User Reviews for Pristiq

Learn more about Pristiq.

Depression 507 reviews 77 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 15 reviews 46 medications

6.3
Summary of Pristiq reviews 522 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Pristiq

For Depression "I have been on Pristiq 5 days, the 1st day I felt great, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th, my last day as of yesterday has been pure hell. Nausea, constant headache, flu like symptoms, not being able to read the paper or anything, vision really messed up, hot & then cold, total confusion, can't remember something that happened an hour ago, my skin itches so bad it's red. I'm not going to take it ever again, I would rather be depressed, I will take my doctor back the samples he gave me tomorrow & let him know my problems with Pristiq. I know an antidepressant can take time to be effective but I don't want to risk anymore withdrawal symptoms than what I'm having after taking this just 5 days. I will never take it again."

Do tell February 8, 2016

For Depression "It's has only been day two for me and I will not be taking another one of these , side effects straight away , sick in the stomach , no appetite , massive headaches today ,no libido , horrible taste and to be honest all of these effects are bringing back my anxiety. My headache is not going away . I am going to choice nature tomorrow and get myself better the healthy safety way ."

Shelberight February 7, 2016

For Depression "Switched from lexapro to pristiq because of DNA test but even after a month on it I felt more nervous than normal and made my OCD worse. Horrible drug- stick to lexapro, Zoloft or Prozac."

John8732 February 1, 2016

For Depression "I had a horrible experience with this drug!! After 4 days of starting Pristiq I starting having massive anxiety and panic attacks!! I could not sleep for the life of me!! It felt like I had a constant rush of adrenaline!!! I had to be admitted to the psych ward because I went into psychosis. I stuck it out for three weeks hoping that I would find relief from my crippling depression. No!! I was more depressed, sleep deprived, constant panic. I knew the drug was causing more pain than I started off with. Every drug is different. Writing this in case someone else is having the same experience. Was switched to amitrypraline and am starting to see small improvements. If you are having horrible side effects tell your doc!!! Wishing you the Best!"

Redheadlady72 January 31, 2016

For Depression "With peri menopause leading to menopause...came an overwhelming sadness, emotional ups and downs, anger, the black dog visited often for no apparent reason. After seeing doctor who offered blood tests acknowledged menopause was occurring, he prescribed pristiq 50 mg. one a day. I had negative pre conceived ideas about taking anti depressants due to incorrect information but thought I'd give it a try. It's now nearly three years since I began treatment....yes ...they work....side effects :can numb emotions, but not to the point that I can't feel..loss of libido..that's a small price to pay compared to how I felt when the black dog visited. I tried to stop taking pristiq only to have old symptoms return"

Basell January 29, 2016

For Depression "27, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression about 18 months ago. My doctor started me on 50mg of sertraline and it had no effect so bumped me up to 100mg and I absolutely hated life! My panic attacks worsened my mood was unbearble, I always felt tired and nauseous which all affected my ability to work. I had enough so I stopped but then needed to go back to the doctor to try a different medication which he prescribed me pristiq. I feel absolutely amazing! My anxiety has gone and the depression side of things is a thing of the past! I have been nauseas once or twice since being on it (3 months) but that is nothing compared to the other medication I was on :)"

Llc89 January 28, 2016

For Depression "Could not concentrate or think on this medicine , I took it for a week and stopped. Felt depressed and anxious on it"

Anonymous January 24, 2016

For Depression "Horrible drug. Avoid it"

Skipwith January 23, 2016

For Depression "18 years. I switched to pristiq after paxil and Wellbutrin. I took a gene sight test that predicted me to have the least amount of side affects with pristiq (which I highly recommend). I had almost no side effects. After the pristiq started to kick in I felt alright, not too great or severely depressed. I did feel well enough to go to school (I couldn't on Paxil). However after about a month I noticed a shift; I felt a lot better than usual at times and at others I felt depressed. I also have had racing thoughts and mood swings become more common. I became worried I had bi polar disorder. I told my psychiatrist this and he believed it was coming from pristiq. Coming off has been a hard. My mind has been in a fog, hot flashes, flu like symptoms"

Dropple (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2016

For Depression "I have been on Prestiq for ages, it did not work for me I felt continuously nauseated I became numb of all feeling and lost who I was along the way. In December 2015 I had unrelenting vomiting, this included vomiting back all medication. After 10 days I was a screaming heap, went to the Dr who prescribe Maxalon for the vomiting, this didn't work so back I went this time Stemetil, still vomiting by now off Prestiq felt awful for ages. Gradually I noticed although still feeling nauseated was not as cranky irritable and stressed. I am still struggling with the withdrawal symptoms however, I am coping better without the medication than I thought possible. Why is it Dr's do not listen to you when you are on medication for depression?"

Nightmare Nancy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2016

For Depression "36. Depression on and off since 15yrs old. Tried diff Meds. On Welbutrin for 5 years and felt like it stopped working. About Aug 2015 I was crying constantly so switched to Prisitiq 50mg began Dec'15 and crying stopped. But so did all of my other feelings. I Feel nothing. Plus zero libido. zero. That is not good for a marriage. Thankfully hubby supportive. Quit taking Dec 30 Dr warned me cold turkey would not good but trying. Feelings coming back but too bad just sadness right now. Wish I never even tried this. Tears are better than no feelings."

SoDone. January 2, 2016

For Depression "Since being on Prestiq I enjoy every day, not feeling down, no beating myself up, just enjoying life. Yaaa"

Aggles (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2015

For Depression "On it again for OCD and depression. Actually still tired after 6 weeks switched to night and screws up my sleep pattern. Not sure when to take it. It does help but can you live this tired forever?."

Cannonball dr December 29, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Pritiq two years now and it's a nightmare to get off of them. I wish I would have never started them going off of them is so hard the side effects are probably close to an addict coming off drugs. I've only missed a dose and I feel like hell. DO NOT GO ON THEM TRY ANOTHER ANTIDEPRESSANT!! If I knew then what I know now about the withdrawal effects I would have stayed on Citalipram. as Pritiq is time released pill you can't just take a smaller dose to go off. Living nightmare as I don't find much benefit from them for depression and now I can't get off them without feeling like I'm going insane."

Mountain Badger December 20, 2015

For Depression "I have been taking antidepressants for years; prozac, celexa,cymbalta, and now pristiq. I have always had problems stopping taking antidepressants and needed to go back on the medication after a while. I even stopped taking pristiq and found it necessary to go back on the drug after stopping. This last time I started taking pristiq I felt much better after some weeks and everything was back to normal. Then I began to notice more depression symptoms like brain fog, general lack of motivation, tiredness, major forgetfulness. I went out of town and even forgot to take the pills with me. This is where things took a strange turn. I felt better the next day! Every day that went by I felt better. I forgot what felt like to fell this good"

Foxtrot70 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2015

For Depression "This is day two for me taking the medicine, and already my face has broke, I'm very tired, and I feel anxious at times and like crying at others. I don't like it. I'm going back to latunda"

Anonymous December 9, 2015

For Depression "I have suffered from depression on & off since childhood as I had gone through a lot of trauma in my childhood. I believe my brain was rewired due to the depression I've endured since - that first started when I was 9 yrs old. I've been on about 14 different antidepressants of all types (including MAOI 's & mood stabilizers & none of them had really worked for me. I gave up on everything - & truly believed I'd just had to accept wanting to die almost daily for the rest of my life!!! I finally asked my Dr. if I could try any new antidepressants & he prescribed Pristiq. This is the start of my 3rd month on it & it's changed my life! I'm actually feeling wonderful & have found hope again! On 50mgs/day."

gingermynx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

For Depression "I took pristiq for a month, one pill a day, I'm currently tapering myself off of it now because it has caused the following effects: Loss of any emotion Uncontrolable shaking Inability to feel hungry or full & Inability to feel pain I'm 16 and this anti depressant is for 18 but my gp thought it was a good idea to prescribe it for me? I don't think I'll ever take another anti depressant again I'd rather feel everything than nothing."

WalksAlot December 5, 2015

For Depression "I was on this for 5 weeks broke out in hives- now off of it and on Prednisone. I also take Lamictal so she took me off that too as she didn't know which med was causing the issue. If you start itching get to your DR right away"

Sammijo1122 November 28, 2015

For Depression "I used to experience severe panic attacks every single day until I decided to see a doctor. Have not had a single attack since I started on pristiq. Best antidepressant I have ever taken."

Allyw1704 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2015

For Depression "After a horrible two years on Prozac Pristiq came in like a saviour. It reminded me what my normal thought process was without depression. I started on 50mg and 3 months in upped it to 100 and most of the time it's great however like everything tis not perfect. I have good days and bad days. I often have a few weeks of good days and when it's bad it's really bad; no motivation, suicidal, depressed, anxious. I also notice that if I miss a day or two I go through major withdrawal and that leads to similar symptoms as a bad day. Overall it really did change my life but it's not perfect."

vugbnm,;ihg November 7, 2015

For Depression "I have been on this for about 15 months, starting at 100 then up to 150 I haven't had any side effects apart from a slightly dry mouth and reduced libido. It hasn't done anything for my depression and I'm now weaning off it (2nd week and so far no issues)."

dave1234aust4321 November 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've just started using Pristiq. I'm 5 days in. The first day that took Pristiq I was spacey, high, and felt like throwing up. The second day I lost the feeling to vomit but still felt very high. Today, being the 5th day, I awoke with desperate feelings of anxiety and black clouds of worry. It's difficult to sleep - maybe 2-3 hours at a time and actually falling asleep takes longer (even if I'm feeling the need to sleep). My head and neck muscles seem paralyzed when I yawn. It's as if they freeze and can't return to their normal position after the yawn is complete. Eventually they do. (five seconds) I still feel exceedingly high but it's not a "good" high. My skin is super sensitive and I get intermittent chills)."

FeelingStoned (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2015

For Depression "I tried Pristiq for 3 months with no good results. I have social anxiety disorder and typically only become anxious around people. When on this medication I became anxious 24/7 and the intensity of the anxiety increased. I also suffer from depression. This medication took away all of my good thoughts and negative ones as well. It left me feeling empty and like a robot. I could not talk to people. I have asperger's syndrome as well and almost lost the ability to speak when on this medication. It is horrible I would not recommend it for anyone who suffers from anxiety, depression, or aspergers."

chess52424245 October 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "After having my daughter last September, I fell into severe PPD and anxiety. I tried many types of meds, but had minimal if any relief and most left me more exhausted than I was to begin with. I started Pristiq Aug 6th of this year after having a DNA profile of the meds I could tolerate (not very many!) and with every week, I've felt better. Every week (except for the first few weeks), I've been able to look back and see how much I feel more like myself again and how much my anxiety has lessened. Almost 12 weeks since I began and I am very thankful for it. Remember, it's not a quick fix, no antidepressant is, it definitely took time."

Samantha cee October 26, 2015