User Reviews for Monodox

Learn more about Monodox.

Rosacea 1 reviews 96 medications

Cholera 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ehrlichiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Enterocolitis 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Neurologic 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syphilis, Early 0 reviews 52 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syphilis, Latent 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tertiary Syphilis 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection 0 reviews 133 medications Not rated - Be the first
Urinary Tract Infection 0 reviews 157 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Monodox reviews 27 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Monodox

Review by jaellidia: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I am 25 years old and I have always have had acne. I am one of the people that have tried everything under the sun; proactive, herbal, expensive top of the line products and acupuncture until I decided to speak to my wonderful dermatologist. He has prescribed me 100 Monodox twice a day along with Epiduo and it has worked wonders, no side effects. I've been on this routine for about two and a half months. My skin has NEVER been clear until now. It has been since lately that the Monodox has caused my to be nauseous when I take it in the morning. Since I am not a big breakfast person I found that I must take it with a GOOD meal and the nausea has not come back.

February 25, 2014 2:09 PM
Review by Bunny74 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: It made me nauseous, but not too bad. I love this medicine. Cleared up my cystic pimples within days. I'm also on tretinoin cream which my insurance also pays. My dermatologist is amazing for recommending both. I get compliments that my face is flawless. It feels great! You will get little flare ups here and there don't give up, give the medicine a chance it will work. I recommend it!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2014 10:29 AM
Review by CincyDeb (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Rosacea: I developed Rosacea when I was pregnant with my first child (at age 39). I never had skin issues before, even as a teenager. I finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Papulopustular Rosacea (acne plus redness). My doctor prescribed Monodox and it has worked WONDERS! Within a week, almost all the pimples/bumps were gone. GONE! I only hope that once I finish up the medication (60 days), it won't all come back. The downside is the cost. Thankfully, my doctor gave me a discount card from the manufacturer that allows me to buy it for $10 per month. Otherwise, it was $225 for 60 day supply.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 16, 2014 2:19 PM
Review by Ambuler: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: Day 3 of Monodox: my acne is starting to clear up. I'm on 75mg 1x a day. Sinus stuffiness/drainage, diahrrhea, muscle weakness, and a headache when I run too hard. I've read really good things about this medicine, that's why I opted to fill my prescription. SUPER EXPENSIVE without insurance and a discount card my Dr gave me. Hope the side effects subside.

April 7, 2013 9:50 AM
Review by drh1204: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I am 43 and have been taking Monodox for a few weeks. It is working great with no side effects. Solodyn also worked great for me but had so many side effects that I had to stop taking it. I am also using a topical with retinal. In my 20's I took Accutane which worked for about 10 years. Started getting cystic acne again in my late 30's. I am very pleased with this medicine.

February 19, 2013 8:01 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: Have been on it for a month, age 26. Also use Retin-A and Acyanya. Works very well. Very happy with results. No side effects.

January 9, 2013 1:03 PM
Review by Emmmm (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: Unfortunately. This Medication really took a turn for the worse on my acne. I was on it for only 7 weeks but I couldn't handle getting nauseous and bad acne anymore. It made my skin more red and I was taking it with Acanya the topical cream. My skin just wasn't accepting the antibiotic which was sad because it had such great reviews. If you are taking it, take it with food. I missed one meal and needed to take it and I was sick for hours and ever since every time I took it, I would get even more nauseous. You win some, you lose some.

December 12, 2012 6:39 PM
Review by Natalie_Grains (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: It was fine at first, but about halfway through the month it gave me intense nausea, so bad I couldn't go to work or even stand up without throwing up/dry heaving. It wasn't even great for my acne. It stopped a little bit of my acne (bad flareups) but I still had constant pimples all over my chin. At pretty much the same rate as I'd had before.

November 13, 2012 11:06 AM
Review by Samson37: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I started taking Monodox four days ago, and I already can see a difference. I am 26 years old and I didn't have acne on my teenage years, none! About a year ago I started breaking out more and more, I thought it was stress, then my nutrition, then an allergy, I tried everything you can imagine from homemade remedies to recently I bought the Murad acne kit, which helped a little bit. I did facial and it made it worse, so I decided to visit a dermatologist and he gave me Monodox and Atralin for night time and aczone for morning. So far I haven't broken out and I hope this really helps.

October 22, 2012 5:21 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I had terrible acne this summer. But now I take Monodox twice a day as soon as I wake up then I take the second pill after I workout in the evening. It has never made me nauseous as it has others. And I get nauseous from vitamins. So I'm shocked that Monodox doesn't make me sick. The only side effect I experience is more frequent trips to the bathroom. My skin is currently pimple free...now to just conquer the acne scars!

August 17, 2012 12:09 PM
Review by Monodox for the Win: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: Monodox is awesome. Not only did it only cost $10 with their savings card but also works so well. I had taken Doryx before but couldn't tolerate it at all! I got a rash and extreme nausea (150mg) but now I started taking 100mg of Monodox in the evening with dinner and not only do I not have the rash or nausea but I also don't have the photosensitivity. Plus the Doryx pill was HUGE. These capsules are so small and easy to swallow. If you take the Monodox 75mg you can either spread the dosing or take it all at once, whatever works best for you. But for me the 100mg is perfect. I should note I also started using Ziana at night as I couldn't tolerate any of the benzoyl peroxide topicals. And starting tonight I will also add Aczone as a primer.

