User Reviews for Yaz (Page 10)

Learn more about Yaz.

Menstrual Disorders 31 reviews 71 medications

6.5
Summary of Yaz reviews 344 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I have been on yaz for about a year. I like it and have not had any major problems. I have short, light periods and my acne has decreased. The only bad thing is that it is expensive."

Anonymous April 15, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for over a year now and I love it. I have not gained any weight. I don't feel moody or 'off'. I actually feel great! I feel like my moods and PMDD are more under control then ever. I used to get very emotional while having my period and now I feel normal. I don't have cramps or feel tired while on my period and it is very light and last only 2 or 3 days!"

Anonymous April 7, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for about 8 months now and I have not one thing bad to say about it. I've lost 10 pounds on it, I no longer suffer from PMDD, my periods are short and regular, and it cures my headaches. I don't know how I'd live without it. The only days that are hard are the days when I have to take the sugar pills- I love this birth control."

Anonymous April 6, 2010

For Acne "I've been taking Yaz for almost 10 months now. I wanted to go on it for a number of reasons including acne. I started breaking out all the time in my last year of high school and it was horrible. I never wanted to leave my house. So I tried it and for the first couple of months I noticed my acne getting even worse! I guess it was just my body getting used to the hormones. It took some time but starting at about 6 months, I saw a huge difference in my acne. I almost never get a pimple now! And if I do it's around my period and they are much easier to make go away than before. It definitely was a lifesaver, if you have acne I'd suggest it for sure."

Anonymous April 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I had been taking Yaz for about 2 years then had to stop since I was switching jobs and lost my insurance for a few months. When I first started taking Yaz I noticed MUCH lighter and shorter periods, no noticeable weight gain/loss, no mood swings or craving. When I started taking the generic pills I felt the exact same and chalked it up to taking Yaz for so long, except when I recently switched back to Yaz my breasts were tender and a few days before my period I had bad migraines. I really didn't think to relate these to Yaz until I read some of the other posts and heard of the side effects."

Anonymous April 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for 6 months. I went from having severe back acne and moderate face acne to........almost NO ACNE!! For the first time in my teen years (Im 17), i am not embarrased about my face, and i can wear a bathing suite without being embarrassed about severe back acne. I have a relatively light period that lasts for 7 days, but only 3 or 4 of those days are real flow. I can predict my coming period down to the hour. The ONLY bad thing is that I GAINED 10 POUNDS and I can't get it off. Some people lose weight on this birth control, and some gain. It's hard to tell how you will react. Try the pill and see if it works for you. I am taking a break to see if the weight comes off."

Jjkeety March 27, 2010

For Birth Control "I was taking Yaz for about 6-7 months and had great results with decreased acne and shorter menstrual periods. However, the more I read about the drug, the more concerned I became about some of the side effects other people were having. However, I am not the type of person to imagine that side effects are happening to me. I have always tolerated most medications pretty well. So I thought everything was going well with Yaz. About 6-7 months into it, I started noticing that I was having a lot of muscle twitching. It was subtle at first but then it was constant. I finally went to my doctor and she said that I most likely had increased potassium, causing an electrolyte imbalance. (Which can be very dangerous if untreated). Hope this helps."

Anonymous March 24, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on Yaz for about a year and a half. I just switched today to a different pill. I gained about 10 pounds on Yaz. It made me impossible to deal with. I was so uncontrollably moody, and it made my acne worse. Hopefully the new stuff will help."

Anonymous March 23, 2010

For Birth Control "I'm 23 and have been on YAZ for 3 years. I switched to YAZ from Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo because Ortho was causing me major mood swings. YAZ took care of the mood swings, I have virtually none on YAZ, but it came with other side effects. The worst of them is debilitating intense headaches 2-3 days before my period. When I start taking the placebo pills, I get blinding headaches! Also, decreased sex drive, and tiredness. YAZ, did however give me very regular periods... they are like clockwork... I know down to the hour when I'm going to get my period and it only lasts 4 days, and is light because of the headaches, I am switching to Loestrin 24 fe. I hope it gets rid of the headaches and some of the other side effects. GOOD LUCK!"

Anonymous March 5, 2010

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been taking this medication for three years and I love it. My periods became lighter after a few months. I also no longer had severe mood swings every month. It has made a huge difference in my life. The only negative side effect I noticed was mild water retention and slight weight gain 2-3 lbs."

Anonymous March 3, 2010

For Birth Control "I switched to Yaz after having break through bleeding on seasonale for two years. I loved it at first. Shorter periods, and PMDD relief. Some months I didn't even realize my period was coming/starting I was so free of symptoms. A little over two years on it though, I slowly started getting mood swings back. I sometimes cry for days at a time with absolutely no reason at all. I have had symptoms of depression, which is COMPLETELY out of character for me, and overall, I just don't feel like myself anymore. My doctor switched me to loestrin Fe...which i start tomorrow, so hoepfully that takes care of it!"

Anonymous February 22, 2010

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for about a month and a half after switching from Ortho Tri Cyclen that I used for 7 years. I switched because Ortho wasn't working for me anymore. I was nauseous and felt off balance. I had no problems with acne nor weight gain. While on Yaz for a short time, I had anxiety, depression, bloating, and weight gain. I had to stop mid-pack because I was an emotional wreck. I'm on Aviane now for two months and experiencing horrible breakouts I never had before. I feel slightly off balance when I first start using active pills and during the first few inactive pills. I'm still looking for what will work for me."

Anonymous February 10, 2010

For Birth Control "I have used YAZ for a couple of days now...I'm not entirely sure, but I think I have PMDD. I usually have a super heavy periods that lasts 8 days. I did the Sunday starter and I had my period for only 4 days. I don't know how or why, but ever since I took the pill, I feel very happy and confident. I hope YAZ keeps this up in the months I plan to take it."

Anonymous February 9, 2010

"I've taken Yaz for 3 and a half years, but when I first started it was a nightmare! I felt sick all the time with no appetite and the first period I had on Yaz was even worse! I was way more moody than I was off the pill and would just start crying for no reason. It got better and my periods were lighter, but like most after that 3 year mark I started feeling anxious and depressed. I'm getting switched off of it now because of it. It's great for short term."

Anonymous February 8, 2010

For Birth Control "I took Yaz for about 4 years. I loved it at first. I did go up a cup size and got a little curvier, but overall, it was great. The last year, however, I started to turn into a monster during my period. I got severe migraines right at the start of my period and it would last about two days. I am not sure why the medicine changed on me, but I recently switched to Loestrin24 because I couldn't handle the mood swings and headaches any longer. My doctor said there was no link in all of these recent changes...I had to disagree with her though because I already feel better after switching. "

Anonymous February 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I went on Yaz for about three years and I found that my mood drastically changed for the worse as time went on. I had horrible mood swings and cried about everything. "

UnhappyonYaz January 30, 2010

For Menstrual Disorders "I loved almost everything about Yaz. My heavy, 7-day periods turned into light 3-4 day ones. Skin cleared up, and the reason I took it was to get rid of my horrible cramps - which it did a fantastic job of. Unfortunately, it affected my sex drive and I felt my personality clouded over. I decided I'd rather feel like myself and try my best to deal with cramps and heavy days without medicines."

Anonymous January 29, 2010

For Menstrual Disorders "I was on Yaz for 8 months. My periods were lighter, shorter, and I had minimal spotting. I had cramps that only lasted for 30 min or so. I did experienced side effects though such as my boobs felt full and swollen. I gained some weight, had cravings for big meals, and became emotional at random times. Towards the end I experienced sharp pains in my boobs which resulted in finding benign cysts. A month after I got off of it I lost 10 lbs but had to get my gallbladder removed for stones & gallbladder disease. "

Anonymous January 20, 2010

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I was on Yaz for almost 3 years. At first it REALLY helped with the symptoms of my PCOS....I had gained so much weight before starting the pill and my ache was horrible. When I got on the pill, acne went away...my weight started to slowly decrease. Now, however I've been on it for 2 years and all I can say is that it made me feel worse. My weight still has not dropped off (after diets and exercise) I got headaches and I'm always so tender now. I've developed GERD, which I never had a problem with before I started the Yaz. I recently JUST stopped taking it and now that I'm NOT on it I feel more in control over my thoughts and I started noticing roller coaster patterns in my moods from when I was on the Yaz. However I'm summing up."

0508 January 20, 2010

"I have been using Yaz birth control since July 2008, about a year and a half. It has worked great so far. The only problems that after I have had with it is that after a year of being on it, I started to occasionally bleed during sex. It is very awkward for me and my boyfriend. When I went to the my gyno, she said that I was perfectly healthy but maybe I could have been pregnant. So I took a pregnancy test and I was not pregnant (THANK GOD!). My doctor told me that I may have some blood clots on my cervix that my boyfriend may pop during intercourse. My periods are fine, but a week after my period ends, I get this brown spotting. It is weird but I have just learned to except it. Overall, I would recommend Yaz to anyone."

Anonymous January 18, 2010

For Birth Control "I took this medicine for 3 years. The first 2 years were great. Less bleeding and basically no cramps. By the 3rd year though I developed severe anxiety, depression and mild kidney and liver problems as well as a racing pounding pulse and difficulty breathing. Several other of my friends have had some of the same problems. I would recommend it if you have severe cramps like I did. It was great. Just be sure to monitor yourself."

Anonymous January 18, 2010

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "This is the best medicine I have ever found to treat this disorder. I would not stop taking it even if the FDA tried to recall it. I can function like a normal person after suffering for many years."

ms_fazeya January 15, 2010

For Acne "I have been taking YAZ for 8 months now and am very pleased with the results. I have not gained any weight, my acne cleared up completely, and my periods are shorter and lighter. The first three months I did experience side effects; migranes, tiredness, breakthrough bleeding just the first month; but other than that, it was fine. I attribute those first three months to my body getting used to the hormones. At first I was hesistant to try this birth control because of the horror stories I have read online, but I decided to try it anyway, and I am so happy that I did, because it has been wonderful for me. I suggest anyone debating on trying it out, to not be discouraged by the reviews, because everybodys body is different."

Anonymous January 10, 2010

For Menstrual Disorders "I do not tolerate birth control pills as a general rule and I found Yaz extremely tolerable. I didn't have any side effects on it to start with it helped my heavy menstrual bleeding and as an added bonus my skin was much clearer. I was only on it a short time, however, because it did cause an increase in the severity and frequency of my migraines. I had the worst complex migraine I have ever had while on this medication. I would recommend it for the most part, but maybe not for migraine sufferers."

Anonymous January 7, 2010

For Birth Control "I started using Yaz in August of '08 and I love it! For the first few months my periods were a bit irregular with slight spotting but that evened out in about January. I also noticed later on that I got irritable during the 1st day of my period, which was not normal for me when I was off the pill. I've had no acne problems, no weight gain (with no change in my eating habits), and amazingly regular and light periods. I'd recommend this to everyone!"

Anonymous January 4, 2010