User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Review Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1851 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I used this stuff on my sprained ankle after my uncle told me that his doctor recommended it for pain and inflammation. I gave it a go and I found after about 10-15 minutes the pain I had been experiencing was virtually gone. I also found that it helped heal the bruising on my ankle as well. I have fibromyalgia as well and never thought to use it on my joints, I'll for sure give it a go! The only downside to this product is it smells really bad."

Clumsy80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I received a sample of this from my ortho hand surgeon. He said it should help while I wait for my EMG test. He wasn't lying. I have several trigger points and my right side is painful and numb due to compression from my neck and what he suspects, compression of carpal tunnel radial nerve, ulnar nerve, etc. basically everything is compressed. This patch worked wonders. Very disappointed to learn its not covered by insurance"

Corymia1031 April 25, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I have bulging disk in my lower back that usually do not give me problems that OTC NSAIDS do not help. But, about 2-3 times a year the pain would get so bad I could hardly walk. I was prescribed Flector patches and I could not believe how much better I felt the next day. I was able to get out of bed and bend over with little to no pain. These patches are so GREAT!!!!!"

ernurse708 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "The patch works well as part of a program. It and Percocet (7.5/350) work well together, 800mg ibuprofen less so. They are more effective to prevent pain for me, so don't wait for the pain to use a patch."

LGESQ March 31, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Dr. Prescribed for Tendonitis, aka Tennis Elbow on right arm. After using for 2 days, the pain is diminished and movement of the forearm, grasping with the fingers, and range of motion is very near back to normal with very little pain. I work on a computer all day, typing and mousing. I apply 2 grams, 4 times a day to the elbow area. It makes working very tolerable. I would say Voltaren is a good treatment and really helps bring my arm function back to normal with no pain for tendonitis / Tennis Elbow. Aspercreme was also ok, but the Voltaren does better. Mild stretching, exercise and movement also help and are made much easier with the Voltaren."

Elbow Hurts March 5, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have tarsal coalition and if I am on my feet for too long I can hardly walk from the pain in my ankle. I have suffered from this since I was about 8 years old. I am 52 now and my Dr prescribed this medication for the arthritis in my hands, it didn't seem to help my hands a lot but I tried it on my ankle one night and literally within 5 minutes the pain was gone. It is amazing and I love this stuff."

sherid62 March 2, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have been using Voltaren gel for months for chronic upper back & neck pain and for chronic migraine. It has been prescribed as an adjunct medicine for me in either case, not my primary medicine. I love this stuff! It absorbs very quickly and usually works well for me for a few hours post application. So far I have had no negative side effects from using it, just relief!"

Mackenzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Relieved my pain in my lower back. These patches really do work great."

Aggie87 February 14, 2015

"This is great for all muscle pain and is great for period pain! Works better than any other pain killer I have tried as its a muscle relaxant and pain killer. Not great to take all the time though only when you really needing it."

Tess1234567 February 12, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Unbelievable. I just used this for the first time and had relief in about 15 minutes. 13 years of pain shots 12 doctors, 2 surgeries and I put on this gel and feel so much better. For me, it is a miracle."

WildLifeLover (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Not really any relief need something more."

Jessica0024 (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have had neck pain, stiffness and spasms in my shoulder and neck for over two years. I had multiple MRI scans to try and diagnose where the pain was coming from. Two days after taking Voltaren in tablet form the symptons seemed to dissapear! I feel alive again and can't believe the relief it has given me. I'm not 100% back to normal but I'm nearly back to full health now. Fantastic stuff !"

Kassyrobe (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Used this gel on my neck but it did not provide any relief from the pain/discomfort."

Cat1966 September 4, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Used to treat severe back pain with spasms. Gave me good pain relief but didn't help quiet spasms. Very pleased to find a pain reliever other than narcotics that helped reduce my lower back, neck, and leg pain."

Dan0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I tore my shoulder labrum and the pain can be off the chart. Hydrocodone and ibuprofen and ice helped some. After my doctor gave me the Flector Patch I noticed major relief in my shoulder within an hour. These work very well. These truly work."

gypsytejas (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Was using this for achilles micro tears from playing tennis, also tennis elbow-tendonitis. Side effect was blistering on the skin for treatment of achilles injury, no side effects for tennis elbow problem."

austin active (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was diagnosed with neuropathy in my right knee down to my foot. This pain started when I was pregnant with my first son 23 years ago. It has gotten worse over the years. To make matters worse, I tore ligaments in my ankle from a fall at work. Finally after worker's comp. only with my ankle, I was referred to a neurologist. They did many tests and indicated that it was a sensory nerve injury. He gave me a sample of this gel and told me to apply it 4x a day. It worked wonders. Pain was gone! I hope it continues to works this well in the future."

Anonymous May 17, 2014

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Had excruciating right shoulder pain radiating down my right upper arm to my shoulder with limited restrictive movement in my right arm/hand. Diagnosed tendonitis. Doctor prescribed Flector Patches which I started and noted "pain relief" in 48hours with full movement in my right shoulder, arm and hand. Very, very satisfied with Flector treatment and returning to full range of motion with my right upper extremity."

k-Yvonne February 10, 2014

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Not sure exactly what condition I have, Doctor's have just generically named it "Peripheral Neuropathy" but there's more to it than that. I'm 38 now & I've battled this since I was a child. I have this intense burning ache that began as a child in my feet & has gotten worse over time. It also affects my hands. It used to just act up at bedtime, so bad at times that I had to wrap my feet in ice packs to get relief. Now it's all hours & hands/feet and I have a stiffness and severe putting edema that pops up & then disappears with no regularity. There's no explanation from Doctor's YET. I was given this cream and I rub it into my hands, wrists, feet, & lower legs. It does seem to calm things some, reduces the burn."

1smartdumbgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2014

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I was prescribed Flector patches after surgery to repair my collarbone, which came with frozen shoulder that I've been getting physical therapy on for weeks. I have not used the patches regularly, just when I have a little pain. Early on I had pain in the shoulder area but could not place the patch directly on the shoulder because of the surgical scar. The patches helped somewhat. Now I have some pain for stepping up workouts on the shoulder, and I can place the patch directly on the pain area, and it's working wonderfully. The patch has a kind of numbing feeling, and overall the feeling can be compared to what ibuprofen does in reducing inflammation. The patches can make me a little sleepy. They also can be a little large for certain spots"

Nahho (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2013

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Was prescribed for my knee after a torn ligament. Was not helpful then. Just tried it again for some muscle pain in my neck again no relief."

Anonymous October 22, 2013

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Foot pain near 5th meta-tarsal. X-rays and MRI indicate possibly a small bone spur. Doctor prescribed Voltaren gel for pain. Been using 4 times a day as indicated for 3 days so far and absolutely no change. I'll keep using it for 2 weeks and see if there might be some improvement. "

Cath in KC (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2013

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Used twice under walking boot for broken fibula, use for rotator cuff sprain for six weeks, used for left knee pain for three years prior to replacement of knee. Way better than an opiate, I could work! More effective too most of the time."

wracked (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 6, 2013

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I requested my MD to prescribe me the patch for lower T4 pain last week. Started taking it on Wednesday and today is Sunday same week. I'm now 80% better and changing the patch every 12 hours as prescribed to me. The first day (for whatever reason), I got a surge of energy when I first put on the patch. The pain subsided to about a level 3 from a level 6 after wearing it for just a few short hours. Do not stop wearing the patch as the pain will come back quickly. I did have to supplement the pain with additional meds after I did some light home repairs (despite the the warnings) and this kept the pain level down."

Mylowerback sucks (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2013

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have peripheral nerve damage that caused drop foot and horrible neuropathy. For years I have suffered tingling and burning pain on my left ankle and foot, and the back of my thigh felt badly sunburned. I have seen many doctors including a pain management doctor who prescribed narcotic pain medication. None of these meds took away the burning nerve pain in my foot and the side effects interfered with my ability to concentrate at work. My family doctor prescribed Lyrica and it helped a lot, but I still had constant pain. She prescribed Voltaren gel for me to try and the results are nothing short of a miracle. After only two doses my foot felt better than it ever has since my injury in 1997. The awful constant burning sensation is gone!"

Earth Muffin (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next