User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Monodox, Morgidox, Ocudox, ...show all 21 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Doxycycline review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Doxycycline to treat Bronchitis

Review by nilla (taken for less than 1 month):

My pulmonary Doctor ordered this (Doxycycline) for me after being treated at home, for a few months and then I was placed in a hospital for 4 days and then in a rehab hospital for 2 weeks. I finally took my first dose of doxycycline and the next day, I knew I was going to get well. I remained in rehab for a total of 30 days with 2 times a day rehab. I know Doxycycline saved my life! I give Doxycyclne a 10. I had NO side effects...all GOOD EFFECTS!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 10:37 AM

Review by badger...:

Have been prescribed doxycycline for bronchitis, also have asthma and have been on Prednisone steroids along side the antibiotics. Side effects experienced: Increased urination, Slow urine flow, Severe Kidney Pain, Headaches, Stomach pain, Yeast infection (Male). Out of all the antibiotics ever in my system these have the worst side effects, the chest infection has passed in 5 days.

April 17, 2012 8:33 AM

Review by Boo Boo pink:

Very powerful. Works good for the infections but the side effects are cruel. For an hour and a half after I take it I have severe nausea, belching with it coming up, and stomach cramps.

July 3, 2011 10:41 PM

Review by doesnt like this drug all:

Vibramycin (doxycycline): Was prescribed doxycycline hcl for bronchitis. Have been taking for 3 days now and no change in symptoms. I still cough so hard my head throbs so bad I want to pull it off. My daughter was just diagnosed with viral pneumonia in both lobes of her Right lung, so maybe I don't actually have bronchitis.

January 12, 2011 1:42 AM

Review by Herr:

Extreme stomach discomfort and nausea as well as severe headaches and vaginal itch

October 4, 2009 6:03 PM