User Reviews for Yaz

6.7
Summary of Yaz reviews 274 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

Review by missedperiods:

For Birth Control: I'm only on day 2 so my opinion might not be worth much. But here's how I feel: I take the pill at 9:30PM, its somehow preventing the Tylenol 3 I take for pain from working properly. I feel really fresh in the morning, tired through the day and then ready to hit the bed at a normal time at night. Overall so far, I like it. I don't have PMDD or PCOS, my Doctor had me on Alesse because Tri Cyclen was causing me hives. On the Alesse I realize I felt really anxious and didn't even consider it was the pill until I took Yaz. Now I feel kind of relaxed and not concerned about everything being perfectly clean. I'm also hoping for the weight loss and breast increase like others. I'm 5"1 and just ballooned to 115lbs over summer BBQ's.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2009 9:38 AM

Review by MRSGUIDO:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Yaz was great for the first 4 months. I then had a huge jump in my blood pressure. My doctor took me off of it immediately. After one week my blood pressure started dropping. PLEASE CHECK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE! I had no clue. I have never had a problem with high blood pressure before taking YAZ.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2009 1:49 AM

Review by Cherry13:

For Menstrual Disorders: My daughter had severe PMDD. She is 13. At first I was hesitant about putting my 13 yr old daughter on birth control because of the social stigma that she may be considered "easy" or sexually active because she is on Birth Control. Yet, she and I talked about it and she is a very level headed conservative girl who needed help and wanted to try. This medicine has been God send for her and her PMDD. He periods are lighter, not as lengthy and there is minimal pain associated with her periods now. Not to mention her mood and anxiety levels have both improved more than I can mention. This medicine has made her feel "normal" again!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2009 10:02 AM

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for almost a year. I gained 25 pounds and am heavier than I've ever been in my life! I've never, ever had a problem with weight gain before. After being on it for a couple months, I started getting weekly headaches. Really bad ones. I decided to go off of Yaz to see if the headaches would go away and I'd stop gaining weight. Sure enough, after about 2 weeks the headaches stopped completely. I haven't gained any more weight either, and I've been off of Yaz for about a year now. Unfortunately, I'm having problems losing all the weight I gained!

September 29, 2009 8:00 PM

Review by chipmunk1416:

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz, the doctor took me off it. I then got put on something else and got a cyst. Now a year later and I have another cyst. The doctor is trying to get me back on the Yaz. When I was on it I loved it. It made my periods shorter lighter and less moody. I recommend this pill.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2009 4:39 PM

For Menstrual Disorders: I have really bad cramps on my period and usually end up taking a day off of work each month. Since I've started Yaz I now have almost all the symptoms of PMS/PMDD which I hadn't had before. I had bad cramps and bloating for a couple of days during my period, sure, that's normal. But now I have mild cramps, bloating, headaches, irritability, muscle aches and trouble sleeping EVERY DAY since I've started! The doctor says it may take 3-6 months for my body to get used to the hormones but if this continues after 3 months I'm getting off them! The only bonus: my period is regular unlike before.

September 28, 2009 1:14 PM

Review by Jessica 2010:

For Birth Control: I am 17 and I got on YAZ in October 2008. I had never been on the pill before yet, I had heard bad things about Yaz. I went through some blood tests to make sure that YAZ would be okay for me and turned out I was cleared to take it. I have been taking it for almost a year now and I have felt no symptoms. I actually like YAZ because it keeps me very regular, I know exactly what day I will start and around the time, something I have never had before. Seeing all these bad reviews people are giving it makes me wonder. I haven't had any symptoms really but I have had the occasional cramps. My mom today just got me a new pill called Ocella. I decided to stay on YAZ.

