User Reviews for Pristiq

Learn more about Pristiq.

Depression 462 reviews 75 medications

7.5
Major Depressive Disorder 9 reviews 44 medications

6.9
Summary of Pristiq reviews 471 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Pristiq

For Depression "first I was on sertraline and then my GP switched me to Pristiq because sertraline wasn't the right med for me and pristiq started to kick in within less than a week the drug is definitely working for me and I think I need higher dosage."

thol (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "General mood levelling, couldn't really feel any emotion which became monotonous & unbearable. Also not recommended if you have an eating disorder & cannot always force yourself to have it with food. Caused crippling nausea & copious amounts of excess gas to sit in my stomach, this still hasn't left after more than a year of stopping. Not for everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2015

For Depression "Pristiq has worked great for me for anxiety and depression two separate times throughout my life when I was put on other ADs and they didn't work as they should, including Prozac and Cymbalta. Takes awhile to get stable in your system but after about 6 months I was back to myself. Definitely recommend, the only con for me is that if you miss a pill you can definitely tell. I get wierd dreams if I miss a pill and feel grogy and irritable. When I had been on prozac missing a pill was never noticeable. Also, it is more expensive as there is no generic. It is worth it to me however to have something that fully works! Good luck to you!"

momof3cuties (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2015

For Depression "Pristiq has been a miracle for me. I had depression, anxiety disorder and panic attack disorder. I had tried many other medications, gained 50lbs, and was still mentally a mess. I had to take over a year off of school because I couldnt handle the stress. I started Pristiq and within a week i noticed I was no longer crying at the drop of a hat, was better able to concentrate and was actually feeling so much better in my mood. Ive been taking it for over a year now, ive lost 40 of the 50lbs i gained on my previous medication, and im back at school and doing great. I credit Pristiq with all of my recovery. For the first 2 weeks of Prestiq i had a side effect of insomnia, but that went away after 2 weeks, it was no big deal."

ERNYC (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2015

For Depression "hello, I am a 24 year old male who has been dealing with depression, anxiety, and lack of focus in my life four a couple years now. After a recommendation from a friend i decided to make a change and start on 50mg of prestiq. Im a relatively small person 5'5 130 pounds and immediately felt the effects of the medication. I had a huge surge of energy that was a little overwhelming. I was much more sociable and confident, also my curiosity was dramatically increased and i managed to blaze through several books in a weeks time. This was a huge shift in my normal behavior which was generally lazy and unfocused. Now I've been on the drug for about 3 months and the effects aren't as noticeable but I'd say my life has changed for the better."

beeblebrox69 April 14, 2015

For Depression "I have nothing but amazing things to say about Pristiq. I went through a 5-year toxic relationship, lost everything including myself, tried to rebuild my life after leaving him but could not stop feeling 'heavy'. Felt numb. Had anxiety, could not sleep and pretty much felt like I was living in the dark. Went to see doc, started with 50 - no side effects so after 2 weeks he upped to 100mg and after three weeks I started to feel better and after a month I was truly amazed. Its been just over three months and I feel better than ever. I can't believe I suffered for so long. Sometimes, despite our best efforts, it just isn't enough! Best thing I ever did for myself. Thank god for health benefits! Its expensive!"

Anxiety and Depression April 10, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Worked to begin with and then after a while stopped working"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2015

For Depression "Was put on pristiq around 8 months ago for severe anxiety/panic attacks. I couldn't even drop my kids at school without a panic attack and we live a minute from the school, I didn't wanna do anything go anywhere it was affecting my kids, my marriage, everything. Now I have my life back I put off going to the doc for a year, I wish I hadn't. I can function again. I did have to up my dose after about a month to 100mg and I still have a day here or there that I can feel my anxiety bubbling under the surface but it's nothing like it was it's manageable."

S88 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2015

For Depression "Made me very sleepy so it must be taken at night"

Aunt lala38 March 25, 2015

For Depression "I have been on Pristiq now for about 15 months. I started on 50mg, which only worked for part of the day, I had to be bumped up to 100mg. I can't remember any immediate side effects, apart from maybe a little headache and dilated pupils due to a sudden burst of energy. They give you a burst of adrenaline. Now the medication has well and truly settled into my system, my body and mind now rely on it for me to actually function. If I miss a morning pill, by mid afternoon I am grouchy, prone to mood swings, tired and sleepy. If I miss two days, I am severely tired, sad, prone to rage and severe swings of depression. I have severe photosensitivity if I miss a pill. I have tripled the freckles on my body, my eyes cannot deal with bright lights."

