User Reviews for Kapidex

Learn more about Kapidex.

Kapidex review summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 144 medications used in the treatment of GERD.

Reviews for Kapidex to treat GERD

Kapidex has been the best drug I've been on for GERD. I can eat pretty much all foods now and not deal with chest tightness or nausea that comes with having a hiatial hernia and GERD. I would give this medicine a 10, but the side effects....They are not major or bad, but they are there. Since taking the medicine I haven't had diarrhea, but have been constipated on some days. I have had the stomach pains which feel like really bad cramps. But, the worst has been I'm now recovering from a common cold which is a side effect. I wasn't around anyone sick and my allergies are over, so I pinpointed the medicines. Other than that, great medicine!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2010 8:10 AM

Have taken Prevacid, Protonix, Prilosec up to 2 times a day along with having taken Tagamet, Zantac in between with up to 15 tums a day and still daily severe burning and pain in chest. Then took this pill. Now it's the only thing I take and no more pain. Its great, no side effects noted yet.

May 23, 2010 1:25 PM

Great medicine, I find it works best when I take it everyday around the same time. Also, I went to the Kapidex website, registered there and got a coupon for $25 for 30. I'll gladly pay $25 per month for the relief this medicine brings.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2010 3:38 PM

Review by latina44:

It is my first day on Kapidex and I must say I have never felt better. I have been on Nexium and Aciphex with side effects. It is just my first day so I can't say I won't have side effects but I have had a completely normal day and I forgot what it felt like to feel normal. Right now, today, life is very good.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2010 7:31 PM

Great medicine. No side effects. The price is high but if it works I will take it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2010 4:13 PM

Review by mazzz:

Was given this to substitute for Protonix due to insurance conflicts and price. This works better than anything before as long as you keep it regular in your system. I have only experienced minor side effects while on it thus far, including minor cramps, loose stools and an occasional rash on my neck or face (which is common).

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2010 2:23 PM

I have had severe GERD for over 11 years and have taken prescription Prilosec and it worked great. However, all of a sudden it stopped working and I was miserable and couldn't sleep, eat, or think about anything other than how much my stomach and esophagus hurt. The doctor prescribed Kapidex and the GERD totally went away; however terrible intestinal pain, gas, and watery loose stools began. I tried for 2 weeks in hopes the side effects would go away but they didn't so now I am back to Prilosec and pain but at least I can leave the bathroom.

March 7, 2010 4:28 PM

I took this medicine for 2 months. It took the heartburn completely away, however, I did have loose stool for a while but it went away. The only thing is when I went to get my 3rd bottle, the pharmacist said my doctor would have to call my insurance and have them override that I could take more than 60 a year...strange. I haven't done it yet because that just don't sound right to me. My heartburn is worse now before taking the medicine and have to take something over the counter for it then it comes right back.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2009 1:16 PM

Doctor gave me this drug saying that it will help for ulcer, it did not help, pain is still unbearable, but I do not have reflux, which makes it a little bit better.

December 1, 2009 9:45 PM

I was taking 2 Prevacid every day for really bad heartburn. My doctor switched me to Nexium and I still found myself taking 2 pills a day to avoid waking up at night with a horrible taste in my mouth and pain in my chest. Next, my doctor told me to try Kapidex and she said I would only have to take it once a day. I didn't believe her until I tried it. I didn't wake up at night wanting another heartburn pill! It works so much better than Nexium and Prevacid and my doctor told me those two were the best. My doctor and I now think Kapidex is the best.

November 28, 2009 9:39 AM

While taking Kapidex I had severe itching all over my body. Palms of my hands, ears, throat and groin area.I was completely miserable while on this medication. As far as for helping my GERD I had to take OTC Prilosec along with the Kapidex to completely get rid of the GERD. This is not for me.

November 1, 2009 7:03 PM

Review by MattR84:

I suffer from migraines, and although this drug significantly reduced my acid, it seemed to trigger my migraines for four consecutive days. I am disappointed that I had to get off it, am trying Prilosec now.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2009 12:02 PM

3 months of Protonix did nothing, after taking Kapidex, I noticed improvement within 2 weeks and most symptoms gone after 5 weeks.

August 23, 2009 2:14 PM

Kapidex has worked better than Nexium, Protonix, Zegerid, Prevacid, and Aciphex in controlling my GERD symptoms. It is great because you only take one per day.

July 20, 2009 7:50 PM

I was diagnosed with severe GERD and Barrett's Disease several months ago. I tried everything and nothing seemed to work until now. Kapidex has been amazing. I have had no side-effects and at my last gastroscope, everything was looking A LOT better. Kapidex, along with following GERD food guidelines has made me feel 100% better.

June 15, 2009 9:37 AM

Review by flocat62:

I had a severe allergic reaction to this medication. Hives on the trunk of my body. The palms of my hands and the soles of my feet had severe itching. The itching was also in my throat and ears.

June 10, 2009 4:03 PM

Review by TomAA:

This seems to work as well as Nexium 40MG. Actually no reflux so far with this product. Very happy. Only downside is Medicare codes it tier 3, high copay.

June 8, 2009 5:19 PM

After finally getting around to reading about the possible side effects, I now know why I am having a major acne breakout, also nausea and very loose stools. I don't know what else I can do, but this medicine is not for me.

May 18, 2009 12:07 PM

Review by Edgar Rosero:

Definitely I recommend Kapidex. My digestion is normal and my life have been improved. Nexium works for me but too slow.

April 13, 2009 11:02 AM

Review by catfish32:

I currently have been diagnosised with GERD, chronic gastritis, and esophagitis. I have been taking 2 Protonix 40 mg a for 2 years and started taking Zantac 150 mg twice a day work 2 months now. That is 4 pills daily. My Gastroenterologist put me on Kapidex for a month now. I have not had any problems so far. I cannot see inside my body to see if it works but hey if it can take me from 4 pills a day to only 1 I will take it. The only thing is the cost.

April 4, 2009 2:19 AM