User Reviews for Doxepin

Also known as: Adapin, Silenor, Sinequan

Learn more about Doxepin.

Reviews for Doxepin to treat Anxiety

Review by maddieI (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

doxepin: I have been on Doxepin and Xanax for 28 years, I take 150 mg doxepin at night and 1 Xanax at night 1mg. My doctor has me taking no more than five Xanax a day. I am starting to get more and more panic attacks during the day but I don't want to take more than 4 of the Xanax.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 26, 2014 7:46 PM
Review by speedy501:

doxepin: Yes, Doxepin mixed with Zanax is a nightmare. Too many adverse reactions......increased anxiety, severe agitation and frustration. It's like nothing can go quick enough for you.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2014 12:42 AM
Review by Nickynickname: User Rating:

doxepin: Psych keeps trying to replace Klonopin and Ambien with doxepin. It is very dose dependent. Prescribed 50mg but take 10mg, splitting capsules. Great sleep helps with anxiety next day but sedating. Non habit forming - no real "good" feeling. Took last night worked great for sleep and anxiety. Will see how today goes.

June 8, 2013 9:14 AM

doxepin: I have been taking Doxepin for 26 years to treat depression and acute anxiety. It has worked well and enabled me to feel normal and lead a normal life. Recently though it has stopped working as well and I am having panic attacks and anxiety again. I think I have become immune to to it because of taking it for so long. Would like to switch to a newer drug but my doctor is not keen to swap me.

May 2, 2010 10:34 AM

doxepin: I mixed Doxepin with Xanax and was horrible. Had very bad side effects. Please be careful - do not mix this with anything unless you know what you are doing. Works well to sleep.

March 26, 2010 4:34 PM