User Reviews for Docusate

Also known as: Aqualax, Calcium Stool Softener, Calube, Colace, Colace Micro-Enema, Correctol Softgel Extra Gentle, D-S Caps, DC-240, Dialose, Diocto, Dioctocal, Dioctosoftez, Dioctyn, Dioeze, Dionex, Doc-Q-Lace, Docu, Docu Soft, Docucal, Doculase, Docuprene, Docusil, Docusoft S, DocuSol, DOK, DOS, Doss-Relief, DSS, Dulcolax Stool Softener, Enemeez Mini, Ex-Lax Stool Softener, Fleet Sof-Lax Stool Softener, Genasoft, Kao-Tin, Kaopectate Stool Softener, Kasof, Modane Soft, Octycine-100, Octycine-250, Pedia-Lax Liquid Stool Softener, Pedia-Lax Stool Softener, Phillips Stool Softener, Promolaxin, Regulax SS, Silace, Sulfalax Calcium, Sulfolax, Sur-Q-Lax, Surfak, Surfak Stool Softener, Therevac-SB, Vacuant

Learn more about Docusate.

Docusate review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 214 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Docusate to treat Constipation

Review by wanees: User Rating:

docusate: On first 5 days doses it was so effective, but gradually after the fifth day its effect totally decreased, now after a month it has no effect and I believe it causes more constipation. That also was reported from another person I know.

May 28, 2011 10:27 AM
Review by thissiteishelpful: User Rating:

Colace (docusate): Due to so many heart medications and other medications that I take, I have to be careful of anything OTC and Colace is so gentle. It doesn't ever cause cramping or discomfort. It literally does the job nicely. I recommend 100%, something I don't often do. You can take this without being nervous or afraid.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 31, 2011 2:44 PM
Review by Micfe: User Rating:

Ex-Lax Stool Softener (docusate): I've used Ex-lax several times to help me with constipation due to other medications. I use the one that tastes like chocolate. It's delicious and so easy to take, it's like eating a piece of chocolate. I don't give it a 10 because of the cramps. They're not that bad and I imagine is normal, but apart from that it works very well.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 10, 2010 2:05 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Colace (docusate): Helps stop the pain of feeling constipated, and my stool isn't runny.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 20, 2010 8:12 PM
Review by happy2bgina: User Rating:

docusate: I have been on opioid therapy, which causes constipation. My physician ordered me senna s, which is fiber based, with the s being a stimulant. I get cramps when I take the senna, but I don't with this docusate. It works well for me. My only concern is I can't find any information on extended use. I've been using it daily for about 2 weeks, and very thankful.

December 22, 2009 9:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Enemeez Mini (docusate): The only problem we experienced was the size of the tube. My wife was in a bad auto accident in 1962. Her pelvis was busted up among many other major injuries. She is confined to a wheelchair, so I have to administer the enema. The small size makes it a bit difficult to use but it works great!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate