User Reviews for Yaz (Page 10)

Learn more about Yaz.

Birth Control 199 reviews 275 medications

6.5
Summary of Yaz reviews 357 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Acne "I have tried everything from Proactive to Skin I.D to Murad and nothing has worked for my acne until I got on YAZ. However, don't be discouraged because it does take a couple weeks to months for your body to adjust to the hormones and essentially your skin may worsen. I was on the pill for about a year and literally never had to worry about a breakout. I got off for about 8 months and just started back on it a week ago because my skin started to get really bad again. My face is the worst I've ever seen it right now but I know sticking with it will be worth it. It is so hard dealing with acne and there are nights when I just cry to my mom because I don't even want to show my face in public. But trust me YAZ is worth the wait so stick it out."

beebby21 June 7, 2010

"I took Yaz for a little over 2 years. From around the age of 16 to 18. I gained a little bit of weight, not much but EXTREMELY hard to lose. Also, I experienced mood swings frequently. Sometimes getting extremely upset and feeling the need to cry. But the reason I stopped taking Yaz was because I started to get EXTREMELY BAD migraines/headaches. These headaches would come VERY frequently. I would say averaging around 2-5 days a week. MIgraines run in my family but funny thing is I never experienced them before the pill. Also, nothing would help these headaches. I took everything from Tylenol to Excedrin Migraine. Nothing helped. Hoped this helped! good luck!"

cassiel June 1, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for 2 1/2 years and I love it! My breast grew a cup size, which was great for me because I was barely a B starting out. Definitely helped with acne and mood swings. I still get the occasional food cravings before my period is about to start but overall I love it. My doctor okayed me to skip the sugar pills in my packs so I only get a period every 6 months or so. Nothing but good things to say."

Anonymous May 27, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on this for many years. The only side effect I had was dryness. When I went off it my face and neck broke out and I developed an ovarian cyst. I'm back on it."

mjcjm May 26, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for a year and a half, and then decided to switch to LoSeasonique so that I would only have 4 periods a year. Big mistake!! I am switching back to Yaz because of the side effects of LoSeasonique. On Yaz, I always knew when my period would start, and it was only about 3 days. It also helped with my awful cramps. I had no bad side effects from Yaz at all. I would definently reccomend it, but know that every pill has a different effect on each person."

Anonymous May 21, 2010

For Acne "I have been on YAZ for only a week now and my skin is really clearing up! This is after trying antibiotics and topicals for a year with little to no help. Made me a little moody and tearful and tired the first couple of days but it seems my body has already gotten used to it. Haven't been bloated or anything. If you are breaking out around your chin/jawline/neckline area it is probably hormonal and you should try YAZ"

Anonymous May 20, 2010

For Birth Control "Yaz gave me immediate bloating, gas from the day I started taking it. In addition, I had severe headaches and fatigue. My breasts grew a cup size which was bad to me because they hurt all the time and my boobs aren't small to begin with. I wanted to sleep all the time and was ready to be in bed by 7pm every night. It made me lose my desire to exercise. On a positive note, it made me feel a lot less anxious than Loestrin 24 FE did. However, the cons outweighed the pros for me and I started Loestrin 24 FE after and like it much better."

AshleyMichelle May 10, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for a year trying to let my body get used to it. It made me depressed and made my PMS even worse accompanied with headaches. It made my period irregular (twice a month and heavy). It did help my acne, I'll give it credit for that but on it I gained about 20 pounds and it's been really hard to take that weight off."

Anonymous May 10, 2010

"I was on Yaz for about 2 years. I started it after I had my son. It was wonderful for a while, but recently I started getting anxiety attacks. It was horrible. My doctor put me on Paxil for the anxiety. I realized that while I was taking both medicines, I felt extremely depressed. I wasn't sure if it was the Paxil or the Yaz, but I was late starting my new pack this last month, and I noticed I felt amazing. So I decided that it was the Yaz interacting with the Paxil. I made the decision to stop Yaz and continue with Paxil because as anyone with anxiety attacks knows, they are unbearable. I would still recommend Yaz, as long as you aren't taking anything else that would affect your mood/hormones."