June 27, 2012 7:01 PM
Review by lissschell: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I am 18 years old and before Monodox I was on Minocycline for almost two years and it worked tremendously until about two months ago. My old breakouts came back much stronger and my dermatologist said that I had gained tolerance for the medicine. I continue to use benzaclin but I am now using Monodox. It seemed to work well at first although the doctor told me it would take about 3 weeks. I just finished my second week. Although I do still have breakouts, certain spots on my face feel very clean and have healing acne scars. Hopefully the rest of the breakout will clear up in this coming week but otherwise I have not experienced any side effects mentioned such as nausea or dizziness.

December 15, 2011 4:57 PM
Review by elliiiiiie:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I began do get acne flare ups in the summer of 2010, it did not bother me much then. When I noticed that it did not go away after months I started using drugstore cleansers, went to 3 different dermatologists; two of which could not do anything for me, and even caved into the Proactive scheme. In the beginning of October I was prescribed Monodox by my new dermatologist, and in the first 2 weeks it started working, by the end of the month my skin was almost clear of blemishes but with many scars left. I'm currently finishing my 2nd month and I'm happy to say I have only one active Comodone...hooray.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 12, 2011 12:45 PM
Review by Ruki: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I have been taking Monodox for around a month along with Duac gel (5% bp, 1% clindamycin) at night and Atralin (0.05% tretinoin) gel in the morning. While I can say that this antibiotic is definitely working, I have one complaint. My skin is seriously oily now. SERIOUSLY oily. I mean, I need to use around 3 oil absorbing sheets a day. I've gone through 3 or 4 packs of oil sheets. But, this works. It really has helped to eliminate large pimples. Occasionally a large one will occur, but it's usually now smaller red specks or an occasional white head. I am told in another month I can see more results, and I hope that it happens, because if it does, my skin will be clear!

December 3, 2011 4:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I have been taking Monodox with Epiduo (a topical acne creme) for a little less than a month and it has helped clear up most of my big pimples but I have not seen much improvement in the small under the skin bumps. I expected to see better results by now but I am trying to be patient and give it a few months to work before I completely write it off.

November 12, 2011 10:44 PM
Review by leven: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I have been on Monodox for a little under a month. I take it at night with my dinner and I use a topical medication before bed. My skin has definitely improved although not to the point where I feel like I don't need makeup. Any large or cystic pimples are gone, and I haven't gotten any since, but I do have some mild scarring left that hopefully will go away. I am still suffering from small under the skin white heads that are on my forehead and right cheek, although they have lessened in the number of them there are still plenty left.

October 16, 2011 10:10 PM
Review by theJayMan: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I am 18 and was prescribed Monodox with a topical creme "Veltin" and have been on them for almost a week. So far I have seen small improvements and I will post another update either when it completely clears or at the end of the month. One thing is for sure though is that it works 10x better than anything else. After I take the medicine (Around dinner time) I can feel my pores clearing up. By the way I have what is called "Moderate or Mild Cystic Acne. Hope this helps and thanks for all that have posted already!

October 10, 2011 6:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I have been taking Monodox now for about a month. It does help a lot with pimples but I still get cystic acne. I have been getting extremely nauseous every time I take it, and that seems to be getting worse the longer I've been on the medication. I do take it with food and that doesn't seem to help. My doctor told me to take both at the same time but I was wondering if taking only one at a time would that reduce the nausea or just make me feel that way twice. I do like the medication but my nausea is debilitating for almost half an hour which isn't helpful in my work day at all.

October 6, 2011 7:29 AM
Review by lizabeth_lee: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I'm taking Monodox and using Tretinoin. I've only been using both for a week now, but I can say I'm already seeing improvements. I had initial breakouts which is normal and I used to get really nauseous and throw up from taking Monodox, BUT I guess I completely forgot that my dermatologist told me to take Monodox with food. Trust me, that makes a world of a difference. I'm really excited to see where my skin is going to be in a few weeks, because my acne is really clearing up and all that's left are the red spots. REMEMBER: take it with food

June 17, 2011 12:39 PM
Review by shellli: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I was prescribed Monodox at the age of 39. I never had acne. I had a partial hysterectomy months back and since then I have had several changes going on. My skin has been extremely oily and I was getting a new pimple every day. One would clear up and another would pop up on my face. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed this medication. He said for some people it may take up to 2 months to see any kind of result. It was working for me within a week. It is true, if taken in the morning on an empty stomach it does cause nausea. I am so happy, my skin looks awesome. It has been just 1 month, and I have had completely clear skin since week 1.

June 1, 2011 10:34 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I have acne and I used this product. Monodox did not clear my acne, however it did keep it from flaring and becoming worse. I am no longer using this medication, but I guess my experience was okay.

April 28, 2011 2:59 AM

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: Monodox is a great thing to take when you have acne. You are supposed to take it once in the morning and one in the afternoon. This really does work for me... it's been 4 days and my skin is really clear. Also I wash my face twice a day. I've seen major improvements in my skin. I have a feeling I'm going to be acne free sooner then I thought.

April 1, 2011 7:00 PM

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I had pimples in my head and taking the Monodox cleared that problem.

January 18, 2011 11:35 AM
Review by DDbouble: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I took Monodox for 4 days and I had to stop because it made me so nauseous. One night I actually threw up. I don't know if it was because I take birth control too, but either way it's not something I would do again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 13, 2010 5:40 PM
Review by walker1026: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I have been taking Monodox now for 2 weeks and have seen amazing results. While it's not completely clear yet I have seen fast results the first week my face was really dried out but after a while it got better. I do feel sick to my stomach when I take it though, especially in the morning so I take it around noon and I have to eat something. But the results are worth it. The dermatologist also prescribed me with a morning cream called Benzaclin and a night cream Atralin. I believe together the creams and medicine are clearing my skin. After having it since I was 13 it would be nice to have clear skin.

March 23, 2010 3:42 PM