User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Flector Patch, Klofensaid II, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel, Xrylix

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1849 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I used this for sciatic pain. The first few times it worked. Pain was reduced. Then about the 4th or 5th time I experienced a burning sensation. It was so strong that I had to wash off the medication to get relief."

Robert Roberts (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

"I had pain from shingles. Gabapentin was giving me minimal relief, I tried diclofence suggested by a friend, it gave me relief in minutes. I use the 10%, and thankful I found it worked for me."

Dee Bee March 30, 2016

"I have psoriatic arthritis with lots of foot pain. I wanted an alternative to the drugs and anti-inflammatories normally prescribed and my doctor suggested this. After reading reviews I expected this to take away the pain immediately. It didn't, but knowing that everyone is different I kept trying and I'm glad I did. Now on day three my foot pain is much better, allowing me to walk. I have had no skin reaction. The smell of the ammonia carrier can be a bit overwhelming but it dissipates quickly."

Calz (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was diagnosed with sciatic pain that affected my back and right thigh. I used the gel liberally as the pain increased. Eight days ago I stopped as my right thigh was experiencing a burning sensation in the area where I had applied the gel. I still have the burning sensation.I am on various drugs for hypettension."

cuchlane (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "After a series of pain medications and even a course of prednisone to help with my costochondritis, my doctor decided to give this a try before seeking further intensive treatment. This is the first time I've had relief from any pain, and while not clearing it completely, it does a pretty good job of reducing it significantly. I'm only worried about prolonged use and haven't come across reviews regarding that yet. Would greatly appreciate anyone's view on that as well! Also, there is a coupon for $20 that you can download directly from the website, as this can be pretty expensive. Even with insurance."

Michelle A. March 12, 2016

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "My doctor gave me samples for a pulled muscle under my right breast; glad I did not have to pay for them because they've done nothing for me!"

March2016 March 11, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was having hand pains a friend put some on my hand,I had no pain for days,I went to my Dr.got a prescription, it works no ordor,it also helps my roto tear,I had a botched surgery, it helps that pain. Thanks to my friend and this company."

Blondel (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I began seeing my doctor for neck problems, I cannot take oral NSAID'S due to Crohns disease so my doctor suggested to try them as an alternative. I had every test run from an Ortho and Neurologist with no reasoning for my neck problems other than Fibro. Sometime the back of my neck swells around two nerves on both sides that go into my arms and head, I've tried every narcotic there is but nothing but a Flector patch helps. Recently I had a very extensive knee surgery with an 8-12 month recovery time and once the incision healed I was given the okay to use these, they helped tremendously. I now have an injury while recovering and they are my life saver once again. They are very expensive but worth every penny."

clch87 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 16, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have Peroneus Brevis Tendonitits and was prescribed Voltarin for 21 days, 4 times per day, with icing. I felt minimal improvement for the first ten days, then nothing further. A month after starting the treatment, my foot is in no better condition than it was when I started."

KateBruce (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was prescribed Voltaren Gel (didn't know it came in pill form as well) for a fractured arm that had been misdiagnosed and left untreated for 3 weeks , it helped with that pain so I tried it on my knees it reduced the swelling. They look like knees again I can bend them and I don't notice have the constant pain. I have 3 degenerated disc in my lower back it doesn't seem to help with that"

Shearhare January 12, 2016

"I have tendonitis in both wrists from years of repetitive movement and a 10% gel did help but not as much as I had hoped. I had to apply it three times a day for at least 3 days before seeing any results. I experienced severe stomach cramps and diarrhea for side affects."

Badger6724 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have "jumpers knee" tendonitis. I play softball and I am a outfielder...I also workout 5 times a week. Back in my days I ran track as well...I guess it all caught up to me in my early 30's ..I couldn't lift my leg below my knee it was so painful, my sports dr prescribed Voltaren and when I used it as prescribed 4x's a day I saw a good bit of improvement..."