Kayten March 16, 2015

For Depression "I started this medication for Bulimia. It worked - partially. From the day I took it I did not purge the entire time I was on it. I still binged though, and I gained weight. I didn't have an urge to exercise and ultimately that is why I am going off it. As well as the lack of energy, motivation and interest to exercise, that spilled over into the rest of my life. I lost interest in socializing, working, cleaning, cooking (very hard to just do anyways), I stopped sleeping, and after a year I didn't want to even watch tv or read. It's VERY hard to get off of and I insist people read reviews on withdrawing. It's been tough physically although I feel better mentally already. It served its purpose, but I should have gone off it after 6 months."

Keebly (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2015

For Depression "Pristiq is awesome so far.Don't reject it bcs it is nearly identical to Effexor. Effexor caused extreme sweating.I would stand in front of a forceful fan while dressing, and still be drenched!My doc told me I might not have that with pristiq and I don't! I am just over 6 weeks, and it took a full 4 weeks to kick in.The first couple of days I felt great, calm and happy, and got hopeful, but then slid back into the dark place.But I kept going and at 4 wks I suddenly one day woke up and started planning fun outings for my teen, after months of sofa lounging. 100mg, F, 56, 135lbs.Tried prozac (allergic), paxil (weight gain), effex (sweating), lexapro (out of dark place, but flat).I hear it's hell to stop, but I'm not going to stop. Why wld I?"

Miss-thymia (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2015

For Depression "On my first day of Pristiq, I noticed an immediate surge of energy (coupled with a racing heart and a feeling of disorientation). I am somewhat sensitive to mediciations generally so I was prepared to inherit some of the side effects. What I have experienced in my first week is tiredness, irritability/difficult sleeping, grinding teeth, nausea (vomited 5 times on night 1, which settled on second day), loss of appetite and general stiffness around my neck and back. I trust these symptoms will settle in the coming weeks but thought it may be valuable to share my first week, for those who are a little sensitive to medication. In regards to my mental state, I can safely say my mood has been moderately chilled, unfazed and without any anxiety."

MissArtVandelay (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2015

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "The first two days on Pristiq I felt really heavy and out of it. I knew it was working when the initial shock to my body passed - I was ready to give something a chance for my anxiety and major depression. So, two weeks on it I'm starting to feel a lot happier. but there has been some slight apprehension along the way due to some side effects: constipation and worried about other potential SE's from SNRI's but this medication seems to be pretty mild (50mg) and has been helping to level out my Serotonin - norepinephrine levels."

24 year old female (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2015

For Depression "Was totally down in the dumps for some reason even though my life was great. Finally I could take no more as my mind was giving me nasty thoughts to end things. Immediately went to the doctors and he prescribed me 50 mg Pristiq which sent my mind out of control. Now my whole being was in trouble and refusing to go to work and being around my family. Immediately back to the doctors to be put on 100 mg and I can say I have never looked back. Totally changed my life as I am myself again. Yeah a few sexual side effects but I can live with that I'm just glad to be back ."

Glad to be back January 1, 2015

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My wife unexpectedly told me she wanted a divorce and I was devastated. We have two small boys. I instantly saw a psychiatrist who prescribed me 50 mg of Pristiq. It seemed to help somewhat but I would still breakdown into hysterical crying fits. After 15 days she put me on 100 mg and I've been fine ever since. I feel like I can deal with this now. I have not had any negative side effects, except shaking my leg. I do have insomnia but I had that from the anxiety of the divorce and I'm prescribed something to help me sleep. I can't say for sure if the Pristiq causes the insomnia, but I do feel a little amped. Overall, it's better than I thought as I generally don't feel like I'm on something and feel like myself."

