User Reviews for Diltiazem

Also known as: Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Cardizem Monovial, Cardizem SR, Cartia XT, Dilacor XR, Dilt-XR, Diltia XT, Diltiazem Hydrochloride CD, Diltiazem Hydrochloride SR, Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR, Diltiazem Hydrochloride XT, Diltzac, Matzim LA, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Diltiazem.

Diltiazem review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.

Reviews for Diltiazem to treat Atrial Fibrillation

Review by Cheesehead in Wisco:

I think this slows my heart rate down too much and causes the extra beats to be thrown in. I've found that when I'm at rest is when I have the issues. I've gotten a 2nd opinion and was switched to metoprolol. We'll see if that works better.

September 22, 2013 11:48 AM

Review by jarc (taken for less than 1 month):

Cardizem CD (diltiazem): I was happy with medication, as I did not have as many side effect, but on day 17 of taking it, I developed a rash on my stomach, next day chest and lower back, third day neck and face. It was the only thing I was doing differently, so I looked up its side effects. Rash was listed and could occur within 10 to 20 days. It is a Saturday, so as advised online I stopped the medication. I hope this a temporary condition, and I can begin again, or an alternative can be found.

July 27, 2013 3:05 PM

Review by Gene D. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am 60 years old and started taking diltiazem 240mg about 11/20/2012 along with Xarelto 20mg and Sotalol 80mg twice a day after being diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. On 12/21/2012, I had an electrocardioversion that did not cure the atrial fibrillation. Today (1/28/2013), I visited my Cardiologist and my pulse is down to the low 60's, my BP is normal and the irregular heartbeat is under control. He said to discontinue the Xarelto, but to continue with the Diltiazem and Sotalol. He is monitoring my heart for the next 24 hours.

January 28, 2013 12:26 PM

Diltiazem Hydrochloride CD (diltiazem): Excellent control of my atrial fibrillation. Significantly improved my quality of life.

March 25, 2012 7:48 PM

Review by RdenicolaJR:

Cartia XT (diltiazem): I really like this medicine. Take 180mg in the morning and one in evening. Really it is the right medicine for me. I am not tired at all, but make sure you take it everyday. I stopped for 2 days..felt really bad. I highly recommend this ...do not take any generics..pay the money for the real deal.

January 14, 2012 6:54 PM

Cardizem CD (diltiazem): Been on this for over 1 month. AF still happening nearly everyday. May last for 36 hours. I don't think it does any good. I'll see doctor in 12 days. Hope he has something else to try.

January 14, 2011 2:03 PM

Review by vivianlinda:

Cardizem (diltiazem): Taking it for many years with no adverse effects. It's been highly effective.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2010 10:09 PM

Review by TammyRi:

All I know is that it works.

September 8, 2009 1:39 PM

Cardizem CD (diltiazem): I have been on this medicine for two months. I have had one attack since I started. I do feel a little tired and weak but no other side effects.

September 4, 2009 3:42 PM

Cardizem LA (diltiazem): Helps my atrial fibrillation. Last ECG was normal.

August 24, 2009 1:45 PM

Review by photoqueen:

Cartia XT (diltiazem): I was on Cartia XT when they discontinued it. It is the ONLY drug that works for me. There was no warning from CVS either. I went into fibrillation. The doctor put me on four different drugs after that of which none worked. One was too hard and large to swallow, one had food dye and I am allergic, and one made my head ring terribly. Another one is on the way but it is twice a day. Since I also have fibromyalgia, I have to be extra careful.

August 10, 2009 11:33 PM

Review by karenwest1961:

Cardizem (diltiazem): The only drug that has worked to help me get my Atrial fibrillation under control.

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2009 7:53 PM

Cartia XT (diltiazem): I use Cartia XT for A-fibrillation. The only problem I ran into was using generics. CVS switched their provider and it did not work as well. 2 days of A-fibrillation and I went on the real deal. What a difference, everything is back to normal.

July 7, 2009 12:11 PM

Review by chrislikesliving:

Cartia XT (diltiazem): I am taking Cartia XT 240 MG for atrial fibrillation. It works and I have not noticed any other side effects other than being sleepy all of the morning. I take it at 6:30 am and usually could fall asleep without much prompting. However I'm not groggy and can concentrate fine. The heart is in rhythm and thats what counts.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2008 10:08 AM