Anonymous May 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I've tried just about every birth control in the book. Depo was by far the worst with over 15lbs weight gain in a year, horrible acne and leg cramps. Loestrin24 wasn't far behind with chronic exhaustion, zero sex drive and depression. Ortho wasn't bad, but I did experience weight gain (about 5lbs in a year). Yaz is by far my favorite, and I can say that both before having my first child and after. Yaz stabilized my pre-menstrual mood swings. I think it actually increased by sex drive post pregnancy. I've had no weight issues and no acne problems. I think all the commercials about Yaz's side effect are bogus - every birth control is going to show correlations with some disease or another. I'd recommend Yaz in a heartbeat."

Anonymous April 28, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for almost 3 years. It was great for the first 2 3/4 years! I felt like it helped with my moods and cramps before my period and just worked great overall. A few months ago though, I started having PMS for 2 weeks straight and month by month after it the PMS creeped up into the entire month! I would cry for absolutely no reason or from the smallest thing, be very irritable and angry over little things, depressed, nightmares, hungry all the time, extremely tired all the time- coffee did nothing, weight gain etc. Went off it about 5 days ago and feel so much better! "

Anonymous April 21, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for about 2 years and I loved it, never had a problem with it. Well when all the commercials came out about all the horrible side effects I panicked and my doctor switched me to Losestrin 24 FE....WORST decision I ever made. I'm happy to say I called my doctor today and apparently the FDA released a new statement saying Yaz is as safe as all other oral contraceptives, so I'm going back on Yaz next month. I never had any weight gain, or horrible mood swings and cramps were reduced drastically. I'm so happy to be going back to Yaz."

jlg82 April 20, 2010

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was given Yaz because of my PMDD and misplaced ovaries that made ovulation exceptionally painful. My friend and her mother were instantly concerned because of my friend's bad experience with Yaz. She had migraines, anxiety and gained a lot of weight on it. I fared much better than my friend. My acne didn't go away, but it's not AS bad. My ovaries aren't hurting nearly as much, I don't have anymore cramps, my mood swings are much more manageable, and my periods aren't all over the map anymore (the doctor actually laughed when I showed him the calendar I used to track it!) I have gained weight on Yaz. I'm going to guess I've gained about 1/2 a pound, and that is in my boobs. I am finally out of an A cup and I am thrilled about it!"

Anonymous April 17, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on yaz for about a year. I like it and have not had any major problems. I have short, light periods and my acne has decreased. The only bad thing is that it is expensive."

Anonymous April 15, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for over a year now and I love it. I have not gained any weight. I don't feel moody or 'off'. I actually feel great! I feel like my moods and PMDD are more under control then ever. I used to get very emotional while having my period and now I feel normal. I don't have cramps or feel tired while on my period and it is very light and last only 2 or 3 days!"

Anonymous April 7, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for about 8 months now and I have not one thing bad to say about it. I've lost 10 pounds on it, I no longer suffer from PMDD, my periods are short and regular, and it cures my headaches. I don't know how I'd live without it. The only days that are hard are the days when I have to take the sugar pills- I love this birth control."

Anonymous April 6, 2010

For Acne "I've been taking Yaz for almost 10 months now. I wanted to go on it for a number of reasons including acne. I started breaking out all the time in my last year of high school and it was horrible. I never wanted to leave my house. So I tried it and for the first couple of months I noticed my acne getting even worse! I guess it was just my body getting used to the hormones. It took some time but starting at about 6 months, I saw a huge difference in my acne. I almost never get a pimple now! And if I do it's around my period and they are much easier to make go away than before. It definitely was a lifesaver, if you have acne I'd suggest it for sure."

Anonymous April 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I had been taking Yaz for about 2 years then had to stop since I was switching jobs and lost my insurance for a few months. When I first started taking Yaz I noticed MUCH lighter and shorter periods, no noticeable weight gain/loss, no mood swings or craving. When I started taking the generic pills I felt the exact same and chalked it up to taking Yaz for so long, except when I recently switched back to Yaz my breasts were tender and a few days before my period I had bad migraines. I really didn't think to relate these to Yaz until I read some of the other posts and heard of the side effects."

Anonymous April 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for 6 months. I went from having severe back acne and moderate face acne to........almost NO ACNE!! For the first time in my teen years (Im 17), i am not embarrased about my face, and i can wear a bathing suite without being embarrassed about severe back acne. I have a relatively light period that lasts for 7 days, but only 3 or 4 of those days are real flow. I can predict my coming period down to the hour. The ONLY bad thing is that I GAINED 10 POUNDS and I can't get it off. Some people lose weight on this birth control, and some gain. It's hard to tell how you will react. Try the pill and see if it works for you. I am taking a break to see if the weight comes off."

Jjkeety March 27, 2010

For Birth Control "I was taking Yaz for about 6-7 months and had great results with decreased acne and shorter menstrual periods. However, the more I read about the drug, the more concerned I became about some of the side effects other people were having. However, I am not the type of person to imagine that side effects are happening to me. I have always tolerated most medications pretty well. So I thought everything was going well with Yaz. About 6-7 months into it, I started noticing that I was having a lot of muscle twitching. It was subtle at first but then it was constant. I finally went to my doctor and she said that I most likely had increased potassium, causing an electrolyte imbalance. (Which can be very dangerous if untreated). Hope this helps."

Anonymous March 24, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for about a year and a half. I just switched today to a different pill. I gained about 10 pounds on Yaz. It made me impossible to deal with. I was so uncontrollably moody, and it made my acne worse. Hopefully the new stuff will help."

Anonymous March 23, 2010

For Birth Control "I'm 23 and have been on YAZ for 3 years. I switched to YAZ from Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo because Ortho was causing me major mood swings. YAZ took care of the mood swings, I have virtually none on YAZ, but it came with other side effects. The worst of them is debilitating intense headaches 2-3 days before my period. When I start taking the placebo pills, I get blinding headaches! Also, decreased sex drive, and tiredness. YAZ, did however give me very regular periods... they are like clockwork... I know down to the hour when I'm going to get my period and it only lasts 4 days, and is light because of the headaches, I am switching to Loestrin 24 fe. I hope it gets rid of the headaches and some of the other side effects. GOOD LUCK!"

Anonymous March 5, 2010

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been taking this medication for three years and I love it. My periods became lighter after a few months. I also no longer had severe mood swings every month. It has made a huge difference in my life. The only negative side effect I noticed was mild water retention and slight weight gain 2-3 lbs."

Anonymous March 3, 2010

For Birth Control "I switched to Yaz after having break through bleeding on seasonale for two years. I loved it at first. Shorter periods, and PMDD relief. Some months I didn't even realize my period was coming/starting I was so free of symptoms. A little over two years on it though, I slowly started getting mood swings back. I sometimes cry for days at a time with absolutely no reason at all. I have had symptoms of depression, which is COMPLETELY out of character for me, and overall, I just don't feel like myself anymore. My doctor switched me to loestrin Fe...which i start tomorrow, so hoepfully that takes care of it!"

Anonymous February 22, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for about a month and a half after switching from Ortho Tri Cyclen that I used for 7 years. I switched because Ortho wasn't working for me anymore. I was nauseous and felt off balance. I had no problems with acne nor weight gain. While on Yaz for a short time, I had anxiety, depression, bloating, and weight gain. I had to stop mid-pack because I was an emotional wreck. I'm on Aviane now for two months and experiencing horrible breakouts I never had before. I feel slightly off balance when I first start using active pills and during the first few inactive pills. I'm still looking for what will work for me."

Anonymous February 10, 2010