User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Monodox, Morgidox, Ocudox, Oracea, ...show all 20 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Doxycycline review summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 304 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Doxycycline to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by richyzbride2010 (taken for less than 1 month):

I had a severe urinary tract infection and walking pneumonia and doxycycline saved my life. I had 8 seizures back to back due to the serious infections and they tried keflex 1st but it did not work. Doxycycline is awesome and I'm alive today because of it!

August 28, 2013 11:49 AM

Review by Pain in the p-whole (taken for less than 1 month):

I was prescribed 100mg/2x a day for 7 days to treat a pelvic pain/UTI. It worked, but a couple of days later the UTI returned. The doctor prescribed a second week of 100mg/2x a day for an additional week, during that week, I experienced fever, chills, severe headache, confusion, major nausea and vomited twice. I went to Urgent Care tonight, because it feels like a pill has been stuck burning my throat for 3 days. The Urgent Care doctor acknowledged swollen glands, and raw, bright-red throat, and tested for mono and strep-both tests came back negative. So now I'm home, still in pain, without any answers, just a large medical bill. If you must take doxy, be aware of the possible side effects. I

June 7, 2013 1:28 AM

Review by Collegegirl20:

I have a severe urinary tract infection, which has also affected my left kidney. Although this medicine makes me sick every time I take it, its in my system long enough to keep in there. It is the worst medicine to ever have to take, but I have to say it is probably doing its job! I still have 4 days of it left, wish me luck, but I would recommend this to anyone who has a serious infection. I have been on 3 other medicines before this one, ciprofloxacin included, and none of them even touched it! It's worth the sickness sometimes for a healthier life!

June 3, 2013 10:07 PM

Review by db (taken for less than 1 month):

Vibramycin (doxycycline): Prescribed for both my urinary tract infection and sinus infection, at the same time. I am a vegan and am finding a bit difficult to time my dosage (2 a day) around other medicines and meals. I believe it is causing headaches and nausea. I have not vomited, but feel as if I could. In the middle of cycle of prescription- hope I can tolerate the remainder.

May 5, 2013 2:57 AM

Vibramycin (doxycycline): Much more effective than Cipro.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2009 5:06 PM

Doryx (doxycycline): Took a ten day dosage for urethritis (similar to UTI) and it did not cure it - though some symptoms went away. My friend also had it, though, and it worked fine for him. I recently changed to Ciprofloxacin, so hopefully that will have better results.

October 15, 2009 3:16 AM

This medicine helped my severe urinary tract infection after taking one treatment for 10 days. Before taking this medicine I was on cipro and sulfate antibiotics to treat my urinary tract infection, 4 times without success.

March 23, 2009 3:25 PM

Review by PTguy1977:

I had an infection inside my penis and it worked very well to clear it all up.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2008 8:58 PM