User Reviews for Aczone

Learn more about Aczone.

Aczone Review Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 453 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Aczone to treat Acne

"I can't say I was happy with this medication I feel like it didn't help my acne what so ever. If anything it actually broke me out more than I usually do and it gave me black heads on my nose. Not cute! Everyone is different I feel like for my skin this was not a good fit. Onexton is drastically better for me."

Anonymous August 26, 2015

"I have tried so many acne medications, and this one was like every other one that didn't work. I believe that Aczone permanently damaged my skin. I have an olive skin tone and I would rarely get burned. After using this medication my whole body, not just my face, is now extremely sensitive to the sun. If I am outside for about 15 minutes without sunscreen I will burn. The best thing that I did for my acne was to get on birth control and get enough sleep."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2015

"BUY THIS MEDICINE! I have struggled with acne for as long as I can remember and I am about to turn 17. I have tried every acne treatment out there including Proactive, which I hate to death. It burned my skin horriably ans left it peeling dry. Acezone makes my skin feel 100times better the morning after I wake up. No burning, Drying, Itching, and will clear you're face fast. I also have Rosashe so I used another cream on top of the Acezone that worked perfectly together."

nigjjm August 10, 2015

"Bad, it's started out clearing my skin , a week into it my skin began to get red & my acne got worst I hope that this medication will eventually help, for a person of color this does not work for my skin"

Jazzy898989 August 6, 2015

"I've fought cystic acne since I was 11yrs. old. My face,back,chest,neck and inner thighs. This medicine was no more helpful than the million other topical meds I've used. The commercials I see for acne products just kill me on T.V. They show somone with one little pimple usually crying about how devastated they are about their skin. Show someone like me and others with REAL problem acne! I'm 50 years old and still fighting it. I have taken every oral med on the market, used every soap and cream known to man with minimal results."

camel hair July 22, 2015

"I'm 40 years old and have battled with acne on and off since I was a teenager. Have tried everything from natural remedies to Proactive, benzoyl peroxide etc. and they seemed to work for a short time. For the last year I started having cystic acne on my jawline that seemed to be getting worse and after going to a new dermatologist she prescribed Aczone. After 3 wks and almost giving up I can finally say that I have not had one pimple. I would have one almost everyone other day! You do have to be patient as the current pimples I had seemed to take forever to heal and fade, I can say that this is working for me now. I have some scarring to deal with but my face will now have a chance to start healing without any new breakouts. Give it a try!"

Mari5222 July 16, 2015

"I always had acne through adolescence, & in my early 20s started developing painful cystic acne on my jawline and neck, particularly worsening prior to menstruation. All OTC treatments were completely useless to treat & manage this form of acne, & I was seriously considering Accutane. My dermatologist prescribed Aczone, & once I started regularly using once a day, after about a month (ie, not right away- it takes time to assess whether it's effective for you) I noticed a huge difference in my skin- less oily, essentially no acne. While the initial "wow" effect has tapered off- I'm starting to get an occasional pimple prior to my period- my skin is still substantially improved. Worth a shot before going to Accutane."

G. Donovan July 6, 2015

"I have been dealing with cystic acne for most of my life and I decided to see a dermatologist last year and Aczone literally was a miracle worker. I rarely get cystic acne anymore, and if I do it is usually near my period. However, I also use Retin-A cream at night, and I am currently prescribed to Vestura birth control which is good for acne treatment. A helpful tip if you take birth control is to actually look up the hormones that are in the pills, I was initially taking a different birth control that actually causes more acne, then I did some research and switched. The only downside is I get these small whiteheads right under my eyes (like 3-4) almost every other day and I am not positive if it's the Aczone causing it or not."

Bri93 June 15, 2015

"If you are a female suffering from cystic/hormonal acne- please give Aczone a try. During my sophomore year of college I developed cystic acne on my jaw line. I felt miserable all the time, caking on so much makeup just to feel normal. Aczone cleared up my skin in a week and is still clear a month later! However, I am still dealing with hyperpigmentation spots on my jaw/cheeks. Best of luck to you!"

Kirsten1919 June 4, 2015

" I am 28, have struggled with acne for 10 years and this is the only product that has kept me consistently clear. While I have undergone 3 rounds of Accutane, the cystic acne on my chin always returned and eventually spread to my cheeks, leaving some mild scaring. Within two weeks of Aczone, I could see improvement and within two months, I could go out without makeup again. While my skin is still not blemish free (I still have a small blemish or two at any given time), this nothing compared to how bad my skin was before Aczone and has given me back my confidence. I also love that this medication is gentle (unlike the Epiduo, which stung unbearably) and doesn't have the scary side effects of others (like Accutane). Highly recommend!!"

Mrs.Bee23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 2, 2015

"I am a 44 year old female who after having clear skin my entire life had a sudden breakout of cystic acne. I was devasted and went to my dermatologist immediately. She was rather dismissive and put me on acanya and oracea. This did nothing except make me feel like I had the flu (oracea). I decided to try a new dermatologist. My new derm took my immediately off oracia because in her words I don't have rosacea. She also took me off a acanya because in her words she would use on maybe a 9 year old! She started me on aczone and tazarac. Within 3 days I was completely clear. Now if I even start to get a cystic pimple it is gone within a day!! It is perfect for cystic hormonal acne:) I am so happy to be clear and confident :)"

Jenlindy May 30, 2015

"Around the age 35 I started experiencing painful and embarrassing cyst acne on my chin. Birth control and spironolacton got it under control to the point I stopped taking it after a few years. It came back as bad a ever and this time the medication wasn't working. I started aczone about 6 weeks ago and it's amazing! I do have to make sure I use it daily. If I do start to get any new acne, it knocks it out quickly in just a day or two. Helps a ton with any redness. Very happy with this product."

LTV May 3, 2015

"I had mild to moderate acne. Aczone is the best acne treatment for me. I use Murad Clarifying Cleanser, followed by Aczone and Origin moisturizer. I actually saw significant difference on my forehead after 3 days use of Aczone and 60% of redness was gone after 4 weeks. My skin was more oily though. My insurance does not cover it but my dermatologist gave me samples and one 30 days supplies for free."

Cindy T. (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

"I am a teenage boy that had one of the worst breakouts I've ever expirenced at the start of my jounior year. I normally had confidence, but this completely turned my life around. I couldn't even look at people in school, I just hung my head down. I went to my dermatologist and she prescribed me aczone ( twice a day) tazorac, (once at night) and kelflex ( twice a day). My acne was really bad. After 2 weeks I started seeing a difference, the huge bumps we're going down! A few weeks later and my face was smooth but covered in dark spots. Each week it got better and better, now about 14 weeks in, my face is almost completely clear. The small marks are still fading but it is almost back to normal! Make sure you stick with it, it takes time!"

Anonymous March 2, 2015

"Being 60 years old and still having acne, I've been able to try lots of OTC and prescription medicines for bad skin, from antibiotics to Retin-A to a tons of other products. Aczone is the only thing that has actually worked. I've. been using it for over a year now and love it. The product never made my skin worse like many products I have tried. It got better right away and has been clear now since I started using it."

To old to have zits February 17, 2015

"I am a 45 year old female with hormonal cystic acne which I've had for around 10 years. I've tried various oral antibiotics, prescription topical creams, face washes, etc... When my dermatologist first put me on Aczone I thought it was a miracle cream. I would have given it 10 stars the first few months because the first 3 months were AWESOME. The next 6 months were okay. Over the last 3 months I have had a tube in the drawer but the over the counter acne creams work just as well now. It is expensive if you don't have insurance. It is worth a try but for me it isn't working like it did at first. I didn't notice any side effects other than dry skin."

Souk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2015

"Ever since I began to play field hockey then basketball my acne got bad. No over counter things would work anymore. So I got Aczone & I saw improvement in three days. This works like magic. Highly suggest."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2015

"I'm a 46 year old female. Over the past five years or so, I developed acne around my mouth an chin. My old derm said it was hormonal, and for years I used Finacea (and tretinoin for wrinkles). It just got worse and worse. I switched dermatologists. The new derm prescribed Azcone. Within about two weeks I saw HUGE improvement. Its been 5 weeks now, and the acne is completely gone. This is a miracle! I can even eat chocolate now without breaking out, which ALWAYS caused breakouts before. And I have had zero side effects."

BethInMass (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

"Have had acne since football as a young teen and used everything resulting useless till sampled Aczone at 23yrs of age. Apply at night after Panoxyl wash typically where I shave face and neck. Magic"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2015

"Aczone works really well. I had a lot of acne on my face specially on my chin area, upper lip and forehead due to bacteria infection and hormonal changes. After applying Aczone for about 3 weeks I could find difference in my face and it was amazing my face was clear. So, I would recommend this to everyone and best thing about Aczone is it will not make your skin too dry as other creams."

priyanka badanahatti (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2014

"Ineffective for me. Used as prescribed by the dermatologist in combination with Ziana. Had the sensation of burned skin for one week. Only destroyed my skin not the acne. I stopped using it after 2 weeks. Acne was hormonal and cured by itself. "

Lena555 November 2, 2014

"I've been using this product for about 3 weeks. My acne is really bad due to hormone issues, so I was worried that no medications would help until we finally got my hormones balanced. Well, I began using Aczone and I have, as well as others, noticed a wonderful improvement. I haven't had issues with dry skin with it. I hope it continues to work."

Mallana October 20, 2014

"I'm a 20 year old female who's been battling moderate to severe acne since middle school. I've been wearing hypoallergenic Almay makeup since I was 12 because I was so self conscious of my skin. After unsuccessfully fighting it on my own, I went to a dermatologist who put me on Oracea to take in the morning and Aczone to apply at night. It's only been a week but I have had zero breakouts! The pimples I had prior to this have vanished and my dark spots are fading. I use Aczone at night after washing my face with Neutrogena acne prone skin soap (also recommended by my dermotologist). It has made my skin a little dry, but it used to be so oily that it seems to have balanced things out. Hopefully it will continue to work!"

11 year struggle (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2014

"I haven't seen many people on here comment with using it for over 2 weeks. The first few weeks it worked for me too. Thought it was amazing. I've now been using it for 6 months hoping it just needs time. Nope NOTHING. I have mild/moderate acne. I'm 24. I still get cystic acne. Especially on my period. I get whiteheads, ones under my skin, black heads, YOU NAME IT. I still get it. The only time my skin is clear is the week before I get my period. "

Anonymous June 19, 2014

"I had very bad cystic acne and had to see a dermatologist. She prescribed Aczone and Tazorac, it did not work, it made me breakout worse. I went back to her and she prescribed doxcycline an antibiotic and within the first week I saw an improvement. I am on antibiotics, Aczone, and Tazorac, which together works awesome, my dark spots and acne scarring is fading also."

CaketheBake (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014