User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Osteoarthritis 34 reviews 348 medications

8.7
Pain 59 reviews 912 medications

Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 93 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

For Osteoarthritis "I was prescribed Voltaren gel for my MCP joint, which experienced remodeling of bone after my 14-year career as a deep tissue massage therapist. I am a chiropractic student, so I went the conservative route first: adjustment, ultrasound, cold laser, Alpha-stim, microcurrent probes. Finally I had a series of x-rays on campus and unfortunately, there is a large osteophyte on the volar (palm) side of the base of the 1st metacarpal, along with serious lipping of the scaphoid bone which supports it (you know this combination as the saddle joint). Voltaren helps the crippling pain of trying to unscrew a jar, open a doorknob, or hold a pen. I will however have surgery to remove the osteophyte."

Anonymous February 5, 2011

For Pain "I have been having severe back and neck pain for years and was taking ibuprofen 24 hours a day. My doctor told me that was very bad for my stomach and to use the Voltaren Gel instead and I found it to be wonderful, comfortable and it smells nice. Two days after I started using the Voltaren Gel I was so much more comfortable and now I alternate the ibuprofen 200 with the Gel and only use the Ibuprofen 200 two times a day. I can sleep a whole night. My back condition is in the muscles and and they are in spasm much of the time. Voltaren calms the spasms down and makes the pain tolerable. I am so glad to have found it."

diantasyreads January 15, 2011

For Pain "This gel worked great on the neuropathy pain in my hands and feet. It didn't take away the pain completely, but reduced it dramatically."

Anonymous November 18, 2010

For Pain "This is an AMAZING product. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TRYING IT. Truly a must try."

The Miracle November 2, 2010

For Pain "Having been diagnosed with degenerative lumbar vertebrae-- this medicine is AWESOME. It works very well. I've used it on my sore feet (lucky me with bunions! Too many years in high heels) and it works very well. Also, I work at a computer and drive for work a lot, it really works miracles on tight/sore shoulder and neck areas, as another poster has mentioned.. you do feel more "loose" after you use it. Finally, it smells pretty decent. I was concerned that I'd walk around smelling like Great Auntie Momo... It just has a light, semi fresh smelling scent--not medicinal."

Smartygirl October 11, 2010

For Pain "I was prescribed Voltaren about a year or two ago for my back. It didn't really do anything. But recently I've been having pain in my big toe (bone) and I decided to try the Voltaren and it was miraculous."

tsimm September 24, 2010

For Pain "I actually came on this site to read about Voltaren gel to see if its effects were supposed to be cumulative--if, that is, I was supposed to start getting relief after several applications of the gel. Unfortunately, I found out that it is supposed to work to relieve the pain each time it is used. It certainly doesn't do this for me--I may as well be applying lotion for all the good it does me. It really does nothing at all. I'm really disappointed, as my pain management doctor just weaned me off of narcotics, so I don't have anything that helps with the pain at the moment. I'll have to go see him again to get something else. It is so frustrating to try to find something that works, since everyone is different."

Wish it worked July 26, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "GREAT GEL! I have BIG problems with BOTH KNEES, this has worked very well. Better than taking oral medicines, goes right to the problem area!"

Windingdown July 25, 2010

For Pain "Voltaren gel is very helpful and good for any type of pain. ALWAYS ask your Doctor to prescribe. It works well on my pains. I have a spine injury, had 4 back surgeries, also in my shoulders I have bursitis pain and a rotator cuff tear. Voltaren also comes in a 12 hour patch, it works well too."

who dat June 21, 2010

For Pain "Voltaren 1% gel was prescribed for my elderly (92 year old) friend for foot pain. She had a negative reaction to the first application and would not try it again. In desperation and since I have a type of neuropathy in my feet and cannot fall asleep, I applied 1/2 the dosage she was prescribed. To my surprise it allows me to fall asleep at night without the pain and discomfort in my feet. I will be seeing my doctor to get this prescribed for me! I have been looking for relief for over 5 years!"

Can sleep now June 7, 2010

For Pain "I slipped a disc in my back a year ago and have been in pain ever since! After racking his brain, my doctor gave me a sample of Voltaren Gel. I didn't have high hopes, but it is WONDERFUL! Because I have had Gastric Bypass surgery, I can not take NSAIDS which pretty much leaves me, Tylenol! I did sneak an Aleve after being in so much pain and I was so sick to my stomach. The only negative, if Im in pain and my husband isn't home, it's kind of hard to apply to my own back!!! So I think this is a WONDERFUL medication for a person who can't orally take an anti-inflammatory medication! A true life saver!"

