User Reviews for Declomycin

Learn more about Declomycin.

SIADH 2 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Declomycin reviews 2 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Declomycin

Review by Dr Subarna Goswami:

For SIADH: My father had a head injury 3 weeks back, had mild sub-arachnoid hemorrhage, no surgical intervention was required, was being treated conservatively. But he developed persistent hyponatremia, his serum sodium level gradually went down to 104 mEq/L. After a battery of investigations, it was diagnosed as SIADH. Despite all efforts to correct his serum sodium level, it was seesawing between 104 and 108. Strident fluid restriction and aggressive hypertonic saline therapy even baffled. Then we started Tab Demeclocycline 300 mg thrice daily and it magically started causing its much desired adverse effect of producing more watery and less saline urine on its second day! Kudos to this wonderful gut-sterilizer! My father is getting improved.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2011 10:59 AM

Review by markclark12:

For SIADH: This medicine is expensive but it seems to be the only thing out there that can help with SIADH. I was diagnosed with advance Lung Cancer 2 weeks ago and have this problem It is HARD. The Hospital put me on 1500ml a day and I get blood drawn every other day. My numbers are still going down. It is very hard to have this and measure your fulids. We are talking about only 45oz a day. Oh well could use some help if anyone knows of another drug or anything to help? I was told to and try and eat a little more salt but the problem is it makes you thirsty. Tough place to be this in. Any words would be nice. Mark Clark

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate