User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Monodox, Morgidox, Ocudox, ...show all 21 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Doxycycline review summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1066 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Doxycycline to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Review by LisaK1971:

I've been taking Doxycycline for a few days now for bronchitis/pneumonia. I take it twice a day. The dose in the morning makes me nauseous and I vomited once. Other than the extreme list of interactions with food and other medications, I would take it again for my illness. It's potent and so far seems to be clearing up my lungs and sinuses!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2014 7:55 AM

Review by Labsonqu:

The medicine works but comes with a price of bad side effects. Severe nausea and my gums ached really bad for some reason. The nausea I only had when I would take in the morning on an empty stomach and lasted for about an hour or two after that I would be fine. At night before bed no problems. Took about 3 days before I started feeling better.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2013 1:43 PM

Review by CabinMan:

After being on Doxycycline for 4 days my lungs were clearing up from the upper respiratory infection, but also started getting the severe nausea and vomitting. I followed the directions to the latter. I had to call my doctor & get switched to a different medicine.

April 6, 2013 2:27 PM

Doxycycline made me extrememely ill with constant head pains. I was not able to sleep because of the inability to lay my head down.

January 11, 2011 9:59 AM

Review by v_crutchfield:

Doryx (doxycycline): Great for COPD patients.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2010 2:16 PM

Review by Denise P:

I've been on Doxy for about four days, and the nausea is horrible. Today I had to leave my final exam because I was afraid I'd vomit. It's been that way since the first time I took it. I tried not eating with it, since that's what the bottle instructs, but the nausea isn't so bad if I eat. I have noticed improvements though. I'd had a bad respiratory infection for months but didn't know what it was. Finally got diagnosed and got this, and now I don't feel like death, but I do have a horrible headache. Didn't realize it could have been a side effect of it, but that makes sense now. Basically, it's a good cure for the respiratory infection, but the side effects are bad. On a side note, it'll be cool to see what it does with my mild acne.

December 12, 2009 12:41 AM

Review by dinman:

This antibotic worked great. It cleared my lungs that was suffering for two years, as a result of getting a infection off a breathing test machine. Took other antibiotic only add a prolong and other things to it then it got so bad the Veteran Admin put me on the doxycycline. A drug that I will always request for Bone, lung, and other conditions.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2009 7:46 PM