User Reviews for Pristiq (Page 10)

Learn more about Pristiq.

Pristiq Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 221 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Pristiq to treat Depression

"At first, huge side effects - nausea, dry mouth, minor spasms, etc. As the instructions emphasize, hang in there. Took me three to four weeks and I feel much more positive and focused on life."

Anonymous November 9, 2011

"I guess I have had major depression my whole life and I have taken a pill here and there, but I never stuck with it. Recently with the passing of my Mother, I guess emotionally I hit rock bottom and decided I needed to look at doing something and sticking with it. Pristiq was the second medication my Doctor put me on, and I am at week three and I am amazed. It came to late to salvage my current relationship, but my partner says, that I am a different person and asks if it is real. It is real, I feel like I did when I used to be happy, when was that? Years ago, I am thinking more clearly. I am still grieving for the newly loss of my mother and my relationship at the same time, but my mind is "Clear" and I am singing in the shower."

Chia_Pink November 2, 2011

"Day 3 of Pristiq....was just on Cymbalta for 4 months, and it was wonderful and then I got really anxious all of a sudden and angry so we switched. Prior to that I was on Celexa, Paxil and Prozac over 20 years. Am 50 year old female with two sons and husband. Have not noticed any change yet. Anxiety is gone, but I don't feel 'positive' change, more neutral. I take at night as prescribed by my doctor. I sleep well. I am more hungry now than when I was on Cymbalta and am worried I will gain back the weight I lost. Midday I get a tingling in my forehead and thirsty. Am tired. Hope to feel some really positive results over the next few days, as others have posted. Time to have my life back."

Anonymous October 29, 2011

"I have been on Pristiq for about 8 months now for depression and still have bad mood swings but do have a boost in my energy level. I am going to have to discontinue it in the next 2 months because their co-pay program ends and I will have to pay $130.00/month for it. It's good but I cannot afford it."

Anonymous October 27, 2011

"I am a 57 year old male and struggled with anxiety and depression all my life but it peaked about 6 years ago. I began taking the maximum dosage of Wellbutrin 450mg. I was better, but not 100%. I would still get that "knot in my stomach" when the anxiety would rise. I asked my psychiatrist if I could try Pristiq since my mother had good results. He reduced the Wellbutrin and put me on 50mg of Pristiq. I started feeling better after about the 3rd week and after a month, those negative thoughts, not being able to live in the present, lack of joy all changed dramatically for the better. To me, it is a wonder pill - with no side effects at all. "

Anonymous October 17, 2011

"Pristiq definitely works. Psychiatry also works. I was in severe severe depression due to cyberchondria introduced by googling symptom of hiv after a zero risk episode. I fell into major depressive disorder with depersonalization and derealization. I started taking Pristiq and it took really long to kick in. It took me two months to feel normal. No happy high no sadness...just my usual normal. The best part is the anxiety and depression reduces day by day and after 2 months you will feel the cloud lifting. The worst side effects are extreme sleep, fatigue and very very very weird vivid dreams. I don't know if I have to take this for the rest of my life but it definitely reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety. I am enjoying my time now."

Sid84 October 8, 2011

"I have been taking Pristiq for 1 week. 43y Male. First time treating depression. I could "feel" a difference within hours. Hard to believe maybe, but it was a slight improvement. Every day (EVERY SINGLE DAY) has been better than the one before. It is gradual, but VERY noticeable. My wife says "you are coming back" and my son says "thank you for not freaking out so much" and my co-workers are noticing. I even told a joke in a crowd this week (instead of just feeling like I want to leave and be alone) - I am AMAZED. I had sweats and some minor side effects in the first 4 days, but they are completely gone. I am so thankful for this medication. Thank you to the scientists who developed this. You are changing my life for the better!"

Anonymous October 8, 2011

"I am 58, married father of 2. I had a major crash about a month ago. Got addicted to gambling and finally told my wife, then the crash. I have always had some anxiety throughout my life. Nothing like this. Been on it for 4 days, tired and sleep is so so. My hope is that given more time I will see more benefits. Right now it's a struggle to see getting better and tough for my son to see his Dad suffering. Dr says 1-2 weeks to see full benefits. "

arc53 October 7, 2011

"I felt much better on this medication, but found it had unfortunate side effect. After ruling out the 2 other medicines I was on for other conditions, I found out it was the Pristiq that caused major photo-sensitivity. I basically had to stay out of the sun all last summer. I developed blotches and nausea after just a few minutes in the sun. Being depressed and not being able to go outside doesn't work. After weaning off it, the symptoms subsided. Lively to be outside again, but now must try a different medicine."

Nikki P. October 6, 2011

"Do not let the bad experiences of others scare you off this medicine. I read the bad side effects and have not had any of them except the heat related one. It has been a good medicine for me."

Anonymous October 1, 2011

"I just recently started taking it (a little less than 2 weeks ago). The first day I was very giddy and kept getting a tingly feeling from my head to my toes. Than it stopped after the second day but I did experience the hot sweats, loss of appetite, nausea and lack of sleep. The sleep was the worst thing! I woke up almost every hour every night for 2 weeks straight! I was either waking up and feeling wired or waking up because of the hot sweats and I'm only 23! If you want advice, do not take caffeine until some of these side effects go away because it will make you way more wired than usual and you'll feel very uncomfortable. Also, do not DRINK ALCOHOL. 1 sip of wine and felt dizzy for at least an hour!"

ashdon1 September 29, 2011

"I've never been a depressed person until now. I call it a situational depression. I tried to handle it on my own at first but got so tired of crying all the time decided I needed help, something to get me over the hump. So, I've been on Pristiq for about a month. At first I felt like I was in a Benadryl haze for about a week. Just felt strange. One night about a week ago I woke up with the worst night sweats I've ever had, like I just ran 10 miles. Drenched! I could have wrung out my shirt, gross. I also have zero appetite. I wasn't hungry until about 5:00 today and just had half of a salad. I seem to get full fast. As far as my mood, much better. I'm not crying my eyes out everyday which is so refreshing. I feel less anxious."

Anonymous September 27, 2011

"I was on this medicine for 2 days (I know, I should have had more time). I had so many side effects I can't mention them all here but I just felt awful. I called my Doctor and they said it's not for me. There were to many side effects and that was only 2 days on it."

Anonymous September 26, 2011

"I can no longer get Wellbutrin on a patience assistance program. Doctor changed me to Pristiq. I have only been on it for 5 days. I will give it time as has been suggested in these reviews. I have had bi-polar since childhood. Was not diagnosed till 49. I also have binge eating disorder, OCD, BPD. I recently went to a Compounding Shop and am taking something for adrenal fatigue. I am feeling different. Different as in sharp. I am looking forward to what is ahead. "

iconlcisme September 17, 2011

"I have been on Pristiq for a month now and honestly hadn't been able to feel this good for the longest time. I no longer dwell on anxieties and negative thoughts, and I am no longer susceptible to terrible mood swings. I approach each day with optimism even if I have a lot of work to do. I am so so glad I started Pristiq. I feel so much better!"

Anonymous September 13, 2011

"After 20 years of marriage, I have found myself in the midst of a terrible divorce. I spiraled downward quickly and scarily into a deep, dark depression. I have no history of depression or having to take any anti-depressant type medicines. I was at a point where I was almost unable to function and was suicidal. I realized how severe a crisis I was in and started researching for FAST help. I found Pristiq. I have always been a skeptic, to say the least re: antidepressants, but I must admit, this medicine absolutely saved my life. The only minor side effects were feelings of "zoning out" and a headache for about 3 days on 2nd week. NOTHING SINCE. I'll take that over my inability to function ANY DAY. "

justmelissa September 6, 2011

"This medicine is a miracle. I've tried Prozac, Effexor and Wellbutrin. Since I've been on Pristiq, I no longer feel sad and cry the way I used to! I'm finally happy! I thank Pristiq for this! The sadness seems to creep back in however when I've missed a dose, so its imperative that dosing remains consistent. I've found taking it in the morning is best as it does cause sleeplessness. Other side effects I've noticed are; constipation, loss of appetite and substantial weight loss. After reading a few reviews, I laughed as I read another Pristiq user describe how they now "ramble on and on" when talking to someone! I too, do the same thing! I so glad to know it may be a side effect of Pristiq! Take note my dear family! Perhaps I'm really not a "wingnut" after-all."

