User Reviews for Ortho-Cept

Learn more about Ortho-Cept.

Birth Control 12 reviews 251 medications

6.5
Summary of Ortho-Cept reviews 12 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Ortho-Cept

For Birth Control "I completely lost my sex drive. It's like eating broccoli, you just don't want it."

Daria W (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2014

For Birth Control "Had not been on birth control for many years and decided that I should go back on as my husband and I were not planning to have kids. I had previously been on Loestrin years before for painful periods and heavy bleeding, but after taking that for a few years those side effects diminished and I stopped taking birth control. With Ortho-Cept my periods immediately started getting extremely painful again, maybe even worse than in the past. Also, I developed symptoms of Acid Reflux which I have never had before (it is a gross feeling). Have always had decent sized breasts but with Ortho-Cept I gained probably about 15 pounds and became a triple D. Also was nauseous all the time. Anxious to switch back to LoEstrin!!"

NavyGirl3 September 8, 2014

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control pill I went on. I broke out at first, but it went away after about 2 months. Breasts went from an A to a C (only good side effect) but it made me gain weight and also made me really emotional and angry all the time. I had to switch because of that. Now I'm on Lutera."

Ortho-cept (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I was on Orthocept for about 4 months and for the first 2 and 1/2-3 months it was great! It regulated my periods, and they only lasted 2-3 days which was awesome! I did have worse cramps then I did when I wasn't on the pill but they tended to last only about 2 days. I had to quit Orthocept when I was just about finished my 4th pack because I found that it was like I was PMSing for 3 weeks at a time and my period wouldn't stop. When I first started the pill it was phenomenal and never once did I feel like I would get pregnant even without using a condom (I always took my pill within 5 minutes of the same time everyday). I highly recommend this, I know everyone's experience will be very individual but I loved it for the first while."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2014

"I take birth control pills because I have very painful periods. I've been taking them for 5 years, and I have tried many different brands. I just switched from Belara to Ortho Cept because they don't sell Belara in the country I am in. The good: Belara gave me really bad nausea for the first week of the month. I have had no nausea with Ortho Cept so far. No acne, weight gain, or loss of libido. The Bad: I had never experienced migraines with any other contraceptive before. This is my second month on Ortho Cept and I get migraines every day for the first 5 or 6 days of the month. The Ugly: Belara made me cranky before my period. Sad/angry. On Ortho Cept it happens twice every month: at the beginning and at the end."

Lalalalala September 28, 2013

For Birth Control "Worked wonders for me, acne diminished into oblivion, no weight gain (of which I was terrified), no change in libido to my knowledge, increase in breast size (to my utter delight), no mood swings, and I'm not pregnant. Which is great. "

Anonymous September 9, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on OrthoCept for almost 4 months now and I haven't had any problems. The only side effects are tender breasts, changes in weight but not bad only when I get lazy and occasional dizziness. I think it's pretty good"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2013

For Birth Control "I have always used the pill and so far this birth control has not affected my mood, appetite or libido negatively. My breasts have gotten larger which is okay with me. I have been on it a month and plan on sticking to it. Very pleased so far, I had tried several other pills like Tri-Cyclen Lo and the regular Tri-Cyclen and feel Ortho-Cept is much better."

K.A May 25, 2013

For Birth Control "Very effective birth control as it almost eliminated my libido! Avoiding sex works great! Terrible nausea and gastrointestinal issues were only compounded by decreased appetite and a general grumpiness toward the world."

Also Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on Ortho-Cept for a month, and I have not had any side effects other than occasional breast tenderness. It's reduced my acne, which is a plus and if it's had any effect on my mood, it's positive. I'd definitely recommend it."

Anonymous April 9, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been experiencing headaches and before using Orthocept I rarely got headaches, I've also experienced dark spotting for two weeks leading up to my period. I'm very moody now and am very easily frustrated. I get tired as early as 8 at night now (before the pill I could stay up until 2 a.m. If I even went to sleep) and am no longer a morning person. I'm hungry more and am gaining weight but luckily in the right places. My breasts are noticeably growing. My libido has also increased and I'm not pregnant so it's working ok."

Anonymous March 18, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on OrthoCept for only a week and I have noticed horrible symptoms. I knew that nausea would be common, but I didn't realize that I would not be able to sleep. I also became moodier than I have ever been in my life. I decided to take the pill to help with my mood and my acne. This was the pill for me. My acne has become more horrible than I have ever experienced in my life. I have acne all over my back and chest now, a place where I had never had acne before. I would become very numb also and my headaches seem to have turned into migraines! My breasts are very tender also. I know that it has only been one week, but I cannot risk being even more moody than before. "

Anonymous February 28, 2011

For Birth Control "Orthocept is the only birth control I've tried, and so far it has been okay. I haven't noticed any loss of sex drive, mood swings and the only spotting I had was from missing two days. The worst thing that happened to me was my breasts grew at least two cup sizes, and are constantly sore and tender. I have been on Orthocept for five months now."

Anonymous May 3, 2010