User Reviews for Dexedrine

Learn more about Dexedrine.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 2 reviews 21 medications

9.5
ADHD 36 reviews 62 medications

Narcolepsy 6 reviews 13 medications

8.7
Summary of Dexedrine reviews 44 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Dexedrine

Review by procadman:

For ADHD: I have used it for over 15 years. An EEG showed I had quite a bit of extraneous thought, a left and right hemisphere that had identical thought processes and a temporal lobe that was off the chart. Dexedrine changed my life. Unfortunately many Doctors are using outdated/outmoded technology and refuse to prescribe it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2014 4:49 PM

Review by Deano64:

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: Heightened sexual experience and multiple erections. At times orgasm may come faster but recovery is fast and frequent.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2014 4:45 PM

Review by Aria28 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For ADHD: I would suggest anyone on this, to stop or take a break once you've noticed your reasoning, memory recall abilities becoming hindered. Even though I'm happy with the benefits of focus, it's not worth losing your short-term memory. Overtime, I noticed my math skills declined, followed by my word recall, spelling and now I can't remember stories or study material. It's extremely debilitating, I'm trying to figure out how to reverse the side effects.

September 22, 2014 4:30 PM

Review by Wolverine1999 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For ADHD: This worked from the very second I started on it 5 years ago; Helped me focus like never before, although being someone with OCD who noticed most things anyway, this magnified it 10 fold. Gave a reserve of energy that helped even when tired. Only side-effects were that you build up a tolerance rather quickly when it comes to the original effect, I began to grind my teeth as I slept, and Had the worst dry mouth ever...could drink a gallon of water in 2 minutes and still have the driest mouth ever. Would recommend.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 6:53 PM

Review by Watchilla:

For Narcolepsy: Hopefully my experience will give some with Narcolepsy a little bit of relief taking this medicine. I started taking Dexedrine when I was 31 years old and 100 tablets of Dexedrine cost $5. I am now 71 years old and have been taking this for 40 years and I am still alive without any bad side effects that I am aware of. After taking Dexedrine, I finished nursing school and became an RN. Since that time I have retired. As a teenager in high school, I thought that studying was going to my bed with a book and falling asleep. If it wasn't for a clerical course, I would have never graduated as I couldn't fall asleep typing or taking shorthand. I was amazed how Dexedrine helped me. My does is 2 10 mg tablets 3 times a day.

July 19, 2014 12:10 PM

Review by Cubster:

For ADHD: Like Adderall without an increased heart rate and increased blood pressure. Also less "edgy".

June 6, 2014 7:47 PM

Review by that kathydee lady (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For ADHD: This was one of many I tried. I was more satisfied with this one than any of the others. I never had headaches(with some I had terrible headaches!) the time release worked very well. Overall I rate this medicine the best in it's category.

May 13, 2014 6:39 PM

Review by Sim123:

For ADHD: Great medicine, I recently restarted this medicine after 10 years and I feel normal again. This medicine has given me great peace in my life. I feel calm and collected and I'm quickly understanding what its like to have "free time" I insist that people who find results using this medicine ensure those in government understand the increase in quality of life we are all experiencing. I've rated this medicine 10/10 purely because any cons I've experienced are meaningless compared to been given a life.

April 14, 2014 4:01 AM

Review by TB-303:

For ADHD: I'm 46 and was diagnosed with ADHD 2 times when I was a kid but never took the medicine. My life's always felt out of control and emotional roller coaster. I tried Adderall first but it made me to jumpy. I switched to Dextroamphetamine and once I got past the first week and up to my 20 mg a day everything became so much easier to deal with in life. Less stress, better sleep at night and makes me feel "normal". Best medicine in the world but the cost is absolutely ridiculous as I have no insurance.

December 23, 2013 2:00 AM

Review by MaximillianL:

For ADHD: Dexedrine is a SUPERB medication for controlling ADHD Impulsivity. It's a 100% smooth and clean ride compared to Adderall. Unfortunately for me though I lack motivation so Adderall is a better choice for me. I did rate this out of Symptom control. If Dexedrine motivated like Adderall does it would literally be the perfect medication. Pros: Superior Focus Reduced Impulsive decisions the best. Side effects are minimal compared to Adderall Cons: Lacks motivational Kick that Adderall delivers. Only comes in 5MG, 10MG, & 15MG Capsules and is expensive.

