User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Osteoarthritis 37 reviews 342 medications

8.6
Pain 69 reviews 1059 medications

7.9
Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 106 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

For Pain "I have Peroneus Brevis Tendonitits and was prescribed Voltarin for 21 days, 4 times per day, with icing. I felt minimal improvement for the first ten days, then nothing further. A month after starting the treatment, my foot is in no better condition than it was when I started."

KateBruce (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

For Pain "I have "jumpers knee" tendonitis. I play softball and I am a outfielder...I also workout 5 times a week. Back in my days I ran track as well...I guess it all caught up to me in my early 30's ..I couldn't lift my leg below my knee it was so painful, my sports dr prescribed Voltaren and when I used it as prescribed 4x's a day I saw a good bit of improvement..."

DeeM82 December 31, 2015

For Pain "After purchasing the medicine for shoulder pain I followed directions and applied 4 times a day. The second day the applied area ( upper arm and shoulder ) was turning dark. By the end of second day the arm was black swollen and painful. Emergency room visit did not provide any relief other than telling Me to discontinue use of gel. I have a artificial heart valve that requires that I take blood thinner which was discussed with the prescribing physician and had been used as prescribed. The arm continued to swell and the blackness continued down the arm with pain that became unbearable. A ambulance was summoned to take me back to the hosital emergency room personnel could not diganose the situation completely and I was admitted to the ward. Surgery was required"

bigjc December 31, 2015

For Pain "I had a cracked rib on the front of my chest from an airbag/accident. The pain was excruciating. Voltaren provided instant relief, a miracle drug, and the rib healed in just 3 to 4 weeks. I am now trying it on a couple of old injuries that left me with painful bone spurs in my neck as well as an old rib injury in my back that healed wrong - it is helping these too, making the pain much more bearable. Only trouble is my insurance wouldn't cover, so not sure I can afford it again."

MG in CA November 2, 2015

For Pain "Never felt any lessening of pain. After about 3 weeks of putting it on my foot, I experienced a tingling, burning sensation all the way up the leg to the knee."

JB123JB (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I am a Chronic pain guy, An athlete with numerous aches and pains, Voltaren was prescribed to me for my knees which have osteoarthritis, it seems to give me some relief but those of you that are saying it makes you pain free are stretching it a bit, I was unaware I could use it on my back which I will try,To be continued...."

Skibs (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2015

For Pain "I was first introduce to use voltaren gel since i was 8 (20 years ago) by the doctor due to my leg injury. Then i had accident around 15 years ago where my right arm totally disfunctional and has healed by just applying this gel. Since then any strain injury, my family will only use voltaren emugel :)"

susan la September 5, 2015

For Pain "we went on a long walk, all day thing, my feet were in so much pain, I couldnt even move, I rubbed some on my sore spots, and almost instant relieve :) also had a sore thumb, applied the gel and vala pain gone, thank you, no more NSAIDS for me"

Bonneville1 August 17, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "severe blistering and rash of skin, rash in mouth, teeth hurt, severe sore throat, infection in foot( twice) surgery to clean infection. Loss of work, on SDI now."

kemlp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2015

For Pain "In have a very rare autoimmune disease. It affects my upper body; extremely painful. In addition, i also have severe pain is in my legs. Specifically front of shins. It is bad enough to wake me up. Volatarin gel does helps with the pain, almost immediately. Good luck!"

TMmac August 1, 2015

For Pain "Voltaren is amazing. It takes away my arthritis pain and helps with overly tight neck muscles. It does nothing for my Occipital Neuralgia, but does help with my chronic tendinitis in my hand."

Fushizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "This seems to help my pain, but I find the odor a deterrent to using it regularly. I am allergic to most fragrances, and this is no exception. Why do they add fragrance when it is a common issue for people with allergies?"

Net2012 July 29, 2015

For Pain "Long story kinda short! My knee swelled up where I couldn't even bend it. My mom gave me a tube of her gel. It worked right away when I applied it. Great stuff. Here's the best part though. I have a bulge in my lower back. I have meloxacam but I don't take it regularly because I feel that it don't help any. So one day my back is as hurting really bad so I decided to apply the gel. Glad I did because wow! It works amazing! They should most definitely test it on the back. I know surgery will be the only thing for permanent relief but I'm only 31 and one can't afford it and two it's not guarantee it would work and could make my problem worse. Next time I go to my doctor I will be asking for my own prescription."

