User Reviews for Docusate

Also known as: Aqualax, Calcium Stool Softener, Calube, Colace, Colace Micro-Enema, Correctol Softgel Extra Gentle, D-S Caps, DC-240, Dialose, Diocto, Dioctocal, Dioctosoftez, Dioctyn, Dioeze, Dionex, ...show all 53 brand names

Learn more about Docusate.

Docusate Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 216 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Docusate to treat Constipation

"My wife who has Alzheimer's is trying this but is experiencing cramps at night and I suspect it is from this pill. It is softening the bowel motion but the cramping is a bit much, so will try something else. "

big Al pool May 14, 2014

"On first 5 days doses it was so effective, but gradually after the fifth day its effect totally decreased, now after a month it has no effect and I believe it causes more constipation. That also was reported from another person I know."

wanees May 28, 2011

Colace (docusate): "Due to so many heart medications and other medications that I take, I have to be careful of anything OTC and Colace is so gentle. It doesn't ever cause cramping or discomfort. It literally does the job nicely. I recommend 100%, something I don't often do. You can take this without being nervous or afraid."

thissiteishelpful January 31, 2011

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ex-Lax Stool Softener (docusate): "I've used Ex-lax several times to help me with constipation due to other medications. I use the one that tastes like chocolate. It's delicious and so easy to take, it's like eating a piece of chocolate. I don't give it a 10 because of the cramps. They're not that bad and I imagine is normal, but apart from that it works very well."

Micfe September 10, 2010

Colace (docusate): "Helps stop the pain of feeling constipated, and my stool isn't runny."

Anonymous May 20, 2010

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on opioid therapy, which causes constipation. My physician ordered me senna s, which is fiber based, with the s being a stimulant. I get cramps when I take the senna, but I don't with this docusate. It works well for me. My only concern is I can't find any information on extended use. I've been using it daily for about 2 weeks, and very thankful."

happy2bgina December 22, 2009

Enemeez Mini (docusate): "The only problem we experienced was the size of the tube. My wife was in a bad auto accident in 1962. Her pelvis was busted up among many other major injuries. She is confined to a wheelchair, so I have to administer the enema. The small size makes it a bit difficult to use but it works great!"

Anonymous August 6, 2009