User Reviews for Reclipsen

Learn more about Reclipsen.

Birth Control 100 reviews 275 medications

6.3
Summary of Reclipsen reviews 100 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Reclipsen

For Birth Control "Been on reclipsen for about a week and a half. My face is breaking out so bad, and I usually have very good skin. I feel swollen all over especially my face and legs, and lately I have been having pounding head ages not to mention the horrible cramps ."

Anonymous April 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been using this BC for years and really like it. No pregnancy or side effects. I briefly tried a different generic and it gave me side effects, though Reclipsen doesn't. I agree with the comments that everyone's body is different -- even my sister uses a different brand than I do. Find what is right for you!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on reclipsen for about a month now. I started taking it to regulate my period and as a form of birth control. Seems to be doing the job, no pregnancy scares so far. I did notice severe mood swings before my period started, but not sure if that was due to things going on in life or the pill. Other than mood swings no negative side effects. Would recomend"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Just about to finish my first month of reclipsen. I had never taken birth control before and was a bit terrified to start this one. I noticed I was very emotional and cried a couple of times even at work which had never happened in the year and half that I've worked there. My breasts did swell a little which was nice since I'm an A cup. My period started 3 days into the inactive week. I've always had painful cramps and trouble sleeping while on my period but this one was by far the worst. The first night I started my cramps were extremely painful and I couldn't fall asleep after waking up in the middle of the night for the first two nights. Acne is the same it hasn't helped or made it worse. Overall this has been a decent 1st experience"

KC1992 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I had been off birth control for about a year when I decided I wanted to go back on it. My doctor recommended Reclipsen; she believe it would clear up the little bit of acne that I had on my cheeks and forehead. I took Reclipsen for 4 months in total and it was a nightmare. The first month my breasts were extremely tender. They were tender to the point that it was painful to sleep in various positions and I could hardly exercise due to the pain. By month 2 I started to feel like my whole body was swollen. My face also looked swollen, and my acne actually became much worse! I lost my sex drive and felt miserable. I stopped taking it because I felt like I was becoming a monster! Lutera was much better for me, so I'm back to that!"

SydH April 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I first started with the NuvaRing and ended up having to get my gallbladder removed. I have been on reclipsen for 3 years now and the only pros for me are that I do have much clearer skin and am not pregnant BUT I have awful migraines multiple times a month so bad that I now have a prescription from my neurologist also have basically NO sex drive which is driving my boyfriend insane. And I am insanely sensitive and cry almost everyday during the placebo week."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this birth control on the 1st day of my period exactly 2 weeks ago. I started to notice some extreme headaches within the first week that would not go away no matter what I did. I wasn't absolutely sure it was the pill that caused it, I thought maybe it was from oversleeping. However here I am two weeks later bleeding, and having unbearable cramps whereas before I would bleed for 5 days with minor cramps. I just stopped taking it 2 days ago so I'm hoping the side affects go away soon. I know birth control affects everyone differently I just couldn't deal with the headaches. Hoping the Nexaplanon side affects aren't too bad."

Lana Hart March 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking Reclipsen for just over a year. I prefer not to take pharmaceutical meds, but I don't want to have an unplanned pregnancy. The upsides to this method are that my cycle is regular, and shorter, with lighter flow and almost no cramps, all of which is contrary to what I experience when off the pill. First couple of months I had very sore but awesome gigantic breasts. Now they're back to my normal 33 year old boobs. I get chest acne mid pack, I am nauseous often, especially in the handful of hours following each dose. I have had trouble sleeping, cry often, but my father also passed away this past summer, so I can't identify the cause. Arousal is a little slow to start since on this med, as well as low abdominal pain."

ZofiEle (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2016

For Birth Control "Wonderful birth control..I have been on the same birth control for 3.5 years now. I cannot fully remember the beginning of taking the birth control. It took a month or so to get adjusted. But after that everything is great. No pregnancy's, no bloating, no emotional freak outs, no depression, no painful periods but on the negative side my acne has stayed the same so it doesn't help much on acne. Also my previous birth control of sprintec made my breasts humongous and now that I am on this birth control my boobs have shrank a ton and almost don't feel or look as full as they were before ever being on birth control. BUT...I am an athlete and this birth control works really well...looking for a new birth control maybe to help with some acne."

butterflymist (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 42 and have never been on bc for very long. Last attempt I was on Nuevo Ring and wound up with a huge clot in my leg after a couple of weeks. First few weeks was a bit rocky on this one. Felt bloated a little moody etc but I am midway through 2nd month and my body has stabilized. I may have had PCOS, definitely had a hormonal imbalance (elevated dhea-s) and am relieved to no longer have super oily/thinning hair, dark hairs popping up on my chin, super heavy periods. I was able to get my cycles down to 33 days and more normalized prior to starting but it is great coming down to 28. Sex drive was good before but even better. I am a person who does not like pills and is afraid of side effects but so far the side effects are minimal"

CrystalWinter January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking reclipsen for almost a year now and I have barely any cramps except the day before my period starts and the first day. I used to get severe cramps to the point where I was in the hospital so this definitely helped with that. I dont see a change in my mood, weight, or sex drive but I did start to breakout a little on my forehead and chin which I never use to before this pill. Currently in the process of trying to find a different type of birth control to get rid of the forehead acne"

Crys2113 January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Has been effective at preventing pregnancy. I've decided to stop taking it due to side effects. The first 2 months my breasts were extremely tender. I experienced some depression symptoms and mood problems in the first month, which I initially thought went away, but I think I just got used to them. Looking back, I've been WAY more emotional at times (cry at least 2-3 times a week now, used to cry 2-3 times a year) and also fairly flat (don't really get excited about anything anymore). My sex drive has been almost non-existent while on Reclipsen. I used to be keen like all the time and now even extensive foreplay can't really get me going, which makes it pretty pointless to even be on it. Periods are short and light, which I will miss."

