User Reviews for Dexlansoprazole

Also known as: Dexilant, Kapidex

Learn more about Dexlansoprazole.

Erosive Esophagitis 12 reviews 111 medications

8.1
Summary of Dexlansoprazole reviews 91 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Dexlansoprazole

Review by julieladybug:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: I've been taking Dexilant 60 mg. for 10 days now. It was given to me because I felt like something was stuck in my throat.....esophagitis. Well it worked taking care of that problem, thank goodness. After taking for 5 days, I started getting really tired, then headaches. This week the headaches got worse and couldn't sleep at night. Also chest, ears, and scalp itching like crazy. Then today I started having very bad stomach pain. I thought about all these symptoms on the way home from work and it all added up. I remembered that each evening I took the pill, about 30 minutes later the itching began and it was terrible. I didn't take tonight, so hopefully the itching, stomach pain and headache will go away.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2014 11:22 PM

Review by Baze (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: I was taking 60mg same time every day. It seemed to work better at controlling my GERD symptoms after about a month. But around the same time I developed debilitating diarrhea. I continued to take it for another month and the diarrhea didn't go away so I stopped taking it. It's only been a couple of days so far and it still hasn't gotten any better.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2014 8:32 PM

Review by Phoenix1968:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: It started out good as all of them have for me than ended up going terribly bad.6 to 8 weeks in I get a stomach flu.I run fever, vomit, have excessive diarrhea,random colon attacks and all of my insides are sore.My fevers can last up to 4 days only being able to keep water on my stomach if I'm lucky.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 10:12 AM

Review by Barret's esophagus is gone!:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: I had mild Barrett's esophagus and was on Dexilant 60mg for 1 month. Due to loss of health coverage and was not able to buy insurance due to pre-existing condition, I was off Dexilant for over a year. After Obama care went in effect, I am able to purchase my health insurance again. My doctor presscribed Dexilant 30 mg twice a day for 6 months. In my recent upper endoscopy, 1 1/2 months after taking it, showed that my esophagus lining is normal. What a relief! Highly recommended!

May 19, 2014 1:31 PM

Review by janet50peru:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: I had a Barret procedure and started taking Dexilant. It work miracles for my acid reflux. I could eat anything and feel perfect but started getting lots of headaches (day and night), ear discomfort with pressure and noise, my blood pressure jumped to the sky and a feeling of tiredness all day). I stop the medication abruptly and now I feel like something is stuck in my throat but otherwise feeling so much better. Doctor is going to put me in something else... so sad Dexilant didn't work for me.

March 15, 2014 2:44 PM

Review by hsmith64115 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: I suffered from GERD for over 4 years and have tried everything. I was eating Tums like candy and taking Prilosec. Then I started with the acid reflux in my sleep and woke up gagging and vomiting. I had a scope 2 months ago and was told I have high-grade dysplasia Barrett's. Doctor put me on 60 mg Dexilant daily. Within 2 days I was in heaven! Works wonders but now I have diarrhea that is constant. It started a few days after I started to take it. Other than that, it works wonders. I can actually sleep in my bed instead of the recliner.

February 28, 2014 11:04 PM

Review by Leeza14 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: I've been taking this for four years, and it barely takes the edge off for me. I wish there was something else, but this is pretty much it after all the others stopped working, too.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2014 7:32 PM

Review by SummarDrummer:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: I've had acid reflux for 4 years. My doctor recommended Prilosec, etc. None of the over the counter medicines worked. Some mornings, I would wake up with a mouthful of acid. My voice was becoming more horse. On some days I could barely speak and thought I would lose my voice entirely. My latest Doc prescribed Dexilant after giving me some free samples. Within a few days, my throat was better. I've been taking it for 1 month and my voice is almost back to normal. So far, I've had no side effects, but will taper off the medicine so I don't get weakened bones due to lower calcium intake. The doc gave me a discount card, and insurance covers all but $20.00.

February 3, 2014 5:13 AM

Review by Bayfishn (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: I tried everything over the counter and prescription with no success until Dexilant, now I sleep at night and eat normal food. note: I do take a fiber to help with a bit of constipation. note:you can get a discount card on the Dexilant website.

January 20, 2014 9:33 PM

Review by I have Barretts and GERD.:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: A year ago I was given Dexilant on a trial basis after being diagnosed with Barretts. I immediately had relief for GERD. My only issue now is that I have had some chest pains that could mimic a heart attack. I actually went to the ER a month ago to get checked out. My EKG and heart was normal . Now last night I experienced the same situation where the chest pain would come for about 5 seconds and subside for 10 minutes or so. Very disconcerting. I am sleeping better at night and feel much less nausea than before Dexilant.

November 16, 2013 11:00 AM

Review by S Anne K (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: Marvelous results for treating my Barrett's esophagus. Too expensive with my prescription plan. Hoping Nexium will help me maintain.

November 10, 2013 3:49 PM

Review by MrsA2013:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: After trying Omeprazole (Prilosec), lansoprazole (Prevacid), and other over the counter proton pump inhibitors over the years, I found they were not doing the trick. I had a perpetual sore throat for a few months, and finally went to the ENT who said the acid was burning my esophagus. He put me on Dexilant, which cured that after about 3 weeks. I stayed on it for a few months, the sore throat went away completely and I never had acid problems after that. This is expensive, but worth it! It is the best thing out there, and the trick to taking it is you have to take first thing in the morning, 30 mins before any food on empty stomach. If you have ANY food in your stomach, you will get diarrhea.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2013 6:02 PM

Review by Seph74:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: Gave me bad gas.

September 28, 2013 10:31 PM

Review by patty penguin:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: I have GERD. Doctors have prescribed medicines that have not been effective. I have tried Nexium, Prevacid, Protonix, Prilosec, with no relief no matter the dosage. When the GERD is not under control I cannot keep anything down. I have thrown up more acid than anyone can imagine. Thanks to my doctor, who prescribed Dexilant the horrors of GERD are behind me. I have suffered no side effects. My advertisement for this medicine would be DEXILANT IS EXCELLENT.

September 12, 2013 12:44 AM

Review by RemingtonAdda (taken for less than 1 month):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: Dexilant is a God send! I experienced acid reflux out of the blue for the first time that was very severe. For three days straight regardless of the position I was in. My doctor gave me a sample of Dexilant and I felt better within hours, and by the end of the day my reflux subsided. I take 60mg every day, once a day and have been well. I did experience constipation for a few days, but it went away however my stool is not fully normal. The medication is more expensive then other ones on the market, but talk to your doctor and see if he will give you a months worth of samples to see how you feel before you get it prescribed. I eat lots of dairy and spicy foods and all is well.

September 9, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by Opie FLA, Dex saved me!:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: I had excessive throat clearing after meals for ten years and seems after coffee/tea especially, did not know why? Some days worse than others thought maybe sinus draining or something. Recently I had reflux in my sleep, I had it every night for about 4 weeks straight, terrible stuff! I tried Prilosec OTC for 15 days, and nothing changed, then saw specialist and put on Dexilant. 15 days on Dexilant (1-60mg daily-15 days later I was still having the night reflux-doctor said take two Dexilant a day (morning/night dose). I did, three days later the night reflux gone. It has been a 3 weeks now, no night reflux. Some dry/throat days and light throat/day/burn, not anymore, no throat clearing, no side effects except green stool though.

August 26, 2013 11:26 PM

Review by GastroBlasticus:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: I've had issues with GERD for a long time and have jumped between a few different medications. First I started with over the counter medications like Prilosec and worked my way along to Nexium. When that failed me Dexilant was prescribed. For GERD symptoms, Dexilant has kept things well controlled. I've been on it for almost 2 years now. However, during that time I've experienced a significant increase in gas and abdominal discomfort. Although I've uncovered lactose intolerance and a mild sensitivity to gluten, I still exhibit symptoms, so I'm starting to suspect that Dexilant may be contributing. If it turns out that reducing my intake of Dexilant is the culprit, I may have to choose between well-controlled GERD or Irritable Bowel Syndrome-like symptoms.

August 13, 2013 12:50 PM

Review by FaithieLynnn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: Ive been taking Dexilant for 3 months. Now I have diarrhea. Besides that this is my miracle pill.

June 30, 2013 11:37 AM

Review by my3boyz (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: This is the only medication that help me. When I don't take it, I can definitely tell. I just wish it was covered by my insurance. The cost is ridiculous!

June 1, 2013 10:37 AM

Review by MEliz:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: I take it first thing in the morning with a full glass of water. Seems to help throughout the day.

May 28, 2013 1:50 PM

Review by Dotster:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: Started taking it about 3 weeks ago. Has done wonders for my reflux. I was waking up in the middle of the night just miserable with the burning in my esophagus and throat, and the taste of the acid. Horrible. The Dexilant has all but stopped that. Have had a couple days where I can taste the acid, but no pain. Just in the last few days, I have developed intense, burning itching on my arms, INSIDE my ears and on my scalp. No rash, just random itching. I am hoping and praying it isn't the medication, but at this point, I don't have any other ideas.

May 28, 2013 12:52 PM

Review by kdbrown9 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: Dexilant seems to work better than Prilosec for me, although my symptoms wax and wane. Some days I feel good, other days, I can tell the medicine isn't working well. Not really sure how that is possible since I take it at the same time every day! I do get horrible gas and diarrhea and always end up stopping the meds for a day or two. However, I recently read that Keifer could help with acid reflux, so I started drinking it. It prevents the horrible gas and diarrhea that the Dexilant causes. One glass a day, and I am good! Now I can take the medicine daily as described and hope that it resolves what is causing my GERD. I highly suggest the Keifer for those not tolerating the medicine otherwise.

May 21, 2013 11:36 AM

Review by must have (taken for less than 1 month):

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: It's a miracle pill, nothing helped my burning ulcer, nausea and upset stomach like this pill. 60mg, once in morning, time released..only relief I've had in months. I've lost 12 pounds since December , no more upset stomach, no vomiting..It's amazing . I have not experienced any side effects...I am able to eat n feel normal for once!!! I highly recommend!!!! Get tha savings card, the script will cost $20 for 30 days supply. I feel normal for once !!!

May 12, 2013 12:23 AM

Review by Chris ny:

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: After reading several of these posts I decided to leave mine. I have severe GERD. My doctor after prescribing several different medicines gave me samples of Dexilant. Ever since then my life has changed for the better. At first I was taking 30mg twice a day then I went to 60mg once daily. Never had I been prescribed more than 60mg total daily. I have read that others were taking way more and more frequently. I think they might want to get a second opinion on dosages. I was on Dexilant for several yrs with NEVER having any side effects. I recently had corrective surgery and hope to never be on meds again for this condition. I would absolutely recommend Dexilant to anyone in need of this kind of medication.

May 8, 2013 11:15 PM

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: My Dr. prescribed this after 80mg of Nexium stopped working but after a week of Dexilant, I'm stopping it because of the awful flatulence and abdominal pain starting about 12 hrs after taking it. So glad to get validation here that others have had similar problems since the patient info says this only happens for a small amount of users.

November 7, 2012 10:16 AM