User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Review Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1784 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "The flector patch is the only medication that I have been prescribed that has significantly helped my lower back & hip pain. I have been prescribed oral pain pills & they didn't touch Of course, the insurance won't pay for them. Let me just say that without the patch my life is painful enough that I am pretty much in a recliner all day. I am going without other things to have the patch. My pain level would be 8 to 10. With the pain patch it is 3 to 5."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I had shoulder surgery 4 months ago, and honestly my Orthopedic prescribed the patches couple days ago it's really helping with my pain. And someone mentioned that is not cover by insurance? Yes it does at least my insurance, But co payment is little high but compare from $300 to $70 co pay not bad."

Anonymous August 28, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "we went on a long walk, all day thing, my feet were in so much pain, I couldnt even move, I rubbed some on my sore spots, and almost instant relieve :) also had a sore thumb, applied the gel and vala pain gone, thank you, no more NSAIDS for me"

Bonneville1 August 17, 2015

"This medicine was a joke it did nothing for my bulging back disc pain"

TANASKIP August 8, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "In have a very rare autoimmune disease. It affects my upper body; extremely painful. In addition, i also have severe pain is in my legs. Specifically front of shins. It is bad enough to wake me up. Volatarin gel does helps with the pain, almost immediately. Good luck!"

TMmac August 1, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Voltaren is amazing. It takes away my arthritis pain and helps with overly tight neck muscles. It does nothing for my Occipital Neuralgia, but does help with my chronic tendinitis in my hand."

Fushizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Long story kinda short! My knee swelled up where I couldn't even bend it. My mom gave me a tube of her gel. It worked right away when I applied it. Great stuff. Here's the best part though. I have a bulge in my lower back. I have meloxacam but I don't take it regularly because I feel that it don't help any. So one day my back is as hurting really bad so I decided to apply the gel. Glad I did because wow! It works amazing! They should most definitely test it on the back. I know surgery will be the only thing for permanent relief but I'm only 31 and one can't afford it and two it's not guarantee it would work and could make my problem worse. Next time I go to my doctor I will be asking for my own prescription."

Sarah from calera July 23, 2015

"My doctor gave me 3 samples of Pennsaid while waiting on the prescription. I don't understand any of these reviews. It does absolutely nothing for me. I was in a car accident and it appears I may have partially torn a ligament in my wrist. Maybe I was misdiagnosed and this is just the wrong medication for that? My doctor told me it would help the inflammation but all the reviews I've read are claiming "pain relief"? Thankfully I had the samples before I was forced to spend upwards of $75.00 for this useless medication."

Robhill1965 (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I used the gel for 2 1/2 months after TKR 3-4 times/day. Part of the time I used the extra-strength version. I thought that it was moderately effective for pain and swelling. However, three weeks after stopping I still cannot get the odor out of my body. The extra-strength version has a different carrier, thicker and with a strong odor, and I would not use it again."

TedQ June 13, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I used this stuff on my sprained ankle after my uncle told me that his doctor recommended it for pain and inflammation. I gave it a go and I found after about 10-15 minutes the pain I had been experiencing was virtually gone. I also found that it helped heal the bruising on my ankle as well. I have fibromyalgia as well and never thought to use it on my joints, I'll for sure give it a go! The only downside to this product is it smells really bad."

Clumsy80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I received a sample of this from my ortho hand surgeon. He said it should help while I wait for my EMG test. He wasn't lying. I have several trigger points and my right side is painful and numb due to compression from my neck and what he suspects, compression of carpal tunnel radial nerve, ulnar nerve, etc. basically everything is compressed. This patch worked wonders. Very disappointed to learn its not covered by insurance"

Corymia1031 April 25, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I have bulging disk in my lower back that usually do not give me problems that OTC NSAIDS do not help. But, about 2-3 times a year the pain would get so bad I could hardly walk. I was prescribed Flector patches and I could not believe how much better I felt the next day. I was able to get out of bed and bend over with little to no pain. These patches are so GREAT!!!!!"

ernurse708 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "The patch works well as part of a program. It and Percocet (7.5/350) work well together, 800mg ibuprofen less so. They are more effective to prevent pain for me, so don't wait for the pain to use a patch."

LGESQ March 31, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Dr. Prescribed for Tendonitis, aka Tennis Elbow on right arm. After using for 2 days, the pain is diminished and movement of the forearm, grasping with the fingers, and range of motion is very near back to normal with very little pain. I work on a computer all day, typing and mousing. I apply 2 grams, 4 times a day to the elbow area. It makes working very tolerable. I would say Voltaren is a good treatment and really helps bring my arm function back to normal with no pain for tendonitis / Tennis Elbow. Aspercreme was also ok, but the Voltaren does better. Mild stretching, exercise and movement also help and are made much easier with the Voltaren."

Elbow Hurts March 5, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have tarsal coalition and if I am on my feet for too long I can hardly walk from the pain in my ankle. I have suffered from this since I was about 8 years old. I am 52 now and my Dr prescribed this medication for the arthritis in my hands, it didn't seem to help my hands a lot but I tried it on my ankle one night and literally within 5 minutes the pain was gone. It is amazing and I love this stuff."

sherid62 March 2, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have been using Voltaren gel for months for chronic upper back & neck pain and for chronic migraine. It has been prescribed as an adjunct medicine for me in either case, not my primary medicine. I love this stuff! It absorbs very quickly and usually works well for me for a few hours post application. So far I have had no negative side effects from using it, just relief!"

Mackenzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Relieved my pain in my lower back. These patches really do work great."

Aggie87 February 14, 2015

"This is great for all muscle pain and is great for period pain! Works better than any other pain killer I have tried as its a muscle relaxant and pain killer. Not great to take all the time though only when you really needing it."

Tess1234567 February 12, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Unbelievable. I just used this for the first time and had relief in about 15 minutes. 13 years of pain shots 12 doctors, 2 surgeries and I put on this gel and feel so much better. For me, it is a miracle."

WildLifeLover (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Not really any relief need something more."

Jessica0024 (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have had neck pain, stiffness and spasms in my shoulder and neck for over two years. I had multiple MRI scans to try and diagnose where the pain was coming from. Two days after taking Voltaren in tablet form the symptons seemed to dissapear! I feel alive again and can't believe the relief it has given me. I'm not 100% back to normal but I'm nearly back to full health now. Fantastic stuff !"

Kassyrobe (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Used this gel on my neck but it did not provide any relief from the pain/discomfort."

Cat1966 September 4, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Used to treat severe back pain with spasms. Gave me good pain relief but didn't help quiet spasms. Very pleased to find a pain reliever other than narcotics that helped reduce my lower back, neck, and leg pain."

Dan0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I tore my shoulder labrum and the pain can be off the chart. Hydrocodone and ibuprofen and ice helped some. After my doctor gave me the Flector Patch I noticed major relief in my shoulder within an hour. These work very well. These truly work."

gypsytejas (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Was using this for achilles micro tears from playing tennis, also tennis elbow-tendonitis. Side effect was blistering on the skin for treatment of achilles injury, no side effects for tennis elbow problem."

austin active (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2014