User Reviews for Pristiq

Learn more about Pristiq.

Pristiq review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 137 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Pristiq to treat Depression

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I love Pristiq. Upped from 50 mg to 100 mg and it works better with 100 mg Seroquel XR. Better than Zoloft and I'm now almost feeling normal. No side effects at all.

September 30, 2012 10:47 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I am 26, female and have been on Pristiq for a little over 18 months. It worked fantastic for the first year, my anxiety and depression was under control for the first time ever. For the last few months though I have noticed a lot more side effects, I have gained weight and although my sex drive hasn't dropped I find it very hard to reach orgasm. Also if I miss one day I have really bad withdrawals - migraine headaches, nausea, dizzy spells and out of control emotions. I think Pristiq is great for short term use but I'm not convinced its good as a long term option.

September 25, 2012 8:53 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

My dreams are too vivid. Every night, crazy dreams, leaving me feeling unrested. Also, very hard to have a orgasm.

September 24, 2012 10:13 PM

Insomnia, nausea

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 19, 2012 5:20 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Not able to determine true effectiveness because within a week of starting it caused severe nose bleeds so had to discontinue use.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 17, 2012 8:31 AM
Review by At last (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I'm blown away and I'm only at the end of my first week. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I feel amazing! Like I was meant to always feel. I've suffered with severe depression and anxiety most of my life tried many medications nothing worked and up until today I thought Pristiq wasn't for me the first few days were hell. My anxiety shot through the roof had the runs and racing pulse up until I fell asleep last night. Woke up this morning feeling a little groggy, caught the train to work. All of a sudden I feel calm and happy. Seriously this if it stays like this will change my life! I'm sweating a little but nothing too major. My vision seems clearer, I feel more focused already.

September 9, 2012 10:13 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have been taking Pristiq for 3 weeks now. First week, a mild headache, and insomnia, but after reading forums I would take it early in morning, and sleep improved. This is the first antidepressant I have taken. I felt wonderful, and thought wow this is what I have been missing! Things that bothered me before, became insignificant. Week 2 much of the same. Week 3 I feel tired and slightly flat, much the same as I did before. I had an anxious moment but distracted myself and it passed. First time I actively felt anxious. I will continue to see how it goes. Having feel the amazing, stable, elevated mood in the begining makes me consider riding it out.

September 7, 2012 12:23 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I was on Celexa for a year and a half due to post partum. I slowly weened off it and was off for 6 months before the depression came back. I was then put on Pristiq. Big mistake. After 4 days, my pupils were dilated and I had sweats daily. I ended up being admitted to emergency and they said I had serotonin syndrome. Too much for me.

August 26, 2012 10:57 PM
Review by Maddey (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Pristiq has been the first and only anti-depressant I've taken, so I didn't know what to expect. What I got from the daily pill was an aid, it was like having crutches; it just helped me do what I needed to do. The first week I felt different, along with the slight nausea in the morning (I took it at night after dinner), and yawning which was only slightly annoying. Overall it was a 100% experience.

August 26, 2012 8:42 AM

It has changed my life

August 13, 2012 8:53 AM
Review by bnanbn (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have tried them all. Did not like the side effects from basically all of them. Pristiq is different. The the side effects seem almost the same but different in a few ways. I love sex. Taking Pristiq has the same results as the other medicines with one exception. Stop taking for a day and you are back in business. The other medicines would take much longer to get out of your system.

August 10, 2012 12:35 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I've been on 50mg for about 3 months now. Practically no side effects to begin with and immediate relief of anxiety. A litlle too sleepy to begin with. Today I am feeling optimistic, less negative thinking and overall a lot better. With time the sexual side effects have turned stronger - I basically have very little sex drive and cannot orgasm. Occasionally I have very mild anxiety as I have stayed on 50mg despite the doctor having told me to increase the dosage. But the overall result is very positive and I will only change it if the sexual issues become too uncomfortable.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 6, 2012 4:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I've been on Pristiq now for 4 months and it has changed my life for the better. Pristiq needs time to work though. During the first few weeks I had no desire to eat anything. Then after the 3rd week I got my appetite back. I've went from 150 pounds 3 months ago to 170 today. Back to where I was. I've gotten energy back whilst on Pristiq and my desire to do things has returned. To those who are optimistic about Pristiq I recommend that you give it a chance.

July 30, 2012 6:20 PM
Review by SweatyZombi (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I'm 29, female, was on Celexa before. On 50mg of medicine for past 2 weeks. Killed my sex drive stone cold-just gone! Palpitations like crazy. Extreme nausea and dizziness. Sweating through my clothes...under arms, chest, back, groin, everywhere! My whole body is very tense and my TMJ is flaring like crazy. Feel like a sweaty zombie with palpitations and zero sex drive. Trying to stick with it.

July 26, 2012 7:29 AM
Review by sallykt (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Pristiq has been the best depression medication that I have tried even though it is supposed to have adverse side effects with other medications I am currently taking. I like it so much that I am reluctant to try something else since no other anti-depressant has been as effective.

July 21, 2012 6:18 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Been taking 100mg for around 6 months now for Depression and Anxiety. I felt an almost immediate effect from Pristiq, did have trouble getting to sleep for the first 10 or so days and felt weird and spaced out a bit but nothing bad. I now feel great, I have a clear head and great concentration. I'm a lot more social too. I'm much more relaxed and look at life in a positive way. Stick with it, its the best medicine I have used by far.

July 11, 2012 1:14 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Although this medication is costly. I love it, I have energy, I'm happy and not depressed. Before taking this I tried other medication nothing worked. I feel alive, before I couldn't get out of bed.

June 25, 2012 3:33 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I had been on Lexapro for over a year and it was working great with the exception of having zero libido. With my relationship at stake I decided to try Pristiq. After about a week I realized that I was back to my old irritable, pre-medicated self. I have been crying at the drop of a hat, snapping on loved ones, and I have been nauseous almost everyday. Not to mention I went from 125 pounds to 137 pounds in a month. I talked to my doctor today and she suggested trying Viibryd.

June 13, 2012 12:48 PM
Review by wombatbaby: User Rating:

I don't advise anybody to go off the medicine as dramatic as I have, but I do hope the best for everyone. Just pray if it helps and always know your purpose in life is to find happiness.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 4, 2012 9:20 PM
Review by Sara36 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I have taken Pristiq for 2 weeks and it is starting to help my mood and energy level. I am so happy as this gives me hope that I can get back to normal.

May 25, 2012 1:54 PM
Review by catotamartins (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

For all of those who are hesitant to start... don't be. After only one day on Pristiq I became aware of how imbalanced my brain was and how totally irrational my thoughts were. I know it's hard to admit that you need it, but there is no need to suffer so much. I had almost no side effects (it is day 4 now) and I feel much more confident and calm, no more compulsive crying and victimization. They say it gets better after 3 weeks, if that's the case and I already feel great, I can't wait!

May 21, 2012 10:42 AM
Review by On the right path (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I was on my 4th try on a antidepressant and was feeling very discouraged. I had many side effects from the other medicines such as sleepiness, headaches, overeating, agitation, and crying spells. My therapist gave me Pristiq. I read about the side effects and was not looking forward to headaches. I took it and had no side effects. On my second day I was doing a lot more things and felt a lot better. Thank God!

May 17, 2012 2:25 PM
Review by Bren112160 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Munik....thank you so much for your review. I was telling a friend that I was feeling anxious and irritable today and wasn't sure if my new medication (Pristiq) was for me. It's been 2 weeks and thanks to your words of encouragement I'm hanging in there. I must say I have noticed a decrease in my appetite which is much needed and have felt like exercising for the first time in years.

May 16, 2012 11:11 AM
Review by nanny563 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I'm am so pleased that I asked my Doctor to put me on Pristiq. I feel like I am living my life again. I was in a very dark place before and I have seen the light.

May 2, 2012 8:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have suffered with severe depression for at least 25 years. I wasn't willing to admit that I needed help...just kept trying to power through it. The past year has been a nightmare. I went to a family doctor and was prescribed Wellbutrin. Felt like I was on the verge of becoming psychotic within 1 week. I stopped taking the medicine and just gutted it out. Barely hanging on. Barely surviving. My wife convinced me to go to a psychiatrist and I was prescribed Pristiq. Following my first dose, my life has changed! I never knew how bad off I was until I started taking Pristiq. Before I was SUFFERING everyday of my life. I now feel hope. I now feel confident. I now want to do things with my family. I now have renewed interest in my job. Pristiq has changed my life. I can't believe it. I am so thankful that I have this medicine. I'm kicking myself for not getting help sooner.

April 24, 2012 5:50 PM