User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solaraze, Voltaren Gel

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1898 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Diclofenac to treat Pain

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have Peroneus Brevis Tendonitits and was prescribed Voltarin for 21 days, 4 times per day, with icing. I felt minimal improvement for the first ten days, then nothing further. A month after starting the treatment, my foot is in no better condition than it was when I started."

KateBruce (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

"I have tendonitis in both wrists from years of repetitive movement and a 10% gel did help but not as much as I had hoped. I had to apply it three times a day for at least 3 days before seeing any results. I experienced severe stomach cramps and diarrhea for side affects."

Badger6724 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have "jumpers knee" tendonitis. I play softball and I am a outfielder...I also workout 5 times a week. Back in my days I ran track as well...I guess it all caught up to me in my early 30's ..I couldn't lift my leg below my knee it was so painful, my sports dr prescribed Voltaren and when I used it as prescribed 4x's a day I saw a good bit of improvement..."

DeeM82 December 31, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "After purchasing the medicine for shoulder pain I followed directions and applied 4 times a day. The second day the applied area ( upper arm and shoulder ) was turning dark. By the end of second day the arm was black swollen and painful. Emergency room visit did not provide any relief other than telling Me to discontinue use of gel. I have a artificial heart valve that requires that I take blood thinner which was discussed with the prescribing physician and had been used as prescribed. The arm continued to swell and the blackness continued down the arm with pain that became unbearable. A ambulance was summoned to take me back to the hosital emergency room personnel could not diganose the situation completely and I was admitted to the ward. Surgery was required"

bigjc December 31, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "After several wrist surgeries, I developed severe tendinitis on both sides of my wrist. For 20 years, I've been living in pain 24/7. These pain patches basically feel like happiness surrounding my wrist. I still have pain but it is at a much more tolerable level. I have my life back. For me, the patches work better than pain pills. They are covered by my insurance at a higher co-pay. And, with each prescription, I have to go through this whole prior authorization wait period. Get samples from your doctor to test them out and make sure they work for you. If they do, then fight the insurance. For my wrist, I am able to cut the patches into 2 halves and makes the prescription last longer. These saved my life."

fivefootshorty (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I had a cracked rib on the front of my chest from an airbag/accident. The pain was excruciating. Voltaren provided instant relief, a miracle drug, and the rib healed in just 3 to 4 weeks. I am now trying it on a couple of old injuries that left me with painful bone spurs in my neck as well as an old rib injury in my back that healed wrong - it is helping these too, making the pain much more bearable. Only trouble is my insurance wouldn't cover, so not sure I can afford it again."

MG in CA November 2, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Never felt any lessening of pain. After about 3 weeks of putting it on my foot, I experienced a tingling, burning sensation all the way up the leg to the knee."

JB123JB (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "Occupational Health at my workplace prescribed this patch for me because I apparently strained a muscle below my patellar bone... It did nothing for me! Apparently it works for everyone else, so I may just be an oddball. It was like taking a placebo and I am not even taking other pain meds... So it's not like I have a tolerance level for pain meds... This just doesn't do anything for me. It was def. a miss. "

THEREALZM (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I was first introduce to use voltaren gel since i was 8 (20 years ago) by the doctor due to my leg injury. Then i had accident around 15 years ago where my right arm totally disfunctional and has healed by just applying this gel. Since then any strain injury, my family will only use voltaren emugel :)"

susan la September 5, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "The flector patch is the only medication that I have been prescribed that has significantly helped my lower back & hip pain. I have been prescribed oral pain pills & they didn't touch Of course, the insurance won't pay for them. Let me just say that without the patch my life is painful enough that I am pretty much in a recliner all day. I am going without other things to have the patch. My pain level would be 8 to 10. With the pain patch it is 3 to 5."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I had shoulder surgery 4 months ago, and honestly my Orthopedic prescribed the patches couple days ago it's really helping with my pain. And someone mentioned that is not cover by insurance? Yes it does at least my insurance, But co payment is little high but compare from $300 to $70 co pay not bad."

Anonymous August 28, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "we went on a long walk, all day thing, my feet were in so much pain, I couldnt even move, I rubbed some on my sore spots, and almost instant relieve :) also had a sore thumb, applied the gel and vala pain gone, thank you, no more NSAIDS for me"

Bonneville1 August 17, 2015

"This medicine was a joke it did nothing for my bulging back disc pain"

TANASKIP August 8, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "In have a very rare autoimmune disease. It affects my upper body; extremely painful. In addition, i also have severe pain is in my legs. Specifically front of shins. It is bad enough to wake me up. Volatarin gel does helps with the pain, almost immediately. Good luck!"

