User Reviews for Voltaren Gel (Page 3)

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Osteoarthritis 37 reviews 342 medications

8.6
Pain 69 reviews 1059 medications

7.9
Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 106 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

For Pain "I use the Voltaren gel for my back pain. I have herniated disc from L3 to L5 on both right and left with pinched nerve at S1 so I have very severe pain which radiates down the back of my legs. My doctor gave me the Voltaren gel to use and it has worked wonders for me."

backpain sufferer October 13, 2011

For Pain "I think it's probably a good product but not the right medicine for my condition. I have very inflamed painful bursitis under my scapula that throws all my muscles in my back/neck out of whack and creates a lot of transferred pain and problems for me. I was hoping this Voltaren gel my rheumatologist prescribed would help since the Celebrex and muscle relaxers alone are not doing the trick. But I do not detect any difference when I use it. However, I do occasionally get soreness in my left knee and when I tried it on that, it did seem to help."

smeggy September 11, 2011

For Pain "I have Fibromyalgia and it does help. Because fibromyalgia is a different sort of beast it helps some but does not knock it out. However, it reduces pain very quickly. Using more at one time or more frequently does not bring the pain down any more. It did not work that much on my wrists and hands where carpel tunnel is "suspected" but they are not certain what it is. Some other pain on hand and arm were helped but not overly so."

GoodStuff September 1, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "Wish I had a bathtub full of this medicine. "

Anonymous August 18, 2011

For Pain "I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Raynaud's Syndrome, and Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR). Since the 1950's I have suffered neck pain when doing a chore in one position for a long period of time. I have exercised on a regular basis for many years and in 2009 I injured my rotator cuff on a piece of gym equipment. After the physical therapy was finished I was experiencing sharp pain radiating from my shoulder to my neck. I asked my doctor at the time, a rheumatoligist, if this was arthritis now coming from the shoulder. He gave me a tube of Voltaren Gel to try and it has been wonderful. I only rub two pea sized drops between my shoulder and neck in the morning and have no pain the rest of the day."

Painfree in Arizona July 26, 2011

For Pain "Had bursitis in the shoulder and haven't had the time to go for a cortisone shot. Suffered through 2 weeks waiting for it to subside (doctor's on vacation) but doesn't seem to get better. Pharmacist gave me some of this, had the wife rub it on. I thought that I must be going out of my mind, because it felt better WITHIN SECONDS. I'd say 90% of the pain is gone. This is the best. I'll use it a week, and then if it still hurts, I'll go to the doctor. Worth every penny."

Anonymous July 22, 2011

For Pain "I have been a chronic pain sufferer for over twenty years. I take some heavy duty pain medicines and still there are just not enough medicines some days. It truly surprised me how well this medicine works. I can't take NSAIDs for more than a day or two without causing tummy troubles. I keep a tube with me now at all times. I highly recommend this to anyone with muscle or joint pain. I've used Lidoderm patches and TENS unit, probably been on every possible combination of medicines. This medicine really helps me."

Anonymous July 7, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "My family doctor recommended this to me along with some samples....wow...couldn't believe the relief. Almost instant. Also helped the carpal tunnel in my hands. No more pain from typing all day."

yssirp June 28, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "Was prescribed this after a fall on my lower back and it worked wonders. I like to put it on at night and then wake up pain free. I have now started to use it on my arthritis in my neck. Can move freely 5 minutes after application with only slight pain (although I can still hear all the clicking noises)."

Anonymous May 27, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "It works very well for my joint pain, my feet hurt so bad when I walk on them for 10 mins or longer and my lower back when I sit or stand 10 mins or longer. Voltaren gel eases the pain but does not take it completely away. I'm much worse without it. I notice someone was taking Motrin while using this gel, I read to not use certain medications when using this gel, double check please, just want people to be safe or ask doctors."

Anonymous May 11, 2011

For Pain "The gel helps with the pain but my stomach was a little upset, I got a mild headache and I felt very drowsy and out of it. Yes I know it's the gel but I still had side effects. I only rubbed in a small amount. I can't swear by it but I think it also caused me to have several anxiety attacks which I think are related to the woozy out of it feeling. It says it makes you dizzy on the box."

Anonymous April 4, 2011

For Pain "I had a ganglion cyst removed a year ago. I began to have pain in my wrist from inflammed scar tissue. The gel has helped tremendously with the pain. Some days I don't even need to wear my wrist brace anymore. Just wish it wasn't so expensive. Even with my health insurance the prescription was pretty expensive."

Anonymous February 24, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "For more than 2 years I have had pain in lower back and left shoulder. It was VERY uncomfortable to sleep and experienced major discomfort when rising. My back orthopedist told me not to worry about this. I applied a 1/16" dose of my wife's Voltaren Gel to the affected areas a week ago, and have been pain free the entire time. Miracle medicine. "

cc41139 February 21, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "I was prescribed Voltaren gel for my MCP joint, which experienced remodeling of bone after my 14-year career as a deep tissue massage therapist. I am a chiropractic student, so I went the conservative route first: adjustment, ultrasound, cold laser, Alpha-stim, microcurrent probes. Finally I had a series of x-rays on campus and unfortunately, there is a large osteophyte on the volar (palm) side of the base of the 1st metacarpal, along with serious lipping of the scaphoid bone which supports it (you know this combination as the saddle joint). Voltaren helps the crippling pain of trying to unscrew a jar, open a doorknob, or hold a pen. I will however have surgery to remove the osteophyte."

