User Reviews for Yaz (Page 10)

Learn more about Yaz.

Birth Control 204 reviews 275 medications

6.5
Summary of Yaz reviews 363 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Menstrual Disorders "At one point during the 5 months that I was taking these pills, I came across tightness of my chest which gave me difficulty breathing and I felt as though I was suffocating. I never had acne, once I quit the pills, I suffered, and am still suffering, from severe acne. I refuse to go back on the pill, but I also don't know what to do about this acne problem now. I stopped taking the pills in January and have had bad acne since. No problems breathing, though."

Micks July 2, 2010

For Acne "I just started taking Yaz 3 weeks ago. My acne was awful. It was everywhere and I scar really bad if I pick my pimples or not. I was at the end of my rope. I was so tired of having to wear make-up in the mornings when I don't really like to wear it at all. Now, just in 3 weeks time, my acne has dried up completely. All I can do is thank the makers of this product. I woke up this morning and there was only 2 small pimples on my face. I was truly amazed because I had struggled with acne for the past 3 years. The only side effect for me is upset stomach, but that's nothing compared to the nightmare I was living. Thanks Yaz!"

ThanksYaz July 2, 2010

For Acne "Before I started Yaz, I did a great deal of research. I've had so many issues with hormonal birth control. I wanted to go on Yaz for a number of reasons: First and foremost being hormonal acne. I am into the second pill pack and I have noticed favorable results. This is certainly not a miracle cure, but I have started to notice fewer hormonal breakouts, and my skin is more even and healthy looking. I also attribute this to variations in diet and exercise, which I think is essential to all good skin care. As most of the reviews say, just stick with it. The only negative side effect I've noticed thus far, is fatigue, but that is starting to diminish. Good luck!"

Anonymous July 1, 2010

For Acne "I was on Yaz for about a year. It cleared up my severe acne almost instantaneously (though I actually broke-out severely in the very beginning). I also noticed a decreased growth of facial/body hair. My periods were also much shorter and I had much lighter flows. The only negative side effect that I noticed was slight weight gain. I have been off the pill for a few months now, because my insurance no longer covers it at all."

Anonymous June 18, 2010

For Acne "Yaz was definitely a God send. I struggled with acne for 10 years until my dermatologist gave me Yaz. I couldn't believe how fast it worked. My skin cleared up in 2 months and my confidence increased. I've been taking Yaz for 2 years now and have absolutely NO side effects. The acne comes a little bit now, but not nearly as much as before. It's so mild, reminds me of taking a multivitamin. I love Yaz and will continue to use it as long as I can."

Gratefulone June 10, 2010

For Menstrual Disorders "As we know not all birth controls work for all people the same. This being said, for me Yaz was the worst birth control. I experienced frequent bleeding, very decreased sex drive, dryness,and severe migraines. Happy to say after 5 months I have switched off of it. The only good thing was it was very effective if used only for birth control. Wish me luck with the next one."

Anonymous June 7, 2010

For Acne "I have tried everything from Proactive to Skin I.D to Murad and nothing has worked for my acne until I got on YAZ. However, don't be discouraged because it does take a couple weeks to months for your body to adjust to the hormones and essentially your skin may worsen. I was on the pill for about a year and literally never had to worry about a breakout. I got off for about 8 months and just started back on it a week ago because my skin started to get really bad again. My face is the worst I've ever seen it right now but I know sticking with it will be worth it. It is so hard dealing with acne and there are nights when I just cry to my mom because I don't even want to show my face in public. But trust me YAZ is worth the wait so stick it out."

beebby21 June 7, 2010

"I took Yaz for a little over 2 years. From around the age of 16 to 18. I gained a little bit of weight, not much but EXTREMELY hard to lose. Also, I experienced mood swings frequently. Sometimes getting extremely upset and feeling the need to cry. But the reason I stopped taking Yaz was because I started to get EXTREMELY BAD migraines/headaches. These headaches would come VERY frequently. I would say averaging around 2-5 days a week. MIgraines run in my family but funny thing is I never experienced them before the pill. Also, nothing would help these headaches. I took everything from Tylenol to Excedrin Migraine. Nothing helped. Hoped this helped! good luck!"