TMmac August 1, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Voltaren is amazing. It takes away my arthritis pain and helps with overly tight neck muscles. It does nothing for my Occipital Neuralgia, but does help with my chronic tendinitis in my hand."

Fushizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Long story kinda short! My knee swelled up where I couldn't even bend it. My mom gave me a tube of her gel. It worked right away when I applied it. Great stuff. Here's the best part though. I have a bulge in my lower back. I have meloxacam but I don't take it regularly because I feel that it don't help any. So one day my back is as hurting really bad so I decided to apply the gel. Glad I did because wow! It works amazing! They should most definitely test it on the back. I know surgery will be the only thing for permanent relief but I'm only 31 and one can't afford it and two it's not guarantee it would work and could make my problem worse. Next time I go to my doctor I will be asking for my own prescription."

Sarah from calera July 23, 2015

"My doctor gave me 3 samples of Pennsaid while waiting on the prescription. I don't understand any of these reviews. It does absolutely nothing for me. I was in a car accident and it appears I may have partially torn a ligament in my wrist. Maybe I was misdiagnosed and this is just the wrong medication for that? My doctor told me it would help the inflammation but all the reviews I've read are claiming "pain relief"? Thankfully I had the samples before I was forced to spend upwards of $75.00 for this useless medication."

Robhill1965 (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I used the gel for 2 1/2 months after TKR 3-4 times/day. Part of the time I used the extra-strength version. I thought that it was moderately effective for pain and swelling. However, three weeks after stopping I still cannot get the odor out of my body. The extra-strength version has a different carrier, thicker and with a strong odor, and I would not use it again."

TedQ June 13, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I used this stuff on my sprained ankle after my uncle told me that his doctor recommended it for pain and inflammation. I gave it a go and I found after about 10-15 minutes the pain I had been experiencing was virtually gone. I also found that it helped heal the bruising on my ankle as well. I have fibromyalgia as well and never thought to use it on my joints, I'll for sure give it a go! The only downside to this product is it smells really bad."

Clumsy80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I received a sample of this from my ortho hand surgeon. He said it should help while I wait for my EMG test. He wasn't lying. I have several trigger points and my right side is painful and numb due to compression from my neck and what he suspects, compression of carpal tunnel radial nerve, ulnar nerve, etc. basically everything is compressed. This patch worked wonders. Very disappointed to learn its not covered by insurance"

Corymia1031 April 25, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "I have bulging disk in my lower back that usually do not give me problems that OTC NSAIDS do not help. But, about 2-3 times a year the pain would get so bad I could hardly walk. I was prescribed Flector patches and I could not believe how much better I felt the next day. I was able to get out of bed and bend over with little to no pain. These patches are so GREAT!!!!!"

ernurse708 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

Flector Patch (diclofenac): "The patch works well as part of a program. It and Percocet (7.5/350) work well together, 800mg ibuprofen less so. They are more effective to prevent pain for me, so don't wait for the pain to use a patch."

LGESQ March 31, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "Dr. Prescribed for Tendonitis, aka Tennis Elbow on right arm. After using for 2 days, the pain is diminished and movement of the forearm, grasping with the fingers, and range of motion is very near back to normal with very little pain. I work on a computer all day, typing and mousing. I apply 2 grams, 4 times a day to the elbow area. It makes working very tolerable. I would say Voltaren is a good treatment and really helps bring my arm function back to normal with no pain for tendonitis / Tennis Elbow. Aspercreme was also ok, but the Voltaren does better. Mild stretching, exercise and movement also help and are made much easier with the Voltaren."

Elbow Hurts March 5, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have tarsal coalition and if I am on my feet for too long I can hardly walk from the pain in my ankle. I have suffered from this since I was about 8 years old. I am 52 now and my Dr prescribed this medication for the arthritis in my hands, it didn't seem to help my hands a lot but I tried it on my ankle one night and literally within 5 minutes the pain was gone. It is amazing and I love this stuff."

sherid62 March 2, 2015

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac): "I have been using Voltaren gel for months for chronic upper back & neck pain and for chronic migraine. It has been prescribed as an adjunct medicine for me in either case, not my primary medicine. I love this stuff! It absorbs very quickly and usually works well for me for a few hours post application. So far I have had no negative side effects from using it, just relief!"

Mackenzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2015