Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Pristiq

Learn more about Pristiq.

Depression 445 reviews 75 medications

7.5
Major Depressive Disorder 4 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Pristiq reviews 449 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Pristiq

Review by dbugg91:

For Depression: Pristiq for me is a life saver! The fist 2 days I took the medication I was tired, but now being on it for two weeks it is amazing. I used to cry at the drop of a hat, and I had severe anxiety. Pristiq is the only medication that has ever worked for me! Try it! It might save your life too!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2014 2:51 PM

Review by skisiks (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have forgot to take a couple of times. I am not able to function if I skip I have to go to doctor and beg for more if I run out. I am going to ask to be taken off this medicine and prescribed something else. My last experience was horrible. I ran out for 1 night and when I awoke I was falling everywhere and could not get it under control until I took a pill.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2014 9:25 PM

Review by JeffR02:

For Depression: I've been on Pristiq for just over a month, and I don't have the desire to do anything. I have gone days without shaving or taking a bath. I feel like a zombie unable to make decisions or take care of myself and my home. I find myself seating all day on my sofa, and sleeping most of the day-My appetite has increased and now my weight gone up rapidly. After reading a recent post on this medication, I was shocked to learn that only one other person, has had the same experienced. I am quoting this medication, today.

October 29, 2014 1:13 PM

Review by ElizaNYC:

For Depression: This medicine saved my sanity. I had crippling anxiety/panic attack disorder that forced me to take a year and a half off of college. I was a complete and total wreck. After a year and a half of rest/therapy I decided I was ready to go back to school, within 3 weeks I was totally crumbling, and was completely overwhelmed (anxiety disorder I had worked so hard to treat was rearing its ugly head). I was scared to try another med because my old one made me gain 55lbs (despite dieting), but at this point I was so desperate. My psychiatrist gave me Pristiq and BAM a week later I was like a different person. No more constant crying and confusion. Now 10 months later I am doing really well in school and have lost 40lbs.

October 23, 2014 6:27 PM

Review by Bethkk (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I took Pristiq for one day. It was the most distressing experience ever. For about 48 hours, had blurry vision, jumpy eyes, dizziness, sweating, and kept changing moods every 5 minutes. First was crying, then felt high and was starring into space. Have taken Lexapro before and never felt anything remotely close to this horrible. This medicine was not for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2014 6:45 AM

Review by odat:

For Depression: Went from 50mg to 100mg. After 3 weeks on 50mg trying to adjust. Not getting results with tears or compulsive behavior like eating. Side effects of face flushing and hot flashes, anxiety is worse. It hasn't been 30 days on the change yet. Feel crazy.

September 24, 2014 9:49 PM

For Depression: I want to share my experience because I was terrified when I first started Pristiq. It was the first time I'd taken an antidepressant following a severe depressive episode. I read so many negative things about Pristiq and people over analysing it. It took 6 weeks to work and yes I had dry mouth, headaches and nausea but they passed after a few days. The anxiety went away gradually and I felt like I could control it again. The depression lifted too and I could function. I went cold turkey to come off it (Dr supervised) and yep side effects but no big deal. The brain zaps were full on but they lasted about 4 days. I feel great. Of course I'm doing lots of exercise and eating well too...but Pristiq helped.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 6:04 PM

Review by Root Beer Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: This medicine has been very helpful to me. I started having extreme anxiety when I started taking Latuda. For two years I dealt with depression, severe anxiety and killer side effects from the SSRI (avoid them). In 2014 I finally said "ENOUGH!" I was a little scared to try a different medicine but life was so terrible I was willing to get some relief. I did not have any side effects when started taking the medicine. Pristiq has given some of my life back. I can function at the day program (which was in jeopardy before Pristiq) I highly recommend this medicine for those who suffer from depression and anxiety, at lease give it a try.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2014 2:48 AM

Review by Diggster (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Was on Pristiq about a year ago, got of it due to, being totally grey, NO highs - No lows limited high happy moments. I know its supposed to level your moods. But I wanted off it. I weaned myself of it by buying a steel bladed pill cutter, cut the pill into

August 16, 2014 8:26 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Bad withdrawal symptoms when trying to quit. I had horrible depression when trying to wean off. Also didn't like how I felt on it. Took my imagination away, ability to day dream. Gave me high blood pressure. You must get on medicines for high blood pressure. So either stop Pristiq or get high blood pressure meds if you need it.

July 31, 2014 4:56 AM

Review by livebyfaith (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I used Pristiq to treat anxiety/panic/depression after trying a few other meds that didn't work well a few years ago. Cymbalta was one that did work better when trying to find the right one but not quite as well. I eventually switched to Prozac due to cost, after that worked well for a year or two and eventually tapered off medicines all together. Had another episode and tried Prozac again and then Celexa, neither of which worked well. I just switched back to Pristiq and feel like I can literally tell the difference after only a day. I do know you need to take each day and at the same time to avoid withdrawal symptoms but I was able to get off it pretty easy in the past by switching to Prozac and then tapering. Hoping for the best!

July 28, 2014 2:20 PM

Review by amybintn:

For Depression: I've been taking 50 mg Pristiq in combination with 300 mg Wellbutrin for two weeks, and it's the best I've tried. This week I've been able to handle family and work issues with a sense of hope and able to focus rather than anxiety/ worrying, and that's awesome. I had been taking Prozac and Wellbutrin for years but felt it wasn't working. I tried everything but other meds didn't work or had bad side effects. This made me queasy at first, but my dr. had said that would get better, and it did. I take it at night because in the morning, it makes me tired. So don't give up! There is hope. Hang in there.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 1:52 PM

Review by Jewish man:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have fought depression for a long time and this is the first time in years that something has worked. I lost everything but now I can rebuild my life. Pristiq has been a miracle. I have taken many medicines and I was 100% sure nothing would work. Now with Gods help I have a new life. I felt nothing for first few weeks but after a month I'm alive. Thank you for developing this miracle. All the best. PLEASE BELIEVE ME, BEFORE THIS I WAS SURE NOTHING WOULD WORK AND I WAS SUICIDAL. FEW WEEKS AGO I WOULD HAVE TOLD LIVING IS THE WORST THING POSSIBLE BUT NOW IT WORKS, MY BRAIN DOES NOT WANT TO SLEEP ALL WEEK AND LOOSE EVERYTHING AND BE HOMELESS. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP. YOU ARE HERE FOR A PURPOSE.

July 24, 2014 4:15 AM

Review by Kristylyn:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I'm on 200 mg a day... It worked for the first few years but of late I'm not doing so well

July 12, 2014 5:11 AM

Review by Alicemcn5:

For Depression: Diagnosed with Cyclothymia, as severely depressed and adult ADHD. Been on Pristiq for 2 years, before that Cymbalta. Although both worked well, Pristiq has helped much more (no meds for ADHD). Had to have the dosage raised today because I must have hit a plateau and started feeling bad again. Doc says the higher dosage for six weeks should help get me back on track and then I can take the regular dose again. For anyone that has quit these medicines cold turkey, please don't do it, can cause seizures/psychotic episodes, talk to doctor. I'll be on these meds or something all my life, so feeling better-no complaints. I'm actually nicer on Pristiq and since I don't take anything for ADHD I'm still very interesting too.

July 11, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by jji:

For Depression: I could accept things better.

June 18, 2014 8:41 PM

Review by Mel Down:

For Depression: I have tried 3 different antidepressants throughout my life & I have been on Pristiq for a year now. It worked really well to help my depression but 2 downfalls for me are massively low libido and withdraws before the tablet is due to be taken. Tingling, slow vision, what seems like electric currents going off in my head. Weaning off will be the biggest challenge due to rapid onset of side effects. I have read from people who tried to wean off them & failed because they were quite unwell.

June 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by kiji:

For Depression: I have never been so sick on a medicine in all of my life. Perhaps I don't handle SNRIs well. I felt completely out of body, threw up, and am dealing with after effects of coming off cold turkey. If you're sensitive to medicines, don't take this. There is only 1 dose which means jumping right on to the high "therapeutic" dose without tapering up. Scary! You're better off coming up slowly on a medicine that can be slowly tapered up and down.

May 28, 2014 3:08 PM

Review by Ga girl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Been off/on antidepressants for 20 years. Been on 100 mg of Zoloft for about 5 years now and was having some adverse effects- gained a lot of weight for starters. Started Pristiq about 3 weeks ago. I feel a lot clearer in the mind- guess I didn't realize the Fog I was in on the Zoloft. I'm not hungry- lost seven pounds in the first two weeks. Had some headaches while switching over. Sleep hasn't been a problem- but I have found that I need to take the meds at the same time in the mornings or I have headaches. So far, so good. Hopefully it will continue long term. I will probably be on meds the rest of my life- I've come to terms with that. Hoping this will be the last one I'm on!

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 3:06 PM

Review by jelopa418 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I take Wellburtin XL 150mg and Pristiq and have been since 2009. Tried to go off of Pristiq twice because my sodium level is a bit low. Within a month of being off of Pristiq I got my old anxiety attacks, panic, insomnia, etc., so the positive definitely outweighs the negative. Hopefully, my sodium will be corrected now that I'm seeing a specialist for it, but for me Pristiq and Wellbutrin XL work wonders and I don't plan to go off either ever again.

May 21, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by TulsaXOGirl:

For Depression: My Psychiatrist put me in 50mg Pristiq for compulsive, regular binge eating and anxiety/depression. The first week I was on it, my anxiety-ridden thoughts about food changed completely and I lost interest in binge eating, so I have lost a few pounds so far. I was extremely happy, with virtually no anxiety. I am now on week 2, and the anxiety is starting to creep back in and I'm not quite as happy, so I will be discussing increasing my dosage with my doctor. The loss of interest in food has persisted. Overall, I think this medication is great and I plan to stay on it.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2014 9:50 AM

Review by WilJay (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Pristiq clears my mind so I think clearly. I'm able to make the tough, necessary decisions.

April 30, 2014 11:31 AM

Review by BRMAN (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I took 50mg pills for almost 5 months. I could feel the improvement in my mood and in my life as a consequence. No sexual side-effects. Unfortunately I had to stop because it was causing severe hair-loss (alopecia).

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2014 7:26 PM

Review by vmart085 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I rated Pristiq a 9 for the simple fact that although it was really helped me get out of depression, I have been having crazy vivid dreams. The dreams are not pleasant, or bad, just weird. I have flashbacks about them all through the day, and I can recall almost every little detail. Some might argue that this is not a bad side effect, however, because of this, I've been having poor sleep. All this said, it wouldn't be a reason for me to get off the medication. It has really given me back my life!

March 12, 2014 9:08 AM

Review by dotts:

For Depression: I have been ON EVERYTHING even when it was in test study, Prozac, etc. After being on the test study for Pristiq I begged to be put on it on a regular basis. I sleep 7-8 hours per night uninterrupted, I am high performance on my job, I have a renewed life even including exercise. However this medicine is a 4 tier on my Blue Cross supplemental and it is very expensive for a 90 day supply.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2014 10:16 PM