Kay1223 January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I first started with Reclipsen a year ago for 2-3 months and experienced extreme mood swings. Very emotional and sensitive to everything/anything. I'm not an emotional person. I also did get frequent headaches. I decided to switch to a generic (similar to Reclipsen) which alleviated all side effects. I started taking Reclipsen again this month after my annual check up (my doctor refilled for name brand) I'm on week 2 and I'm having the same side effects. I had a major melt down which made me question what is really going on? I realized it must be the birth control. I'm going back to generic asap. I had no weight gain, cramping nor acne issues while taking Reclipsen only mood swings and headaches."

TexasGirl4530 December 28, 2015

For Birth Control "Good at preventing pregnancy and no wait gain but I cry over everything!!! I have never been a cry baby until I started this medication. Really not sure if it's worth taking anymore"

Anonymous December 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking the pill for about 5 months and I've noticed a few things. PROS: I haven't gotten pregnant!! My periods are 4 days on the dot and I don't have any acne or cramping. CONS: I've always cried easily but now I cry at least once a day if not more. I am irritable and can get extremely angry very easily and I used to be a very easy going person. My period doesn't start until my 3rd or 4th placebo pill. I get nauseated in cars if I am not the driver. I crave weird food that I never usually eat and I'm exhausted all the time."

Kenzie123 December 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over three years. It has regulated my period, making it faster and lighter. It help controls my acne. It's helped prevent pregnancy. CONS: I get severe migraines to the point where I take over the counter headache relief like candy and still doesn't help, sometimes end up vomiting from the severity of the pain. I was overweight (230) when I started it, and I gained more weight within the past three years (260). I exercise by walking on a treadmill for 45 min everyday and I eat pretty decently for a college kid. I have not been able to lose any weight, despite my efforts. I never experienced cramps before and I don't while on this BC either."

Drayke (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2015

For Birth Control "Since taking this, i have been extremely fatigued depressed,and no motivation. Stopping immediately"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Reclipsen for over 3 years now. Pros - still not pregnant, no weight gain. It also clears up any face/back acne so that my skin is flawless, except I do break out a little during the placebo week. Cons - it makes me more prone to feeling depressed/sad for no reason. The biggest con is that it definitely affected my sex drive though, my libido dropped so much that my bf encouraged me to get off Reclipsen, which I did. The difference was noticable. Problem is, I still don't feel comfortable with only using condoms, so after 3 months off it, I started again. This time I'm going to pay really close attention to side effects and compare it."

Ceruleanxs October 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill because I've been in a relationship for awhile and wanted to be safe once we decided to start having sex. I've now been on it for four months and my experience has been terrible. For the first three months I had severe stomach pain which led to a loss of appetite and a decrease of 15lbs. I mean it's great that I lost some weight but it wasn't healthy for my body to go through that. I also continue to experience fatigue. I have little motivation because I am exhausted from the slightest amount of activity. I also feel very sad constantly. I cry almost every day and my mood swings have caused strain on my relationship."

MissJean01 October 19, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control made me extremely depressed and suicidal. I also had mild cramps, tender breasts, and acne. No spotting so far, but I am going to finish this month and stop taking the pills. I probably will not try any form of hormones for birth control again after this experience."

Kate92 September 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I began taking Reclipsen during February of 2015. Developed cystic acne. I've always had a few spots here and there, but nothing like this. I even switched to all-organic skin products which helped a little. I developed insane headaches. I became extremely emotional and began crying at the drop of a hat, where in the past, I could count on 2 hands how many times I would cry per year. WORST OF ALL, I gained 20 lbs from Feb-Oct 2015. I exercise, have a plant-based diet, and I'm 22 so my metabolism hasn't quite slowed yet. No excuse for that and not flattering on a 5'4" frame. It prevented pregnancy (thus 2/10), but the side effects aren't worth enduring this pill. Switching to ParaGard in a week and a half. No more hormones for me."

mel2015 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Riclipsen for just about a year and since I've been on it I've experienced weight gain (9 pounds), mood swings, and very very emotional. This pill made me cry for every single little thing, and I mean cry like someone had died. I've always had mild acne and it did not help it what's so ever. I've always had heavy periods and it helped with them. Kept me from getting pregnant but that was about it."

Ceejaay September 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I've noticed a wide range of comments from no side effects to tons of side effects and I think everyone's body chemistry is just different and you have to fins what works for you. I haven't had any side effects so far and have been on Reclipsen for 2 months but I also have a lot of hormonal imbalances that I'm trying to correct due to having a brain tumor and surgery to remove it. My hair has been falling out and I've lost 25 lbs since my surgery (March 25th) so nothing I am experiencing can really be contributed to my birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on reclipsen birth control since April. Was switched from desogen. Since I've been on reclipsen I've been spotting in between periods, which in turn has ruined all of my underwear. But just yesterday, after ending my period a week and a half ago, I started my period again. Not just spotting. Heavy, painful period. I've been taking the pills everyday at the same time like I'm supposed to since my period ended. Only a week and a half and I have a second period in one month. I think not. Went to my doctor and switched to something different today."

Tae514 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 3 months now, I agree that it made my periods much lighter which is nice, only 1-2 days reg period and then light spotting. No weight gain as of yet. This birth control was recommended to me bc I had complained of acne and cramps to my doc, acne is coming in 1-2 weeks prior to my period, just little pimples here and there but more than I'd like. Cramps are minimal. I do feel down sometimes, and have mood swings here and there, more of a funk than depressive, taking B complex as a supplement helps. I've decided to give Nexplanon a try, but if it doesnt work out, I'd stick with this birth control."

vivakatie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2015