User Reviews for Tecfidera

Learn more about Tecfidera.

Multiple Sclerosis 15 reviews 86 medications

8.1
Summary of Tecfidera reviews 15 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Tecfidera

For Multiple Sclerosis "I have been taking Tecfidera for approximately one year and have had no flushing but it seemed to have taken fix months to begin its anti-inflammatory effect."

Lucky Mendez (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "I get flushing Every time I take this medicine. I was diagnosed March 2013 and this is the only thing I have been on. I SUCK at taking the pills and on the weekend I almost ALWAYS forget my morning dose, I pay for it every Monday with increased Flushing and incredible itching. I have not been on an injectable yet and this medication has the best statistics, minus the new PML concept which was NOT a thing when I started taking it. But once every two weeks HAS to be better than twice a day. But for now I will stick to it because I have not had a full relapse since I was diagnosed."

Shell Lynne (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2016

For Multiple Sclerosis "Darn, this didn't work for me. Been taking T for a month and the stomach pains and nausea are debilitating. There was no amount of OTC gastrointestinal aid that could help me. I was literally an acid bomb walking. I had blisters in my mouth and lips and was continuously in abdominal pain. Look forward to trying another pill."

Wiser (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "PML (Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy) side affect? My mother almost died from PML. After contracting the virus, she then contracted IRIS. She was on a feeding tube and had a week to live. It's a miracle she is still with us. She's still alive, but this 56 year old woman has spent the last three years relearning how to do basic life skills. She can barely walk or talk. She needs constant one on one care. There needs to be a better option for people with MS."

Anonymous October 24, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "This medication is truly amazing. I have been taking Tecfidera for over two years and have had no new flare ups, only mild symptoms of MS (tingling, slight numbness). Taking a pill is much better than injections that cause flu like symptoms. The only side effects I've experienced are flushing (which stopped for me after about a week, but comes back if I miss a dose) and occasional diarrhea, which is...inconvenient but manageable. I highly recommend to anyone with RRMS. Though expensive, but there are assistance programs . "

smcclure88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I have been on Tecfidera since Sept 2014 and it has made a big difference to me. Firstly, no injections, which I hated and it has helped control my symptoms better, as well as having the positive benefit of sorting out my eczema. Side effects - intermittent flushing and increased need to use the toilet/washroom. I am fortunate and very grateful that the drug is prescribed for me by NHS Scotland."

juli Tarwathie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 29, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "Drug seems to work well. I had the flushing bouts in the first month lasted all of 10 minutes This is the only drug I have been on since being diagnose in 11/14."

Thomasp July 24, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "Been on T. since May 2013. Was allergic to Copaxone so was on Rebif for years. Pill is so much better. Side effects of flushing, burning last only 10-15 minutes during the first month or two of starting the pill. Cold wash cloth and relaxing helps during the flushing. Working so well...no new lesions. I drink a lot of water and eat protein when I take the pill. Highly recommend trying!"

Reltub July 20, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I live in northern ireland i have been on tecfidera since 2014 first 2 months hot flushes itchness fine since then 1 of the best slow down tablet or injection every i hate needles super tablet wud recomend thank god i live in the uk as these tabs are FREE i just cudnt afford them "

Northern ireland July 8, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "This drug made me so sick with flu symptoms that my doctor agreed to stop it after only three weeks. My MS symptoms became debilitating and improved soon after stopping the medication."

Sandramast (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "I've been off and on this medicine since 4/2013 (not because of side effects, but because I had two babies). This is the only medicine that has effectively helped with my MS. I have had two MRI's and I have no new or enhancing lesions. The existing ones I did have, have healed. I had the side effects for the first month but eating a fatty meal and taking an aspirin decreases them. I have no side effects now and I've been back on since 10/14. Just make sure you get your white blood cell count tested every 3 months"

Sfl (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "No relapses. Extreme hair loss. Annoying flushing side effect BUT it working."

Lmarien February 17, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "First, it's not a shot! Second, side effects are easily controlled (eat something with some fat content, take allergy med and baby aspirin before taking Tecfidera). If side effect occurs (flushing) it goes away quickly (15 mins or less). I was on Rebif before, and changed to Tecfidera about a year ago. Have seen no lesion activity in last few years (MRIs)."

Alaska2015 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2015

For Multiple Sclerosis "It is my 1 st medication since diagnosed in 3/13. Just had my 14 month check up MRI, No new lesions. It is hard to adjust to for some people, but if you stick it out by month 3 it starts to get better."

Jennifer E September 27, 2014

For Multiple Sclerosis "Tecfidera has made sure I have not had any more lesions."

Donnakimes January 24, 2014