User Reviews for Pristiq (Page 2)

Learn more about Pristiq.

Pristiq Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 223 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Pristiq to treat Depression

"36. Depression on and off since 15yrs old. Tried diff Meds. On Welbutrin for 5 years and felt like it stopped working. About Aug 2015 I was crying constantly so switched to Prisitiq 50mg began Dec'15 and crying stopped. But so did all of my other feelings. I Feel nothing. Plus zero libido. zero. That is not good for a marriage. Thankfully hubby supportive. Quit taking Dec 30 Dr warned me cold turkey would not good but trying. Feelings coming back but too bad just sadness right now. Wish I never even tried this. Tears are better than no feelings."

SoDone. January 2, 2016

"Since being on Prestiq I enjoy every day, not feeling down, no beating myself up, just enjoying life. Yaaa"

Aggles (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2015

"On it again for OCD and depression. Actually still tired after 6 weeks switched to night and screws up my sleep pattern. Not sure when to take it. It does help but can you live this tired forever?."

Cannonball dr December 29, 2015

"I've been on Pritiq two years now and it's a nightmare to get off of them. I wish I would have never started them going off of them is so hard the side effects are probably close to an addict coming off drugs. I've only missed a dose and I feel like hell. DO NOT GO ON THEM TRY ANOTHER ANTIDEPRESSANT!! If I knew then what I know now about the withdrawal effects I would have stayed on Citalipram. as Pritiq is time released pill you can't just take a smaller dose to go off. Living nightmare as I don't find much benefit from them for depression and now I can't get off them without feeling like I'm going insane."

Mountain Badger December 20, 2015

"I have been taking antidepressants for years; prozac, celexa,cymbalta, and now pristiq. I have always had problems stopping taking antidepressants and needed to go back on the medication after a while. I even stopped taking pristiq and found it necessary to go back on the drug after stopping. This last time I started taking pristiq I felt much better after some weeks and everything was back to normal. Then I began to notice more depression symptoms like brain fog, general lack of motivation, tiredness, major forgetfulness. I went out of town and even forgot to take the pills with me. This is where things took a strange turn. I felt better the next day! Every day that went by I felt better. I forgot what felt like to fell this good"

Foxtrot70 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2015

"This is day two for me taking the medicine, and already my face has broke, I'm very tired, and I feel anxious at times and like crying at others. I don't like it. I'm going back to latunda"

Anonymous December 9, 2015

"I have suffered from depression on & off since childhood as I had gone through a lot of trauma in my childhood. I believe my brain was rewired due to the depression I've endured since - that first started when I was 9 yrs old. I've been on about 14 different antidepressants of all types (including MAOI 's & mood stabilizers & none of them had really worked for me. I gave up on everything - & truly believed I'd just had to accept wanting to die almost daily for the rest of my life!!! I finally asked my Dr. if I could try any new antidepressants & he prescribed Pristiq. This is the start of my 3rd month on it & it's changed my life! I'm actually feeling wonderful & have found hope again! On 50mgs/day."

gingermynx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

"I took pristiq for a month, one pill a day, I'm currently tapering myself off of it now because it has caused the following effects: Loss of any emotion Uncontrolable shaking Inability to feel hungry or full & Inability to feel pain I'm 16 and this anti depressant is for 18 but my gp thought it was a good idea to prescribe it for me? I don't think I'll ever take another anti depressant again I'd rather feel everything than nothing."

WalksAlot December 5, 2015

"I was on this for 5 weeks broke out in hives- now off of it and on Prednisone. I also take Lamictal so she took me off that too as she didn't know which med was causing the issue. If you start itching get to your DR right away"

Sammijo1122 November 28, 2015

"I used to experience severe panic attacks every single day until I decided to see a doctor. Have not had a single attack since I started on pristiq. Best antidepressant I have ever taken."

Allyw1704 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2015

"After a horrible two years on Prozac Pristiq came in like a saviour. It reminded me what my normal thought process was without depression. I started on 50mg and 3 months in upped it to 100 and most of the time it's great however like everything tis not perfect. I have good days and bad days. I often have a few weeks of good days and when it's bad it's really bad; no motivation, suicidal, depressed, anxious. I also notice that if I miss a day or two I go through major withdrawal and that leads to similar symptoms as a bad day. Overall it really did change my life but it's not perfect."

vugbnm,;ihg November 7, 2015

"I have been on this for about 15 months, starting at 100 then up to 150 I haven't had any side effects apart from a slightly dry mouth and reduced libido. It hasn't done anything for my depression and I'm now weaning off it (2nd week and so far no issues)."

dave1234aust4321 November 6, 2015

"I tried Pristiq for 3 months with no good results. I have social anxiety disorder and typically only become anxious around people. When on this medication I became anxious 24/7 and the intensity of the anxiety increased. I also suffer from depression. This medication took away all of my good thoughts and negative ones as well. It left me feeling empty and like a robot. I could not talk to people. I have asperger's syndrome as well and almost lost the ability to speak when on this medication. It is horrible I would not recommend it for anyone who suffers from anxiety, depression, or aspergers."

chess52424245 October 29, 2015

"I was being prescribed different anxiety/depression drugs when Effexor stopped working. It was hell for months. Then I had the genetic blood test and found that there were only a few drugs that could work with my body. I was prescribed Pristiq 3 years ago and so far it has worked. initially, the side effects are strong, but they lessen as time goes on. Currently, I may have dizziness and flushing, but the good effects of this drug greatly outweigh the bad. I am taking 150 mg (1) 50 mg and (1) 100 mg and found out it is $60 less per prescription if I take (3) 50 mg pills instead. This is not an inexpensive drug, but it works for me."

