Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1833 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

Review by Cat1966:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): Used this gel on my neck but it did not provide any relief from the pain/discomfort.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2014 7:22 PM

Review by Dan0 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): Used to treat severe back pain with spasms. Gave me good pain relief but didn't help quiet spasms. Very pleased to find a pain reliever other than narcotics that helped reduce my lower back, neck, and leg pain.

June 19, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by gypsytejas (taken for less than 1 month):

Flector Patch (diclofenac): I tore my shoulder labrum and the pain can be off the chart. Hydrocodone and ibuprofen and ice helped some. After my doctor gave me the Flector Patch I noticed major relief in my shoulder within an hour. These work very well. These truly work.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by austin active (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): Was using this for achilles micro tears from playing tennis, also tennis elbow-tendonitis. Side effect was blistering on the skin for treatment of achilles injury, no side effects for tennis elbow problem.

May 26, 2014 5:30 PM

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): I was diagnosed with neuropathy in my right knee down to my foot. This pain started when I was pregnant with my first son 23 years ago. It has gotten worse over the years. To make matters worse, I tore ligaments in my ankle from a fall at work. Finally after worker's comp. only with my ankle, I was referred to a neurologist. They did many tests and indicated that it was a sensory nerve injury. He gave me a sample of this gel and told me to apply it 4x a day. It worked wonders. Pain was gone! I hope it continues to works this well in the future.

May 17, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by k-Yvonne:

Flector Patch (diclofenac): Had excruciating right shoulder pain radiating down my right upper arm to my shoulder with limited restrictive movement in my right arm/hand. Diagnosed tendonitis. Doctor prescribed Flector Patches which I started and noted "pain relief" in 48hours with full movement in my right shoulder, arm and hand. Very, very satisfied with Flector treatment and returning to full range of motion with my right upper extremity.

February 10, 2014 9:18 AM

Review by 1smartdumbgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): Not sure exactly what condition I have, Doctor's have just generically named it "Peripheral Neuropathy" but there's more to it than that. I'm 38 now & I've battled this since I was a child. I have this intense burning ache that began as a child in my feet & has gotten worse over time. It also affects my hands. It used to just act up at bedtime, so bad at times that I had to wrap my feet in ice packs to get relief. Now it's all hours & hands/feet and I have a stiffness and severe putting edema that pops up & then disappears with no regularity. There's no explanation from Doctor's YET. I was given this cream and I rub it into my hands, wrists, feet, & lower legs. It does seem to calm things some, reduces the burn.

January 11, 2014 7:17 PM

Review by Nahho (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Flector Patch (diclofenac): I was prescribed Flector patches after surgery to repair my collarbone, which came with frozen shoulder that I've been getting physical therapy on for weeks. I have not used the patches regularly, just when I have a little pain. Early on I had pain in the shoulder area but could not place the patch directly on the shoulder because of the surgical scar. The patches helped somewhat. Now I have some pain for stepping up workouts on the shoulder, and I can place the patch directly on the pain area, and it's working wonderfully. The patch has a kind of numbing feeling, and overall the feeling can be compared to what ibuprofen does in reducing inflammation. The patches can make me a little sleepy. They also can be a little large for certain spots

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2013 10:32 PM

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): Was prescribed for my knee after a torn ligament. Was not helpful then. Just tried it again for some muscle pain in my neck again no relief.

October 22, 2013 11:21 PM

Review by Cath in KC (taken for less than 1 month):

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): Foot pain near 5th meta-tarsal. X-rays and MRI indicate possibly a small bone spur. Doctor prescribed Voltaren gel for pain. Been using 4 times a day as indicated for 3 days so far and absolutely no change. I'll keep using it for 2 weeks and see if there might be some improvement.

October 17, 2013 10:06 AM

Review by wracked (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flector Patch (diclofenac): Used twice under walking boot for broken fibula, use for rotator cuff sprain for six weeks, used for left knee pain for three years prior to replacement of knee. Way better than an opiate, I could work! More effective too most of the time.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2013 5:29 AM

Review by Mylowerback sucks (taken for less than 1 month):

Flector Patch (diclofenac): I requested my MD to prescribe me the patch for lower T4 pain last week. Started taking it on Wednesday and today is Sunday same week. I'm now 80% better and changing the patch every 12 hours as prescribed to me. The first day (for whatever reason), I got a surge of energy when I first put on the patch. The pain subsided to about a level 3 from a level 6 after wearing it for just a few short hours. Do not stop wearing the patch as the pain will come back quickly. I did have to supplement the pain with additional meds after I did some light home repairs (despite the the warnings) and this kept the pain level down.

July 28, 2013 10:47 PM

Review by Earth Muffin (taken for less than 1 month):

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): I have peripheral nerve damage that caused drop foot and horrible neuropathy. For years I have suffered tingling and burning pain on my left ankle and foot, and the back of my thigh felt badly sunburned. I have seen many doctors including a pain management doctor who prescribed narcotic pain medication. None of these meds took away the burning nerve pain in my foot and the side effects interfered with my ability to concentrate at work. My family doctor prescribed Lyrica and it helped a lot, but I still had constant pain. She prescribed Voltaren gel for me to try and the results are nothing short of a miracle. After only two doses my foot felt better than it ever has since my injury in 1997. The awful constant burning sensation is gone!

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2013 1:12 AM

Review by The Sore One (taken for less than 1 month):

Flector Patch (diclofenac): I must say, having tried Lidoderm gel, lidocaine patches, and many others. I have to be honest, these patches are amazing, I got a real mad torn meniscus & was in unbearable pain. Pain meds didn't even help, but this patch was amazing in it's effectiveness. I got a sample from my pain management Dr., & just decided to use it thinking it can't hurt, so glad I did, MIRACLES. Note: the pain med was only Lortab but it most definitely aided in the dealing with of the pain. The only draw back, which was a big one, but pain is under control but you cannot mix other NSAID w/ this like Advil, aspirin, etc.. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I'm scared to find out their cost, I have a script for them but if the lidocaine was exactly 10$ each patch, likely more $

July 23, 2013 7:33 PM

Review by Redlucy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Flector Patch (diclofenac): I have an osteotomy in my left tibia. The surgery was a year ago, and the break has not filled in with new bone. I was prescribed the patches with the caveat that "they may not work." They work very well and my pain has decreased between 75-90%. If I use them as directed (1 every 12hrs) they are most effective. There are some issues with the adhesive on the edges but I've found if I warm them with my hand they stick better. True, there is very little movement of fabric over the area as with back issues. I work with a personal trainer 5 days a week so the leg gets a lot of use. Mine is an unusual use for these patches, but they are definitely worth a try.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2013 8:38 AM

Review by Sammmyy (taken for less than 1 month):

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): Amazing! Perfect!

June 15, 2013 12:21 AM

Review by Coach_Andy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Flector Patch (diclofenac): I have arthritis is both knees from years of athletics, in my youth. I have moderate to severe pain after long standing, use or cold. The Flector Patch on my knees are perfect. I use them as needed and I experience 90% relief without having to take any oral medicines. I am a FAN!

May 1, 2013 9:25 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): I have had horrible shooting pain in my face and head from Trigerminal neuralgia. I was written a script by my doctor who said to try it on the temple and jaw to stop the pain. Low and behold within minutes the pain stopped! This is honestly one of the best medications out there, it's amazing to have relief so quickly!

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2013 11:44 PM

Review by Tammy Lynn 61:

Flector Patch (diclofenac): Had shoulder arthroscopic surgery for a bone spur and tear four months ago. Pain was bad with little improvement the past 2 months, even with rehab/exercises and Vicodin and later Mobic (Meloxicam) and finally Motrin. Nothing worked. Couldn't sleep, constant ache from shoulder into my bicep. Rather than get a Cortisone shot yesterday, the doctor suggested I try a sample of the Flector Patch. I wore it last night and finally experienced some relief. I'd say the pain is about 75% better, and I managed to get some sleep.

January 30, 2013 2:57 PM

Review by mimilove:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): My grandmother had Voltaren gel for her, but when my knee wouldn't bend and I began to have pain, she let me use her gel. So far, I've placed it on my right knee and the pain was almost gone. I've placed the gel on again and the pain is disappearing. I'm 19 and there is no way I should be having joint pain...the gel works great.

January 14, 2013 7:39 AM

Review by user209 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): I use this gel for both a general purpose anti-inflammatory and for tendinitis in my wrists, It works well with inflammation and it works miracles on tendinitis. Within seconds of applying I'm able to move my wrist with almost no pain. Causes skin irritation if used too often however.

January 7, 2013 10:48 PM

Review by Piali3 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Flector Patch (diclofenac): I suffer with fibromyalgia mostly in my upper back and both sides of my neck. Flector patches ARE INCREDIBLE! I had been receiving pain shots for years to relieve the muscle pain that in turn caused me to have migraine/tension headaches more than 15 days per month. The major problem is that Insurance does NOT cover these patches and I have drained my Dr. of all of their samples. I highly recommend them if you can afford them!

December 26, 2012 3:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): I have been using Voltaren Gel for Osteoarthritis and just had a hip replacement. Although I have a chronic condition it has helped to relieve some of the constant pain I am in. Voltaren Gel makes my day much more tolerable.

September 22, 2012 1:33 PM

Review by Mugs Suz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Flector Patch (diclofenac): It has helped my back, but not completely eliminated pain or discomfort. The patch has greatly enhansed my quality of life, easy to use and does not cause any problems to my stomach.

September 20, 2012 11:10 PM

Flector Patch (diclofenac): Doesn't seem to work for plantar fascitis.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate