User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1832 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

Review by Bobby7619:

Zorvolex (diclofenac): Knee pain for years. This medicine has worked wonders. I have taken diclofenac before but never worked like this!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Voltaren (diclofenac): This works great.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 11:36 PM

Review by mi53 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zipsor (diclofenac): This is a fantastic medicine if you suffer from classic migraine with aura. I take it as soon as I feel a migraine coming, and Zipsor stops the migraine in 15 minutes (at the longest 30 mins). It does not leave me in a weird fog like Zomig or Imitrex. Zomig is a wonderful alternative to Triptans.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2014 9:27 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac): After suffering for 3 mo post op joint pain for a torn medial meniscus I was started on Voltaren pills and within 12 hours I was pain free and walked up stairs again-- a miracle! I had also developed plantar fasciitis in the opposite foot from hobbing and it immediately was gone also! I can tell after 12 hours when it is wearing off because the pain starts to return.

April 14, 2014 1:35 AM

Review by hottie112377 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Voltaren (diclofenac): I've been on Vicodin, Percocet, etc. My body doesn't react to those. I was diagnosed with a cervical strain and was put on this. Absolutely love it for muscle pain. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and this medicine is great. Also no side effects.

March 10, 2014 10:10 AM

Review by ColleenD76 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zorvolex (diclofenac): Noticed a big difference with the first dose. Most medicines have made no difference. Anxious to pick up my script for continued use until I have my hip replacement.

March 2, 2014 10:20 PM

Review by richard chongnee:

Voltaren (diclofenac): I've had this sharp pain in my lower back for 2 days. Within 2 mins of taking Voltaren the pain has absolutely gone away. This is definitely a wonder pill.

February 2, 2014 10:03 AM

Review by tai888:

Cataflam (diclofenac): I had pain behind my eyes, a headache, sore throat, and general joint pain. Took 1 tablet before a nap and woke up mostly pain free. No side effects as yet.

October 29, 2013 4:42 PM

Review by Babybull27:

Zipsor (diclofenac): I'm a pitcher and have had bursitis on my upper hamstring for months. It finally gave out and caused a lot of pain where I could barely sit down. My doctor gave me Zipsor and it was 90% better in 1 day. My teammates take a lot of things for pain but I got to say Zipsor has been the best to date.

October 8, 2013 1:02 PM

Review by joelline (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I'm a great fan of diclofenac. I have severe lumbar stenosis and osteoarthritis of the hips and knees, and could not function without some relief of the pain. Diclofenac does not relieve all of my pain, but it relieves 60-70 percent of it, or enough to allow me to have a life. For me it appears to be safe and effective. The only side -effect I've experienced is occasional mild constipation. I recommend it highly.

October 8, 2013 12:35 AM

Review by LTwa:

Zipsor (diclofenac): I have had both knees arthroscopic in the last year and half. I ended up reinjurying one knee and when this happened the other knee begins to swell and hurt because it is compensating for the injury knee. I found out I have Pesanserine bursitis, which is very painful especially going up stairs. I was beginning to shuffle from one room to another. I had two Zipsor left from a sample pack I got from the doctor. I try to hang on to them in case my pain got worse. Since my doctors office had not received any samples I ask if they could call in a prescription. I didn't care about the cost. Zipsor has helped the pain and swelling tremendously in my knees. Since I have arthritis in my knees I know this will be my go to as needed pain reliever.

August 30, 2013 2:33 AM

Review by Jenny Lou (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been having all over muscle and joint pain. I tried everything OTC and nothing helped. Saw a rheumatologist who prescribed diclofenac. The next day my pain was greatly diminished and I was able to use my left arm again! The itching I was experiencing before this medicine has intensified over the past week. Don't know if that's a side effect. I didn't take it at all today and the pain is unbearable. Calling doctor in the morning.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2013 2:48 AM

Review by texaspeeps (taken for less than 1 month):

Zipsor (diclofenac): I fell and broke the Radial head of my elbow (have never broken anything before and I am 45 yrs old). The doctor put me on Vicodin and it did nothing for that pain, UNTIL he gave me Zipsor, I was much much better in about an hour! The only side effect was that I was a little sleepy.

July 21, 2013 11:45 PM

Review by Gribouille (taken for less than 1 month):

Cataflam (diclofenac): A real life-saver for severe pain after multiple dental extractions. So far I have not noticed side effects except perhaps constipation. Takes effect about ten minutes after swallowing.

June 20, 2013 12:55 AM

Review by Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Voltaren (diclofenac): I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing.

June 16, 2013 6:58 PM

Review by Ramjett54 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zipsor (diclofenac): I take Zipsor for ankylosing spondylitis, I find it very effective, I recently had shingles was shocked the effect it had on the pain from the shingles.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2013 9:35 PM

Review by SJS1962 (taken for less than 1 month):

Had major back surgery (spinal fusion L1, L2, L3 vertebrae) in 2007 with little lasting effect on major pain. Pain was on a scale of 9. Have narcotics allergy, and medicines leave my body quicker than they can start working. Been in major pain since 2002 with little to no relief. Started taking diclofenac 75 mg twice a day, and pain threshold is now on scale of 2. This medicine has greatly increased my quality of life and, so far, have had no side effects.

March 3, 2013 10:26 AM

Review by dlaml:

Voltaren (diclofenac): I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)

February 18, 2013 4:57 PM

Review by Bloggsy:

Voltaren (diclofenac): Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective

February 8, 2013 11:41 PM

Review by Navy Veteran:

I experienced very high levels of pain in my upper back over the course of six months, with hand tremors and trouble swallowing. Muscle and joint pain followed. Tests for many conditions are negative, including rheumatoid arthritis, but we are still looking. Diclofenac was prescribed, and over the course of two weeks, the pain faded. I felt like a human being. I did not experience negative side effects. On the contrary, I did not suffer any of my standard migraines. Unfortunately, after 8 months, the VA hospital changed vendors and the new brand of Diclofenac was not effective. In the week following the change, I suffered all previous symptoms along with a migraine and upsurge in depression symptoms. Very frustrating. Still trying to sort it out.

January 31, 2013 8:02 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac): Got this after I strained a muscle or a nerve beneath my rib cage...was moaning and it hurt to breathe. Ran down to the pharmacy and got this over the counter. Absolutely no pain now with no noticeable side effects. Outstanding.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2012 10:36 AM

Review by styxgroupi:

Voltaren (diclofenac): Took care of L5 S1 back pain. But the nausea is awful.

April 6, 2012 8:09 PM

Review by luci123:

Zipsor (diclofenac): I was prescribed Zipsor for severe sciatica pain - it helped ease the pain some. After 2 days I then broke out in shingles - Zipsor helped this pain much more than the narcotic given to me. I haven't noted any side effects yet.

February 10, 2012 5:52 AM

Review by Justa HipChick:

Zipsor (diclofenac): I have dysplasia in both hips at 34. Need a PAO surgery on right hip and hip replacement on left, this has also caused sciatic problems from walking with a limp for so long. I have tried numerous pain medicines and although I did not have any noticeable side effects with the Zipsor, it did no more for me than taking 2 Aleves. Maybe because my pain is bone related with the addition of torn cartilage and nerve problems? Glad that it works so well for some. Anything to get off of narcotic medicines and the crutches pre-op would be nice! So, for me and my dysplasia Zipsor has not been the miracle I was hoping for.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2012 11:14 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac): I was prescribed this medication for joint pain and swelling in the elbows and feet. Took for 2 months. Last week my doctor had to take me off because I developed allergy to the medication with rash and low fever. Worked okay but not worth the allergic reaction.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate