User Reviews for Yaz

Menstrual Disorders 24 reviews 72 medications

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 269 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Menstrual Disorders: I have really bad cramps on my period and usually end up taking a day off of work each month. Since I've started Yaz I now have almost all the symptoms of PMS/PMDD which I hadn't had before. I had bad cramps and bloating for a couple of days during my period, sure, that's normal. But now I have mild cramps, bloating, headaches, irritability, muscle aches and trouble sleeping EVERY DAY since I've started! The doctor says it may take 3-6 months for my body to get used to the hormones but if this continues after 3 months I'm getting off them! The only bonus: my period is regular unlike before.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2009 1:14 PM

Review by Jessica 2010:

For Birth Control: I am 17 and I got on YAZ in October 2008. I had never been on the pill before yet, I had heard bad things about Yaz. I went through some blood tests to make sure that YAZ would be okay for me and turned out I was cleared to take it. I have been taking it for almost a year now and I have felt no symptoms. I actually like YAZ because it keeps me very regular, I know exactly what day I will start and around the time, something I have never had before. Seeing all these bad reviews people are giving it makes me wonder. I haven't had any symptoms really but I have had the occasional cramps. My mom today just got me a new pill called Ocella. I decided to stay on YAZ.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2009 2:03 AM

Review by MRS TAT:

For Birth Control: I used Yaz before I quit to start a family. I used it for maybe two years with no negative side effects. I have used others in the past and hated them. With Yaz I had clear skin, no mood swings, I loved it. About a year later I was losing weight. I was more skinny than I had ever been after high school. I can't wait to go back on it as soon as I am done breastfeeding.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2009 4:19 PM

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I was placed on Yaz in May and taken off of Sprintec because of extreme joint swelling. At first, Yaz was great. I had no complaint's the first month, then the weight gain started. I have been 120lbs my whole adult life and went to 130lb, within days into the second pack. By August (just months), I slipped into a depression with extreme hopelessness and could not stop crying. I also noticed that my skin was getting oily. I called my Doctor and they placed me back on my old pills. Within a week, my mood has improved, I'm not crying uncontrollably and my skin is normal again. The pharmacist stated that women either love Yaz or they hate it. Too bad it didn't work for me, I am very glad to be off of it.

September 12, 2009 2:17 PM

Review by foosis:

For Birth Control: I have been using yaz for almost 3 years now. I have no mood swings and my acne cleared completely, I get one or 2 zits before I get my regular period once a month. I gained a few pounds but it can be fixed, I am 20 years old and I have no mood swings, sex drive is the same and I love this pill. I used to be on the nuvaring for a year but it made me moody. So yaz is the best thing ever invented to reduce human overpopulation!

September 2, 2009 2:56 PM

For Menstrual Disorders: I have continued with my menstrual period after being on Yaz for 3 weeks. This is the reason I started the pill to regulate not to have it all-the-time.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2009 1:55 PM

For Acne: I have to tell you I have struggled with acne since I was 13. I'm 34 now and am clear and happy. It took about 60 days before I noticed a difference, it's wonderful. My side effects are larger tender breasts, not such a big deal, and I have gained weight. I've always been small and I'm at 118 now my biggest, but I think I can deal with it. Love the clear face to much to go off the pill. I suppose if I continue to gain weight I'll look for other acne options.

August 26, 2009 4:27 AM

Review by Diane33478:

For Acne: I never thought I would be able to find something to clear my acne. After 10 years of searching and trying every OTC product and prescription product nothing worked. The I started trying Birth Control Pills and went through about 5 different kinds of them until I tried Yaz. It does wonders for my face and my confidence. I can't believe that taking a tiny pill, once per day can be such an easy cure to my skin problems. Don't let you doctor convince you that the generic will do the same as Yaz... it won't.

August 24, 2009 2:15 PM

Review by flightlessxbird:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Yaz for around 5 months and am absolutely miserable. I felt fine over the first two months, and eventually the side effects reared its ugly head. I have never weighed this much in my life, I gained about 20 pounds. I cry every night and am extremely irritable, especially to my poor boyfriend who does not deserve any of it. I was on Loestrin 24 Fe for around 2 years, worked as a birth control pill, didn't gain any weight, was able to lose weight, wasn't moody, only had slight acne... which is why my gynecologist put me on Yaz. I'd rather have terrible acne than feel the way I do on this pill.

August 20, 2009 6:37 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz for 3 years and my experience has been very positive. I have very light, short periods. I have gained no weight and have no issues with acne. Yaz has been a great experience for me, personally, and I have a lot less to worry about every month because of it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2009 12:32 AM

Review by bellavera:

For Birth Control: I just want to say thank you to all those who took time to write positive things about Yaz. I did a lot of research before taking the pill and frankly, it scared me. So many complaints and horror stories. The most important things to remember is that we all react to substances/hormones in different ways. I'm 35 and haven't taken the pill since I was 20. I am on my 4th pack of Yaz and am very pleased. I had a little spotting in the first two months and stomach discomfort, especially when I forget a pill. Aside from that, I've lost weight and stay slim even when not active, my breasts have gone up a full size which I love. My sex drive is fine, if not greater, no change in moods. Good luck to all.

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2009 7:17 PM

For Birth Control: I have been taking Yaz for 1 month. My doctor asked me to try it for a couple more so my body can get use to it, but I would rather just stop right now. I'm tired all the time, depressed, no sex drive. I had horrible cramps, worse than when I was in high school, and bad migraines the week prior to my period. I cry at the drop of a hat and I'm really anxious. I do not like it, but I will give it one more month. We'll see.