Anonymous February 5, 2011

For Pain "I have been having severe back and neck pain for years and was taking ibuprofen 24 hours a day. My doctor told me that was very bad for my stomach and to use the Voltaren Gel instead and I found it to be wonderful, comfortable and it smells nice. Two days after I started using the Voltaren Gel I was so much more comfortable and now I alternate the ibuprofen 200 with the Gel and only use the Ibuprofen 200 two times a day. I can sleep a whole night. My back condition is in the muscles and and they are in spasm much of the time. Voltaren calms the spasms down and makes the pain tolerable. I am so glad to have found it."

diantasyreads January 15, 2011

For Pain "This gel worked great on the neuropathy pain in my hands and feet. It didn't take away the pain completely, but reduced it dramatically."

Anonymous November 18, 2010

For Pain "This is an AMAZING product. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TRYING IT. Truly a must try."

The Miracle November 2, 2010

For Pain "Having been diagnosed with degenerative lumbar vertebrae-- this medicine is AWESOME. It works very well. I've used it on my sore feet (lucky me with bunions! Too many years in high heels) and it works very well. Also, I work at a computer and drive for work a lot, it really works miracles on tight/sore shoulder and neck areas, as another poster has mentioned.. you do feel more "loose" after you use it. Finally, it smells pretty decent. I was concerned that I'd walk around smelling like Great Auntie Momo... It just has a light, semi fresh smelling scent--not medicinal."

Smartygirl October 11, 2010

For Pain "I was prescribed Voltaren about a year or two ago for my back. It didn't really do anything. But recently I've been having pain in my big toe (bone) and I decided to try the Voltaren and it was miraculous."

tsimm September 24, 2010

For Pain "I actually came on this site to read about Voltaren gel to see if its effects were supposed to be cumulative--if, that is, I was supposed to start getting relief after several applications of the gel. Unfortunately, I found out that it is supposed to work to relieve the pain each time it is used. It certainly doesn't do this for me--I may as well be applying lotion for all the good it does me. It really does nothing at all. I'm really disappointed, as my pain management doctor just weaned me off of narcotics, so I don't have anything that helps with the pain at the moment. I'll have to go see him again to get something else. It is so frustrating to try to find something that works, since everyone is different."

Wish it worked July 26, 2010

For Osteoarthritis "GREAT GEL! I have BIG problems with BOTH KNEES, this has worked very well. Better than taking oral medicines, goes right to the problem area!"

Windingdown July 25, 2010

For Pain "Voltaren gel is very helpful and good for any type of pain. ALWAYS ask your Doctor to prescribe. It works well on my pains. I have a spine injury, had 4 back surgeries, also in my shoulders I have bursitis pain and a rotator cuff tear. Voltaren also comes in a 12 hour patch, it works well too."

who dat June 21, 2010

For Pain "Voltaren 1% gel was prescribed for my elderly (92 year old) friend for foot pain. She had a negative reaction to the first application and would not try it again. In desperation and since I have a type of neuropathy in my feet and cannot fall asleep, I applied 1/2 the dosage she was prescribed. To my surprise it allows me to fall asleep at night without the pain and discomfort in my feet. I will be seeing my doctor to get this prescribed for me! I have been looking for relief for over 5 years!"

Can sleep now June 7, 2010

For Pain "I slipped a disc in my back a year ago and have been in pain ever since! After racking his brain, my doctor gave me a sample of Voltaren Gel. I didn't have high hopes, but it is WONDERFUL! Because I have had Gastric Bypass surgery, I can not take NSAIDS which pretty much leaves me, Tylenol! I did sneak an Aleve after being in so much pain and I was so sick to my stomach. The only negative, if Im in pain and my husband isn't home, it's kind of hard to apply to my own back!!! So I think this is a WONDERFUL medication for a person who can't orally take an anti-inflammatory medication! A true life saver!"

TorisMama May 15, 2010

For Pain "All I can say is Wow! This medicine is great! I have degenerative disc disease in my neck and lower back, as well as osteoarthritis in my hips and right shoulder (right shoulder is due to a broken humeral head and torn muscle from a 4-wheeler accident). 2 years ago I wrecked my 4-wheeler, so bad that I could not walk or even bathe myself for 2 weeks. I have been in severe pain and have tried everything, including nerve block injections, and incredibly high pain medicines (including Valium and Oxycodone). The doctor gave me this gel a week ago and said to use it for my neck. My neck is doing great, and after reading all of these reviews I am going to try it on my hips and shoulder!"

Anonymous May 7, 2010