User Reviews for Tivicay

Learn more about Tivicay.

Reviews for Tivicay to treat HIV Infection

"Though highly effective on what it needs to do, the side effects for me were not worth taking this medication. I'm a non-smoker, non-drinker, no drugs and eat healthy with regular exercise. Before taking this (in combination with Truvada) I was bursting with energy and in the course of six months it seriously took the life and joy out of me. Waking up unrefreshed and feeling numb and exhausted and snappy. Been off Tivicay for a few days now and started Stribild. Feel so much better, happier and energetic."

Sandor82 April 11, 2015

"I've been on Tivicay for about 5 months now. I have more energy and no common side effects except for two very important ones to me. The first one is the "wasted look" on my face. I began to notice this a about month a go. My cheeks have becomes more hollow, I'm terrified to think what they'll look like a year or two from now. I just don't want to be prejudice against for having HIV. The second problem is my liver. My recent blood test showns that it's 50% above normal. I don't drink, smoke, I don't know what to do now. I don't want to end up having to go to dialysis weekly."

James42yearsold2014 October 31, 2014

"I have been on Tivicay for close to 4 weeks now. I was previously taking Atripla for about 5 years and we switched to Tivicay. I have not been feeling so well on this. I experience headaches frequently, faintness, and moments of memory loss. I am switching this medicine as soon as possible"

Speed of Light (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

"Started to Tivicay and Epzicom on May 6th. Viral load was 200,000 and CD4 was 208. After 6 weeks my viral load was 367 and CD4 was 337. Doctor said it was working very well and I don't have to go back for Labs until September. The first 2-3 weeks were pretty rough with diarrhea, headaches and very low energy, but I'm feeling a bit better now. I was freaked out that the test did not come back as undetectable, but I asked my expert doctors and they said my results have been superb so far. I think people get hung up on being undetectable very quickly. If you start with a high viral load above say 100,000 it can take a few months to reach undetectable."

TampaGuy1000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2014

"Better option for my patients that cannot take STRs or for those patients that I would not start on STRs due to potential issues with compliance, easy to add to either NRTIS regimen, once daily is better for compliance"

LadyDocNC (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2013