DeeM82 December 31, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "After purchasing the medicine for shoulder pain I followed directions and applied 4 times a day. The second day the applied area ( upper arm and shoulder ) was turning dark. By the end of second day the arm was black swollen and painful. Emergency room visit did not provide any relief other than telling Me to discontinue use of gel. I have a artificial heart valve that requires that I take blood thinner which was discussed with the prescribing physician and had been used as prescribed. The arm continued to swell and the blackness continued down the arm with pain that became unbearable. A ambulance was summoned to take me back to the hosital emergency room personnel could not diganose the situation completely and I was admitted to the ward. Surgery was required"

bigjc December 31, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "After several wrist surgeries, I developed severe tendinitis on both sides of my wrist. For 20 years, I've been living in pain 24/7. These pain patches basically feel like happiness surrounding my wrist. I still have pain but it is at a much more tolerable level. I have my life back. For me, the patches work better than pain pills. They are covered by my insurance at a higher co-pay. And, with each prescription, I have to go through this whole prior authorization wait period. Get samples from your doctor to test them out and make sure they work for you. If they do, then fight the insurance. For my wrist, I am able to cut the patches into 2 halves and makes the prescription last longer. These saved my life."

fivefootshorty (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I had a cracked rib on the front of my chest from an airbag/accident. The pain was excruciating. Voltaren provided instant relief, a miracle drug, and the rib healed in just 3 to 4 weeks. I am now trying it on a couple of old injuries that left me with painful bone spurs in my neck as well as an old rib injury in my back that healed wrong - it is helping these too, making the pain much more bearable. Only trouble is my insurance wouldn't cover, so not sure I can afford it again."

MG in CA November 2, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Never felt any lessening of pain. After about 3 weeks of putting it on my foot, I experienced a tingling, burning sensation all the way up the leg to the knee."

JB123JB (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Occupational Health at my workplace prescribed this patch for me because I apparently strained a muscle below my patellar bone... It did nothing for me! Apparently it works for everyone else, so I may just be an oddball. It was like taking a placebo and I am not even taking other pain meds... So it's not like I have a tolerance level for pain meds... This just doesn't do anything for me. It was def. a miss. "

THEREALZM (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was first introduce to use voltaren gel since i was 8 (20 years ago) by the doctor due to my leg injury. Then i had accident around 15 years ago where my right arm totally disfunctional and has healed by just applying this gel. Since then any strain injury, my family will only use voltaren emugel :)"

susan la September 5, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "The flector patch is the only medication that I have been prescribed that has significantly helped my lower back & hip pain. I have been prescribed oral pain pills & they didn't touch Of course, the insurance won't pay for them. Let me just say that without the patch my life is painful enough that I am pretty much in a recliner all day. I am going without other things to have the patch. My pain level would be 8 to 10. With the pain patch it is 3 to 5."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I had shoulder surgery 4 months ago, and honestly my Orthopedic prescribed the patches couple days ago it's really helping with my pain. And someone mentioned that is not cover by insurance? Yes it does at least my insurance, But co payment is little high but compare from $300 to $70 co pay not bad."

Anonymous August 28, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "we went on a long walk, all day thing, my feet were in so much pain, I couldnt even move, I rubbed some on my sore spots, and almost instant relieve :) also had a sore thumb, applied the gel and vala pain gone, thank you, no more NSAIDS for me"

Bonneville1 August 17, 2015

"This medicine was a joke it did nothing for my bulging back disc pain"

TANASKIP August 8, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "In have a very rare autoimmune disease. It affects my upper body; extremely painful. In addition, i also have severe pain is in my legs. Specifically front of shins. It is bad enough to wake me up. Volatarin gel does helps with the pain, almost immediately. Good luck!"

TMmac August 1, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Voltaren is amazing. It takes away my arthritis pain and helps with overly tight neck muscles. It does nothing for my Occipital Neuralgia, but does help with my chronic tendinitis in my hand."

Fushizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Long story kinda short! My knee swelled up where I couldn't even bend it. My mom gave me a tube of her gel. It worked right away when I applied it. Great stuff. Here's the best part though. I have a bulge in my lower back. I have meloxacam but I don't take it regularly because I feel that it don't help any. So one day my back is as hurting really bad so I decided to apply the gel. Glad I did because wow! It works amazing! They should most definitely test it on the back. I know surgery will be the only thing for permanent relief but I'm only 31 and one can't afford it and two it's not guarantee it would work and could make my problem worse. Next time I go to my doctor I will be asking for my own prescription."

Sarah from calera July 23, 2015