User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac review summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 135 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Sciatica

Review by TerryP1957:

I was prescribed 50mg twice a day. I felt really good after 2 days. Went back to spin class (lightly) and light cycling. Then I felt good and did an elliptical. My Dr never told me to refrain from working out. After 26 years it's a hard habit to break. So I am in week 3. If I stand too long Sciatica returns. Some walks are good. He is doing this for 3 months. I hope it helps. I don't want cortisone injections.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2014 10:16 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Cataflam (diclofenac): This medicine worked great for many years however, after 6 years I had to get a new medications.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2014 11:01 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Voltaren (diclofenac): I have 4 lumbar disc's bulging how ever the l5sl is impinging on my nerve root, complete pain couldn't stand couldn't walk couldn't sit etc. I was in missesry. finally they put me on something other than ibprofen and it was Volteran genric! It took about 1 week to kick in and work but I honestly can say I take this in the am along with my muscle relaxer and gabepentin and I am pain free and gained back 6 hours of my life! IT only works for me so far for 6 hours and by the time I can take next dosages I am back in the worse pain ever, hopefully everyday I can gain a little bit more than 6 hours of my life back!!!!!!!!

November 2, 2013 2:58 PM

Review by wooo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am 25 with a actebular femoral impingement which has caused osteoarthritis, labral tears and a small hernia. Diclofenac has given me my life back.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 13, 2013 7:31 AM

Review by Tracee84 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have suffered with Sciatica since I was in a snowmachine accident when I was 15...that was 13 years ago. I just started on this medication this year and I can't beleive how wonderful it works. Instead of being bed ridden for 3-5 days, I can take this pill a bit before bed and I am 80% better in the morning.

October 12, 2012 4:34 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac): This medicine works pretty well, but in gel form it is messy and takes a long time to dry.

June 26, 2012 8:44 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac): This medicine gave me back my life. Finally pain free after twenty years of low back pain from car accident.

January 3, 2012 5:53 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac): Miracle medicine!

October 4, 2011 6:58 PM

Review by LBP:

I have had two lower back injuries in the past five years and both times was prescribed diclofenac. Sciatica usually lasts 10-14 days before complete relief.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2011 3:50 PM

Review by silverfox1944:

My sister had terrible side effects with this medicine. Rapid heartbeat, sweating, tingling arms and legs, itching, burning of her skin. She changed all laundry products and body soaps looking for relief.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2009 7:08 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac): Works for Osteoarthritis and sciatica.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2009 8:17 AM

Voltaren-XR (diclofenac): I thought it was a placebo until I tried not taking it. It is a miracle drug that worked for me in 2 doses.

May 10, 2009 7:38 PM

My GP tried me on several combinations of drugs combined with Ibuprofen over a 6 week period for Sciatica. Not until the Ibuprofen was substituted with Diclofenac did I get any signs of improvement. Taken with Omeprazole I have had no side effects.

March 18, 2009 1:55 PM