User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Osteoarthritis 28 reviews 365 medications

8.5
Pain 48 reviews 908 medications

Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 76 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Review by lightshow: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I applied it to my knees this afternoon and was AMAZED, no more pain. I read the label and then used it. I should have looked further (http://www.drugs.com/cdi/voltaren-gel-gel.html). The maker (Novartis) issued a warning letter in December, noting problems. Looks like I'll still be getting my Hyalgen shot on Friday. I will follow up with my Doc(I used a free-sample) and go from there. I have liver tests every 6 months due to blood pressure medicines and the beer I drink too much of. I hope I will be able take this medicine safely: it sure does work.

February 3, 2010 6:14 PM
Review by oskabigbear: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: My Doctor put me on this Voltaren gel and now I can get a goodnights sleep , because it works so good, and I have to rate this medicine in the high 10s. All you have to do is put between 4 up to 9 gram 4 times a day and you will see just what I'm talking about.

January 25, 2010 3:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I had no clue what this stuff was. My grandma has been using it for her elbow. I was having a "blonde" moment I guess cause I was thinking how can a gel work when her pain is under the skin? Well I've been having horrible knee pain, I'm seeing a knee specialist this week. I picked up her tube and thought I'd give it a try thinking it would do nothing. When I got up out of the chair I was amazed! Hardly any pain at all. I looked back at the gel and thought "no way" this has got to be in my head. So I got on the computer and decided to research this a little, I think when I go to my specialist I will ask for a prescription for this. However I think I may have used just a little too much, oh well!

December 8, 2009 2:18 AM
Review by Jersey Flash: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I was perscrbed Voltaren for knee pain. It seems when the surgeon replaced my knee he damaged the nerve badly...I had been in pain for a long time...thanks to this product I can sleep at night now. It worked well for me.

September 28, 2009 6:01 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I had to go off anti-inflammatories orally. This gel is what keeps me walking.

September 14, 2009 9:51 AM
Review by dannyO: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: Love it. Nothing held until I tried this, after a few minutes NO pain.

August 19, 2009 1:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I got this a week ago from my doctor, I've been having severe back pain and shooting pain. In the past I've tried everything pain killers, lido patches, steroid injections, physical therapy. I put on 2 grams of the gel and the agonizing ache that I've had was gone in no more than 30 seconds. I still get the shooting pain but that's a nerve issue. I really, really love this gel.

August 15, 2009 3:26 AM
Review by mcobama: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I was experiencing joint pain in my knees and right elbow. On my last physical my doctor gave me a prescription for the gel. Wow! Ever since I have used it I have not experienced the joint pain at all. I have not experienced any side effects at all. I recommend this product for anyone experiencing joint pain.

August 14, 2009 10:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: Amazing is the only description I can give. In a lifting accident I was not able to sleep for 2 weeks, tried Chiro, Steroids, Muscle relaxants, Hydrocodone, sleeping pills, nothing worked until I rubbed 2gr on the affected area - Instantly pain was gone.

July 31, 2009 12:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: My Rheumatologist prescribed the Voltaren Gel to use with my oral Meloxicam and the combination is tremendous. I am having very little pain for the first time in 3 years in my knees and feet. On a recent business trip to Germany I purchased 4 large tubes of a higher strength (over the counter in Germany and Switzerland) for 1/3 the price of my copay. A very effective drug for me.

July 12, 2009 11:20 PM
Review by maemae47: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I love this gel. Just 10 seconds after I put it on an area with severe pain, the pain is gone completely for 2 hours. I couldn't believe it the first time I used it. I take some other strong prescription medication for knee and back pain and the medications don't do as good a job on the pain as this gel. I wish I could use it more than 4 times a day, but during my waking hours, it is a God send. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I would do a commercial for Voltaren Gel anytime, for free!

July 8, 2009 6:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: This medicine is pretty miraculous as far as my joints are concerned. I'm using much less than the 2gram dose - maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a gram on a joint, tops - and having at least 8 hours pain free. It seems no studies were conducted on it's use on shoulders, but it worked decently enough for mine when I pinched a nerve. Make sure you read the possible side effects and all the potential negatives, and test on a single area with someone with you for a couple hours just to make sure you're not allergic. It's been problem-free for me, but everyone's body chemistry is different.

May 10, 2009 10:41 PM
Review by bacs46: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: Started using gel for "frozen toe". Had pain about 75% of the time ranging up to 7 or 8. Had difficulty putting on shoes due to bending of big toe. After using Voltaren gel 2-3 times a day, after just 2 days pain was greatly reduced. And if there is any pain, it's only about a level 3 or 4. Have recently started using it on knees. Seems to help but not as dramatically as toe. I really like that fact that very little of the diclofenac goes systemic.

