User Reviews for Benadryl Allergy

Learn more about Benadryl Allergy.

Benadryl Allergy Review Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 157 medications used in the treatment of Urticaria.

Reviews for Benadryl Allergy to treat Urticaria

"I have suffered with chronic uticaria for over 10 years and over the last 6 months it has become a daily nightmare. Benadryl worked a bit but it was probably due to the sedating effect allowing me to sleep. However, I can now take 4 tablets and still itch. I've combined this with an H2 blocker such as Zantac and it helps enough to be able to sleep a couple of hours and then I'm awoken to intense itching."

Tweet_WA (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 6, 2015

"Benadryl does knock me out but when I have bad hives, it works a lot better than other antihistamines. I get them bad enough sometimes that I have to be on prednisone as well."

Anonymous July 14, 2010

"I've been taking Benedryl Allergy every four hours today to try to get some relief from my hives, but it hasn't helped at all. The most relief I felt was during an oatmeal bath."

Anonymous December 6, 2009

"My 2 1/2 year old son took this because of Hives/Welts. It helped with the itching but thats it. It made him very hyper."

Lizelou September 16, 2009

"Benadryl made my 16yr old so sleepy that he had to be sent home from school but it did take away his hives."

margemccahon December 10, 2008