User Reviews for Delsym

Cough 23 reviews 699 medications

4.4
Summary of Delsym reviews 23 reviews 4.4

Reviews for Delsym

For Cough "Did not help cough, have me diahreea, and made me feel loopy."

Es1234 June 18, 2015

For Cough "Was a minor help with my cough. Was a major help in giving me diarrhea. Needless to say, I would not recommend it."

Anonymous June 3, 2015

For Cough "Helped limitedly for cough, but lead to severe diarrhea.....will not take again."

Anonymous May 30, 2015

For Cough "Helped a lot with the cough. if you take it without food it does give you that 'out of it' feeling. The downside was that it gave me terrible, super watery diarrhea."

w710 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

For Cough "I was traveling and started having dry, allergy-related cough. Trying to suppress it long enough to give a presentation and Delsym worked perfectly. But as others noted, started to have diarrhea. I didn't connect it right away to Delsym, because when traveling everything is disrupted. Now home, everything had mostly cleared up and took the last dose last night, and sure enough diarrhea back today. I take no other meds."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

For Cough "It definitely helps my cough. But it makes me so dizzy, I feel like my surroundings are going by at 100mph when I walk. I would NOT drive after taking it. I also feel a little "out of it", but that could just be having a sinus infection. I didn't have a problem with diarrhea like some people have mentioned."

aaaubreyyy April 9, 2015

For Cough "This medicine gave my 7 year old and his schoolmate a serious case of the Hives. If this happens to you, stop taking it and Benadryl will counteract the Hives."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Cough "Helped my cough from a cold when nothing else would. I'd give it an A."

Mary111 March 4, 2015

For Cough "Delsym is ok at cough suppression, depending on severity, but if you want to have hot liquid diarrhea all night within hours, then this is your medication. It sent me to the toilet faster than the laxatives you take the day before a colonoscopy. And it did not stop until 12 hours later. This is the single most poisonous substance I have ever ingested. "

Delsym runs February 19, 2015

For Cough "Definitely works, but definitely gave me diarrhea, and fast."

Createdtobhated (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2015

For Cough "Coughing worse after taking"

Jill L December 28, 2014

For Cough "I had a long term chronic cough a few years back & was buying everything on the shelf, nothing worked. My hubby asked the Pharmacist what he would recommend & he said Delsym the orange stuff, thought it was expensive but bought it. I immediately stopped coughing. Well here I am coughing again for a long time & finally broke down & bought some, no more cough with one dose & may take a dose today. Thanks for this great product."

Janie52 (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2014

For Cough "If you'd rather have diarrhea than a dry cough, this is your medicine!"

Nickepik November 23, 2014

For Cough "It did stop the cough, got up all the junk in my lungs and allowed me to continue my work day. However it gave me such terrible stomach pain I was very near calling it quits and going home. Taking a smaller dose with food made this problem much more tolerable, yet that burning feeling lingered for hours after."

sick workin woman September 6, 2014

For Cough "It stopped my cough, but I had severe diarrhea. I figured it out after it happened to me twice."

colduser (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2014

For Cough "Helped with cough but couldn't sleep and had very severe diarrhea."

acoch123455$ January 11, 2014

For Cough "Works really well, like Tussinex without the codeine. Tastes better than other cough medicines too. Non drowsy, but also didn't make me jittery so I could take it and sleep. Closest thing to Tussinex over the counter."

weetowu (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2013

For Cough "I actually came on the site to see if severe diarrhea was a listed side effect. I have taken other products with the same active ingredients and not had this happen. Twice I have taken Delsym, which I buy for my kids, and had severe diarrhea. It must be an sweetener or thickener that they use. That being said, I haven't coughed in hours."

Anonymous July 2, 2012

For Cough "Kept me up all night, felt nervous, anxious....upset my stomach and I was still coughing."

Anonymous February 20, 2012

For Cough "Although it did stop the coughing, I had a bad allergic reaction. My body started itching, my tongue and lips swelled. And when the itching stopped, things felt weird."

Anonymous February 16, 2012

For Cough "Really does calm your cough and allows the mucous to thin so you can cough it up."

Anonymous January 7, 2012

For Cough "I took this before bed and was kept up all night with anxiety/ panic attacks. I felt drowsy and depressed the following day."

Anonymous November 25, 2011

For Cough "Two hours after taking this had severe diarrhea."

Anonymous September 28, 2011