Bgrman October 9, 2015

"Worked okay but caused fainting spells. Coming off of it (tapering, per doctor'said orders) was terrible. I've been told more than once that the way I felt sounded like a heroin addict coming off heroin. I was sick to my stomach, my entire body was in constant pain, every joint and muscle, headaches, I felt cold one minute and burning up the next, exhausted but couldn't sleep, nightmares when I could catch a few minutes and periods of wishing someone would just put me out of my misery. This drug is dangerous! Imagine if someone ran out and couldn't taper off. "

Mjhmelissa October 4, 2015

"I'd been on Prozac for 5 years and its effects had started to wane. I was severely depressed with anxiety and extreme tiredness. I was going to bed at 7pm and had to drag myself out of bed. Everything felt completely overwhelming. I sat with the prescription for about a month. Some reviews I'd read had me terrified. It got so bad I thought there was nothing left to lose. I decided to ensure I'd never run out and I'd take it at the same time every day. I had a migraine at the very beginning so drank more water and I am feeling great. The best part is increased energy. I feel like a normal person. This has been a lifesaver. Would recommend if you have debilitating fatigue."

Cwilli September 19, 2015

"As a septic and someone who hasn't had good experiences with antidepressants I must say this medication has been amazing. I must have tried 6-8 different types and always felt they either didn't work or the side effects were too unbearable. I went to my GP to go back on to Lexapro as it was the one I did best on (but lost all libido) and he suggested Pristiq which is similar but not supposed to come with the same side effects. So far (8 weeks in) I'm pleased to say it has been a blessing. As had a major impact on the my depression which was getting disturbing and I am feeling no immediate side effects."

Rupes79 September 19, 2015

"As they say what helps you may not help others but Pristiq for me was a life saver. About the 3rd day I was feeling much better from severe depression with suicidal thoughts. After about 5 days I was back to reality and never looked back, that was about 3 or so years ago. I take 50 mg once in the morning daily and since I am 70 yrs old now and I'm staying on them and not going to try to do without them, I don't want to take a chance and end up back with the most horrible sickness I have ever experienced, clinical depression."

Chippawa (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 18, 2015

"Took Prozac for over 20 years. It tends to stop working so tried many different antidepressants over those years. None worked as well for me as Prozac and had various side effects. Three months ago I went to a psychiatrist who put me on Pristiq. I stayed on it one month, which was one month too long. Lucky to have made it out alive. Never had been so depressed in my life. Switched to Zoloft and slowly came back to life."

aftermatch (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

"after trying all ssri for 3 months i tried this snri and within 4 days i felt better. my depression and anxiety were reduced and after one month i m absolutely fine. it has proven to be lifesaver for me. i fully recommend it."

krishan213 September 15, 2015

"Very quickly made everything in my head a lot quieter stopped hallucinations and had only minor side effects. I have been self medicating with recreational drugs for over 25 years pristiq is a massive serotonin booster stopped taking other drugs and have not missed them, also find I am now a less of a danger to other people as now they don't annoy me as much."

dazed & confused September 14, 2015

"I have been on this medication for the last 3 months, & I have noticed a significant change in my mood and mental health overall. I only take 50mg daily & my anxiety medication, it really works well together. I feel pristiq has been a lifesaver!"

luann77 September 7, 2015

"It has done well for me, I was very depressed and it took 6 weeks to really take effect."

Jessie577 August 21, 2015

"I have been depressed for coming up to 5 years. Pristiq is the first medication I found that worked. I started on 50mg and then started 100mg. I found that I was able to get through the days without falling apart and having constant suicidal thoughts. I have been on pristiq for a few years now and I have always had very vivid dreams on them and if I miss a couple of pills I get very dizzy, nauseas, head aches and get very emotional. I love this antidepressant but I fear for my dependence on it"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2015

"I had a major breakdown and was put on 50mg Pristiq, increased to 100mg. I noticed an immediate improvement (on the 50mg) because it stopped the uncontrollable crying. I have been on the medication for 2.5 years but got severe headaches if I missed a pill. I reduced the dosage to 50mg for a year and still got headaches and dizziness if I missed a pill. So, as I am no longer depressed I am coming off this medication. I reduced the dose to 1 tablet every second day for 2 weeks and this is now the 3rd week.I have now been without the tablets for 4 days and have noticed quite a lot of dizziness but no more headaches. I am feeling good about myself and have returned to my positive outlook on life. I am happy to be coming off this medication."

Happy Outlook August 2, 2015