User Reviews for Oracea

Ocular Rosacea 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Oracea reviews 23 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Oracea

Review by P-Pharma (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rosacea: I recently found an amazing dermatologist who is very vigilant about tailoring treatments specific to my skin and my medical history and prescribed me Oracea, after several unsuccessful treatments from other derms (incl. completely altering my skincare regimen, switching from my pricey La Mer face wash/moisturizers to all Cerave products and SPF 35 sunscreen). I've been on Oracea for 4 weeks and unlike the other reviewers here, I haven't seen any improvements yet :( I'm not sure if my redness is caused by another underlying condition at this point b/c we've tried most topical treatments (Finacea, Mirvaso, Metrogel) and they only make the redness worse! Anyone else see improvements only after > 4 weeks of treatment?

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 4:18 PM

Review by red eyes & blepharitis (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rosacea: I've had what they said was blepharitis all of my life. It started spreading under a lower eyelid so I went to a dermatologist (after spending hundreds at an opthamologist and him putting me on several antibiotics and eyedrops). She put me on Oracea and it made it so much better; even the bloodshot, scratchy eyes. The only drawback is that it has given me severe heartburn, which I've never had before.

March 23, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by TinnerW:

For Rosacea: This medication combined with Finacea cream saved my skin! I was having terrible localized breakouts that would leave bad scars. Once I started religiously using Oracea and Finacea (to help with redness) my skin looks amazing, I rarely need to wear makeup now. Only downside is it makes my lips sensitive. The tend to look swollen- which is not such a bad thing. I would recommend this to anyone dealing with Rosacea.

March 2, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by Nita1214:

For Rosacea: LOVE LOVE LOVE Oracea! 2 weeks and I already notice a great improvement in my eyes. I have mild rosacea on my face (red nose sometimes) but it was the ocular rosacea that prompted me to seek help. I thought my eyes were just red from my contacts but my ophthalmologist said it was ocular rosacea. I was devastated- I do not want to lose my vision! So far, so good- my eyes feel 100% better, my stress level is down & I'm starting to feel "normal" again! I guess I'm lucky because I haven't experienced any of the side effects (yet). Hopefully it'll stay that way. Oracea is my new best friend.

November 23, 2013 9:24 AM

Review by TomMinnesota (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rosacea: Saw an improvement shortly after I started taking Oracea. Skin was smoother and nose area was not as bumpy and less skin flareups caused lots of upset stomach. Several times tool this medicine with water and maybe 40 minutes later would throw up. Also medicine is very expensive.

May 5, 2013 10:09 PM

Review by 2cute:

For Rosacea: I saw great results but unfortunately had to stop because the medication went from $300 to $480 and my insurance would not cover it, and that was also using discount card.

March 13, 2013 10:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rosacea: Oracea works wonderfully for my rosacea. I'm willing to accept my moderate digestive issues that seem to be associated with it. Oracea is extremely expensive.

September 10, 2012 3:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Rosacea: Since I have used this medication so long, years and years, I believe it has improved my rosacea. I'm not willing to stop taking Oracea to find out. As far as the stomach ache associated with this pill, I found that taking it at night prevents the stomach upset symptoms. One review mentioned burning on the lips and tongue, I have experienced this side effect very very much, however, I didn't realize this pill may be the reason. Again, if this pills causes the lips, mouth area and tongue to have a burning sensation I'm not sure I would stop taking the Oracea, although that is one terrible side effect. Overall, I will continue taking Oracea.

August 18, 2012 3:02 PM

For Rosacea: My doctor gave me a coupon card that keeps the prescription at $25.00 with my insurance. I have been taking Oracea for two years for my Rosacea. It works great! The only problem now is that after all this time of using Oracea, I have developed a constant stomach ache. This is one of the side effects and I am really bummed out about it. I have had not stopped using Oracea. Not sure what is the alternative will be.

March 6, 2012 5:32 PM

For Rosacea: I used the $25.00 "Care Card" for the allowed 2 months. My face cleared up completely, with no side effects. I was told my 3rd refill would cost $440.00 per month, so I had to stop taking it.

October 22, 2011 10:41 PM

For Rosacea: I began taking Oracea about a three and a half weeks ago for Rosacea. I saw my dermatologist for what I thought was a stubborn case of acne. I am 54 and was breaking out like crazy, with no improvement using over the counter acne medicine. My skin is greatly improved. However, the result I am most excited about, is the great improvement I am experiencing with fibromyalgia. I have had pain from bursitis in my right him for over a year, I have had cortisone shots and PT with no relief. After taking Oracea for about two weeks, I noticed remarkable improvement in my hip pain. I am also feeling more energetic and more alert than I have in a long time. I will be seeing my rheumatologist in September and will be asking her opinion.