November 30, 2013 8:00 PM

Review by Sauce3000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: Adderall 30mg/day = you feel like a genius, work hard, EYES OPEN WIDE. But at the end of the work day, I still couldn't stop myself from falling asleep on the skytrain at around 4:30 pm when I try to read. Don't think it helped much with depression and anxiety. Dexedrine 3 10mg/day = You have tunnel vision, Focused, block out distractions, helps with my severe anxiety. I think the depression is pretty under control too. Can read all day if I want. Could have really used this when I began my studies, 4 years ago! Not a month ago, with one course.... Either one, I think you perform better at work and school, but Adderall just wore off, so studying after work, you would still need coffee, or a power nap

October 25, 2013 6:35 PM

Review by Hummer Guy:

For ADHD: This is a wonderful medication. I am so happy I switched from Adderall. I find the focus and concentration to be awesome. Without a doubt it is the cleanest feeling ADHD medications on the market. If you have co-morbid anxiety disorders, this is the medicine to go for. I always felt anxious on Adderal or Ritalin, but the Dexedrine is so smooth that I find my anxiety is being helped! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has ADHD, especially when others have caused increased agitation. I believe this is the best ADHD medicine on the market.

August 30, 2013 1:23 AM

Review by marymcg:

For ADHD: My son is now 9. Since 4 years old we have tried every single (literally!) ADHD medication on the market and every single (literally!) medication was never without any serious side effects. My sons specialist suggested Dexedrine as the very last alternative before trying antidepressants. I was hopelessly optimistic, but this medication is truly a gift. I don't know how else to describe it other than being "smooth" and without it I don't know what we would do. His specialist basically said this medicine is a more pure form of amphetamine than the other name brands on the market. If you have tried medicine after medicine....give this a try. It has saved my son and our family.

July 11, 2013 3:56 PM

Review by Lizzi Tree (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: Got this for ADD and my chronic fatigue. It changed me. Grades in school went from 60s-80s, I could actually focus long enough to plan my life and pay attention. Only problem I had was the tolerance, although my dosage was raised and now I can take it regularly without feeling it, it made it really hard to sleep if I took it to late, and if the dosage is too high, or you are just starting, you get a really unpleasant buzz. Even though that buzz makes you super motivated and lets you get stuff done, it makes it really hard to relax and makes you more prone to panic attacks.

June 5, 2013 7:05 AM

Review by Guest12:

For ADHD: This is the best medicine I've ever tried. It's very smooth and easy on body with least side effect.

February 14, 2013 6:27 PM

Review by MatthewTeee:

For ADHD: Dexedrine, is simply a miracle. Ever since I was young I felt distant from everyone around me, and I felt as though I was always in my own world. My grades at school really started to suffer once I reached high school which was because of my undiagnosed ADHD. Homework and projects deemed impossible because I could NOT concentrate. Now, after being diagnosed with adult ADHD, I am on Dexedrine XL 15mg and Dexedrine SR 5mg. With this medication, I am doing very well in my university studies. My mind is clutter-free, and I can actually focus on the task at hand! Its simply GREAT! Dexedrine also works great for giving me tons of energy, especially when I need it for work and night school.

February 4, 2013 11:42 PM

Review by Gargamel49 (taken for 10 years or more):

For ADHD: I'm 38. Been taking Dexedrine now for my fourth time for a month. I was diagnosed at 21 in 1995. I tried Ritalin for a couple weeks and stopped. Went untreated for a few more years. Went to my doctor about my wild mood swings and EXTREME emotions and told him about Ritalin. He said I should try Dexedrine. Instantly it did wonders. If a coworker said something that would have offended me and got me bent out of shape, it just rolled off my back. I felt great and inspired. It didn't affect my sex drive at all.