May 4, 2009 3:02 AM
Review by smiley609: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: In 1981 I had severe heel pain and was living in Germany. I was prescribed a topical gel called Rheumone gel. It worked great. I had occasion to use it several times while we lived there. When I got back to the States, no luck in finding it. Then, about 6 months ago my daughter was prescribed Voltaren Gel. Hurrah! It is made in Germany by the same company as the Rheumone gel. It smells the same and works the same. My doctor has prescribed it to me for the arthritis and pain. It does a wonderful job.

April 22, 2009 6:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I use Voltaren Gel for shin splints. I experienced extreme pain from shin splints everytime I run for a few days in a row. This problem has been going on for the last 12 years. If I push through with the pain for a couple of weeks it will get so bad that I won%u2019t be able to walk for a couple of days. Ever since my first year of track I haven%u2019t been able to run competitively. About six months ago as I was walking out of the doctor%u2019s office a sales rep came in with Voltaren Gel. The doctor stopped me to gave me the sample tube. With that tube I was able to train for a 5k race and come in 3rd. In a week from now I will be running a marathon. The gel has changed my life because it has brought relief to my legs.

April 10, 2009 12:36 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: This gel is so effective that I don't need to take ibuprofen anymore. Very soothing, quick acting, long lasting, pleasant smell that soon dissipates.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2009 12:15 AM
Review by FEELING BETTER: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I was prescribed this medication for use on several areas of my body that are ravaged by osteoarthritis. I have had great results, when used regularly this gel works. It is a fast acting medication, so you can apply it and get on with activities right away. The cost of the medicine is high, but if you have tried products such as aspercreme, biofreeze or joint flex. You will see that the cost and relief you get are directly related. I have and will continue to recommend this medicine to anyone who needs relief from osteoarthritis. Thanks for the help NOVARTIS.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2009 11:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I had a foot fracture 10 months ago and had my screw removed three months ago. I cannot take oral NSAIDS because of a stomach problem. I was taking lortab every day, one or two, in the later part of the day to make it through. I used one inch of Votaren Gel where I have the residual arthritis and covered it and taped it. After two hours I went for a walk and was able to walk farther in the same amount of time and without as bad of a limp. This morning my foot was tender. I don't think I will use it when my foot is really sore. I have learned to back off or pay for it the next day. There is always a trade off when I try to medicate this kind of pain.

February 7, 2009 7:17 AM
Review by billdeb411: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: This gel was prescribed to me to help wean me off of strong dose of anti-inflammatory. I have a bone bruise on my knee and the orthopedic doctor said it will take a year to heal. I am unable to do my usual 4 miles on the treadmill or even walk around the block. When I ease off the anti-inflammatory medicine, my knee swells up and I can barely walk. This has not helped my knee that much. However, I have started to use it for some swelling/pain in my thumb and I also have some lower back and neck pain and it helps.

January 19, 2009 7:12 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I woke up one morning 6 months ago with severe lower back pain. Since I have stomach problems and am unable to take oral NSAIDs, narcotics or Ultram, I tried Lidoderm patches without success. Then I read about Voltaren gel in Arthritis Today magazine and asked my doctor for it. It has worked well and this is the only way I am able to sit without severe pain.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 9, 2008 9:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I was in a car accident in December of 07' and have had severe neck and left shoulder pain since. My pain specialist has done various treatments including Facet Joint Injections, with no long terms results. At my recent visit with him I was complaining of the same pain with no relief, he handed me two sample tubes of Voltaren Gel. I have been using it for about a week now and have had a full week without pain. This stuff really works. I have been impressed so far. Thanks Voltaren.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 6, 2008 11:42 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I have joint and muscle pain form injury in arm and elbow area. It has helped me and should help others.

September 30, 2008 10:26 AM
Review by SherylDavie: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: Gel was given by my G.P. of 27 years for pain in shoulder that I have had for 5/6 months. It was aggravated by exercise with weights. My pain would wax and wane. Worst episodes included my inability to pick up a coffee cup with my left hand, pain level of 7, inability to sleep on my left side etc. After 6 months of this, I visited my G.P who x-rayed my shoulder and found arthritic changes. He gave me 2 sample tubes and told me to try it. I did with great results.

September 26, 2008 6:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I used Voltaren gel on some sore joints (and a tennis elbow). It worked as well as anything I have ever tried. I sometimes get killer tension headaches that first build up in the back of the neck. When I felt one coming on, I used the gel on the back of the neck and shoulders. The headache never developed. Before this experiment I would take 3 or 4 ibuprofen for one of these headaches and hope for the best. The gel is now my standard treatment for these headaches.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 28, 2008 6:09 PM
Review by ina122: User Rating:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac) for Pain: I fell and injured my knees. I have had pain for three weeks. With one application of this medication I was pain free. Of course I am in the process of x-rays and an MRI if needed. I really like this drug. I only wish my insurance would cover it on the lower end. I cannot afford to keep using it at the price it is now. It is NOT very expensive but I am on a limited budget. I give this medication a 10 if not more.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 28, 2008 2:56 PM