User Reviews for Nuedexta

Learn more about Nuedexta.

Pseudobulbar Affect 7 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Nuedexta reviews 7 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Nuedexta

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Pseudobulbar Affect: I have been crying inappropriately since a stroke 2 years ago. Nuedexta has helped me keep my emotions in check. I still cry, but usually in more appropriate situations. Recommend it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2014 9:15 PM

Review by Deb I:

For Pseudobulbar Affect: This medication addressed inappropriate crying and laughing that has plagued me since a right frontal lobe aneurysm rupture 10 years ago. Took a few weeks to adjust to the side effects but well worth the effort!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2014 11:16 AM

Review by Granfather (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pseudobulbar Affect: After finally dad was diagnosed with Dementia/Alzeihmer's he went through aggressive behavior, tried to hurt himself. Risperidone helped with aggression but the constant yelling and crying started. After lots of trials the doctor prescribed Nuedexta, which took away most of the yelling and crying. He is more alert and thinking clearer. We are truly happy to be able to visit and enjoy the time together.

May 8, 2013 8:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pseudobulbar Affect: This medicine has changed my life. I suffer from rapid cycling bipolar. My up and down mood swings had been well controlled with valproic acid but I was left with spontaneous crying jags. It was so frustrated to be completely unable to control my outward emotional appearance. It's hard to be taken seriously at work or find a new job if I look like I'm having a total breakdown. Internally of course I know this will be over in minutes and I don't feel any emotion about it at all except intense embarrassment. I found I started to avoid situations I couldn't predict. After about two weeks on this medication twice a day, my crying stopped. I feel like a new person. I am so much more confident about going about my daily life.

August 29, 2012 3:46 PM

For Pseudobulbar Affect: I suffered a bilateral subarachnoid brain hemorrhage and am happy to be alive. However, one of many hurtles left behind for me to deal with was laughing at inappropriate times and crying at the drop of a hat. My brilliant Doctor, prescribed Nuedexta. I have not had an outburst since taking the medicine and no side effects at all.

November 16, 2011 1:01 AM

For Pseudobulbar Affect: Diagnosed with a paraneoplastic neurological syndrome that has been progressive. Latest development was extreme mood changes and sudden outbursts. After one week on Nuedexta, I felt much improvement. Had to stop during third week due to infection (I am immunodeficient due to chemo) and antibiotic I was taking. Fell back into prior symptoms. Now into second week retaking and positive effect is the same as the first time around. The difference is remarkable.

October 19, 2011 6:35 PM

Review by anonpoet:

For Pseudobulbar Affect: It has been about two weeks since I've been taking Nuedexta. I went to my doctor back then as I was having angry outbursts as well as increased thoughts of hurting myself or others. Additionally, my anger was taking over any type of rational decision making. My doctor prescribed Nuedexta...just more recently, I've felt somewhat of a change. I don't feel as angry and if I'm in an anger-provoking situation, I know I have to "step aside" and take time out. This never happened until I took Nuedexta. The only complaint I have about the medicine is that since it's new on the market--as far as I know, as the pharmacist had never heard of it--the cost was high and I had to wait a day for the prescription to be delivered.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2011 9:10 AM