User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Osteoarthritis 34 reviews 348 medications

8.7
Pain 59 reviews 912 medications

7.9
Summary of Voltaren Gel reviews 93 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Voltaren Gel

For Osteoarthritis "An amazing drug FINALLY relief! Have had shots, lidocaine pads, OTC, scripts NOTHING really provided RELIEF! Can't recall the last time I was pain free! Podiatrist prescribed for plantar fasciitis Relieved it as well as OA in knees....small amt. twice per day, pep in,y step...finally!!"

Farkel June 14, 2015

For Pain "I used the gel for 2 1/2 months after TKR 3-4 times/day. Part of the time I used the extra-strength version. I thought that it was moderately effective for pain and swelling. However, three weeks after stopping I still cannot get the odor out of my body. The extra-strength version has a different carrier, thicker and with a strong odor, and I would not use it again."

TedQ June 13, 2015

For Pain "I used this stuff on my sprained ankle after my uncle told me that his doctor recommended it for pain and inflammation. I gave it a go and I found after about 10-15 minutes the pain I had been experiencing was virtually gone. I also found that it helped heal the bruising on my ankle as well. I have fibromyalgia as well and never thought to use it on my joints, I'll for sure give it a go! The only downside to this product is it smells really bad."

Clumsy80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

For Pain "Dr. Prescribed for Tendonitis, aka Tennis Elbow on right arm. After using for 2 days, the pain is diminished and movement of the forearm, grasping with the fingers, and range of motion is very near back to normal with very little pain. I work on a computer all day, typing and mousing. I apply 2 grams, 4 times a day to the elbow area. It makes working very tolerable. I would say Voltaren is a good treatment and really helps bring my arm function back to normal with no pain for tendonitis / Tennis Elbow. Aspercreme was also ok, but the Voltaren does better. Mild stretching, exercise and movement also help and are made much easier with the Voltaren."

Elbow Hurts March 5, 2015

For Pain "I have tarsal coalition and if I am on my feet for too long I can hardly walk from the pain in my ankle. I have suffered from this since I was about 8 years old. I am 52 now and my Dr prescribed this medication for the arthritis in my hands, it didn't seem to help my hands a lot but I tried it on my ankle one night and literally within 5 minutes the pain was gone. It is amazing and I love this stuff."

sherid62 March 2, 2015

For Pain "I have been using Voltaren gel for months for chronic upper back & neck pain and for chronic migraine. It has been prescribed as an adjunct medicine for me in either case, not my primary medicine. I love this stuff! It absorbs very quickly and usually works well for me for a few hours post application. So far I have had no negative side effects from using it, just relief!"

Mackenzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2015

For Pain "Unbelievable. I just used this for the first time and had relief in about 15 minutes. 13 years of pain shots 12 doctors, 2 surgeries and I put on this gel and feel so much better. For me, it is a miracle."

WildLifeLover (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I use Voltaren gel for my arthritis. However, I also have fibromyalgia and use it where I have the most pain, primarily the nerve "bundles" in my neck and upper back. I have a pain in my shin that wakes me up at night, and have rubbed Voltaren on that area and it gives me 100% relief. I've also rubbed it on my jaw in an area where I have a back tooth that is inflamed. And it also relieves the pain. I am so happy with this medication...thank you Novartis."

Judy Weismonger (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2015

For Pain "I have had neck pain, stiffness and spasms in my shoulder and neck for over two years. I had multiple MRI scans to try and diagnose where the pain was coming from. Two days after taking Voltaren in tablet form the symptons seemed to dissapear! I feel alive again and can't believe the relief it has given me. I'm not 100% back to normal but I'm nearly back to full health now. Fantastic stuff !"

Kassyrobe (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using Voltaren for sometime now and it brings me immediate relief. My muscles seem to be effected by the arthritis I have, and the Voltaren helps those muscles to relax and not knot up on me. I love the stuff!"

Anonymous September 8, 2014

For Pain "Used this gel on my neck but it did not provide any relief from the pain/discomfort."

Cat1966 September 4, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I had spinal fusion on my lower back 6 months ago. NOTHING helped with the pain. My wonderful Dr. prescribed Voltaren Gel 1% 4x a day. All that I can say is......WOW. This stuff is top notch!"

bigpiner August 26, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I am so excited to find a website with comments confirming what I've suspected - Voltaren gel is a miracle! I've tried everything for a whiplash injury - physical therapists, joint injections, steroid injections, chirpractors, NSAID pills - but did not find my solution until this gel. I put in on my neck at night and wake in the morning gloriously pain-free."

LizRG July 21, 2014

For Pain "Used to treat severe back pain with spasms. Gave me good pain relief but didn't help quiet spasms. Very pleased to find a pain reliever other than narcotics that helped reduce my lower back, neck, and leg pain."