September 27, 2009 2:03 AM

Review by MRS TAT:

For Birth Control: I used Yaz before I quit to start a family. I used it for maybe two years with no negative side effects. I have used others in the past and hated them. With Yaz I had clear skin, no mood swings, I loved it. About a year later I was losing weight. I was more skinny than I had ever been after high school. I can't wait to go back on it as soon as I am done breastfeeding.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2009 4:19 PM

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I was placed on Yaz in May and taken off of Sprintec because of extreme joint swelling. At first, Yaz was great. I had no complaint's the first month, then the weight gain started. I have been 120lbs my whole adult life and went to 130lb, within days into the second pack. By August (just months), I slipped into a depression with extreme hopelessness and could not stop crying. I also noticed that my skin was getting oily. I called my Doctor and they placed me back on my old pills. Within a week, my mood has improved, I'm not crying uncontrollably and my skin is normal again. The pharmacist stated that women either love Yaz or they hate it. Too bad it didn't work for me, I am very glad to be off of it.

September 12, 2009 2:17 PM

Review by foosis:

For Birth Control: I have been using yaz for almost 3 years now. I have no mood swings and my acne cleared completely, I get one or 2 zits before I get my regular period once a month. I gained a few pounds but it can be fixed, I am 20 years old and I have no mood swings, sex drive is the same and I love this pill. I used to be on the nuvaring for a year but it made me moody. So yaz is the best thing ever invented to reduce human overpopulation!

September 2, 2009 2:56 PM

For Menstrual Disorders: I have continued with my menstrual period after being on Yaz for 3 weeks. This is the reason I started the pill to regulate not to have it all-the-time.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2009 1:55 PM

For Acne: I have to tell you I have struggled with acne since I was 13. I'm 34 now and am clear and happy. It took about 60 days before I noticed a difference, it's wonderful. My side effects are larger tender breasts, not such a big deal, and I have gained weight. I've always been small and I'm at 118 now my biggest, but I think I can deal with it. Love the clear face to much to go off the pill. I suppose if I continue to gain weight I'll look for other acne options.

August 26, 2009 4:27 AM

Review by Diane33478:

For Acne: I never thought I would be able to find something to clear my acne. After 10 years of searching and trying every OTC product and prescription product nothing worked. The I started trying Birth Control Pills and went through about 5 different kinds of them until I tried Yaz. It does wonders for my face and my confidence. I can't believe that taking a tiny pill, once per day can be such an easy cure to my skin problems. Don't let you doctor convince you that the generic will do the same as Yaz... it won't.

August 24, 2009 2:15 PM

Review by flightlessxbird:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Yaz for around 5 months and am absolutely miserable. I felt fine over the first two months, and eventually the side effects reared its ugly head. I have never weighed this much in my life, I gained about 20 pounds. I cry every night and am extremely irritable, especially to my poor boyfriend who does not deserve any of it. I was on Loestrin 24 Fe for around 2 years, worked as a birth control pill, didn't gain any weight, was able to lose weight, wasn't moody, only had slight acne... which is why my gynecologist put me on Yaz. I'd rather have terrible acne than feel the way I do on this pill.

August 20, 2009 6:37 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz for 3 years and my experience has been very positive. I have very light, short periods. I have gained no weight and have no issues with acne. Yaz has been a great experience for me, personally, and I have a lot less to worry about every month because of it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2009 12:32 AM

Review by bellavera:

For Birth Control: I just want to say thank you to all those who took time to write positive things about Yaz. I did a lot of research before taking the pill and frankly, it scared me. So many complaints and horror stories. The most important things to remember is that we all react to substances/hormones in different ways. I'm 35 and haven't taken the pill since I was 20. I am on my 4th pack of Yaz and am very pleased. I had a little spotting in the first two months and stomach discomfort, especially when I forget a pill. Aside from that, I've lost weight and stay slim even when not active, my breasts have gone up a full size which I love. My sex drive is fine, if not greater, no change in moods. Good luck to all.

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2009 7:17 PM

For Birth Control: I have been taking Yaz for 1 month. My doctor asked me to try it for a couple more so my body can get use to it, but I would rather just stop right now. I'm tired all the time, depressed, no sex drive. I had horrible cramps, worse than when I was in high school, and bad migraines the week prior to my period. I cry at the drop of a hat and I'm really anxious. I do not like it, but I will give it one more month. We'll see.

