User Reviews for Tivicay

Learn more about Tivicay.

HIV Infection 4 reviews 66 medications

Summary of Tivicay reviews 4 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Tivicay

Review by James42yearsold2014:

For HIV Infection: I've been on Tivicay for about 5 months now. I have more energy and no common side effects except for two very important ones to me. The first one is the "wasted look" on my face. I began to notice this a about month a go. My cheeks have becomes more hollow, I'm terrified to think what they'll look like a year or two from now. I just don't want to be prejudice against for having HIV. The second problem is my liver. My recent blood test showns that it's 50% above normal. I don't drink, smoke, I don't know what to do now. I don't want to end up having to go to dialysis weekly.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2014 1:05 AM

Review by Speed of Light (taken for less than 1 month):

For HIV Infection: I have been on Tivicay for close to 4 weeks now. I was previously taking Atripla for about 5 years and we switched to Tivicay. I have not been feeling so well on this. I experience headaches frequently, faintness, and moments of memory loss. I am switching this medicine as soon as possible

September 22, 2014 10:48 PM

Review by TampaGuy1000 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: Started to Tivicay and Epzicom on May 6th. Viral load was 200,000 and CD4 was 208. After 6 weeks my viral load was 367 and CD4 was 337. Doctor said it was working very well and I don't have to go back for Labs until September. The first 2-3 weeks were pretty rough with diarrhea, headaches and very low energy, but I'm feeling a bit better now. I was freaked out that the test did not come back as undetectable, but I asked my expert doctors and they said my results have been superb so far. I think people get hung up on being undetectable very quickly. If you start with a high viral load above say 100,000 it can take a few months to reach undetectable.

July 15, 2014 8:10 AM

Review by LadyDocNC (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For HIV Infection: Better option for my patients that cannot take STRs or for those patients that I would not start on STRs due to potential issues with compliance, easy to add to either NRTIS regimen, once daily is better for compliance

October 23, 2013 4:13 PM