User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Voltaren Gel Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1898 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren Gel to treat Pain

"I have Peroneus Brevis Tendonitits and was prescribed Voltarin for 21 days, 4 times per day, with icing. I felt minimal improvement for the first ten days, then nothing further. A month after starting the treatment, my foot is in no better condition than it was when I started."

KateBruce (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

"I have "jumpers knee" tendonitis. I play softball and I am a outfielder...I also workout 5 times a week. Back in my days I ran track as well...I guess it all caught up to me in my early 30's ..I couldn't lift my leg below my knee it was so painful, my sports dr prescribed Voltaren and when I used it as prescribed 4x's a day I saw a good bit of improvement..."

DeeM82 December 31, 2015

"After purchasing the medicine for shoulder pain I followed directions and applied 4 times a day. The second day the applied area ( upper arm and shoulder ) was turning dark. By the end of second day the arm was black swollen and painful. Emergency room visit did not provide any relief other than telling Me to discontinue use of gel. I have a artificial heart valve that requires that I take blood thinner which was discussed with the prescribing physician and had been used as prescribed. The arm continued to swell and the blackness continued down the arm with pain that became unbearable. A ambulance was summoned to take me back to the hosital emergency room personnel could not diganose the situation completely and I was admitted to the ward. Surgery was required"

bigjc December 31, 2015

"I had a cracked rib on the front of my chest from an airbag/accident. The pain was excruciating. Voltaren provided instant relief, a miracle drug, and the rib healed in just 3 to 4 weeks. I am now trying it on a couple of old injuries that left me with painful bone spurs in my neck as well as an old rib injury in my back that healed wrong - it is helping these too, making the pain much more bearable. Only trouble is my insurance wouldn't cover, so not sure I can afford it again."

MG in CA November 2, 2015

"Never felt any lessening of pain. After about 3 weeks of putting it on my foot, I experienced a tingling, burning sensation all the way up the leg to the knee."

JB123JB (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

"I was first introduce to use voltaren gel since i was 8 (20 years ago) by the doctor due to my leg injury. Then i had accident around 15 years ago where my right arm totally disfunctional and has healed by just applying this gel. Since then any strain injury, my family will only use voltaren emugel :)"

susan la September 5, 2015

"we went on a long walk, all day thing, my feet were in so much pain, I couldnt even move, I rubbed some on my sore spots, and almost instant relieve :) also had a sore thumb, applied the gel and vala pain gone, thank you, no more NSAIDS for me"

Bonneville1 August 17, 2015

"In have a very rare autoimmune disease. It affects my upper body; extremely painful. In addition, i also have severe pain is in my legs. Specifically front of shins. It is bad enough to wake me up. Volatarin gel does helps with the pain, almost immediately. Good luck!"

TMmac August 1, 2015

"Voltaren is amazing. It takes away my arthritis pain and helps with overly tight neck muscles. It does nothing for my Occipital Neuralgia, but does help with my chronic tendinitis in my hand."

Fushizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2015

"Long story kinda short! My knee swelled up where I couldn't even bend it. My mom gave me a tube of her gel. It worked right away when I applied it. Great stuff. Here's the best part though. I have a bulge in my lower back. I have meloxacam but I don't take it regularly because I feel that it don't help any. So one day my back is as hurting really bad so I decided to apply the gel. Glad I did because wow! It works amazing! They should most definitely test it on the back. I know surgery will be the only thing for permanent relief but I'm only 31 and one can't afford it and two it's not guarantee it would work and could make my problem worse. Next time I go to my doctor I will be asking for my own prescription."

Sarah from calera July 23, 2015

"I used the gel for 2 1/2 months after TKR 3-4 times/day. Part of the time I used the extra-strength version. I thought that it was moderately effective for pain and swelling. However, three weeks after stopping I still cannot get the odor out of my body. The extra-strength version has a different carrier, thicker and with a strong odor, and I would not use it again."

TedQ June 13, 2015

"I used this stuff on my sprained ankle after my uncle told me that his doctor recommended it for pain and inflammation. I gave it a go and I found after about 10-15 minutes the pain I had been experiencing was virtually gone. I also found that it helped heal the bruising on my ankle as well. I have fibromyalgia as well and never thought to use it on my joints, I'll for sure give it a go! The only downside to this product is it smells really bad."

Clumsy80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

"Dr. Prescribed for Tendonitis, aka Tennis Elbow on right arm. After using for 2 days, the pain is diminished and movement of the forearm, grasping with the fingers, and range of motion is very near back to normal with very little pain. I work on a computer all day, typing and mousing. I apply 2 grams, 4 times a day to the elbow area. It makes working very tolerable. I would say Voltaren is a good treatment and really helps bring my arm function back to normal with no pain for tendonitis / Tennis Elbow. Aspercreme was also ok, but the Voltaren does better. Mild stretching, exercise and movement also help and are made much easier with the Voltaren."

Elbow Hurts March 5, 2015

"I have tarsal coalition and if I am on my feet for too long I can hardly walk from the pain in my ankle. I have suffered from this since I was about 8 years old. I am 52 now and my Dr prescribed this medication for the arthritis in my hands, it didn't seem to help my hands a lot but I tried it on my ankle one night and literally within 5 minutes the pain was gone. It is amazing and I love this stuff."

sherid62 March 2, 2015

"I have been using Voltaren gel for months for chronic upper back & neck pain and for chronic migraine. It has been prescribed as an adjunct medicine for me in either case, not my primary medicine. I love this stuff! It absorbs very quickly and usually works well for me for a few hours post application. So far I have had no negative side effects from using it, just relief!"

Mackenzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2015

"Unbelievable. I just used this for the first time and had relief in about 15 minutes. 13 years of pain shots 12 doctors, 2 surgeries and I put on this gel and feel so much better. For me, it is a miracle."

WildLifeLover (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

"I have had neck pain, stiffness and spasms in my shoulder and neck for over two years. I had multiple MRI scans to try and diagnose where the pain was coming from. Two days after taking Voltaren in tablet form the symptons seemed to dissapear! I feel alive again and can't believe the relief it has given me. I'm not 100% back to normal but I'm nearly back to full health now. Fantastic stuff !"

Kassyrobe (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

"Used this gel on my neck but it did not provide any relief from the pain/discomfort."

Cat1966 September 4, 2014

"Used to treat severe back pain with spasms. Gave me good pain relief but didn't help quiet spasms. Very pleased to find a pain reliever other than narcotics that helped reduce my lower back, neck, and leg pain."

Dan0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Was using this for achilles micro tears from playing tennis, also tennis elbow-tendonitis. Side effect was blistering on the skin for treatment of achilles injury, no side effects for tennis elbow problem."

austin active (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2014

"I was diagnosed with neuropathy in my right knee down to my foot. This pain started when I was pregnant with my first son 23 years ago. It has gotten worse over the years. To make matters worse, I tore ligaments in my ankle from a fall at work. Finally after worker's comp. only with my ankle, I was referred to a neurologist. They did many tests and indicated that it was a sensory nerve injury. He gave me a sample of this gel and told me to apply it 4x a day. It worked wonders. Pain was gone! I hope it continues to works this well in the future."

Anonymous May 17, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Not sure exactly what condition I have, Doctor's have just generically named it "Peripheral Neuropathy" but there's more to it than that. I'm 38 now & I've battled this since I was a child. I have this intense burning ache that began as a child in my feet & has gotten worse over time. It also affects my hands. It used to just act up at bedtime, so bad at times that I had to wrap my feet in ice packs to get relief. Now it's all hours & hands/feet and I have a stiffness and severe putting edema that pops up & then disappears with no regularity. There's no explanation from Doctor's YET. I was given this cream and I rub it into my hands, wrists, feet, & lower legs. It does seem to calm things some, reduces the burn."

1smartdumbgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2014

"Was prescribed for my knee after a torn ligament. Was not helpful then. Just tried it again for some muscle pain in my neck again no relief."

Anonymous October 22, 2013

"Foot pain near 5th meta-tarsal. X-rays and MRI indicate possibly a small bone spur. Doctor prescribed Voltaren gel for pain. Been using 4 times a day as indicated for 3 days so far and absolutely no change. I'll keep using it for 2 weeks and see if there might be some improvement. "

Cath in KC (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2013

"I have peripheral nerve damage that caused drop foot and horrible neuropathy. For years I have suffered tingling and burning pain on my left ankle and foot, and the back of my thigh felt badly sunburned. I have seen many doctors including a pain management doctor who prescribed narcotic pain medication. None of these meds took away the burning nerve pain in my foot and the side effects interfered with my ability to concentrate at work. My family doctor prescribed Lyrica and it helped a lot, but I still had constant pain. She prescribed Voltaren gel for me to try and the results are nothing short of a miracle. After only two doses my foot felt better than it ever has since my injury in 1997. The awful constant burning sensation is gone!"

Earth Muffin (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2013

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next