fkgajaohbv December 29, 2014

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Pristiq for about 3 months. I had insane anxiety and depression as well as insomnia that got so bad I ended up in the ER. I don't care if I ever come off of Pristiq because it works. I am normal again. I sleep, and for about 2 months I almost forgot what it was like to feel so anxious I could hardly function at work or life. I hesitated to start this medicine because my psychiatrist told me absolutely no drinking. I do have a few drinks on weekends and have no side effects from it. "

trixieLb December 18, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Pristiq for me is a life saver! The fist 2 days I took the medication I was tired, but now being on it for two weeks it is amazing. I used to cry at the drop of a hat, and I had severe anxiety. Pristiq is the only medication that has ever worked for me! Try it! It might save your life too!"

dbugg91 December 11, 2014

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have had depression for a long time, sometimes more serious, sometimes less serious. In the past 7 years, I think I experience a "re-entry shock" going back to the teaching profession in HK. I need to take it once per day. I did not experience any side effect like sleepiness, dizziness. I can perform my normally heavy duties in my workplace. At first my doctor ask me to take it after evening, but since it will not affect my work and need not be taken after meals, I prefer to take it right after I get up, and I can establish a routine for it easily. Soon after I have taken Pristig, all my negative thoughts and feelings disappear like miracle and many people around me commented that I am happier than before."

ccsk (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 9, 2014

For Depression "Finally I see hope. After being diagnosed with severe depression (took me 4 years to seek treatment), I tried 5 different medications (plus therapy). They all failed miserably and I lost the hope I didn't even know I had, then tried suicide twice. Finally I was prescribed Pristiq and let me just say... what a difference! It got easier to wake up and get through the day, my self-esteem got better, my anxiety doesn't come as often, and I can even make plans for the future. For the first time I see change is possible. Just don't ever forget to take your pills, you can't really function without them. I got no side effects except for increased hunger/libido, and a bit of difficulty falling asleep. I'm taking 150mg now."

Amanda_GT December 3, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I want to start off my review by stating that everyone is different; so what worked for me may not work for you. With that said, I was suffering from severe MDD, anxiety, OCD, border lining on psychosis after I had my son last summer. I was so miserable for his first year of life, and then I was finally put on Pristiq after trying about 10 other anti-depressants/anxiety meds. I seriously feel like a normal person again. I can enjoy my family and friends, and am able to maintain my relationships with them. This has been a literal life saver for me, and because of this, I don't mind that my insurance doesn't cover it."

kbillz December 3, 2014

For Depression "I have forgot to take a couple of times. I am not able to function if I skip I have to go to doctor and beg for more if I run out. I am going to ask to be taken off this medicine and prescribed something else. My last experience was horrible. I ran out for 1 night and when I awoke I was falling everywhere and could not get it under control until I took a pill."

skisiks (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 26, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "Pristiq was a miracle for me. I was originally put on the 50mg and my mood drastically changed from depressed and anxious to happy and functioning. Do NOT forget to take it, though. I forgot to take a dose one day and I was a mess the whole day, and then when I finally took it again, it didn't work as well so I had to have the dosage doubled. Then I ran out and couldn't get in touch with my psychiatrist so I spent about a week off of it. Was extremely depressed and had to be watched closely by my family and boyfriend to make sure that I didn't hurt myself. Tried going back on it but it no longer worked. I'm not sure if I hadn't had those mishaps with taking it if I would still be on it but it was definitely a lifesaver while it worked."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2014

For Depression "Started 12 weeks ago on 50mg stuck it out for 7 weeks - not much change and decided to step up to 100mg - 5 weeks later can say a change has arrived in the last 10 days and I am over the moon. I have refused medication all my life - this was a massive decision for me ... I wish now I'd done it years ago. Critical voice gone, anxiety close to gone, depression lifting, motivation returning - hope and dreams coming back. I now laugh, play jokes and manage stress 'normally'. I have to take care to get enough sleep - some days I am still really exhausted, but that is lifting. The side effects were as expected, dry mouth, need to eat regularly, headaches and perhaps a little sleep issues - but compared to life before they are well worth it."

Retroesque (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2014

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on Pristiq for just over a month, and I don't have the desire to do anything. I have gone days without shaving or taking a bath. I feel like a zombie unable to make decisions or take care of myself and my home. I find myself seating all day on my sofa, and sleeping most of the day-My appetite has increased and now my weight gone up rapidly. After reading a recent post on this medication, I was shocked to learn that only one other person, has had the same experienced. I am quoting this medication, today."

JeffR02 October 29, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next