User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Monodox, Morgidox, NicAzel Doxy, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Doxycycline Review Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 973 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Doxycycline to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

"I went to the doctors on Monday with a chest infection and he prescribed me with doxycycline and I told him that I have asthma. On day 3 and had to go back to get different antibotics due to the severe chest pain which stopped me from eating and drinking. Doctor switched me to amoxicillian for a week. On the other hand it seems my chest infection is starting to clear up. Wouldn't take again unless necessary"

Toby1106 May 1, 2015

"Fought off a sinus infection that went into my chest and turned into bronchitis. I absolutely hate taking antibiotics, but after a couple months with a bad cough, which was actually starting to go away, I developed pleurisy. I had decided I would have to go see the Doc. He prescribed me this and an anti-inflammatory. It started working on the second day and by day seven it was gone. I did not have any side effects. I had never taken this before, so might be why it worked so fast because I thought the pain was going to kill me."

23450trf87wfto3iquhy4 (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

"Into my fourth doze (100mg) took it with cold tea and shortly after felt sick for a while. I previously took it with a large glass of water and along with a meal had no symptoms. Do what the notes tell you to do take with a meal and don't lie down but keep active and all will be fine."

Donaldsmithy March 26, 2015

"Worked great for my upper respiratory infection. My doctor gave me a prescription of Zofran and I took that first and waited about ten minutes before taking the antibiotic. It solved the nausea/vomiting side effect."

Sly1971 January 20, 2015

"I've been taking Doxycycline for a few days now for bronchitis/pneumonia. I take it twice a day. The dose in the morning makes me nauseous and I vomited once. Other than the extreme list of interactions with food and other medications, I would take it again for my illness. It's potent and so far seems to be clearing up my lungs and sinuses!"

LisaK1971 October 13, 2014

"The medicine works but comes with a price of bad side effects. Severe nausea and my gums ached really bad for some reason. The nausea I only had when I would take in the morning on an empty stomach and lasted for about an hour or two after that I would be fine. At night before bed no problems. Took about 3 days before I started feeling better."

Labsonqu December 12, 2013

"After being on Doxycycline for 4 days my lungs were clearing up from the upper respiratory infection, but also started getting the severe nausea and vomitting. I followed the directions to the latter. I had to call my doctor & get switched to a different medicine."

CabinMan April 6, 2013

"Doxycycline made me extrememely ill with constant head pains. I was not able to sleep because of the inability to lay my head down."

Anonymous January 11, 2011

Doryx (doxycycline): "Great for COPD patients."

v_crutchfield March 3, 2010

"I've been on Doxy for about four days, and the nausea is horrible. Today I had to leave my final exam because I was afraid I'd vomit. It's been that way since the first time I took it. I tried not eating with it, since that's what the bottle instructs, but the nausea isn't so bad if I eat. I have noticed improvements though. I'd had a bad respiratory infection for months but didn't know what it was. Finally got diagnosed and got this, and now I don't feel like death, but I do have a horrible headache. Didn't realize it could have been a side effect of it, but that makes sense now. Basically, it's a good cure for the respiratory infection, but the side effects are bad. On a side note, it'll be cool to see what it does with my mild acne."

Denise P December 12, 2009

"This antibotic worked great. It cleared my lungs that was suffering for two years, as a result of getting a infection off a breathing test machine. Took other antibiotic only add a prolong and other things to it then it got so bad the Veteran Admin put me on the doxycycline. A drug that I will always request for Bone, lung, and other conditions. "

dinman October 28, 2009

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Upper Respiratory Tract Infection