User Reviews for Digoxin

Also known as: Cardoxin, Digitek, Digox, Lanoxicaps, Lanoxin

Learn more about Digoxin.

Atrial Fibrillation 5 reviews 34 medications

7.7
Heart Failure 2 reviews 112 medications

6.8
Summary of Digoxin reviews 7 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Digoxin

For Heart Failure: "I have been on digoxin for 25 years for congestive heart failure and atrial fibrillation, still going strong with no negative side effects."

gambrel (taken for 10 years or more) September 5, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation: "This medication saved my life. I had a heart rate that was so high it didn't register at the hospital. I am now going on 32, I took it every day for one year and have never had heart issues since."

Anonymous December 11, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation: "My 83 y.o. father was started on digoxin for atrial fibrillation. While it did great with controlling his heart rate it also caused him to have marked depression, anorexia and confusion. Thank heavens we went back to his PCP and they stopped it. "

Shericrc September 12, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation: "This drug has caused edema in the lower legs since I have been using it, very painful when I put a finger for pressure on my skin from the knees down to the feet. I am considering going off this medication."

jhopperyoung January 2, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Please, please, please, help educate patients and families about this medication. My father had been on it for a number of years and developed a toxicity this summer. He passed away within 2 weeks of my taking him to the ER for toxicity. WE had never been informed of things to watch for, he had been taken off of the medication, but then put back on it by mistake by medical professionals at the hospital, at double his previous dose. Reading all of this information available makes me very sad that we were not informed and should have been. Be as proactive as you can!"

kimshesays October 19, 2009

Lanoxicaps (digoxin) for Atrial Fibrillation: "This has been an excellent drug for my husband who has had an illeostomy since 1965 and then several years ago developed atrial fib. Because it metabilizes higher in the digestive tract, it was expecially good for someone without a colon. Unfortunately, Glaxo has decided to discontinue these capsules since Mar 2008. We are upset with them and cannot find an equivalent the metabalizes higher in the digestive tract."

Anonymous May 2, 2008

For Heart Failure: "It has improved my husband's life. His heart doesn't beat so weak or irregularly. Doctor says it is essential to his remaining heart muscle to beat strong & regular. Has lessened some of the chest discomfort. Only side effect noticed (at initial dose,) was the effect it had on his appetite. Initial dose was w/a.m. meds; but, went all day without eating a thing. I suggested taking w/p.m. dose. Cardiologist approved; works great. Now eats his 3 regulars daily and looks a lot better."

mpmizell March 15, 2008