User Reviews for Dexedrine

Learn more about Dexedrine.

Dexedrine review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Narcolepsy.

Reviews for Dexedrine to treat Narcolepsy

Review by Watchilla:

Hopefully my experience will give some with Narcolepsy a little bit of relief taking this medicine. I started taking Dexedrine when I was 31 years old and 100 tablets of Dexedrine cost $5. I am now 71 years old and have been taking this for 40 years and I am still alive without any bad side effects that I am aware of. After taking Dexedrine, I finished nursing school and became an RN. Since that time I have retired. As a teenager in high school, I thought that studying was going to my bed with a book and falling asleep. If it wasn't for a clerical course, I would have never graduated as I couldn't fall asleep typing or taking shorthand. I was amazed how Dexedrine helped me. My does is 2 10 mg tablets 3 times a day.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2014 12:10 PM

Review by VintageBeachgirl:

I have been taking one 10 mg spansule and one 5 mg tablet in the morning and same dose at lunchtime for over ten years (since I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy). It has been a life saver for me. Keeps me alert while driving. I was told by several Doctors over the years to STOP taking it because I would need more and more of it as time went on. My dose has always been the same and I sometimes don't take all of that. My neurologist has recently started me on Nuvigil and since that may work by itself I have decided to taper myself off the Dexedrine to see if the Nuvigil may be all I need. So far no problems. I agree with comment that Dexedrine has an un-deserved bad rep.

April 23, 2012 10:53 AM

Review by riL0:

Dexedrine is great, aside from the increased anxiety. I currently take 90mg daily - both the 5mg tabs and the 15mg spansules. I require two 20mins naps/day, but will still have sleep attacks if I'm inactive. It may not sound overly great but without Dexedrine I'd never leave my bed/couch, as I fall asleep every 10 mins. So essentially, it does a world of difference.

March 4, 2011 1:12 AM

Review by roc b.:

I was diagnosed with narcolepsy about 5 years ago and have had very good results by taking Dexedrine.

June 10, 2009 2:56 PM

Review by Sleepin' Beauty:

I am at the maximum amount per day 60mg. It has helped to a certain extent. I do not need a nap to make it through a normal work day. I still have random sleep attacks when sitting/quite/inactive. It only lasts about 10 hours for me. (That is at the maximum allowable daily dosage).

May 1, 2009 5:56 PM

Review by jackinoakland:

Helps a great deal with daytime sleepiness, which I had all my adult life until Dexedrine. No side effects at 5 to 7.5 mg a day. At 10 mg sometimes anxiety or tension, but not always. No rebound effect or depression if I stop taking it. Not the dangerous drug some people would have you think.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2008 10:40 PM