January 3, 2013 1:40 AM

Review by crazychristina (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: I'm a 32 yo girl who has been diagnosed with mood disorder spectrum, which includes: bi-polar II, generalized anxiety/panic disorders and social phobia disorder. I've been treated for them separately for 15 yrs with every psych medicine out there. I haven't been feeling right for awhile, I went off medicines during my 2 pregnancies in last 3yrs. Recently I saw a new Dr that told me about my mood disorder spectrum but he also said I had severe case of ADD which I had never been diagnosed with before. My insurance would only pay for Dexedrine. By my 2nd dose I felt like a new person! I was scared the stimulants would make my anxiety worse but it really makes me calmer and focused. My friends noticed after 1St day that I was feeling better. It's the best thing since Xanax!

December 14, 2012 11:08 PM

Review by fancyfree286 (taken for 10 years or more):

For ADHD: I have been on Dexedrine XR 2 15mg in morning for 19 years and I don't know what I wound do without it. When I go a day with it I just can't seem to get my everyday living done I feel scatter brain my thoughts don't make sense some time and I feel like my brain cant keep up with itself and that is no way to live. I'm so thankful for this medicine because without I don't know where I would be in life.

September 19, 2012 1:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For ADHD: My experience is limited since I have only been on this medication for a few days. I am a medical resident, diagnosed with ADHD at 32. Got sick and tired of my mediocre performance at work. Tried Straterra, Viibryd and Wellbutrin, nothing worked. Just started on Dexedrine 5mg 2-3 times a day. My first day on it, I studied all day until midnight. I was so motivated, I felt great, on top of the world, I was so driven. I noticed an immediate difference in my performance at work and it made me a nicer, less cynical. The bad thing was insomnia, teeth clenching, some nausea, decreased appetite and the drop in my mood once it wore off. I am worried about intolerance which is driving up my anxiety level.

July 20, 2012 9:45 PM

Review by Cheezmo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For ADHD: I'm taking pharmacy technician courses right now and I don't know how I could do it without Dexedrine. The course is compressed and there is a tonne of information to take in a short time. I can often tell if I've missed a dose, or it's near time for my noon dose, because I will just plain zone out. Docs tried me on Wellbutrin and Concerta, and those did nothing, so Dexedrine seems the way to go! Really depends on the individual though.

July 6, 2012 2:11 PM

Review by closedloop (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For ADHD: I have found that Dextroamphetamine ER cap (AKA Dexedrine spansules) are best for treating my ADHD. I have tried Ritalin and Adderall and both came with bad side effects. Ritalin made me a zombie and Adderall had sexual and hyper-tension side effects. The switch to Dextroamphetamine has increased my focus, alleviated my ADHD symptoms, and also increased my sex drive. I had to take 10mg x 4 Adderall but find that 10mg x 2 Dexedrine ER works for me. So I was able to decrease my intake of amphetamine while switching to Dexedrine. After 1/2 year, I have found no negative side effects whatsoever.

June 2, 2012 5:08 PM

Review by VintageBeachgirl:

For Narcolepsy: I have been taking one 10 mg spansule and one 5 mg tablet in the morning and same dose at lunchtime for over ten years (since I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy). It has been a life saver for me. Keeps me alert while driving. I was told by several Doctors over the years to STOP taking it because I would need more and more of it as time went on. My dose has always been the same and I sometimes don't take all of that. My neurologist has recently started me on Nuvigil and since that may work by itself I have decided to taper myself off the Dexedrine to see if the Nuvigil may be all I need. So far no problems. I agree with comment that Dexedrine has an un-deserved bad rep.

April 23, 2012 10:53 AM

For ADHD: I've taken many different medications for my ADHD over the years, Adderall, Ritalin, Strattera, Concerta and Vyvanse. Dexedrinne is the most effective with almost no side effects. I only experienced slight appetite suppression with it and it never effected my mood negatively nor did I ever feel "cracked-out" on it. I now take Vyvanse because the slow release works better with another medication I take; however, I would strongly recommend Dexedrine to anyone who is looking for an effective treatment for ADHD.

April 8, 2012 9:30 PM

For ADHD: Was on Dexedrine for 10 years. Loved it. Just stopped last month because I had tachycardia and an ectopic arrhythmia. Both started about 2 years ago, and I only recently had confirmed that both are non-existent when off of Dexedrine. Have been taking 30mg/day. Switching to Strattera tomorrow, hoping it can provide all the benefits of Dexedrine without the heart issues!

February 28, 2012 12:14 PM