User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, Morgidox, ...show all 24 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Doxycycline Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 383 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Doxycycline to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"I suffer from an eye inflamation disorder, and am on doxy for life, so when i had a UTI recently I just upped the dosage - Thought I would share a few of the more common side effects with you. 1st is Nausea - if you shock your system with it (Doxy is a VERY powerful broad spectrum antibiotic) by taking too much too quickly you are likely to get lightheaded and nauseous about an hour after taking it - symptoms persist for another hour or so, and then goes away - best bet is spread it out but with a lower dose - 50mg 4 x a day is just as effective as 100mg twice a day, but causes MUCH fewer symptoms. Secondly - this WILL destroy your natural gastrointestinal flaura and after 3 days or so you will get looser stools and your gas will be BAD"

svensoni March 28, 2016

"I went to my ER with severe abdominal pain and found out it was a UTI, Dr prescribed doxycycline 100mg 2x a day and I have only taken two pills, in addition to what I took before I was discharged, the first time I took with food (sausage and mac and cheese) and I was puking and had a headache which I took advil for, second time without food and I still puked. Stopping this med and getting switched asap!!"

Utidrama (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

"I recently found out I have a urinary infection, I went to the doctors and they prescribed me this medication and within the first day I could already tell results!!! It was absolutely amazing."

Country12 August 30, 2015

"I had a severe urinary tract infection and walking pneumonia and doxycycline saved my life. I had 8 seizures back to back due to the serious infections and they tried keflex 1st but it did not work. Doxycycline is awesome and I'm alive today because of it!"

richyzbride2010 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2013

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was prescribed 100mg/2x a day for 7 days to treat a pelvic pain/UTI. It worked, but a couple of days later the UTI returned. The doctor prescribed a second week of 100mg/2x a day for an additional week, during that week, I experienced fever, chills, severe headache, confusion, major nausea and vomited twice. I went to Urgent Care tonight, because it feels like a pill has been stuck burning my throat for 3 days. The Urgent Care doctor acknowledged swollen glands, and raw, bright-red throat, and tested for mono and strep-both tests came back negative. So now I'm home, still in pain, without any answers, just a large medical bill. If you must take doxy, be aware of the possible side effects. I"

Pain in the p-whole (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2013

"I have a severe urinary tract infection, which has also affected my left kidney. Although this medicine makes me sick every time I take it, its in my system long enough to keep in there. It is the worst medicine to ever have to take, but I have to say it is probably doing its job! I still have 4 days of it left, wish me luck, but I would recommend this to anyone who has a serious infection. I have been on 3 other medicines before this one, ciprofloxacin included, and none of them even touched it! It's worth the sickness sometimes for a healthier life!"

Collegegirl20 June 3, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Vibramycin (doxycycline): "Prescribed for both my urinary tract infection and sinus infection, at the same time. I am a vegan and am finding a bit difficult to time my dosage (2 a day) around other medicines and meals. I believe it is causing headaches and nausea. I have not vomited, but feel as if I could. In the middle of cycle of prescription- hope I can tolerate the remainder. "

db (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2013

Vibramycin (doxycycline): "Much more effective than Cipro."

Anonymous December 18, 2009

Doryx (doxycycline): "Took a ten day dosage for urethritis (similar to UTI) and it did not cure it - though some symptoms went away. My friend also had it, though, and it worked fine for him. I recently changed to Ciprofloxacin, so hopefully that will have better results."

Anonymous October 15, 2009

"This medicine helped my severe urinary tract infection after taking one treatment for 10 days. Before taking this medicine I was on cipro and sulfate antibiotics to treat my urinary tract infection, 4 times without success."

Anonymous March 23, 2009

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had an infection inside my penis and it worked very well to clear it all up."

PTguy1977 August 6, 2008

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate