User Reviews for Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Voltaren Gel.

Voltaren Gel Review Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1851 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren Gel to treat Pain

"I used this stuff on my sprained ankle after my uncle told me that his doctor recommended it for pain and inflammation. I gave it a go and I found after about 10-15 minutes the pain I had been experiencing was virtually gone. I also found that it helped heal the bruising on my ankle as well. I have fibromyalgia as well and never thought to use it on my joints, I'll for sure give it a go! The only downside to this product is it smells really bad."

Clumsy80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

"Dr. Prescribed for Tendonitis, aka Tennis Elbow on right arm. After using for 2 days, the pain is diminished and movement of the forearm, grasping with the fingers, and range of motion is very near back to normal with very little pain. I work on a computer all day, typing and mousing. I apply 2 grams, 4 times a day to the elbow area. It makes working very tolerable. I would say Voltaren is a good treatment and really helps bring my arm function back to normal with no pain for tendonitis / Tennis Elbow. Aspercreme was also ok, but the Voltaren does better. Mild stretching, exercise and movement also help and are made much easier with the Voltaren."

Elbow Hurts March 5, 2015

"I have tarsal coalition and if I am on my feet for too long I can hardly walk from the pain in my ankle. I have suffered from this since I was about 8 years old. I am 52 now and my Dr prescribed this medication for the arthritis in my hands, it didn't seem to help my hands a lot but I tried it on my ankle one night and literally within 5 minutes the pain was gone. It is amazing and I love this stuff."

sherid62 March 2, 2015

"I have been using Voltaren gel for months for chronic upper back & neck pain and for chronic migraine. It has been prescribed as an adjunct medicine for me in either case, not my primary medicine. I love this stuff! It absorbs very quickly and usually works well for me for a few hours post application. So far I have had no negative side effects from using it, just relief!"

Mackenzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2015

"Unbelievable. I just used this for the first time and had relief in about 15 minutes. 13 years of pain shots 12 doctors, 2 surgeries and I put on this gel and feel so much better. For me, it is a miracle."

WildLifeLover (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

"I have had neck pain, stiffness and spasms in my shoulder and neck for over two years. I had multiple MRI scans to try and diagnose where the pain was coming from. Two days after taking Voltaren in tablet form the symptons seemed to dissapear! I feel alive again and can't believe the relief it has given me. I'm not 100% back to normal but I'm nearly back to full health now. Fantastic stuff !"

Kassyrobe (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

"Used this gel on my neck but it did not provide any relief from the pain/discomfort."

Cat1966 September 4, 2014

"Used to treat severe back pain with spasms. Gave me good pain relief but didn't help quiet spasms. Very pleased to find a pain reliever other than narcotics that helped reduce my lower back, neck, and leg pain."

Dan0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014

"Was using this for achilles micro tears from playing tennis, also tennis elbow-tendonitis. Side effect was blistering on the skin for treatment of achilles injury, no side effects for tennis elbow problem."

austin active (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2014

"I was diagnosed with neuropathy in my right knee down to my foot. This pain started when I was pregnant with my first son 23 years ago. It has gotten worse over the years. To make matters worse, I tore ligaments in my ankle from a fall at work. Finally after worker's comp. only with my ankle, I was referred to a neurologist. They did many tests and indicated that it was a sensory nerve injury. He gave me a sample of this gel and told me to apply it 4x a day. It worked wonders. Pain was gone! I hope it continues to works this well in the future."

Anonymous May 17, 2014

"Not sure exactly what condition I have, Doctor's have just generically named it "Peripheral Neuropathy" but there's more to it than that. I'm 38 now & I've battled this since I was a child. I have this intense burning ache that began as a child in my feet & has gotten worse over time. It also affects my hands. It used to just act up at bedtime, so bad at times that I had to wrap my feet in ice packs to get relief. Now it's all hours & hands/feet and I have a stiffness and severe putting edema that pops up & then disappears with no regularity. There's no explanation from Doctor's YET. I was given this cream and I rub it into my hands, wrists, feet, & lower legs. It does seem to calm things some, reduces the burn."

1smartdumbgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2014

"Was prescribed for my knee after a torn ligament. Was not helpful then. Just tried it again for some muscle pain in my neck again no relief."

Anonymous October 22, 2013

"Foot pain near 5th meta-tarsal. X-rays and MRI indicate possibly a small bone spur. Doctor prescribed Voltaren gel for pain. Been using 4 times a day as indicated for 3 days so far and absolutely no change. I'll keep using it for 2 weeks and see if there might be some improvement. "

Cath in KC (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2013

"I have peripheral nerve damage that caused drop foot and horrible neuropathy. For years I have suffered tingling and burning pain on my left ankle and foot, and the back of my thigh felt badly sunburned. I have seen many doctors including a pain management doctor who prescribed narcotic pain medication. None of these meds took away the burning nerve pain in my foot and the side effects interfered with my ability to concentrate at work. My family doctor prescribed Lyrica and it helped a lot, but I still had constant pain. She prescribed Voltaren gel for me to try and the results are nothing short of a miracle. After only two doses my foot felt better than it ever has since my injury in 1997. The awful constant burning sensation is gone!"

Earth Muffin (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Amazing! Perfect!"

Sammmyy (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2013

"I have had horrible shooting pain in my face and head from Trigerminal neuralgia. I was written a script by my doctor who said to try it on the temple and jaw to stop the pain. Low and behold within minutes the pain stopped! This is honestly one of the best medications out there, it's amazing to have relief so quickly!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My grandmother had Voltaren gel for her, but when my knee wouldn't bend and I began to have pain, she let me use her gel. So far, I've placed it on my right knee and the pain was almost gone. I've placed the gel on again and the pain is disappearing. I'm 19 and there is no way I should be having joint pain...the gel works great."

mimilove January 14, 2013

"I use this gel for both a general purpose anti-inflammatory and for tendinitis in my wrists, It works well with inflammation and it works miracles on tendinitis. Within seconds of applying I'm able to move my wrist with almost no pain. Causes skin irritation if used too often however."

user209 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2013

"I have been using Voltaren Gel for Osteoarthritis and just had a hip replacement. Although I have a chronic condition it has helped to relieve some of the constant pain I am in. Voltaren Gel makes my day much more tolerable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2012

"I tore some muscle and tendon in my hip/leg. Had to get an injection when initially hurt and then went 3 weeks trying to deal with the pain using ibuprofen and it didn't take it down to anything other than than a 4 on my pain scale. This is awesome. It's taken it down to a 0 and I can walk without pain and sleep without waking up constantly."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

"I am happy with the Voltaren Gel. I have had 4 operations on my back. I have had metal put into my back to correct the bone structure and then had the metal taken out about 4 years later. I have been on the gel for about one year off and on as needed. It helps bring down the pain I experience on a bad day. It takes a little while to work but it gets me to sleep at night when the pain is really bad. I have degenerative joint/disc disease and also problems with my periformus muscle and this gel helps bring down the pain. I recommend it and only need to use it 2x a day as per the directions. I have made the mistake of using more than prescribed and found problems when I use too much so follow the directions."

The Mad Man January 9, 2012

"I have fibromyalgia with chronic fatigue syndrome, degenerative disc disease, a bulging disc in my lower back with arthritis of the face joints and in my hands. I hurt my back June 2010 and it is like everything that caused me pain started to feed off one another and my back was the last straw. I'm going to the chiropractor every 2 weeks. I had 3 epidurals in the space of about 3-4 months with no relief. I swapped pain management doctors and am now on 15mg of oxycodone every 6 hours, 4mg Zanaflex every 8 hours, 500mg of Naproxen every 12 hours, 40mg Celexa once a day and 600mg of Neurontin every 8 hours just to sort of be able to function. Was given a sample of Voltaren today and used it on my hands and back. Amazing! The pain is greatly diminished. Can't wait to try more."

HopefulInAlabama November 30, 2011

"I use the Voltaren gel for my back pain. I have herniated disc from L3 to L5 on both right and left with pinched nerve at S1 so I have very severe pain which radiates down the back of my legs. My doctor gave me the Voltaren gel to use and it has worked wonders for me."

backpain sufferer October 13, 2011

"I think it's probably a good product but not the right medicine for my condition. I have very inflamed painful bursitis under my scapula that throws all my muscles in my back/neck out of whack and creates a lot of transferred pain and problems for me. I was hoping this Voltaren gel my rheumatologist prescribed would help since the Celebrex and muscle relaxers alone are not doing the trick. But I do not detect any difference when I use it. However, I do occasionally get soreness in my left knee and when I tried it on that, it did seem to help."

smeggy September 11, 2011

"I have Fibromyalgia and it does help. Because fibromyalgia is a different sort of beast it helps some but does not knock it out. However, it reduces pain very quickly. Using more at one time or more frequently does not bring the pain down any more. It did not work that much on my wrists and hands where carpel tunnel is "suspected" but they are not certain what it is. Some other pain on hand and arm were helped but not overly so."

GoodStuff September 1, 2011