Kitty Kat2 August 31, 2011

"I am currently one month in and Pristiq is a life saver! After about an hour I felt energized and extremely optimistic. I cleaned, got out of bed, and wanted to do stuff for the first 3 days. Then from 3 days- 3 weeks it was really bad. I had massive mood swings. I'd be feeling really good and then VERY VERY horribe and low. I felt suicidal, angry, and my self esteem was super super low. I'd also have anxiety attacks. Then, after about 3 and a half weeks, it just started working. I felt really really good! I got up and hung out with friends and started doing things! My anxiety was completely gone. Symptoms I've had are increased appetite, headaches, and stomach pains. Definitely give this medicine a chance and give it time to kick in."

Caroline357389534 August 31, 2011

"Taking 50mg. This is my first week. Wellbutrin gave me hives and Lexapro was nothing more than a sugar pill. My most noticeable side effects: repetitive yawning on day three and day six. Almost incomplete non satisfactory yawning followed with a quick wave of nausea. My first two days I felt really nervous. Insides were shaky. Very minor headaches almost every other day. My general sense of well being has improved but I am quieter. I am not as vocal as I was. Almost subdued, which means less arguing with my fiance. I haven't noticed an appetite decrease, in fact my hunger pains seem more pronounced. My sex drive was gone to begin with so nothing to report there. I was in the sun today, noticed a much greater sensitivity to it. Dry mouth."

Anonymous August 31, 2011

"I am a 31 year old male and have been on Pristiq a week. It is too early to tell but so far it is amazing. It has removed that "barrier" that kept me from feeling happiness and I now feel like I am driving with my "bright lights" on. I also have Adult ADHD and I can focus much better on tasks at hand. I also enjoy my job for the first time in years and don't leave work angry everyday. The only side effect that I have experienced is that it takes me longer to climax during sex, which really wouldn't be considered a problem. I hope this medicine continues to work and I will update as I am on it longer. My appetite has also decreased. So far nothing but thumbs up for Pristiq. This is the first out of 6 medicines that I have tried that I would recommend."

Tim Ohio August 31, 2011

"Am a 41AAF. I've taken Pristiq for five months. I begin using Pristiq for menopause. It really help me with the mood swings, depression and even weight loss. The problem is the sweating. I mean I really sweat. I like the Pristiq but the sweating is just like having a hot flash. I really don't know what to. I don't want stop taking the Pristiq but the sweating can be very embarrassing."

Sugaah August 28, 2011

"I have been on Pristiq for about 8 weeks now. I feel good and I am not feeling depressed or sad anymore. I did go through some peaks and valleys with Pristiq at start up for a good 4 weeks and it wasn't seeming to help. It seemed as though it was making me feel worse but all of a sudden I had a breakthrough and have felt good since. My advice to people just starting Pristiq is to give it time you will have a breakthrough, your body needs time to adjust to it. "

Anonymous August 22, 2011

"I have been taking Pristiq for 8 months now and have gained 10kgs. My confidence improved but I find that I am easily angered and get quite snappy. I was worse when I was on 100mg, now I take 50mg am still snappy and angry. I have never in my life been this way until taking Pristiq. Back to the doctors for a change of medicines."

shell76 August 4, 2011

"I feel great! I have had a positive effects from this medicine as well. My appetite has gone away a little bit but that's okay. I still eat when I'm hungry. As far as sexual mood being affected mine wasn't. I have energy also."

emilyemilyemily August 3, 2011

"I have found all these comments really helpful and reassuring. I started taking Pristiq yesterday and it is the first antidepressant I have tried. After taking my first dose I felt very groggy/tired but I had trouble sleeping last night and had frustrating, repetitive dreams when I finally got off to sleep. Today I have taken my second dose in the morning so that hopefully I can sleep tonight. So far I am not feeling drowsy today and I have been feeling good emotionally. I am optimistic about this treatment and love all the positive comments."

Anonymous August 1, 2011