User Reviews for Reclipsen

Learn more about Reclipsen.

Birth Control 74 reviews 254 medications

6.6
Summary of Reclipsen reviews 74 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Reclipsen

For Birth Control "I switched to Reclipsen from Zovia after 7 years because I was getting outrageous hormonal acne. I was on it for almost 2 months, and my skin cleared right up. I wasn't getting pimples before my period, and I actually liked my skin again, it was amazing! However, I was CONSTANTLY bloated. I had a huge belly and it had nothing to do with the amount I ate, drank, or worked out. I stopped taking Reclipsen because I couldn't handle the bloated belly; Clear skin just wasn't worth it. I'm still looking for that perfect BC pill. Let the search continue...."

Jrozs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Reclipsen for about three years now with a brief time on Amethia. I LOVE Reclipsen. I started taking it when I was 15. I have never experienced any negative side effects. The only things I have experienced are my breasts getting a little larger, a MUCH lighter and shorter period, and improved acne. I will stick to this birth control probably until I decide to have kids and after. Highly recommend this for young girls."

JayceeAmara (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on reclipsen for about 5 months now for terrible cramps. Doesn't make the cramps go away completely but for the most part. Gained a few pounds & I've noticed some mood swings & hasn't really done anything for my acne. But overall good for me & id recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2015

For Birth Control "Pros: I never became pregnant, I had less frequent and severe cramps and it may have helped with acne although I started a new regimen around the same time. Cons: within the first month of starting I had a yeast infection and over the next 2 years I would have some kind of vaginal or bladder infection every other month. My libido decreased dramatically and in addition to that I was constantly dry down there. I experienced some dizziness and nausea which is to be expected. Lastly, I became a huge cry baby when I used to be able to count how many times I cried in a year on one hand."

Chocolatebenya (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've read a lot of the reviews, and I do relate to the shortened 4 days of real bleeding. The remaining 3 days is light spotting, if that. I used to bleed really heavily for almost 7 days and immediately after I started the first placebo. I chose reclipsen b/c my last bc was causing melasma (pigment patches on my face). I don't see that as much with reclipsen, b/c it's a low dose pill. Other than that, my period on bc have always been less painful. I don't know if I can contribute weight gain or migraines to this pill....too many other factors. I think it does what it needs to with no side effects that I know of, and that's all I need from a bc. So I definitely recommend it."

lilorchid82 July 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I decided to take this pill because the last birth control I was on made me bleed 7 days a week every week so i switched to this one and let me tell you one of the worst experiences I've encountered!! As soon as i took my pill the next morning i was throwing up everything that i had ate... The next day i took the pill i was fine all day until morning comes around and AGAIN more throw up... I could handle throwing up but this would hurt my stomach so bad to the point where i was crying... Anyways i have an apt with my doctor this July 8th and I'm switching to something else i know this isn't going to happen to everyone but just in case you were wondering"

armando marie June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Reduced my libido to absolutely nothing, daily migraines, cystic acne, cramps became worse, I had no emotions, hair loss/lifeless hair, and I gained 8 pounds within one month of starting this birth control. I just stopped taking this medication and hopefully my body will be able to get back to normal. I have taken other birth control medications in the past and none of them affected me like this one so just beware of reclipsen."

24 year old (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Overall I feel that this birth control does a great job. I've been taking it for 3 years to regulate my period and prevent pregnancy with out any problems. I've never experienced any of the sides effects, or at most they were on such a small scale that I didn't notice them. The only thing I dislike is that I don't usually start my period until 3-4 sugar pills in. I don't know how common this is with other women, but that has been the case for me since I began taking it."

Brooke182 May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched to this to try to eliminate/reducing spotting from my previous birth control brand. Instead, I have had bleeding every single day. Not to mention the horrible bloating and uncontrollable appetite. Not worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

For Birth Control "The birth control is definitely doing its job at making sure I don't get pregnant, so that's why I gave it some stars. However, I have been experiencing BAD hair loss and lifeless hair which I have narrowed down to this pill, and have noticed other women mention the same thing. I also get motion sickness in vehicles if I am not driving. I have gained 10 pounds since getting on this medication and my diet and expercise regiment has not changed. My skin was clear to begin with, and I did not end up getting acne from Reclipsen, except for a few pimples right before my period. My periods are average. My PMS seems worse than it used to be. I will be making an appointment to switch my birth control. I hope this helps someone."

Poncha (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I had terrible side effects. I became extremely irritable and moody, very short tempered. I also lost a ton of energy and was always exhausted. "

:( :( :( April 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I used this birth control for almost a year, but i decided to stop using it because it was causing me to have really bad mood swings, made me feel like a zombie (emotionless). From the first day I started using this birth control to the last I spotted every single day. The only good thing that came from it i was able to eat again, gained 20 pounds in about 3 months, it cleared my acne and I grew 1 bra size. It also made my feet grow to. This birth control caused me to become hypoglycemic, and gave me an inverted nipple that I have to forever live with. This birth control does it's job and prevents pregnancy but the side effects are not worth it. I recommend trying other birth controls before this one."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've taken this birth control for 6-7 months now, and have been happy with my experience. At first, it definitely affected my mood and made me noticeably more irritable than before. However, I stuck with it and my mood has improved. It cleared my skin, and my acne is more controlled that it has been in years. It eliminated almost all cramps that come with my period, and my period is much shorter than before. It has also been effective in preventing pregnancy. All around, I've been happy with Reclipsen. If anything, my only complaint would be a slight rise in moodiness that has been manageable with time."

Lindsey_T (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 23, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill is great. I started taking it for terrible back pains during periods and it helped a lot. I didn't gain weight and it cleared up my acne from the birth control I was taking before. My fav part is that it made my periods only last about 4 days!"

Shelden March 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Reclipsen about a week ago. I have had migraines, mood swings, and I have broken out in hives and gotten rashes several times as well. I will keep being on it for a little while but I will be calling my doctor because the hives are not normal."

College student (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I took reclipsen for 2.5 years. It was wonderful! Only now that I haven't been taking it have I had acne and weight gain. I just refilled my prescription for it! I do a 9 week cycle. 9 weeks of active pills then a period week and repeat. Wonder wonderful. Also, it did not decrease my sex drive in any way. Maybe it even boosted it? Works amazingly. No pregnancies and much better periods. Mine were 13-16 days long and so heavy that in the first few days I would often fall back down after standing. With it they were about a week long and manageable."

Rebecca44444 February 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Severe weight gain - 20lbs, worse acne, headaches daily, mood swings, anxiety and starving all of the time! I had previously been on Trisprintec and will be switching back to it."

JD1220 February 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I've used Reclipsen since I was 16 and have never had any problems. Most importantly, I've never gotten pregnant. It helped with my acne as a teenager, and I've never experienced mood swings. Periods are light and very regular. I gained a little weight in high school and college, but this is probably due to many other factors (quitting sports, not exercising, eating poorly, etc.) as opposed to the birth control. Both of my sisters have also switched to Reclipsen after experiencing mood swings/other problems with other birth controls and have seen good results. Highly recommend."

Norah123 February 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched to Reclipsen three weeks ago from Ortho-Tri-Cyclen, and my skin has cleared up considerably. I haven't experienced any of the painful cystic acne that I was getting on Ortho Tri-cyclen. I haven't experienced any negative side effects from it either. Fingers crossed that it stays that way!"

Erin1111 November 15, 2014

For Birth Control "Reclipsen has worked perfectly for me. It has not made me gain weight, hasn't made me moody, and it controls my period. I haven't gotten pregnant while using it and I've never worried that I have been pregnant. I would recommend this to anybody that wants to go on the pill."

LC7926 October 8, 2014

For Birth Control "My overall experience with Reclipsen has been mostly positive... Weight loss, lighter periods, less severe cramps, no acne (although that was never an issue). My only cons would be the rise and fall in my moods. Other than that, I cant complain about the product. Will continue to use it for as long as I need to!"

Shaym October 3, 2014

For Birth Control "First I wanna start by saying weight gain depends on you. Of course not everybody is the same and you can expect birth control to help you lose weight. Secondly this birth control is great, had to switch to it after the one I was taken got recalled (Yaz). So far this has made me happy. Like I said everyone is different, I've had no bloating, cramping, or weight gain. I have been a little emotional but it's something I can deal with."

Megancarlene (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 28, 2014

For Birth Control "I was on Reclipsen for a year. I was not happy with my experience. I always had a short fuse and my acne got worse. The only good things were that I had no weight gain and my periods were much lighter and one day shorter than without birth control pills. My obgyn tried me on Zarah and I had an even worse experience, so she switched me back to Safyral."

Linzee83 September 23, 2014

For Birth Control "I've used this birth control for 8 years. I was a late bloomer, and didn't have my first period until well into age 16, I'm told because I'm small and athletically inclined. I never had cramps or mood swings - but my periods were extremely irregular and would arrive unexpectedly to ruin my favorite pairs of underwear. My doctor selected this initially due to cost, as I was not sexually active and just wanted regulation. Now at age 24, I'm happy to report it's effectiveness at preventing pregnancy, as well as a complete lack of any side effects. No acne, no weight gain, no mood swings, no spotting, no cup size enhancements (unfortunately) and a nice 4-5 day window that I know exactly when and how much I'm going to bleed."

zichik September 21, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about a week now and I've noticed some changes. I've been spotting daily which is annoying to say the least. I also had a headache for the first couple of days. Something else that hasn't been pleasant is the feeling of bloatedness. All of these symptoms come and go, and they're not unbearable when they are present. One thing that is confusing however, is I was told that my libido would be decreased with this pill and its been the complete opposite. And so far I have not noticed any weight gain."

kchaps (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2014