User Reviews for Doxy 100

Learn more about Doxy 100.

Chlamydia Infection 1 reviews 57 medications

Malaria 1 reviews 40 medications

Acne 4 reviews 518 medications

Lyme Disease, Neurologic 1 reviews 32 medications

Rosacea 1 reviews 101 medications

Lyme Disease 2 reviews 33 medications

Summary of Doxy 100 reviews 10 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Doxy 100

For Lyme Disease "Having contracted Lyme's disease, I was given a 2 week regimen of Doxycycline, only a day before I travelled to Cyprus on vacation. Being told by my physician that I should be careful with sunning, I stayed inside during the day, coming out in the evening. However, the heat alone ?? made me within two days break out with large, but not painful blisters on hands, fingers and toes. Sandals was then used as I could not get into my shoes. Calling my doctor, I was told to stop the treatment immediately, which I did. I took me three weeks to get rid of the blisters, but obviously I cannot rate the effectiveness of the medicine as I cut the use of the pills within the first week."

weinacht42 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection "Took twice a day for 7 days infection cleared up."

JoJoe (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2015

For Acne "My doctor prescribed Doxy for and put me on 100mg twice a day for 4 months. So far its 2 months and already there is very big improvement in that am confident with my face and every one is commenting on how flawless my skin is. "

SHAUMAN April 13, 2014

For Acne "I was a 48 y/o female with nodular acne. My pimples were painful, humiliatuing, embarrassing and just plain ugly. I had used every over the counter treatment there was. Once I was diagnosed with nodular acne (severe acne) my dermatologist prescribed Doxy 150mg. By using coupons, It is affordable. I am 52 now and I continue to use Doxy 50 a day at this time. My thought is A CLEAR FACE IS PRICELESS. No more pockets of puss or inflammation on my face."

clear skin in Atlanta Ga. January 30, 2014

For Malaria "I liked using the medicine as a prophylactic. I used it for a very long period of time. Four years or more with very few lapses at all. I just had to remember to take a daily pill and that was it. I took it for three trips in two years in a foreign country and three months before and after the trips. I took a six month, 11 month, and 9 month trip with only a six month and four month separation. I also took it during the lapses between trips since you should take it 90 days before the trip. I had no side effects during that period except that I did not get a cold very often. By the way, it was all at a high altitude since this was in Afghanistan."

janderson5789 July 30, 2013

For Lyme Disease, Neurologic "I was on Doxy for over 5 years because ever time I stopped it which you have to periodically, I felt so sick, confusion got worse, memory loss was HORRIBLE & all Lyme symptoms returned immediately. After 5 years my doctor said she could no longer give this to me due to the length I have been on it. It did help me while I was on it.I saw someone ask about a resurgence of Lyme symptoms that her daughter had, YES-ABSOLUTELY---the very first time I was placed on this the same issues happened to me & also if I was off it for more than 3 months to give my body a break it all started up again. I am still experienceing Lyme symptoms & always will, I was told I am at the best I will ever get. I am just grateful that I am no longer in a wheelchair..."

msciccone (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 17, 2012

For Acne "Doxy is amazing. If you stick to it for a while you will see results like you've never dreamed of. My skin looks GREAT and people compliment it all of the time. I hope it stays like this when I finish the last pill in 3 days. I took 100mg 2x a day for 3 months. Only drawback is the horrible nausea and vomiting I experienced when I didn't take it after or with a meal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2012

For Lyme Disease "Medicine was effective to a degree it ameliorated muscle pain, joint inflammation, and mild-to-severe headaches. Inflammation/rash in upper body area (predominantly on the back) occurred within a week of beginning three-week regimen--persisted until end of ingestion; though it faded in both discoloration and swelling, as well as itching, over time. Some blurred vision and intestinal discomfort occurred, but was not debilitating to any significant degree. While fatigue was lessened somewhat, it did not preclude a general feeling of somnambulism or sleepiness; which my physician says may persist for a few weeks or even months. Overall, I'd rate this as an effective medication against the Lyme Disease I developed."

White Eagle May 16, 2011

For Acne "This medicine is great. I have been using it for 2 months and my face is pretty much cleared. I don't have to worry about having extremely oily skin anymore either. I have experienced the nausea and vomited once, but that can be avoided if you take it immediately after a meal."

acne free after 13 years December 9, 2008

For Rosacea "This medication works so well that people actually commented on how clear my face was and how good my skin looked. I however, have concerns about long-term use of an antibiotic."

joolie1 November 10, 2008

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate