User Reviews for Pristiq

Learn more about Pristiq.

Major Depressive Disorder 3 reviews 44 medications

Depression 435 reviews 75 medications

7.5
Summary of Pristiq reviews 438 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Pristiq

Review by amybintn:

For Depression: I've been taking 50 mg Pristiq in combination with 300 mg Wellbutrin for two weeks, and it's the best I've tried. This week I've been able to handle family and work issues with a sense of hope and able to focus rather than anxiety/ worrying, and that's awesome. I had been taking Prozac and Wellbutrin for years but felt it wasn't working. I tried everything but other meds didn't work or had bad side effects. This made me queasy at first, but my dr. had said that would get better, and it did. I take it at night because in the morning, it makes me tired. So don't give up! There is hope. Hang in there.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 1:52 PM

Review by Jewish man:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have fought depression for a long time and this is the first time in years that something has worked. I lost everything but now I can rebuild my life. Pristiq has been a miracle. I have taken many medicines and I was 100% sure nothing would work. Now with Gods help I have a new life. I felt nothing for first few weeks but after a month I'm alive. Thank you for developing this miracle. All the best. PLEASE BELIEVE ME, BEFORE THIS I WAS SURE NOTHING WOULD WORK AND I WAS SUICIDAL. FEW WEEKS AGO I WOULD HAVE TOLD LIVING IS THE WORST THING POSSIBLE BUT NOW IT WORKS, MY BRAIN DOES NOT WANT TO SLEEP ALL WEEK AND LOOSE EVERYTHING AND BE HOMELESS. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP. YOU ARE HERE FOR A PURPOSE.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 4:15 AM

Review by Kristylyn:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I'm on 200 mg a day... It worked for the first few years but of late I'm not doing so well

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2014 5:11 AM

Review by Alicemcn5:

For Depression: Diagnosed with Cyclothymia, as severely depressed and adult ADHD. Been on Pristiq for 2 years, before that Cymbalta. Although both worked well, Pristiq has helped much more (no meds for ADHD). Had to have the dosage raised today because I must have hit a plateau and started feeling bad again. Doc says the higher dosage for six weeks should help get me back on track and then I can take the regular dose again. For anyone that has quit these medicines cold turkey, please don't do it, can cause seizures/psychotic episodes, talk to doctor. I'll be on these meds or something all my life, so feeling better-no complaints. I'm actually nicer on Pristiq and since I don't take anything for ADHD I'm still very interesting too.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by jji:

For Depression: I could accept things better.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 8:41 PM

Review by Mel Down:

For Depression: I have tried 3 different antidepressants throughout my life & I have been on Pristiq for a year now. It worked really well to help my depression but 2 downfalls for me are massively low libido and withdraws before the tablet is due to be taken. Tingling, slow vision, what seems like electric currents going off in my head. Weaning off will be the biggest challenge due to rapid onset of side effects. I have read from people who tried to wean off them & failed because they were quite unwell.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by kiji:

For Depression: I have never been so sick on a medicine in all of my life. Perhaps I don't handle SNRIs well. I felt completely out of body, threw up, and am dealing with after effects of coming off cold turkey. If you're sensitive to medicines, don't take this. There is only 1 dose which means jumping right on to the high "therapeutic" dose without tapering up. Scary! You're better off coming up slowly on a medicine that can be slowly tapered up and down.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 3:08 PM

Review by Ga girl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Been off/on antidepressants for 20 years. Been on 100 mg of Zoloft for about 5 years now and was having some adverse effects- gained a lot of weight for starters. Started Pristiq about 3 weeks ago. I feel a lot clearer in the mind- guess I didn't realize the Fog I was in on the Zoloft. I'm not hungry- lost seven pounds in the first two weeks. Had some headaches while switching over. Sleep hasn't been a problem- but I have found that I need to take the meds at the same time in the mornings or I have headaches. So far, so good. Hopefully it will continue long term. I will probably be on meds the rest of my life- I've come to terms with that. Hoping this will be the last one I'm on!

May 27, 2014 3:06 PM

Review by jelopa418 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I take Wellburtin XL 150mg and Pristiq and have been since 2009. Tried to go off of Pristiq twice because my sodium level is a bit low. Within a month of being off of Pristiq I got my old anxiety attacks, panic, insomnia, etc., so the positive definitely outweighs the negative. Hopefully, my sodium will be corrected now that I'm seeing a specialist for it, but for me Pristiq and Wellbutrin XL work wonders and I don't plan to go off either ever again.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by TulsaXOGirl:

For Depression: My Psychiatrist put me in 50mg Pristiq for compulsive, regular binge eating and anxiety/depression. The first week I was on it, my anxiety-ridden thoughts about food changed completely and I lost interest in binge eating, so I have lost a few pounds so far. I was extremely happy, with virtually no anxiety. I am now on week 2, and the anxiety is starting to creep back in and I'm not quite as happy, so I will be discussing increasing my dosage with my doctor. The loss of interest in food has persisted. Overall, I think this medication is great and I plan to stay on it.

May 9, 2014 9:50 AM

Review by WilJay (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Pristiq clears my mind so I think clearly. I'm able to make the tough, necessary decisions.

April 30, 2014 11:31 AM

Review by BRMAN (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I took 50mg pills for almost 5 months. I could feel the improvement in my mood and in my life as a consequence. No sexual side-effects. Unfortunately I had to stop because it was causing severe hair-loss (alopecia).

March 24, 2014 7:26 PM

Review by vmart085 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I rated Pristiq a 9 for the simple fact that although it was really helped me get out of depression, I have been having crazy vivid dreams. The dreams are not pleasant, or bad, just weird. I have flashbacks about them all through the day, and I can recall almost every little detail. Some might argue that this is not a bad side effect, however, because of this, I've been having poor sleep. All this said, it wouldn't be a reason for me to get off the medication. It has really given me back my life!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2014 9:08 AM

Review by dotts:

For Depression: I have been ON EVERYTHING even when it was in test study, Prozac, etc. After being on the test study for Pristiq I begged to be put on it on a regular basis. I sleep 7-8 hours per night uninterrupted, I am high performance on my job, I have a renewed life even including exercise. However this medicine is a 4 tier on my Blue Cross supplemental and it is very expensive for a 90 day supply.

March 3, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by Tim123:

For Depression: I had been on Pristiq for about 1 year at 50mg. While on it, the feelings of depression and anxiety pretty much disappeared. However, after changing my lifestyle for the better and going off Pristiq I have been dealing with withdrawal side effects. It has been 4 weeks now and I still have the brain zaps which make me feel unsteady. These zaps have been continuous and extremely upsetting. Add to this the deep states of sadness (mention the least sad thing and I would start crying) and the nightmares....it has been a very rough 4 weeks. For the last week I have had blood pressure swings from 110/60 to 218/111 and weakness in the large muscles of my legs and arms. For those going on or off, be careful!

February 28, 2014 9:10 AM

Review by Devilboy77 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been taking this medication for 2 months, the first month I suffered almost all of the side effects from loss of appetite, headaches, dizziness, loss of concentration, loss of sex drive and not sleeping. 2 month in and I find myself having episodes of feeling really angry and crying for no reason and to the point of not eating and just sleeping. I am seeing a psychologist and am yet to discuss with them why I am still feeling depressed and now angry with or at myself.

February 26, 2014 10:34 PM

Review by jahnj82a (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I was desperate for something that would get me out of the dark abyss that is anxiety and depression, and get rid of the constant thoughts of suicide. I turned to Pristiq - it was new, and made out to be a miracle. And it was. I had no side effects when I started taking it. I was able to get back to work and perform better in school. Everything seemed great. I had my life back. Until, months later, I went my first day without it. The withdrawal symptoms were crippling. Paranoia, a pounding headache, vertigo, and sweating are just a few of the symptoms I experienced in my withdrawal. The headache was so severe I could do nothing but lie down. I still take. Too difficult to quit.

February 24, 2014 9:28 PM

Review by 151Kat (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I started taking Pristiq 50mg for Major Depression, major anxiety, Chronic pain. I took it first day and it was GREAT! First week sleep, headaches were rough but energy was good. Gradually started decreasing by itself as I kept taking the pills. 9 month's later I was still taking the pills but I was dizzy, getting brain zaps, CRS, tinnitus, major anxiety, non-stop migraine for 2 months, bed rest, and had to go to psych hospital. Psych. MD upped to 100mg Pristiq that lasted a week. My whole spine was HURTING and now I am switching over to a new SNRI that I am not happy about. And still on withdrawal from Pristiq.

February 17, 2014 1:14 PM

Review by sbbt:

For Depression: I took Pristiq for the first time today. Along side of Deplin and ADD medication. I thought it would be a good idea to take all this at night. Not so much. I am wide awake and have to start getting ready for work in 2 and a half hours. I have struggled with depression and anxiety for years now. But I must say today has been one of the best days I have had in a long time. I am sure me making a change in the right direction has something to do with it but still very happy and excited. I have had yawning already which I have experienced before on anti - depressants and I also have dry mouth. I have a pretty good cocktail going on but it had to be done.

February 14, 2014 3:30 AM

Review by kt124 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I was diagnosed with anxiety and major depression just over a year ago. I am a 19 year old female and have a very difficult family situation. I first tried Cipralex which made me really irritable, then I tried Wellbutrin which gave me a rash. I was then on Cymbalta for 6 months, but I had many side effects and was exhausted. Within the first week on Pristiq I began to notice a huge difference, much more energy. A month later I almost feel like my old self, lots of energy, I can control my own thoughts, and I can concentrate which is amazing because I'm in university. I'm so glad I finally found something that works for me, and I'm looking forward to more improvements over time.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by Zyut (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: After a severe injury in the workplace, I hit rock bottom, depressed, suicidal, hopeless, really sad. I didn't understand what was going on, like someone else was at the wheel and I had to go along on this scary ride. I needed help so went to a psychiatrist who diagnosed clinical Depression, this was a relief to hear and separated me from the weirdo driving! Took 2 years of counseling and different medicines to find the right one, for me it is Pristiq. I have been on it for 8 years and now work full time. I think it takes a while for the user to live with an anti-depressant medication, I read and hear of many who want out after 2-4 years, but I found that just hanging in there is the way to go. I see myself as complete now, no side effects.

January 26, 2014 3:28 PM

Review by Kevin8888:

For Depression: Went to the doctor complaining of anxiety. Was waking up and not falling back asleep or even worse could not fall asleep. Was also having anxiety attacks. The last time this happened I was prescribed effexor which was a nightmare and Celexa which did nothing for me. Ended up quitting my job and with time off I returned to normal. Quitting my job this time is not a option so the doctor put me on Pristiq. Noticed a positive effect within 7 days and I have been on it for a month now. This drug has worked absolute wonders for me. I have had no side effects at all (and no sexual impotency).

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2014 7:27 PM

Review by amyc123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been taking 50mg of Pristiq for about 5 weeks now, and just started taking 100 mg a couple days ago. I am 31 yrs old, but have been on antidepressants for 10 yrs. I've tried many SSRI's (Lexapro for several yrs) and never felt much better at all. I remained depressed and began to try to accept that this is just what my life would be. Finally, about 2 months ago my Drs office began doing genetic testing which can guide them on what medicines your body will respond best to. So Pristiq it was. I think my mood has lifted somewhat. I'm really hoping it will improve even more as studies show full benefits take 6-8 weeks.

January 2, 2014 1:15 AM

Review by tried everything (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: So I had anxiety and depression. My GP prescribed Lexapro initially, then Wellbutrin, then Zoloft (coupled with Xanax). Nothing was working and I was waking up in the morning every day with panic attacks. My GP recommended I go to a Psych, which I did for first time in my life. He changed me to long acting Xanex XR Pristiq. Both have been massively better and Pristiq could be a game changer. The side effects I had adjusting to SSRIs were very very bad but getting on Pristiq has been very easy. Only a headache for 2 days. I recommend people try this. My panic attacks and anxiety literally vanished after 3-4 days. I feel like I finally found what I needed.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2013 10:28 PM

Review by Jo Girl:

For Depression: Have been taking Pristiq for just on a month -- relief from anxiety and depression after 3 days and able to concentrate and focus again to full capacity -- no side effects and sleeping well. I was on Efexor on and off for 10 years, with not a lot of relief from anxiety symptoms. Have lost some weight as well, and am starting to feel very positive.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2013 3:06 AM