User Reviews for Voltaren Gel (Page 3)

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Osteoarthritis 40 reviews 348 medications

8.4
Pain 73 reviews 1070 medications

7.8
Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 113 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

For Pain "I have been using Voltaren Gel for Osteoarthritis and just had a hip replacement. Although I have a chronic condition it has helped to relieve some of the constant pain I am in. Voltaren Gel makes my day much more tolerable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "I'm basically a very hard sell when it comes to taking ANY medicines, but pain is a great motivator. Oral NSAIDs have given me some minor distress in the past. A friend turned me on to Voltaren Gel . I used it on my knees, neck, and lower back. This is as close to a miracle as I have experienced in my 50 years of arthritis producing activities. The best part is that dosing is applied directly and only to the problem areas so consequently much less ends up in your system overall than if taken orally. Win. Win."

Anonymous April 18, 2012

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I tore some muscle and tendon in my hip/leg. Had to get an injection when initially hurt and then went 3 weeks trying to deal with the pain using ibuprofen and it didn't take it down to anything other than than a 4 on my pain scale. This is awesome. It's taken it down to a 0 and I can walk without pain and sleep without waking up constantly."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "Shortly after using Voltaren Gel, which did work on my pain, I started getting sores inside my mouth. After checking everything in my diet and realized the only difference was I started using Voltaren. I stopped and they went away within 2 days. I cannot say medically if it is a coincidence? Maybe if someone else gets it they will see this message."

Anonymous January 18, 2012

For Pain "I am happy with the Voltaren Gel. I have had 4 operations on my back. I have had metal put into my back to correct the bone structure and then had the metal taken out about 4 years later. I have been on the gel for about one year off and on as needed. It helps bring down the pain I experience on a bad day. It takes a little while to work but it gets me to sleep at night when the pain is really bad. I have degenerative joint/disc disease and also problems with my periformus muscle and this gel helps bring down the pain. I recommend it and only need to use it 2x a day as per the directions. I have made the mistake of using more than prescribed and found problems when I use too much so follow the directions."

The Mad Man January 9, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "I went to a fancy sports Dr. to no avail. The cortisone shot also didn't help shoulder pain but for a couple of months. I love this product..It has given life back to my arm. I can only use my arm without pain if I use this gel. I use it in the morning when I wake up. If I don't use the gel my shoulder and joints down to my elbow is impossible to deal with."

eliz1 December 19, 2011

For Pain "I have fibromyalgia with chronic fatigue syndrome, degenerative disc disease, a bulging disc in my lower back with arthritis of the face joints and in my hands. I hurt my back June 2010 and it is like everything that caused me pain started to feed off one another and my back was the last straw. I'm going to the chiropractor every 2 weeks. I had 3 epidurals in the space of about 3-4 months with no relief. I swapped pain management doctors and am now on 15mg of oxycodone every 6 hours, 4mg Zanaflex every 8 hours, 500mg of Naproxen every 12 hours, 40mg Celexa once a day and 600mg of Neurontin every 8 hours just to sort of be able to function. Was given a sample of Voltaren today and used it on my hands and back. Amazing! The pain is greatly diminished. Can't wait to try more."

HopefulInAlabama November 30, 2011

For Pain "I use the Voltaren gel for my back pain. I have herniated disc from L3 to L5 on both right and left with pinched nerve at S1 so I have very severe pain which radiates down the back of my legs. My doctor gave me the Voltaren gel to use and it has worked wonders for me."

backpain sufferer October 13, 2011

For Pain "I think it's probably a good product but not the right medicine for my condition. I have very inflamed painful bursitis under my scapula that throws all my muscles in my back/neck out of whack and creates a lot of transferred pain and problems for me. I was hoping this Voltaren gel my rheumatologist prescribed would help since the Celebrex and muscle relaxers alone are not doing the trick. But I do not detect any difference when I use it. However, I do occasionally get soreness in my left knee and when I tried it on that, it did seem to help."

smeggy September 11, 2011

For Pain "I have Fibromyalgia and it does help. Because fibromyalgia is a different sort of beast it helps some but does not knock it out. However, it reduces pain very quickly. Using more at one time or more frequently does not bring the pain down any more. It did not work that much on my wrists and hands where carpel tunnel is "suspected" but they are not certain what it is. Some other pain on hand and arm were helped but not overly so."

GoodStuff September 1, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "Wish I had a bathtub full of this medicine. "

Anonymous August 18, 2011

For Pain "I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Raynaud's Syndrome, and Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR). Since the 1950's I have suffered neck pain when doing a chore in one position for a long period of time. I have exercised on a regular basis for many years and in 2009 I injured my rotator cuff on a piece of gym equipment. After the physical therapy was finished I was experiencing sharp pain radiating from my shoulder to my neck. I asked my doctor at the time, a rheumatoligist, if this was arthritis now coming from the shoulder. He gave me a tube of Voltaren Gel to try and it has been wonderful. I only rub two pea sized drops between my shoulder and neck in the morning and have no pain the rest of the day."

