User Reviews for Kariva

Birth Control 47 reviews 255 medications

6.1
Summary of Kariva reviews 47 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Kariva

For Birth Control "I have been on Kariva for 3 months and liked it pretty well. It definitely does its job with preventing pregnancy and also made my periods super light and short (4 days) which was nice. But I gained about 10 pounds on it which was awful! It did make my breasts fuller but the weight gain is terrible. No change in sex drive but it did cause some serious dryness for me in that I just wouldn't get wet down there which was frustrating for me and my bf! But overall not a bad price for a pill that does its job."

Bobbi_5239 August 6, 2015

For Birth Control "Took brand Mircette for 2 months. Great for skin & body adjusted quickly to brand only. Had no immediate side effects but the manufacturer never made enough. Was forced to generic. Estrogen placebos did nothing to help menstrual migraine/estrogen withdrawls dibiltating headaches. It was actually worse on this pill. Many trips to ER. On brand I didn't have the daily headaches. Sex was ridiculously painful on both & 3rd month on brand was unbearably dry in my vagina. Took kariva & had the most dibiltating migraine/daily headaches ever. All dr's denied the correlation. Had break though bleeding/spotting tampon amounts for 3 months & then anemic. Demanded to be removed off this! Get rid of your gyno if she doesn't believe you."

MissAces (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I LOVE THIS PILL!!! I was having a continuous period for 3 weeks from taking Loestrin after deciding I would start birth control because of my irregular periods. Went back to my GYN told her that Loestrin wasn't working for me and that I was still bleeding. She then prescribed me Kariva cuz she said I needed a higher dose of estrogen. Kariva stopped my heavy period in 1 day. I will say that u will definitely notice a change within yourself when taking this pill, not in a bad way but u will feel the changes your body is making & a change in mood while your body starts to adjust. That was my only side effect."

Brit678910 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "It's kept me to where I cannot have kids which is a good thing. Sex drive is still as usual. The weird part is I don't get periods anymore. Which has caused me to fear I was pregnant, but otherwise it's fine. I have symptoms of menapause, but I am an 18 year old girl so I can't have it just yet my guess is the side effects?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I felt inclined to write a review after reading all the bad ones on here. I have been taking this birth control for almost 4 years now. Firstly, my skin feels and looks amazing and has never been better. My sex drive has not been negatively affected by taking this medication. I highly recommend this birth control for girls looking to increase their breast size (even though I am sure you are perfect the way you are!) I went from a C cup to a full DD. I didn't have any nauseous symptoms with this pill even taking it in the morning on an empty stomach. My period is not heavy either. Don't be afraid to try this medication, it could work for just like it did for me."

=) (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2015

For Birth Control "Beware this drug! I experienced the most horrendous mood swings and extreme anxiety while on this drug. The side effects took a while to develop but once they did it was truly unbearable. I had no idea why my personality was changing so drastically. It was truly terrifying. I wasn't making the connection between this drug and my highly elevated emotions. I told my Dr. on a whim about my terrible anxiety/mood swings and he immediately took me off of kariva. Within a week I was feeling back to my normal self. It has now been 4 months off of Kariva and I have not had one mood swing or case of anxiety. I would never recommend this drug to anyone. As far as I'm concerned, it should be taken off the market permanently."

Beware This Drug!! June 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Karvia for about 3 months now and noticed that my breast HURT and are so tender. My periods last 4 days now instead of 3. I get mood swings too."

My breat are tender (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 6 months. At first I had rapid weight loss. But in the past few months I've retained several pounds of water weight. No issues with mood changes, or loss of sex drive. My period comes every Thursday of the week of the blue pills. It lasts till usually Saturday night. I've yet to get pregnant so besides these small side effects I would deffintly recommend this birth control. My skin has never been better, it's no longer oily, and I only break out the week of my period."

eieieijdje3883299 March 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Kariva May 2013 when I was 18. It was the first time I was a taking a birth control pill and I was with my boyfriend for 3 months at the time so it seemed like a smart decision. I mainly went on it to control my periods and clear up my acne which I was fed up with after years. Now I have realized that over the past year, it has made me completely emotionless and I have absolutely zero sex drive. On the bright side, my periods have been light and short (still painful cramping) and my skin has never looked better. I am going to stop taking it and try out a different pill that hopefully doesn't diminish my emotions."

Ruining my relationship August 6, 2014

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Periods now occur on-time, every month (sometimes I don't have one, but generally I do), whereas before I never knew when it was coming and went as long as six months without one only to have the bathroom looking like a horror film for weeks on end when it finally came. My facial hair hasn't gone away, although I have noticed the stuff that grows back isn't as bristly."

Feral Dog February 25, 2014

For Birth Control "Been on Kariva for 2 months and it has its good and bads.. BAD: I have never experienced such bad mood swings in my life. I have little patience, i get extremely mad and aggivated very easily, i can be happy one minute, then CRAZY another minute. So be aware of the horrible mood swings. Didnt do anything for my 7day period. I break out a week before my period. GOOD: it does prevent you from getting pregnant even on the first month."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2014

For Birth Control "I was on Kariva for about 6 months and gained about 15 pounds. It regulated my period just fine but I had to go up like 2 pants sizes and had to buy all new bras. I used to be a size 0-3 (depending on brand, usually around a 2 though) but went up to a 5-7 on Kariva. Once I switched to Apri, my breasts stayed about the same size but I lost all of that bloated water-weight that I had on Kariva. On Kariva, I was sooooo bloated every single day and it was miserable. I was all squishy and plump and considering I gained all of my weight on my stomach, wearing anything other than sweatpants felt horrible. DO NOT RECOMMEND."