August 3, 2009 2:27 PM

For Menstrual Disorders: I am 16 and went on the pill because I had long heavy periods with cramping. I have only been on the pill for a little over a month but it helped my period so much! I also had no cramping at all! I was kind of scared to start taking it after reading all the negative reviews but I'm so glad I did. I have no bad side effects at all. I actually lost three pounds already without even trying!

August 2, 2009 2:41 AM

For Birth Control: I would rate this above 10 if I could. This is the best birth control I have ever taken. I suffer from PMDD and my time of the month without yaz I feel like I could hurt people for no reason at all, just because I didn't like the way they looked at me or what ever. Anyways Yaz has helped that out so much. My husband is so happy with the results. I have had no weight gain, no cramping and only 3 day periods with very little bleeding and the best part is no irritability or major mood swings.

August 1, 2009 11:20 PM

Review by svo1991:

For Birth Control: I was on Yaz for over a year before I had Mirena put in. I had really heavy periods and severe cramping before I was on Yaz and Yaz made my periods almost invisible. No cramping, light bleeding, and I had energy. Recommend.

July 31, 2009 12:51 PM

Review by Shirley824:

For Birth Control: I have been on Yaz for almost 5 months. Every month my doctor told me to try to wait one more month that my body would adjust. It has caused me to have extreme anxiety, gain weight, and severe depression. My poor boyfriend has had to deal with me for the past couple months and I'm nothing but depressed. But it has been great for pregnancy reasons. I'm only with one person so it's my only birth control and so far so good there.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2009 5:17 PM

Review by lizbesilly:

For Birth Control: I took Yaz prior to my second pregnancy and absolutely loved it. No side effects so I decided to go ahead and start back on it after I was done breastfeeding my second child. I have some other health conditions, so it has taken me 6 months to link the side effects to the pill. I have had horrible headaches that would grow into migraines, which is not good especially with a 3 yr old and 1 yr old. I am beyond tired, I can sleep 20 hours a day if I didn't have children. I am beyond moody and irritable which has had a huge impact on my relationship with my husband, children, family and friends. I have not had a major decrease in sex drive, but have had a dramatic change in vaginal dryness that would make times unbearable.

July 26, 2009 5:51 AM

Review by Trouble8:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I've suffered from severe premenstrual dysphoric disorder my entire adult life. Yaz has been wonderful for me. I began taking it nearly 2 years ago. It took some time for my body to adjust to Yaz, probably more than 6 months. The main side effect for me was heavy bleeding. I've found the Yaz to be wonderful as long as I take it religiously the same time each day, within 1-2 hours. And deviation seems to bring on side effects. I recently switched from taking it before bed to taking it in the morning. The PMS mid-cycle was terrible. I may have to add a low dose of Prozac to help me through the adjustment.

July 22, 2009 9:32 AM

Review by J2509:

For Birth Control: I have had horrible mood swings and have gained weight. I never know when or if I'm going to get my period and my poor husband has had to deal with my mood swings. I was on Ortho-Tri-Cyclen-Lo for 2 years before this and never had a problem. I'm changing back.

July 16, 2009 7:45 PM

Review by mrsmp3:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I've only been taking this for one month for premenstrual dysphoric disorder and haven't even had my first period on it. So far I have felt generally more level and have found I have more energy. I take it at 10pm so any nausea is whilst I sleep. I have been waking at 5am but slowly things are improving on that front. I used to have joint pain with my PMDD and my knee joints don't hurt anymore. I have gained 2 pounds but I have also been eating winter comfort food so it could be that! I plan to exercise now my energy is returning so hopefully I can start to lose all my pregnancy weight from 2 pregnancies. So far so good - actually interested to see if my periods are lighter as they were awful before.

June 29, 2009 9:21 PM