Sarah from calera July 23, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "An amazing drug FINALLY relief! Have had shots, lidocaine pads, OTC, scripts NOTHING really provided RELIEF! Can't recall the last time I was pain free! Podiatrist prescribed for plantar fasciitis Relieved it as well as OA in knees....small amt. twice per day, pep in,y step...finally!!"

Farkel June 14, 2015

For Pain "I used the gel for 2 1/2 months after TKR 3-4 times/day. Part of the time I used the extra-strength version. I thought that it was moderately effective for pain and swelling. However, three weeks after stopping I still cannot get the odor out of my body. The extra-strength version has a different carrier, thicker and with a strong odor, and I would not use it again."

TedQ June 13, 2015

For Pain "I used this stuff on my sprained ankle after my uncle told me that his doctor recommended it for pain and inflammation. I gave it a go and I found after about 10-15 minutes the pain I had been experiencing was virtually gone. I also found that it helped heal the bruising on my ankle as well. I have fibromyalgia as well and never thought to use it on my joints, I'll for sure give it a go! The only downside to this product is it smells really bad."

Clumsy80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

For Pain "Dr. Prescribed for Tendonitis, aka Tennis Elbow on right arm. After using for 2 days, the pain is diminished and movement of the forearm, grasping with the fingers, and range of motion is very near back to normal with very little pain. I work on a computer all day, typing and mousing. I apply 2 grams, 4 times a day to the elbow area. It makes working very tolerable. I would say Voltaren is a good treatment and really helps bring my arm function back to normal with no pain for tendonitis / Tennis Elbow. Aspercreme was also ok, but the Voltaren does better. Mild stretching, exercise and movement also help and are made much easier with the Voltaren."

Elbow Hurts March 5, 2015

For Pain "I have tarsal coalition and if I am on my feet for too long I can hardly walk from the pain in my ankle. I have suffered from this since I was about 8 years old. I am 52 now and my Dr prescribed this medication for the arthritis in my hands, it didn't seem to help my hands a lot but I tried it on my ankle one night and literally within 5 minutes the pain was gone. It is amazing and I love this stuff."

sherid62 March 2, 2015

For Pain "I have been using Voltaren gel for months for chronic upper back & neck pain and for chronic migraine. It has been prescribed as an adjunct medicine for me in either case, not my primary medicine. I love this stuff! It absorbs very quickly and usually works well for me for a few hours post application. So far I have had no negative side effects from using it, just relief!"

Mackenzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2015

For Pain "Unbelievable. I just used this for the first time and had relief in about 15 minutes. 13 years of pain shots 12 doctors, 2 surgeries and I put on this gel and feel so much better. For me, it is a miracle."

WildLifeLover (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I use Voltaren gel for my arthritis. However, I also have fibromyalgia and use it where I have the most pain, primarily the nerve "bundles" in my neck and upper back. I have a pain in my shin that wakes me up at night, and have rubbed Voltaren on that area and it gives me 100% relief. I've also rubbed it on my jaw in an area where I have a back tooth that is inflamed. And it also relieves the pain. I am so happy with this medication...thank you Novartis."

Judy Weismonger (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2015

For Pain "I have had neck pain, stiffness and spasms in my shoulder and neck for over two years. I had multiple MRI scans to try and diagnose where the pain was coming from. Two days after taking Voltaren in tablet form the symptons seemed to dissapear! I feel alive again and can't believe the relief it has given me. I'm not 100% back to normal but I'm nearly back to full health now. Fantastic stuff !"

Kassyrobe (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using Voltaren for sometime now and it brings me immediate relief. My muscles seem to be effected by the arthritis I have, and the Voltaren helps those muscles to relax and not knot up on me. I love the stuff!"

Anonymous September 8, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "Used this gel on my neck but it did not provide any relief from the pain/discomfort."

Cat1966 September 4, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I had spinal fusion on my lower back 6 months ago. NOTHING helped with the pain. My wonderful Dr. prescribed Voltaren Gel 1% 4x a day. All that I can say is......WOW. This stuff is top notch!"

bigpiner August 26, 2014