A.B. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on Kariva for about five months. It is my first experience with the birth control pill as I am getting married on September and wanted to be regulated by the wedding. The first couple of months, I experienced mood swings, headaches and weird appetite. However, my side effects have leveled out. I no longer have any side effects. In fact, it has cleared my acne up some. My periods have never been bad but they are now only about 1-2 days long. I would say my cramps may be a little worse, but since the period is shorter it evens out. I have not gained weight from this pill. In fact, along with diet and exercise, I have been able to lose weight while taking this pill. I would recommend Kariva."

SarahB1337 August 23, 2013

For Birth Control "I wanted to share my experience with Kariva because I've been on it so long, 11 years. Pros include no weight gain, minimal mood swings, minimal bloating and shorter periods. Also some contraceptives can cause complications with getting pregnant when you actually Want to but this pill was effective when I used it and caused no issues when my husband and I decided to have a baby and stop using the pill. Took me two weeks to get pregnant. The only bad thing was awful debilitating migraines I dealt with for years that only stopped once I got off this pill. But it got me this far and I liked it better then a lot of other options."

Anonymous12341234 August 11, 2013

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I was on Kariva for about three years. I took it because I am prone to migraines. The pill was great for regulating and lessening my menstruation cycle, however it did nothing to alleviate my migraines. I recently have switched to an IUD which has done the same but no migraines."

Remelock April 17, 2013

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Kariva after another birth control became too expensive. I was afraid to try it out since there were so many negative reviews, but I am happy to say that this is a magical little pill (So far). I have not experienced any weight gain, moodiness, or low libido. My acne cleared up (I'm 27 and have always battled with acne) for the most part. The only drawback is some mild discharge, but nothing to worry about. I LOVE this pill! "

MECFlower (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2013

For Birth Control "I have tried 5 different birth control pills and Kariva has been a lifesaver. I had cysts in my ovary and Kariva shrunk it and now it is gone! I have been on Kariva for 12 months and my skin is porcelain-like, no pimples, lost a few pounds (I've been going to the gym, so it might not even be the birth control), and my mood stayed consistent. I'm switching to either the patch or the ring this month though because my sex drive has been awful for the past 4-5 months, and it's driving me (and my boyfriend) crazy! Zero sex drive and dryness are my only complaints."

Clw1394 March 5, 2013

"Love this. Cleared my skin up, made my period so light and my cramps disappear. I was a bit moody for the first month, but that went away."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for about 5 to 6 months. And it works great for birth control. Even if you miss a pill or too by a little bit, you're still protected and it doesn't effect your period. But ever since I got on the pill, I'm not myself. I'm constantly depressed, and get bad mood swings. And my I have literally no sex-drive what so ever."

Anonymous October 21, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Kariva for three months now. It has been the first birth control I have tried and it seems to work in the area of birth control as I have not become pregnant. However, I have had my period for eight days every two weeks and finally figured out that my depression systems may have been caused by it; I've been terribly moody, depressed, and cry way more often than normal once I started taking Kariva. Sleep disruptions, loss of appetite, and lower sex drive have also been symptoms I've experienced."

Anonymous September 5, 2012

For Birth Control "I started taking Kariva when Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo became too expensive for me. I have been on Kariva for the past 4 years. Positives: predictable 5 day periods, no acne, less moodswings. Negatives: weight gain (20 pounds), NO libido whatsoever. I was able to deal with the side effects for 4 years(my poor boyfriend), and now I've had enough. I've stopped taking it, immediately lost 5 pounds, have a great libido again, and find it easy to track my period with P-Tracker app. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2012

For Birth Control "I was on Kariva for 3months and then I decided to stop taking it all together. I'd experience dizziness to the point where I'd have to sit down and also had an increase in constant headaches. The day that I decided to stop taking it, I had an extreme mood swing/panic attack. Some days while taking the pill I didn't feel like myself emotionally. I originally got on the pill to help reduce my cramps because they were so painful. The pain of my cramps did lessen, but occasionally it was still as intense as it was before I was on the pill. I bled/spotted on the third week and had my actual period the fourth. So I ended up bleeding well over a week which is more than my normal. I did not gain any weight, but my appetite increased."

Anonymous May 30, 2012

For Birth Control "Love this pill. All birth control pills cause side effects but this one is the best for me. A nice plus was fuller breasts."

taneesa April 12, 2012

"Literally the only good thing Kariva did was prevent pregnancy and clear up my acne. I'm 18 and it's the first birth control I've ever tried. Within the second week of taking it I had a lower sex drive, I gained weight and I couldn't get wet no matter WHAT I did. Also, my periods were never bad to begin with, but on this pill they were SO heavy for 7 days. I had extreme cramping, was always tired, and had shooting pain through my anus every time I would sit down on the toilet. I've been off this for 3 weeks now and everything is completely back to normal."

Anonymous March 20, 2012

For Birth Control "I went on Kariva because I was told that it helped with acne along with being an effective birth control method. I've tried several other birth controls (including Nuvaring, Tri-Sprintec, etc.) and had VERY intense side effects from them. I finally happened upon this miracle that evened out my mood swings, gave me a shorter lighter period and gave me clearer skin than I've had in 10 years. I have ZERO complaints about this medicine."

cait February 25, 2012