User Reviews for Reclipsen

Learn more about Reclipsen.

Birth Control 91 reviews 271 medications

6.3
Summary of Reclipsen reviews 91 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Reclipsen

For Birth Control "I am 42 and have never been on bc for very long. Last attempt I was on Nuevo Ring and wound up with a huge clot in my leg after a couple of weeks. First few weeks was a bit rocky on this one. Felt bloated a little moody etc but I am midway through 2nd month and my body has stabilized. I may have had PCOS, definitely had a hormonal imbalance (elevated dhea-s) and am relieved to no longer have super oily/thinning hair, dark hairs popping up on my chin, super heavy periods. I was able to get my cycles down to 33 days and more normalized prior to starting but it is great coming down to 28. Sex drive was good before but even better. I am a person who does not like pills and is afraid of side effects but so far the side effects are minimal"

CrystalWinter January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking reclipsen for almost a year now and I have barely any cramps except the day before my period starts and the first day. I used to get severe cramps to the point where I was in the hospital so this definitely helped with that. I dont see a change in my mood, weight, or sex drive but I did start to breakout a little on my forehead and chin which I never use to before this pill. Currently in the process of trying to find a different type of birth control to get rid of the forehead acne"

Crys2113 January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Has been effective at preventing pregnancy. I've decided to stop taking it due to side effects. The first 2 months my breasts were extremely tender. I experienced some depression symptoms and mood problems in the first month, which I initially thought went away, but I think I just got used to them. Looking back, I've been WAY more emotional at times (cry at least 2-3 times a week now, used to cry 2-3 times a year) and also fairly flat (don't really get excited about anything anymore). My sex drive has been almost non-existent while on Reclipsen. I used to be keen like all the time and now even extensive foreplay can't really get me going, which makes it pretty pointless to even be on it. Periods are short and light, which I will miss."

Kay1223 January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I first started with Reclipsen a year ago for 2-3 months and experienced extreme mood swings. Very emotional and sensitive to everything/anything. I'm not an emotional person. I also did get frequent headaches. I decided to switch to a generic (similar to Reclipsen) which alleviated all side effects. I started taking Reclipsen again this month after my annual check up (my doctor refilled for name brand) I'm on week 2 and I'm having the same side effects. I had a major melt down which made me question what is really going on? I realized it must be the birth control. I'm going back to generic asap. I had no weight gain, cramping nor acne issues while taking Reclipsen only mood swings and headaches."

TexasGirl4530 December 28, 2015

For Birth Control "Good at preventing pregnancy and no wait gain but I cry over everything!!! I have never been a cry baby until I started this medication. Really not sure if it's worth taking anymore"

Anonymous December 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking the pill for about 5 months and I've noticed a few things. PROS: I haven't gotten pregnant!! My periods are 4 days on the dot and I don't have any acne or cramping. CONS: I've always cried easily but now I cry at least once a day if not more. I am irritable and can get extremely angry very easily and I used to be a very easy going person. My period doesn't start until my 3rd or 4th placebo pill. I get nauseated in cars if I am not the driver. I crave weird food that I never usually eat and I'm exhausted all the time."

Kenzie123 December 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over three years. It has regulated my period, making it faster and lighter. It help controls my acne. It's helped prevent pregnancy. CONS: I get severe migraines to the point where I take over the counter headache relief like candy and still doesn't help, sometimes end up vomiting from the severity of the pain. I was overweight (230) when I started it, and I gained more weight within the past three years (260). I exercise by walking on a treadmill for 45 min everyday and I eat pretty decently for a college kid. I have not been able to lose any weight, despite my efforts. I never experienced cramps before and I don't while on this BC either."

Drayke (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2015

For Birth Control "Since taking this, i have been extremely fatigued depressed,and no motivation. Stopping immediately"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Reclipsen for over 3 years now. Pros - still not pregnant, no weight gain. It also clears up any face/back acne so that my skin is flawless, except I do break out a little during the placebo week. Cons - it makes me more prone to feeling depressed/sad for no reason. The biggest con is that it definitely affected my sex drive though, my libido dropped so much that my bf encouraged me to get off Reclipsen, which I did. The difference was noticable. Problem is, I still don't feel comfortable with only using condoms, so after 3 months off it, I started again. This time I'm going to pay really close attention to side effects and compare it."

Ceruleanxs October 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill because I've been in a relationship for awhile and wanted to be safe once we decided to start having sex. I've now been on it for four months and my experience has been terrible. For the first three months I had severe stomach pain which led to a loss of appetite and a decrease of 15lbs. I mean it's great that I lost some weight but it wasn't healthy for my body to go through that. I also continue to experience fatigue. I have little motivation because I am exhausted from the slightest amount of activity. I also feel very sad constantly. I cry almost every day and my mood swings have caused strain on my relationship."

MissJean01 October 19, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control made me extremely depressed and suicidal. I also had mild cramps, tender breasts, and acne. No spotting so far, but I am going to finish this month and stop taking the pills. I probably will not try any form of hormones for birth control again after this experience."

Kate92 September 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I began taking Reclipsen during February of 2015. Developed cystic acne. I've always had a few spots here and there, but nothing like this. I even switched to all-organic skin products which helped a little. I developed insane headaches. I became extremely emotional and began crying at the drop of a hat, where in the past, I could count on 2 hands how many times I would cry per year. WORST OF ALL, I gained 20 lbs from Feb-Oct 2015. I exercise, have a plant-based diet, and I'm 22 so my metabolism hasn't quite slowed yet. No excuse for that and not flattering on a 5'4" frame. It prevented pregnancy (thus 2/10), but the side effects aren't worth enduring this pill. Switching to ParaGard in a week and a half. No more hormones for me."

mel2015 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Riclipsen for just about a year and since I've been on it I've experienced weight gain (9 pounds), mood swings, and very very emotional. This pill made me cry for every single little thing, and I mean cry like someone had died. I've always had mild acne and it did not help it what's so ever. I've always had heavy periods and it helped with them. Kept me from getting pregnant but that was about it."