Painfree in Arizona July 26, 2011

For Pain "Had bursitis in the shoulder and haven't had the time to go for a cortisone shot. Suffered through 2 weeks waiting for it to subside (doctor's on vacation) but doesn't seem to get better. Pharmacist gave me some of this, had the wife rub it on. I thought that I must be going out of my mind, because it felt better WITHIN SECONDS. I'd say 90% of the pain is gone. This is the best. I'll use it a week, and then if it still hurts, I'll go to the doctor. Worth every penny."

Anonymous July 22, 2011

For Pain "I have been a chronic pain sufferer for over twenty years. I take some heavy duty pain medicines and still there are just not enough medicines some days. It truly surprised me how well this medicine works. I can't take NSAIDs for more than a day or two without causing tummy troubles. I keep a tube with me now at all times. I highly recommend this to anyone with muscle or joint pain. I've used Lidoderm patches and TENS unit, probably been on every possible combination of medicines. This medicine really helps me."

Anonymous July 7, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "My family doctor recommended this to me along with some samples....wow...couldn't believe the relief. Almost instant. Also helped the carpal tunnel in my hands. No more pain from typing all day."

yssirp June 28, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "Was prescribed this after a fall on my lower back and it worked wonders. I like to put it on at night and then wake up pain free. I have now started to use it on my arthritis in my neck. Can move freely 5 minutes after application with only slight pain (although I can still hear all the clicking noises)."

Anonymous May 27, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "It works very well for my joint pain, my feet hurt so bad when I walk on them for 10 mins or longer and my lower back when I sit or stand 10 mins or longer. Voltaren gel eases the pain but does not take it completely away. I'm much worse without it. I notice someone was taking Motrin while using this gel, I read to not use certain medications when using this gel, double check please, just want people to be safe or ask doctors."

Anonymous May 11, 2011

For Pain "The gel helps with the pain but my stomach was a little upset, I got a mild headache and I felt very drowsy and out of it. Yes I know it's the gel but I still had side effects. I only rubbed in a small amount. I can't swear by it but I think it also caused me to have several anxiety attacks which I think are related to the woozy out of it feeling. It says it makes you dizzy on the box."

Anonymous April 4, 2011

For Pain "I had a ganglion cyst removed a year ago. I began to have pain in my wrist from inflammed scar tissue. The gel has helped tremendously with the pain. Some days I don't even need to wear my wrist brace anymore. Just wish it wasn't so expensive. Even with my health insurance the prescription was pretty expensive."

Anonymous February 24, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "For more than 2 years I have had pain in lower back and left shoulder. It was VERY uncomfortable to sleep and experienced major discomfort when rising. My back orthopedist told me not to worry about this. I applied a 1/16" dose of my wife's Voltaren Gel to the affected areas a week ago, and have been pain free the entire time. Miracle medicine. "

cc41139 February 21, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "I was prescribed Voltaren gel for my MCP joint, which experienced remodeling of bone after my 14-year career as a deep tissue massage therapist. I am a chiropractic student, so I went the conservative route first: adjustment, ultrasound, cold laser, Alpha-stim, microcurrent probes. Finally I had a series of x-rays on campus and unfortunately, there is a large osteophyte on the volar (palm) side of the base of the 1st metacarpal, along with serious lipping of the scaphoid bone which supports it (you know this combination as the saddle joint). Voltaren helps the crippling pain of trying to unscrew a jar, open a doorknob, or hold a pen. I will however have surgery to remove the osteophyte."

Anonymous February 5, 2011

For Pain "I have been having severe back and neck pain for years and was taking ibuprofen 24 hours a day. My doctor told me that was very bad for my stomach and to use the Voltaren Gel instead and I found it to be wonderful, comfortable and it smells nice. Two days after I started using the Voltaren Gel I was so much more comfortable and now I alternate the ibuprofen 200 with the Gel and only use the Ibuprofen 200 two times a day. I can sleep a whole night. My back condition is in the muscles and and they are in spasm much of the time. Voltaren calms the spasms down and makes the pain tolerable. I am so glad to have found it."

diantasyreads January 15, 2011

For Pain "This gel worked great on the neuropathy pain in my hands and feet. It didn't take away the pain completely, but reduced it dramatically."

Anonymous November 18, 2010

For Pain "This is an AMAZING product. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TRYING IT. Truly a must try."

The Miracle November 2, 2010

For Pain "Having been diagnosed with degenerative lumbar vertebrae-- this medicine is AWESOME. It works very well. I've used it on my sore feet (lucky me with bunions! Too many years in high heels) and it works very well. Also, I work at a computer and drive for work a lot, it really works miracles on tight/sore shoulder and neck areas, as another poster has mentioned.. you do feel more "loose" after you use it. Finally, it smells pretty decent. I was concerned that I'd walk around smelling like Great Auntie Momo... It just has a light, semi fresh smelling scent--not medicinal."

Smartygirl October 11, 2010