August 11, 2011 10:40 PM

Review by jenny20:

For Rosacea: Oracea works for the most part. My skin has improved but I still suffer from the upset stomach at times as one of the side effects. I have been using Oracea for about one year and it has helped my skin clear up and has helped prevent the huge lumps from over taking my face.

July 21, 2011 3:54 AM

Review by 4evryoung:

For Rosacea: I suffer from moderate acne exacerbated by dermatillomania (skin picking). This product has been the most effective treatment I have used. Since I'm 52 that means I've tried almost every prescription or OTC product. My skin has healed and have no further breakouts.

July 4, 2011 1:57 PM

Review by strivingforperfection:

For Rosacea: I started using Oracea about four months ago and it has been good for the most part. But it seems like my face is starting to break out again and I have noticed that my teeth seem dull or a little yellow.

June 25, 2011 9:44 PM

For Rosacea: Great.

April 26, 2011 12:10 AM

Review by melanie9466:

For Rosacea: If you can afford Oracea or your insurance pays for it then by all means take it. It is great for rosacea and adult acne. You do need to drink plenty of water.

March 23, 2011 8:30 AM

For Rosacea: I used Oracea for severe rosacea. I experienced only mild improvements. I repeatedly got a skin infection around the eyes which was resolved with a topical anti-fungal. The infections alone are a reason to mark this medicine down.

March 22, 2011 11:58 PM

Review by jjwyo:

For Rosacea: Oracea has finally been the one thing that has cleared my Rosacea/Acne. After years of adult acne a dermatologist felt I had Rosacea as well. Oracea has subsided all the redness I was suffering and has cut down on the bumps and breakouts that were constant. My skin is not perfect but it is much improved thanks to Oracea. I will not go without it. Luckily, my insurance covers the cost of Oracea.

July 26, 2010 9:00 AM

Review by KristiK221:

For Rosacea: I started using Oracea along with Metrogel 2 weeks ago and I've already noticed a significant difference. The little bumps that were all over my cheeks and forehead are almost all gone. My skin is so clear now and I've received numerous compliments on it. I plan to continue using it and hopefully with continued results. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from the embarassing effects of rosacea.

May 6, 2010 10:50 AM

Review by sieanaa:

For Rosacea: Oracea has some side effects that you have to work through and you have to be careful about what you use and eat with it because of its reations, but, honestly it is worth whatever effort you put into it. It cleared all my redness in 3 days. I was told not to expect it to work like this for (at most) 6 months but it cleared up amazingly. It might not work so incredibly for you, but if you have mild to moderate rosacea I expect that it will.

March 1, 2009 1:13 PM

Review by Jawjah:

For Rosacea: I was diagnosed with Rosacea a year ago and was in terrible shape. My rheumatologist (for lupus and fibromyalgia) recommended I see a dermatologist because he believed I had Rosacea. I thought I was just having a recurrence of terrible acne. My dermatologist diagnosed the Rosacea and put me on Oracea. Incredible. I cleared it completely in just a matter of weeks and have had no recurrence. I am amazed and delighted.

February 15, 2009 8:25 AM

Review by K-L:

For Rosacea: I was diagnosed with Rosacea years before taking this drug. The usual topical prescription did not give much relief so I quit using them. When I developed little hard bumps I went to a new doctor and was given Oracea samples to try. I was AMAZED! I thought for years that my face was always "puffy" due to lack of sleep or diet but after taking this for just 2 weeks I looked and felt so much better. Puffy skin GONE, redness DRASTICALLY decreased. I am SO EXCITED about this drug. I have just 2 negatives: #1 - my side effect was a burning sensation around my mouth and on my lips. No redness, just the sensation - this subsided in my 4th week of use. #2 - cost of this drug is too much. After my samples ran out I was unable to afford it and now suffer again.

February 9, 2009 9:48 PM

Review by Shorty's wife:

For Rosacea: My husband has had severe rosacea all his life. He was prescribed Oracea about three years ago. Neither of us had any particular opinion of its efficacy until we had to interrupt his therapy for budgetary reasons. While he was off Oracea, his condition flared and visibly worsened. When we resumed his therapy we could see the improvements almost instantly! Thank you, thank you!

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2008 11:50 AM