Ceejaay September 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I've noticed a wide range of comments from no side effects to tons of side effects and I think everyone's body chemistry is just different and you have to fins what works for you. I haven't had any side effects so far and have been on Reclipsen for 2 months but I also have a lot of hormonal imbalances that I'm trying to correct due to having a brain tumor and surgery to remove it. My hair has been falling out and I've lost 25 lbs since my surgery (March 25th) so nothing I am experiencing can really be contributed to my birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on reclipsen birth control since April. Was switched from desogen. Since I've been on reclipsen I've been spotting in between periods, which in turn has ruined all of my underwear. But just yesterday, after ending my period a week and a half ago, I started my period again. Not just spotting. Heavy, painful period. I've been taking the pills everyday at the same time like I'm supposed to since my period ended. Only a week and a half and I have a second period in one month. I think not. Went to my doctor and switched to something different today."

Tae514 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 3 months now, I agree that it made my periods much lighter which is nice, only 1-2 days reg period and then light spotting. No weight gain as of yet. This birth control was recommended to me bc I had complained of acne and cramps to my doc, acne is coming in 1-2 weeks prior to my period, just little pimples here and there but more than I'd like. Cramps are minimal. I do feel down sometimes, and have mood swings here and there, more of a funk than depressive, taking B complex as a supplement helps. I've decided to give Nexplanon a try, but if it doesnt work out, I'd stick with this birth control."

vivakatie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on reclipsen for years. For me, I DID make my periods lighter, and helped with severe cramps, and cleared my acne, boobs bigger. On the downside, I put on about 10 lbs, that I COULD NOT get rid of. I felt bloated all the time. I quit gluten, I quite carbs, my sisters thought I had an eating disorder. I had chronic yeast infections too. I finally went off it, and the weight FELL off. At first I attributed it to the fact I was walking more. But then I went back on 3 packs ago, and back up 8lbs. I'm still still as active (per fitbit). It's back to constantly feeling fat and bloated. None of my clothes fit, my sleep is always interrupted. I'm hot/cold/hot cold."

Anonymous August 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched to Reclipsen from Zovia after 7 years because I was getting outrageous hormonal acne. I was on it for almost 2 months, and my skin cleared right up. I wasn't getting pimples before my period, and I actually liked my skin again, it was amazing! However, I was CONSTANTLY bloated. I had a huge belly and it had nothing to do with the amount I ate, drank, or worked out. I stopped taking Reclipsen because I couldn't handle the bloated belly; Clear skin just wasn't worth it. I'm still looking for that perfect BC pill. Let the search continue...."

Jrozs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Reclipsen for about three years now with a brief time on Amethia. I LOVE Reclipsen. I started taking it when I was 15. I have never experienced any negative side effects. The only things I have experienced are my breasts getting a little larger, a MUCH lighter and shorter period, and improved acne. I will stick to this birth control probably until I decide to have kids and after. Highly recommend this for young girls."

JayceeAmara (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on reclipsen for about 5 months now for terrible cramps. Doesn't make the cramps go away completely but for the most part. Gained a few pounds & I've noticed some mood swings & hasn't really done anything for my acne. But overall good for me & id recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2015

For Birth Control "Pros: I never became pregnant, I had less frequent and severe cramps and it may have helped with acne although I started a new regimen around the same time. Cons: within the first month of starting I had a yeast infection and over the next 2 years I would have some kind of vaginal or bladder infection every other month. My libido decreased dramatically and in addition to that I was constantly dry down there. I experienced some dizziness and nausea which is to be expected. Lastly, I became a huge cry baby when I used to be able to count how many times I cried in a year on one hand."

Chocolatebenya (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've read a lot of the reviews, and I do relate to the shortened 4 days of real bleeding. The remaining 3 days is light spotting, if that. I used to bleed really heavily for almost 7 days and immediately after I started the first placebo. I chose reclipsen b/c my last bc was causing melasma (pigment patches on my face). I don't see that as much with reclipsen, b/c it's a low dose pill. Other than that, my period on bc have always been less painful. I don't know if I can contribute weight gain or migraines to this pill....too many other factors. I think it does what it needs to with no side effects that I know of, and that's all I need from a bc. So I definitely recommend it."

lilorchid82 July 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I decided to take this pill because the last birth control I was on made me bleed 7 days a week every week so i switched to this one and let me tell you one of the worst experiences I've encountered!! As soon as i took my pill the next morning i was throwing up everything that i had ate... The next day i took the pill i was fine all day until morning comes around and AGAIN more throw up... I could handle throwing up but this would hurt my stomach so bad to the point where i was crying... Anyways i have an apt with my doctor this July 8th and I'm switching to something else i know this isn't going to happen to everyone but just in case you were wondering"

armando marie June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Reduced my libido to absolutely nothing, daily migraines, cystic acne, cramps became worse, I had no emotions, hair loss/lifeless hair, and I gained 8 pounds within one month of starting this birth control. I just stopped taking this medication and hopefully my body will be able to get back to normal. I have taken other birth control medications in the past and none of them affected me like this one so just beware of reclipsen."

24 year old (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Overall I feel that this birth control does a great job. I've been taking it for 3 years to regulate my period and prevent pregnancy with out any problems. I've never experienced any of the sides effects, or at most they were on such a small scale that I didn't notice them. The only thing I dislike is that I don't usually start my period until 3-4 sugar pills in. I don't know how common this is with other women, but that has been the case for me since I began taking it."

Brooke182 May 21, 2015