Medication Guide App

4.6
Summary of Delsym reviews 17 reviews 4.6

Reviews for Delsym

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: This medicine gave my 7 year old and his schoolmate a serious case of the Hives. If this happens to you, stop taking it and Benadryl will counteract the Hives.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Mary111:

For Cough: Helped my cough from a cold when nothing else would. I'd give it an A.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2015 7:45 PM

Review by Delsym runs:

For Cough: Delsym is ok at cough suppression, depending on severity, but if you want to have hot liquid diarrhea all night within hours, then this is your medication. It sent me to the toilet faster than the laxatives you take the day before a colonoscopy. And it did not stop until 12 hours later. This is the single most poisonous substance I have ever ingested.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2015 3:43 PM

Review by Createdtobhated (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: Definitely works, but definitely gave me diarrhea, and fast.

January 1, 2015 9:02 PM

Review by Jill L:

For Cough: Coughing worse after taking

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2014 10:26 PM

Review by Janie52 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: I had a long term chronic cough a few years back & was buying everything on the shelf, nothing worked. My hubby asked the Pharmacist what he would recommend & he said Delsym the orange stuff, thought it was expensive but bought it. I immediately stopped coughing. Well here I am coughing again for a long time & finally broke down & bought some, no more cough with one dose & may take a dose today. Thanks for this great product.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 12:02 PM

Review by Nickepik:

For Cough: If you'd rather have diarrhea than a dry cough, this is your medicine!

November 23, 2014 1:25 AM

Review by sick workin woman:

For Cough: It did stop the cough, got up all the junk in my lungs and allowed me to continue my work day. However it gave me such terrible stomach pain I was very near calling it quits and going home. Taking a smaller dose with food made this problem much more tolerable, yet that burning feeling lingered for hours after.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Review by colduser (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: It stopped my cough, but I had severe diarrhea. I figured it out after it happened to me twice.

August 5, 2014 10:00 AM

Review by acoch123455$:

For Cough: Helped with cough but couldn't sleep and had very severe diarrhea.

January 11, 2014 10:47 AM

Review by weetowu (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: Works really well, like Tussinex without the codeine. Tastes better than other cough medicines too. Non drowsy, but also didn't make me jittery so I could take it and sleep. Closest thing to Tussinex over the counter.

February 27, 2013 8:33 AM

For Cough: I actually came on the site to see if severe diarrhea was a listed side effect. I have taken other products with the same active ingredients and not had this happen. Twice I have taken Delsym, which I buy for my kids, and had severe diarrhea. It must be an sweetener or thickener that they use. That being said, I haven't coughed in hours.

July 2, 2012 7:58 AM

For Cough: Kept me up all night, felt nervous, anxious....upset my stomach and I was still coughing.

February 20, 2012 5:36 AM

For Cough: Although it did stop the coughing, I had a bad allergic reaction. My body started itching, my tongue and lips swelled. And when the itching stopped, things felt weird.

February 16, 2012 3:59 AM

For Cough: Really does calm your cough and allows the mucous to thin so you can cough it up.

January 7, 2012 2:56 AM

For Cough: I took this before bed and was kept up all night with anxiety/ panic attacks. I felt drowsy and depressed the following day.

November 25, 2011 6:40 PM

For Cough: Two hours after taking this had severe diarrhea.

September 28, 2011 6:08 AM