User Reviews for Doxepin

Also known as: Adapin, Silenor, Sinequan

Learn more about Doxepin.

Doxepin review summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 137 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Doxepin to treat Depression

I have been taking doxepin at 25mg for about a month for depression, chronic pain and anxiety. All was somewhat fine, no side effects. To get the medicine working better, my doctor raised my dose to 50mg about 2wks ago. I am very happy so far.

April 28, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by fayfaith (taken for 10 years or more):

I've been taking Doxepin & Xanax and Zoloft for over 20 years, for depression/anxiety/panic attacks and insomnia. All three medicines work but only one has lasted, Doxepin. The other two I had no choice but to stop taking. I ended up with serious breathing problems. Zoloft several years after taking, subsided and then worse years later and Xanax after about a decade or so. Doxepin has done very well with all my conditions throughout the years with no serious problems. IT WORKS.

October 13, 2013 1:11 PM

Review by Insomniac1985 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been diagnosed with chronic insomnia and general anxiety for 9 years. I also suffer from depression, but refuse to be medicated directly for it (specifically SSRI's) after dealing with Paxil and the horrible withdrawal I experienced 8 years ago. So recently I was prescribed 30mg Doxepin in addition to my Zolpidem (Ambien) for my insomnia. My insomnia has slightly improved, but more pronounced has been the reduction in both occurrence and severity of my anxiety (within the first week) and depression (after about 3-4 weeks). It's been about 6 weeks since I started the doxepin and haven't noticed any negative side effects besides some dry mouth/eyes, which is far outweighed by the benefits I've received.

February 27, 2013 2:09 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started taking Doxepin for depression and insomnia. It seems to work good for both. I have not experienced any side effects so far.I had been taking Zoloft for depression and felt like a robot, no feelings at all. I take 2, 10mg at night about an hour before I'm ready to go to sleep. If I don't go to sleep, I take 1 more. So far I'm happy with the medicine as it works for depression and insomnia.

July 12, 2012 11:35 PM

Review by mitcore:

Sinequan (doxepin): Worked really well. I suffer from chronic insomnia as well and found it worked well on the depression and the insomnia.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2008 4:24 AM