User Reviews for Dexlansoprazole

Also known as: Dexilant, Kapidex

Learn more about Dexlansoprazole.

Erosive Esophagitis 12 reviews 111 medications

9.2
Barrett's Esophagus 14 reviews 13 medications

8.6
GERD 78 reviews 207 medications

8.2
Summary of Dexlansoprazole reviews 104 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Dexlansoprazole

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "My husband has been dealing with severe reflux issues for the past four years due to a low-functioning esophageal sphincter. The acid is free to move about the esophagus when aggravated, most often after eating or sleeping, resulting in severe discomfort upon waking in the morning (bile regurgitation, coughing, etc.). He suffered from an ulcer a couple years ago due to overactive acid production and we thought we got that taken care of only for the symptoms to return tenfold. He has been put on every acid blocker you can imagine, none of which worked. We were certain he was going to need an operation until Dexilant was prescribed. It has totally transformed his stomach and his life."

MHU July 22, 2015

For GERD: "Was in last timister with my third child. Baby was breach and head pushed up on my stomach. Constant severe heartburn and acid reflux. Tried ALL know medication available. Finally I WAS BLESSED with dexilant. Terrible syptoms went away rapidly. I recommend this to anyone who will listen"

Tammy Martinex (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Suffered from heartburn for a couple decades. Used to treat with regular doses of tums, Prilosec, and every other over the counter acid inhibitor. Nothing worked for more than a day or so. I have been taking dexilant for 18 months now and have yet to have a single instance of heartburn. It's a fantastic remedy for those regular heartburn sufferers."

K2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Dexalant cured my GERD, I had never felt better, then my lower back started killing me and got worst. I stopped the Dexalant and it got some better but still hurts. Anyone else experience this?"

vickifb June 23, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I have severe gerd and erosive esphogus. This is the best medicine I've had. But there's no generic and I can't afford the $170 a month. And that's with the company coupon. It's a shame such a great medicine is so expensive and insurance won't cover it."

Animallover21984 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I am using Dexelant over 5 years and I keep taking every day it's help me a lot I was very bad to much heartburn so sick of it but thanks to Dexelant for helping me so much"

Berbatovci (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 23, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "The best PPI I have used and I have tried them all. I was always needing to take the other once daily PPIs twice a day but not this one! My insurance refused to pay for the Nexuim I was on so I was required to switch...I am so glad that happened! Only costs $22 a month with my insurance and the company coupon."

Deanna Marie May 3, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "Was diagnosed with 'silent' GERD with erosive esophagus. Put on omeprazole for a couple weeks, then got prescription Dexilant for a couple weeks. Both gave me daily very uncomfortable symptoms of heartburn that I had never had before. My doctor said I was his first "failure" on that medication."

Christina 427 April 20, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I was given samples if dexilant from my Dr. I was recently diagnosed with GERD. I had mucus in the back of my throat so bad I couldn't eat anything at all. I could hardly drink water without it irritating the acid in my throat. The dexilant worked like a charm I could eat and I had no side effects. Then after a week of use I started getting bad cramps in my legs. They just recently spread to my entire body. I went to the er yesterday morning they told me I had tardiv dyskonesia. I stopped taking all my medications a week ago and the cramps are still here they Here.!! I was given benadryl in the er and was told to continue use for 10days to see if the reaction goes away... I'd rather have the diarrhea then constant muscle spasms"

Damita Jo (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I tried everything else on the market. Nexium works, but not as good as dexiliant. With Nexium I got most of the listed side effects plus my new insurance will not pay for nexium prescription . I had to buy it over the counter and take double dosage which came out of be about 46 instead of 23. I really need prescription of 40 mg? I am glad I do not have stomach pain, lower back pain, dry mouth, etc from taking nexium. All the other acid reflux prescription or over the counter didn't work and gave me side effect . My new insurance will pay for dexiliant, but a small portion and I couldn't afford the $150 a month co-pay. I found out that the maker of dexiliant with pay the remaining $130 for me and I just have to pay $20out of pocket"

love to eat February 24, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "My Neurotologist/Otologist (Super-Specialist) put me on this for my Erosive Esophagus and Presby ...it works hands-down better than any other PPI's I can tell it is healing..He put me on 60mg 1x a day for 4 months..into my 1 1/2 months, and it is definately working!! Croaking is becoming less frequent, I am already optimistic that it will heal..and the croaking will stop! You must taper off when the time comes."

MerrileeSezAloha (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I've used them all! Dexilant is the only one that works!"

DCGomes January 12, 2015

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I've been battling heartburn for over a year. I've tried diet changes, homeopathic remedies, OTC medications, you name it. My doctor had me on Protonix (maximum dose) twice a day as well as Pepcid (also max dose) daily, but I wasn't having any relief. I switched to a new GI doctor and he prescribed the Dexilant. Wow! The relief was felt after 2 days on the medication. I have been on it for about a month now, and I've only had 2 episodes of heartburn in that time. Amazing!"

GIrlyMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I've been taking Dexilant 60 mg. for 10 days now. It was given to me because I felt like something was stuck in my throat.....esophagitis. Well it worked taking care of that problem, thank goodness. After taking for 5 days, I started getting really tired, then headaches. This week the headaches got worse and couldn't sleep at night. Also chest, ears, and scalp itching like crazy. Then today I started having very bad stomach pain. I thought about all these symptoms on the way home from work and it all added up. I remembered that each evening I took the pill, about 30 minutes later the itching began and it was terrible. I didn't take tonight, so hopefully the itching, stomach pain and headache will go away."

julieladybug June 27, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I was taking 60mg same time every day. It seemed to work better at controlling my GERD symptoms after about a month. But around the same time I developed debilitating diarrhea. I continued to take it for another month and the diarrhea didn't go away so I stopped taking it. It's only been a couple of days so far and it still hasn't gotten any better."

Baze (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "It started out good as all of them have for me than ended up going terribly bad.6 to 8 weeks in I get a stomach flu.I run fever, vomit, have excessive diarrhea,random colon attacks and all of my insides are sore.My fevers can last up to 4 days only being able to keep water on my stomach if I'm lucky."

Phoenix1968 May 20, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I had mild Barrett's esophagus and was on Dexilant 60mg for 1 month. Due to loss of health coverage and was not able to buy insurance due to pre-existing condition, I was off Dexilant for over a year. After Obama care went in effect, I am able to purchase my health insurance again. My doctor presscribed Dexilant 30 mg twice a day for 6 months. In my recent upper endoscopy, 1 1/2 months after taking it, showed that my esophagus lining is normal. What a relief! Highly recommended!"

Barret's esophagus is gone! May 19, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I had a Barret procedure and started taking Dexilant. It work miracles for my acid reflux. I could eat anything and feel perfect but started getting lots of headaches (day and night), ear discomfort with pressure and noise, my blood pressure jumped to the sky and a feeling of tiredness all day). I stop the medication abruptly and now I feel like something is stuck in my throat but otherwise feeling so much better. Doctor is going to put me in something else... so sad Dexilant didn't work for me."

janet50peru March 15, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I suffered from GERD for over 4 years and have tried everything. I was eating Tums like candy and taking Prilosec. Then I started with the acid reflux in my sleep and woke up gagging and vomiting. I had a scope 2 months ago and was told I have high-grade dysplasia Barrett's. Doctor put me on 60 mg Dexilant daily. Within 2 days I was in heaven! Works wonders but now I have diarrhea that is constant. It started a few days after I started to take it. Other than that, it works wonders. I can actually sleep in my bed instead of the recliner."

hsmith64115 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I've been taking this for four years, and it barely takes the edge off for me. I wish there was something else, but this is pretty much it after all the others stopped working, too. "

Leeza14 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 24, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I've had acid reflux for 4 years. My doctor recommended Prilosec, etc. None of the over the counter medicines worked. Some mornings, I would wake up with a mouthful of acid. My voice was becoming more horse. On some days I could barely speak and thought I would lose my voice entirely. My latest Doc prescribed Dexilant after giving me some free samples. Within a few days, my throat was better. I've been taking it for 1 month and my voice is almost back to normal. So far, I've had no side effects, but will taper off the medicine so I don't get weakened bones due to lower calcium intake. The doc gave me a discount card, and insurance covers all but $20.00."

SummarDrummer February 3, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "I tried everything over the counter and prescription with no success until Dexilant, now I sleep at night and eat normal food. note: I do take a fiber to help with a bit of constipation. note:you can get a discount card on the Dexilant website."

Bayfishn (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 20, 2014

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "A year ago I was given Dexilant on a trial basis after being diagnosed with Barretts. I immediately had relief for GERD. My only issue now is that I have had some chest pains that could mimic a heart attack. I actually went to the ER a month ago to get checked out. My EKG and heart was normal . Now last night I experienced the same situation where the chest pain would come for about 5 seconds and subside for 10 minutes or so. Very disconcerting. I am sleeping better at night and feel much less nausea than before Dexilant."

I have Barretts and GERD. November 16, 2013

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Marvelous results for treating my Barrett's esophagus. Too expensive with my prescription plan. Hoping Nexium will help me maintain."

S Anne K (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2013

Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) for GERD: "After trying Omeprazole (Prilosec), lansoprazole (Prevacid), and other over the counter proton pump inhibitors over the years, I found they were not doing the trick. I had a perpetual sore throat for a few months, and finally went to the ENT who said the acid was burning my esophagus. He put me on Dexilant, which cured that after about 3 weeks. I stayed on it for a few months, the sore throat went away completely and I never had acid problems after that. This is expensive, but worth it! It is the best thing out there, and the trick to taking it is you have to take first thing in the morning, 30 mins before any food on empty stomach. If you have ANY food in your stomach, you will get diarrhea."

MrsA2013 October 8, 2013

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next