User Reviews for Delsym

Learn more about Delsym.

Cough 43 reviews 747 medications

Summary of Delsym reviews 43 reviews 4.0

Reviews for Delsym

For Cough "Only made a slight difference in coughing. A bag of cough drops is more effective."

Pierre108 February 4, 2016

For Cough "Did not help my cough or sickness at all."

Madi398 January 23, 2016

For Cough "I bought this medicine for my husband and after reading all these reviews I was hesitant to give it to him. His coughing not only kept him up but myself. He did take it after all and believe me he slept through the night and so did I. I can honestly say I am glad I did not listen to these reviews it really worked."

melodia January 22, 2016

For Cough "I wish I had read the reviews before taking this product! Forty five minutes after taking Delsym I had lots of belly gurgling then painful cramps and then immediate violent diarrhea! I got so dizzy & lightheaded while sitting on the toilet I almost passed out. I will never take this product again & will advise all friends & family to avoid it as well. As far as suppressing my cough, I was too afraid to cough for some time after the diarrhea started!!"

Smarter now January 20, 2016

For Cough "This cough medicine was not only ineffective, the grape taste and consistency was awful. Waste of money."

Did not work (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

For Cough "Stopped my cough and I was able to sleep. But I was awakened a couple of times during the night with a severe diarrhea accident. I don't think I'll take again for that reason. The diarrhea past in about 12 hours."

ggtexas (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

For Cough "Complete waste of almost $15 I paid for a bottle of this stuff. It made my cough & dry throat even worse so that I got very little sleep. I've taken it for 3 nights, each night with the same result, I wish I would have read reviews beforehand, I definitely would not have bought this."

ajk64 (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Cough "Helped the dry cough for sure! But I am currently on the can as I write this. The reviews are spot on (Wish I read them before I took up to 3 doses). I've traded a horrible cough for uncontrollable bowel movements!"

InformedConsumer89 January 6, 2016

For Cough "Worse thing I have ever purchased in my life. Coughing worsens with this and didn't let me sleep all night. Triggers dry throat and cough attacks."

Anonymous January 2, 2016

For Cough "My six year old daughter is an asthmatic and the coughing she does while having a cold/flu tend to trigger it. I wanted to try a cough medicine just for bedtime to help her sleep comfortably without coughing spells. Sure enough Delsym did the trick! I had tried Mucinex and several others for children but felt they only made it worse. Within 35 min. The couching had stopped. I give Delsym an 8 out of 10 because it doesn't last the full 12 hours but close to it. My daughter had no side effects as far as bowel movements, gas, or hives. Just a cured cough"

Melly2437 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2015

For Cough "This medicine is amazing and works better than anything else I tried. It has been a week that I've been sick and can't breath, shortness of breath. I take this and feel all better."

sammijane December 13, 2015

For Cough "I took this well over an hour ago. My cough has not stopped, if anything, it almost feels like the Delsym made it worse."

LaurenELewis December 4, 2015

For Cough "works great most of the time, only thing i can say is that it doesn't necessarily work for 12 hours but still gets the job done for half that time at least. Usually dims the coughing but doesnt stop it, buy cold medicine to treat the cold"

xlcashmoneylx (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Cough "I had purchased Delsym nighttime night strength for a cold the first night it worked great the second night I got the worst pain in my upper abs, than came nausea , followed by actually throwing up and a small bout of diarrhea. I am not sure if it was the lack of food contents in my stomach or what but it was a horrible experience"

Connie329 November 10, 2015

For Cough "Gave this to my kids and they were up with diarrhea all night. Lots of gas on the stomach, with cramping as well."

Gaby123456 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

For Cough "Been using this for about 7-8 years now. Unlike the sugar laced alcohol that is in most cough syrup, this stuff is the best. Takes about 45 min before it starts working, but after that, no more cough. In regards to diarrhea, no one in my family has had the experience described by some (or the same person posting over and over)"

daxg (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2015

For Cough "Took Delsym to quiet my cough so I could sleep. Ended up staying awake all night due to nausea and diarrhea. Needless to say I would definitely NOT recommend and will never take this medicine again!"

ADHi1 September 9, 2015

For Cough "Gave this high priced, 12 hour cough "suppressant" in the kiddie version, to my 6 year old. The only thing it suppressed, was his ability to sleep. Worse product I've ever purchased for him."

Mommy H September 7, 2015

For Cough "Effective at stopping cough - gave me diarrhea."

melaniemelanie September 6, 2015

For Cough "Stopped the cough, but jump started my bowels. Took it before bed and spent the morning on the toilet. All I had before was a cough, now I can't leave the house. Wish I could charge them for a sick day. On the upside: I'm just one dose of Delsym from my goal weight!"

Rizzledizzle (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

For Cough "Did not help cough, have me diahreea, and made me feel loopy."

Es1234 June 18, 2015

For Cough "Was a minor help with my cough. Was a major help in giving me diarrhea. Needless to say, I would not recommend it."

Anonymous June 3, 2015

For Cough "Helped limitedly for cough, but lead to severe diarrhea.....will not take again."

Anonymous May 30, 2015

For Cough "Helped a lot with the cough. if you take it without food it does give you that 'out of it' feeling. The downside was that it gave me terrible, super watery diarrhea."

w710 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

For Cough "I was traveling and started having dry, allergy-related cough. Trying to suppress it long enough to give a presentation and Delsym worked perfectly. But as others noted, started to have diarrhea. I didn't connect it right away to Delsym, because when traveling everything is disrupted. Now home, everything had mostly cleared up and took the last dose last night, and sure enough diarrhea back today. I take no other meds."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015