User Reviews for Docusate

Also known as: Aqualax, Calcium Stool Softener, Calube, Colace, Colace Micro-Enema, Correctol Softgel Extra Gentle, D-S Caps, DC-240, Dialose, Diocto, Dioctocal, Dioctosoftez, Dioctyn, Dioeze, Dionex, ...show all 53 brand names

Learn more about Docusate.

Docusate review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 216 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Docusate to treat Constipation

Review by big Al pool:

My wife who has Alzheimer's is trying this but is experiencing cramps at night and I suspect it is from this pill. It is softening the bowel motion but the cramping is a bit much, so will try something else.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2014 2:46 PM

Review by wanees:

On first 5 days doses it was so effective, but gradually after the fifth day its effect totally decreased, now after a month it has no effect and I believe it causes more constipation. That also was reported from another person I know.

May 28, 2011 10:27 AM

Review by thissiteishelpful:

Colace (docusate): Due to so many heart medications and other medications that I take, I have to be careful of anything OTC and Colace is so gentle. It doesn't ever cause cramping or discomfort. It literally does the job nicely. I recommend 100%, something I don't often do. You can take this without being nervous or afraid.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2011 2:44 PM

Review by Micfe:

Ex-Lax Stool Softener (docusate): I've used Ex-lax several times to help me with constipation due to other medications. I use the one that tastes like chocolate. It's delicious and so easy to take, it's like eating a piece of chocolate. I don't give it a 10 because of the cramps. They're not that bad and I imagine is normal, but apart from that it works very well.

September 10, 2010 2:05 PM

Colace (docusate): Helps stop the pain of feeling constipated, and my stool isn't runny.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2010 8:12 PM

Review by happy2bgina:

I have been on opioid therapy, which causes constipation. My physician ordered me senna s, which is fiber based, with the s being a stimulant. I get cramps when I take the senna, but I don't with this docusate. It works well for me. My only concern is I can't find any information on extended use. I've been using it daily for about 2 weeks, and very thankful.

December 22, 2009 9:11 PM

Enemeez Mini (docusate): The only problem we experienced was the size of the tube. My wife was in a bad auto accident in 1962. Her pelvis was busted up among many other major injuries. She is confined to a wheelchair, so I have to administer the enema. The small size makes it a bit difficult to use but it works great!

August 6, 2009 5:47 PM