August 3, 2009 2:27 PM

For Menstrual Disorders: I am 16 and went on the pill because I had long heavy periods with cramping. I have only been on the pill for a little over a month but it helped my period so much! I also had no cramping at all! I was kind of scared to start taking it after reading all the negative reviews but I'm so glad I did. I have no bad side effects at all. I actually lost three pounds already without even trying!

August 2, 2009 2:41 AM

For Birth Control: I would rate this above 10 if I could. This is the best birth control I have ever taken. I suffer from PMDD and my time of the month without yaz I feel like I could hurt people for no reason at all, just because I didn't like the way they looked at me or what ever. Anyways Yaz has helped that out so much. My husband is so happy with the results. I have had no weight gain, no cramping and only 3 day periods with very little bleeding and the best part is no irritability or major mood swings.

August 1, 2009 11:20 PM

Review by svo1991:

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for over a year before I had Mirena put in. I had really heavy periods and severe cramping before I was on Yaz and Yaz made my periods almost invisible. No cramping, light bleeding, and I had energy. Recommend.

July 31, 2009 12:51 PM

Review by Shirley824:

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz for almost 5 months. Every month my doctor told me to try to wait one more month that my body would adjust. It has caused me to have extreme anxiety, gain weight, and severe depression. My poor boyfriend has had to deal with me for the past couple months and I'm nothing but depressed. But it has been great for pregnancy reasons. I'm only with one person so it's my only birth control and so far so good there.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2009 5:17 PM

Review by lizbesilly:

For Birth Control: I took Yaz prior to my second pregnancy and absolutely loved it. No side effects so I decided to go ahead and start back on it after I was done breastfeeding my second child. I have some other health conditions, so it has taken me 6 months to link the side effects to the pill. I have had horrible headaches that would grow into migraines, which is not good especially with a 3 yr old and 1 yr old. I am beyond tired, I can sleep 20 hours a day if I didn't have children. I am beyond moody and irritable which has had a huge impact on my relationship with my husband, children, family and friends. I have not had a major decrease in sex drive, but have had a dramatic change in vaginal dryness that would make times unbearable.

July 26, 2009 5:51 AM

Review by Trouble8:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I've suffered from severe premenstrual dysphoric disorder my entire adult life. Yaz has been wonderful for me. I began taking it nearly 2 years ago. It took some time for my body to adjust to Yaz, probably more than 6 months. The main side effect for me was heavy bleeding. I've found the Yaz to be wonderful as long as I take it religiously the same time each day, within 1-2 hours. And deviation seems to bring on side effects. I recently switched from taking it before bed to taking it in the morning. The PMS mid-cycle was terrible. I may have to add a low dose of Prozac to help me through the adjustment.

July 22, 2009 9:32 AM

Review by J2509:

For Birth Control: I have had horrible mood swings and have gained weight. I never know when or if I'm going to get my period and my poor husband has had to deal with my mood swings. I was on Ortho-Tri-Cyclen-Lo for 2 years before this and never had a problem. I'm changing back.

July 16, 2009 7:45 PM

Review by mrsmp3:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I've only been taking this for one month for premenstrual dysphoric disorder and haven't even had my first period on it. So far I have felt generally more level and have found I have more energy. I take it at 10pm so any nausea is whilst I sleep. I have been waking at 5am but slowly things are improving on that front. I used to have joint pain with my PMDD and my knee joints don't hurt anymore. I have gained 2 pounds but I have also been eating winter comfort food so it could be that! I plan to exercise now my energy is returning so hopefully I can start to lose all my pregnancy weight from 2 pregnancies. So far so good - actually interested to see if my periods are lighter as they were awful before.

June 29, 2009 9:21 PM

Review by Rachela3117:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I developed premenstrual dysphoric disorder after having my first child and it was unbearable. 2 weeks out of every month I would be terribly swollen and bloated, hungry, craving weird things, suffered from insomnia, had headaches and felt tired, and just really sick in general. I was also totally crazy and my moods would go up and down really dramatically. I just finished my first pack of YAZ and it has been AMAZING. Within the first month ALL of my symptoms have gone away and I feel great. I have even lost some weight. I had a slight headache and nausea the first 2 or 3 days I was on the pill but other than that nothing at all. I was afraid to take it because of all the negative reviews, but everyone is different. Worked great for me and has changed my life.

June 29, 2009 8:15 PM

Review by tulsa04:

For Birth Control: I've been taking YAZ for over a year now and I'm proud to say I have nothing negative to say about it. Everythings been well, I've got lighter and shorter periods, which I love! No abnormal things happening like mood swings or hairloss like other are experiencing. I think it really just depends on the person whether this pill is right for you, no 2 girls are the same in that area. I recommend it.

June 25, 2009 11:51 AM

For Birth Control: I enjoyed being on Yaz very much. I had to switch to a different pill because it's not covered under my insurance. The only side effects I really ever noticed were an increased sex drive, increase in breast size, decrease in appetite, mild reoccurring yeast infections (I've tested positive for track/yeast infections a few times but with little to no pain). Overall, I was extremely happy with Yaz and I'm upset that I have to start a different pill.

June 24, 2009 12:40 PM

For Birth Control: I love almost everything about Yaz.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 15, 2009 1:25 PM

For Birth Control: I'm 32 and never took any birth control pills. I was on the fence taking Yaz due to negative responses. I love this birth control and glad I took it. I only experienced light bleeding during the 1st month of taking pill. When I finished the 1st pack the bleeding stopped. I noticed I was emotional when I took the first placebo pill but when I took the 2nd I was back to normal. My doctor put me on the pill due to irregular periods and when they came on they would be extremely heavy. I missed work some days due to this. Well when I got my period with taking Yaz it came on when taking the placebo pills and was light, NO CRAMPS, very short. My skin looks great, I wake up happy as can be, no emotional issues, sex drive up.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 15, 2009 7:49 AM