TorisMama May 15, 2010

For Pain "All I can say is Wow! This medicine is great! I have degenerative disc disease in my neck and lower back, as well as osteoarthritis in my hips and right shoulder (right shoulder is due to a broken humeral head and torn muscle from a 4-wheeler accident). 2 years ago I wrecked my 4-wheeler, so bad that I could not walk or even bathe myself for 2 weeks. I have been in severe pain and have tried everything, including nerve block injections, and incredibly high pain medicines (including Valium and Oxycodone). The doctor gave me this gel a week ago and said to use it for my neck. My neck is doing great, and after reading all of these reviews I am going to try it on my hips and shoulder!"

Anonymous May 7, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "The base knuckle of my index finger has been sore for a year. XRAYs showed no arthritis so my doctor can't figure out what's wrong with my finger. I tried using the Voltaren Gel on it and it helps tremendously. The pain goes away, but unfortunately it comes back when I stop using the gel. I am so glad I found something to help with the pain, but I'm disappointed that it's not permanent relief. I don't want to rely on medicine to treat pain - I wish it would just go away."

VoltarenGelWorksforMe April 27, 2010

For Pain "I have suffered from Rotator Cuff pain along with mid back spasms radiating into the lower back. I've used Lidocaine patches, pain management trigger point injections, and acupuncture. When my PA handed me 2 tubes of this gel, I didn't have much hope for it. Within minutes of applying as directed, not only was my pain gone, but so was the muscle stiffness! I urge you to try it!"

Anonymous April 18, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "Good alternative to oral NSAIDs. It does get the medicine into your system and that helps."

Anonymous March 24, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "Often my jaw cramps up and hurts more than my knees do before a storm. The Voltaren Gel also helps with the bone pain I get along my temples and at the base of my skull, so I am thankful that it is a non-greasy gel instead of a cream. (These areas of pain come from a compression head injury I got as a teenager.) I have a lot of problems trying to take anything for the arthritis in oral form, and I still take Aciphex along with using the Voltaren Gel as a precaution. (This product works well with even less than the amount suggested, so a tube goes further for me; I use up about 1 1/2 tubes each month.)"

springvml March 8, 2010

For Pain "My mom was given this medicine by her 'pain doctor' for chronic pain in her ankle, hip and knees. She said it didn't do anything for her. I suffer from stiff shoulders and neck pain, caused by sitting at a computer all day, carrying a heavy laptop and purse. I used it on my neck and shoulders since it was an anti-inflammatory. It worked for me, I noticed a significant 'loosening' of my 'tight' shoulder muscles with just one application. I'm sold! I'm gonna get mom to give it another go!"

Second Hand User February 6, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "I applied it to my knees this afternoon and was AMAZED, no more pain. I read the label and then used it. I should have looked further (http://www.drugs.com/cdi/voltaren-gel-gel.html). The maker (Novartis) issued a warning letter in December, noting problems. Looks like I'll still be getting my Hyalgen shot on Friday. I will follow up with my Doc(I used a free-sample) and go from there. I have liver tests every 6 months due to blood pressure medicines and the beer I drink too much of. I hope I will be able take this medicine safely: it sure does work."

lightshow February 3, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "My Doctor put me on this Voltaren gel and now I can get a goodnights sleep , because it works so good, and I have to rate this medicine in the high 10s. All you have to do is put between 4 up to 9 gram 4 times a day and you will see just what I'm talking about."

oskabigbear January 25, 2010

For Pain "I had no clue what this stuff was. My grandma has been using it for her elbow. I was having a "blonde" moment I guess cause I was thinking how can a gel work when her pain is under the skin? Well I've been having horrible knee pain, I'm seeing a knee specialist this week. I picked up her tube and thought I'd give it a try thinking it would do nothing. When I got up out of the chair I was amazed! Hardly any pain at all. I looked back at the gel and thought "no way" this has got to be in my head. So I got on the computer and decided to research this a little, I think when I go to my specialist I will ask for a prescription for this. However I think I may have used just a little too much, oh well!"

Anonymous December 8, 2009

For Pain "I was perscrbed Voltaren for knee pain. It seems when the surgeon replaced my knee he damaged the nerve badly...I had been in pain for a long time...thanks to this product I can sleep at night now. It worked well for me."

Jersey Flash September 28, 2009

For Pain "I had to go off anti-inflammatories orally. This gel is what keeps me walking."

Anonymous September 14, 2009

For Osteoarthritis "Love it. Nothing held until I tried this, after a few minutes NO pain."

dannyO August 19, 2009

For Pain "I got this a week ago from my doctor, I've been having severe back pain and shooting pain. In the past I've tried everything pain killers, lido patches, steroid injections, physical therapy. I put on 2 grams of the gel and the agonizing ache that I've had was gone in no more than 30 seconds. I still get the shooting pain but that's a nerve issue. I really, really love this gel."

Anonymous August 15, 2009

For Osteoarthritis "I was experiencing joint pain in my knees and right elbow. On my last physical my doctor gave me a prescription for the gel. Wow! Ever since I have used it I have not experienced the joint pain at all. I have not experienced any side effects at all. I recommend this product for anyone experiencing joint pain."

mcobama August 14, 2009