cassiel June 1, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for 2 1/2 years and I love it! My breast grew a cup size, which was great for me because I was barely a B starting out. Definitely helped with acne and mood swings. I still get the occasional food cravings before my period is about to start but overall I love it. My doctor okayed me to skip the sugar pills in my packs so I only get a period every 6 months or so. Nothing but good things to say."

Anonymous May 27, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on this for many years. The only side effect I had was dryness. When I went off it my face and neck broke out and I developed an ovarian cyst. I'm back on it."

mjcjm May 26, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for a year and a half, and then decided to switch to LoSeasonique so that I would only have 4 periods a year. Big mistake!! I am switching back to Yaz because of the side effects of LoSeasonique. On Yaz, I always knew when my period would start, and it was only about 3 days. It also helped with my awful cramps. I had no bad side effects from Yaz at all. I would definently reccomend it, but know that every pill has a different effect on each person."

Anonymous May 21, 2010

For Acne "I have been on YAZ for only a week now and my skin is really clearing up! This is after trying antibiotics and topicals for a year with little to no help. Made me a little moody and tearful and tired the first couple of days but it seems my body has already gotten used to it. Haven't been bloated or anything. If you are breaking out around your chin/jawline/neckline area it is probably hormonal and you should try YAZ"

Anonymous May 20, 2010

For Birth Control "Yaz gave me immediate bloating, gas from the day I started taking it. In addition, I had severe headaches and fatigue. My breasts grew a cup size which was bad to me because they hurt all the time and my boobs aren't small to begin with. I wanted to sleep all the time and was ready to be in bed by 7pm every night. It made me lose my desire to exercise. On a positive note, it made me feel a lot less anxious than Loestrin 24 FE did. However, the cons outweighed the pros for me and I started Loestrin 24 FE after and like it much better."

AshleyMichelle May 10, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for a year trying to let my body get used to it. It made me depressed and made my PMS even worse accompanied with headaches. It made my period irregular (twice a month and heavy). It did help my acne, I'll give it credit for that but on it I gained about 20 pounds and it's been really hard to take that weight off."

Anonymous May 10, 2010

"I was on Yaz for about 2 years. I started it after I had my son. It was wonderful for a while, but recently I started getting anxiety attacks. It was horrible. My doctor put me on Paxil for the anxiety. I realized that while I was taking both medicines, I felt extremely depressed. I wasn't sure if it was the Paxil or the Yaz, but I was late starting my new pack this last month, and I noticed I felt amazing. So I decided that it was the Yaz interacting with the Paxil. I made the decision to stop Yaz and continue with Paxil because as anyone with anxiety attacks knows, they are unbearable. I would still recommend Yaz, as long as you aren't taking anything else that would affect your mood/hormones."

Anonymous May 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I've tried just about every birth control in the book. Depo was by far the worst with over 15lbs weight gain in a year, horrible acne and leg cramps. Loestrin24 wasn't far behind with chronic exhaustion, zero sex drive and depression. Ortho wasn't bad, but I did experience weight gain (about 5lbs in a year). Yaz is by far my favorite, and I can say that both before having my first child and after. Yaz stabilized my pre-menstrual mood swings. I think it actually increased by sex drive post pregnancy. I've had no weight issues and no acne problems. I think all the commercials about Yaz's side effect are bogus - every birth control is going to show correlations with some disease or another. I'd recommend Yaz in a heartbeat."

Anonymous April 28, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for almost 3 years. It was great for the first 2 3/4 years! I felt like it helped with my moods and cramps before my period and just worked great overall. A few months ago though, I started having PMS for 2 weeks straight and month by month after it the PMS creeped up into the entire month! I would cry for absolutely no reason or from the smallest thing, be very irritable and angry over little things, depressed, nightmares, hungry all the time, extremely tired all the time- coffee did nothing, weight gain etc. Went off it about 5 days ago and feel so much better! "

Anonymous April 21, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for about 2 years and I loved it, never had a problem with it. Well when all the commercials came out about all the horrible side effects I panicked and my doctor switched me to Losestrin 24 FE....WORST decision I ever made. I'm happy to say I called my doctor today and apparently the FDA released a new statement saying Yaz is as safe as all other oral contraceptives, so I'm going back on Yaz next month. I never had any weight gain, or horrible mood swings and cramps were reduced drastically. I'm so happy to be going back to Yaz."

jlg82 April 20, 2010

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was given Yaz because of my PMDD and misplaced ovaries that made ovulation exceptionally painful. My friend and her mother were instantly concerned because of my friend's bad experience with Yaz. She had migraines, anxiety and gained a lot of weight on it. I fared much better than my friend. My acne didn't go away, but it's not AS bad. My ovaries aren't hurting nearly as much, I don't have anymore cramps, my mood swings are much more manageable, and my periods aren't all over the map anymore (the doctor actually laughed when I showed him the calendar I used to track it!) I have gained weight on Yaz. I'm going to guess I've gained about 1/2 a pound, and that is in my boobs. I am finally out of an A cup and I am thrilled about it!"

Anonymous April 17, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on yaz for about a year. I like it and have not had any major problems. I have short, light periods and my acne has decreased. The only bad thing is that it is expensive."

Anonymous April 15, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for over a year now and I love it. I have not gained any weight. I don't feel moody or 'off'. I actually feel great! I feel like my moods and PMDD are more under control then ever. I used to get very emotional while having my period and now I feel normal. I don't have cramps or feel tired while on my period and it is very light and last only 2 or 3 days!"

Anonymous April 7, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for about 8 months now and I have not one thing bad to say about it. I've lost 10 pounds on it, I no longer suffer from PMDD, my periods are short and regular, and it cures my headaches. I don't know how I'd live without it. The only days that are hard are the days when I have to take the sugar pills- I love this birth control."

Anonymous April 6, 2010

For Acne "I've been taking Yaz for almost 10 months now. I wanted to go on it for a number of reasons including acne. I started breaking out all the time in my last year of high school and it was horrible. I never wanted to leave my house. So I tried it and for the first couple of months I noticed my acne getting even worse! I guess it was just my body getting used to the hormones. It took some time but starting at about 6 months, I saw a huge difference in my acne. I almost never get a pimple now! And if I do it's around my period and they are much easier to make go away than before. It definitely was a lifesaver, if you have acne I'd suggest it for sure."

Anonymous April 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I had been taking Yaz for about 2 years then had to stop since I was switching jobs and lost my insurance for a few months. When I first started taking Yaz I noticed MUCH lighter and shorter periods, no noticeable weight gain/loss, no mood swings or craving. When I started taking the generic pills I felt the exact same and chalked it up to taking Yaz for so long, except when I recently switched back to Yaz my breasts were tender and a few days before my period I had bad migraines. I really didn't think to relate these to Yaz until I read some of the other posts and heard of the side effects."

Anonymous April 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for 6 months. I went from having severe back acne and moderate face acne to........almost NO ACNE!! For the first time in my teen years (Im 17), i am not embarrased about my face, and i can wear a bathing suite without being embarrassed about severe back acne. I have a relatively light period that lasts for 7 days, but only 3 or 4 of those days are real flow. I can predict my coming period down to the hour. The ONLY bad thing is that I GAINED 10 POUNDS and I can't get it off. Some people lose weight on this birth control, and some gain. It's hard to tell how you will react. Try the pill and see if it works for you. I am taking a break to see if the weight comes off."

Jjkeety March 27, 2010