a month. The reason why I picked, and like this medication is because it doesn't give me mood swings, which every other birth control always causes. My complaints are that I have seen random acne pop up here and there on my face, and a little breakthrough bleeding. I also have cravings, and get super nauseous at the thought of certain foods. I am definitely a picky eater now, and would prefer not to eat, than eat something that turns my stomach (which seems to be a lot of things lately) my breasts are more "perky", and all my milk from my son has dried up fairly quickly. I do get dizzy, it's happened twice only. I also feel a little spacey, but it's getting better. Not sure about weight gain, if any.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2009 9:50 PM

Review by EPC:

For Birth Control: Ever since I started to use Yaz, I have gotten night sweats that are horrible. I wake up drenched and I have a loss of sex drive and I'm only 18 so that's not good.

October 26, 2009 10:57 PM

Review by What's going on here?:

I'm not 100 % sure if it's the Yaz, but I've gone from being a very happy, upbeat, outgoing person to an irritable, slightly crazy person. Everyone keeps telling me that my symptoms are related to situations that have occurred over the past few months (I lost a friend, both of my grandfathers and my job in the first 9 months of this year) but after reading other people's reviews, I'm starting to think it's the pill. I have been taking Yaz for about a year now and my mood has completely flipped upside down. My boyfriend has pointed out that I haven't been myself. I'm constantly tired. I always slept easily but haven't woke up feeling rested for quite some time.

October 26, 2009 10:05 PM

For Birth Control: I have been taking Yaz for over 3 years. I needed a birth control pill to take when I was on Accutane for acne, and this is the one my Ob/gyn prescribe. Well I can't say what impact the Yaz had on my acne, since I was also taking Accutane and that would have had a much bigger effect but I did like the lighter and shorter periods. What I didn't expect was for my periods to get lighter and lighter and eventually become non-existent. I haven't had a period in over two years. I didn't experience any weight gain. I have no other side effects, and my skin is still clear. I have nothing bad to say about it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2009 5:32 PM

For Acne: Did not help with acne, in fact, may have made it worse

October 26, 2009 4:33 PM

For Birth Control: I used YAZ for about 3 months, and I would give it a 5. The period was very light for me and it had no impact on weight gain or weight loss. It also seemed to have decreased my love for food. So in that sense it was nice. However for the first couple months, I was extremely emotional. I felt overwhelmed about everything and I felt like crying about everything. 3rd month everything seem to have calmed down except the occasional emotional outbursts. After I was on Yaz, I constantly felt pressure in my chest area and heartburn-like symptoms. I never had these symptoms before I started taking Yaz.

October 25, 2009 2:54 PM

Review by Period Hater:

For Birth Control: I really loved this pill. The only issue is that over time, my cramps became almost unbearable. It is excellent for appetite control related to other pills. I gained ten pounds on Alesse and then lost it when I began Yaz. It is also spectacular for your skin.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2009 1:27 AM

Review by waiting4magik:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Yaz for over a year now. I switched to it from Necon 1/35. I was interested in a lower dose over the long term. My anxiety decreased and blood sugar leveled. However, I improved my eating and exercise habits, so I cannot truly attribute the cause or cessation of any symptoms to either pill. Yaz must be taken at the same time daily or spotting may occur. I cannot attest to its ability to prevent pregnancy as I use other methods concurrently. I would continue on Yaz if it were not so expensive.

October 14, 2009 4:11 PM

For Birth Control: While effective as birth control, I had some bad side effects. I took Yaz for three years and had an increasing number of issues. All the issues I contributed to something other than Yaz until reading some forums where people were having similar problems. Some side effects I experienced were weight gain, severe depression, nightmares, severe migraines, and heartburn. Today my doctor switched me to Aviane. I will take my first pill in about fifteen minutes so I hope that it works for me. I think everyone needs to remember that each person's body chemistry is different so each type of medication will affect everyone differently. I think its pretty much trial and error to find the perfect pill for your body.

October 13, 2009 9:49 PM

Review by HeatherP1983:

For Birth Control: I'm so glad I came across these reviews! I have been taking Yaz for 4 months now and am severely depressed, gained 5 pounds, and have no sex drive. My poor husband. I'm calling my Doctor tomorrow! I do have to say it made my period so light and was very regular!

October 12, 2009 11:35 PM

Review by mhitchner:

For Menstrual Disorders: I have only taken Yaz for 1 month. I was having really irregular periods and so my doctor put me on Yaz because I had liked Yasmin in the past. My period that had lasted for three months nonstop ended immediately when I started Yaz, so I was excited. But, I began cramping everyday, for the entire month. For the first three weeks I had bad attitude and was depressed. I started breaking out, and I became very tired all the time. After reading some reviews of other women I decided to call my doctor to see if things were norm. He decided to switch me to a different brand. Use with caution and talk with your doctor if you begin to notice these same things.

October 10, 2009 1:55 PM

For Birth Control: Yaz did not work for me, is an excellent birth control but my sex drive went down, and caused me terrible headaches, gained weight, felt tired all the time.

October 8, 2009 12:24 PM

For Acne: I started using Yaz 3 months ago. Yes, it has helped my horrific acne but along with that comes other side effects. My breasts have gotten larger and I have lost weight (gained from quitting smoking). But I'm extremely tired in the morning, nauseated, feel like vomiting, headaches that turn into migraines, and lack of sex drive. I'm waiting til the end of this cycle to decide which side of the fence I want to be.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2009 10:29 AM

Review by missedperiods:

For Birth Control: I'm only on day 2 so my opinion might not be worth much. But here's how I feel: I take the pill at 9:30PM, its somehow preventing the Tylenol 3 I take for pain from working properly. I feel really fresh in the morning, tired through the day and then ready to hit the bed at a normal time at night. Overall so far, I like it. I don't have PMDD or PCOS, my Doctor had me on Alesse because Tri Cyclen was causing me hives. On the Alesse I realize I felt really anxious and didn't even consider it was the pill until I took Yaz. Now I feel kind of relaxed and not concerned about everything being perfectly clean. I'm also hoping for the weight loss and breast increase like others. I'm 5"1 and just ballooned to 115lbs over summer BBQ's.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2009 9:38 AM

Review by MRSGUIDO:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Yaz was great for the first 4 months. I then had a huge jump in my blood pressure. My doctor took me off of it immediately. After one week my blood pressure started dropping. PLEASE CHECK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE! I had no clue. I have never had a problem with high blood pressure before taking YAZ.

October 5, 2009 1:49 AM

Review by Cherry13:

For Menstrual Disorders: My daughter had severe PMDD. She is 13. At first I was hesitant about putting my 13 yr old daughter on birth control because of the social stigma that she may be considered "easy" or sexually active because she is on Birth Control. Yet, she and I talked about it and she is a very level headed conservative girl who needed help and wanted to try. This medicine has been God send for her and her PMDD. He periods are lighter, not as lengthy and there is minimal pain associated with her periods now. Not to mention her mood and anxiety levels have both improved more than I can mention. This medicine has made her feel "normal" again!

October 1, 2009 10:02 AM