Dan0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014

For Pain "Was using this for achilles micro tears from playing tennis, also tennis elbow-tendonitis. Side effect was blistering on the skin for treatment of achilles injury, no side effects for tennis elbow problem."

austin active (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2014

For Pain "I was diagnosed with neuropathy in my right knee down to my foot. This pain started when I was pregnant with my first son 23 years ago. It has gotten worse over the years. To make matters worse, I tore ligaments in my ankle from a fall at work. Finally after worker's comp. only with my ankle, I was referred to a neurologist. They did many tests and indicated that it was a sensory nerve injury. He gave me a sample of this gel and told me to apply it 4x a day. It worked wonders. Pain was gone! I hope it continues to works this well in the future."

Anonymous May 17, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I've been using this for quite awhile for my very painful osteoarthritis in my knuckles. It still amazes me how well it works. I get horrible burning pain and this works within minutes. Great med!"

Bethylg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "My daughter was given this gel for her leg pain but it had an adverse reaction for her. It burns her and she refuses to use it so she gave me a tube for my arthritis in both my knees, my hip, back and ankles. WOW! This is a dream come true. It seems to work immediately for me and putting it on right before bed allows me to sleep all night because I have slight to no pain. I wake up, use it and then my day goes by MUCH better. I'm going to try to remember to actually take it to work with me so I can apply it there. I keep forgetting. Praise God for allowing me to try this gel. I was leery at first but tried it anyway. I am TRULY amazed and will buy more and more and more. Thank you for this amazing discovery."

Barracudasue (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "Not sure exactly what condition I have, Doctor's have just generically named it "Peripheral Neuropathy" but there's more to it than that. I'm 38 now & I've battled this since I was a child. I have this intense burning ache that began as a child in my feet & has gotten worse over time. It also affects my hands. It used to just act up at bedtime, so bad at times that I had to wrap my feet in ice packs to get relief. Now it's all hours & hands/feet and I have a stiffness and severe putting edema that pops up & then disappears with no regularity. There's no explanation from Doctor's YET. I was given this cream and I rub it into my hands, wrists, feet, & lower legs. It does seem to calm things some, reduces the burn."

1smartdumbgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "As a former athlete, I am now suffering the osteoarthritis pain and stiffness from the multiple injuries and trauma caused by playing football. My shoulder pain is so bad that some days I can't lift them high enough to wash my hair or put on my coat. My physician send me for an MRI and the results show there is very little cartilage left, basically "bone on bone". I am in my early 50's and am trying to hold of getting replacements for a few years. I take Percocet when needed, Cymbalta and recently Voltaren gel. Initially, I put 4g on my entire shoulder area, and within 15 minutes, and truly unknown to me, it just simple began "working", as I began to not notice "as much pain"! Only lasts 2-3 hrs, Rx needs to be written to reflect 4g 4 times day."

Former athlete (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "Was prescribed for my knee after a torn ligament. Was not helpful then. Just tried it again for some muscle pain in my neck again no relief."

Anonymous October 22, 2013

For Pain "Foot pain near 5th meta-tarsal. X-rays and MRI indicate possibly a small bone spur. Doctor prescribed Voltaren gel for pain. Been using 4 times a day as indicated for 3 days so far and absolutely no change. I'll keep using it for 2 weeks and see if there might be some improvement. "

Cath in KC (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "I have arthritis in my neck, back and knees I also have chronic pain from repeated abdominal surgeries, I have muscular pain too. Voltaren emulgel is amazing. My son played hockey to a Jr A level and had to quit due to chronic knee pain from arthritis (he is only 23) and it has helped us both a great deal. We have had no side effects and we use it for major flare-ups as it is not intended for long term daily use. We each get a big tube, even though some might find it pricey, you don't have to use a lot it lasts a long time. The relief it provides is priceless. You should not take it with oral anti-inflammatories and ask a doctor before use if you have any medical conditions and/or take medications (even natural remedies). Great product."

pinkchichi13 August 7, 2013

For Pain "I have peripheral nerve damage that caused drop foot and horrible neuropathy. For years I have suffered tingling and burning pain on my left ankle and foot, and the back of my thigh felt badly sunburned. I have seen many doctors including a pain management doctor who prescribed narcotic pain medication. None of these meds took away the burning nerve pain in my foot and the side effects interfered with my ability to concentrate at work. My family doctor prescribed Lyrica and it helped a lot, but I still had constant pain. She prescribed Voltaren gel for me to try and the results are nothing short of a miracle. After only two doses my foot felt better than it ever has since my injury in 1997. The awful constant burning sensation is gone!"

Earth Muffin (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2013

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "Amazing! Perfect!"

Sammmyy (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2013