User Reviews for Aczone

Learn more about Aczone.

Aczone review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 450 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Aczone to treat Acne

Review by 11 year struggle (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm a 20 year old female who's been battling moderate to severe acne since middle school. I've been wearing hypoallergenic Almay makeup since I was 12 because I was so self conscious of my skin. After unsuccessfully fighting it on my own, I went to a dermatologist who put me on Oracea to take in the morning and Aczone to apply at night. It's only been a week but I have had zero breakouts! The pimples I had prior to this have vanished and my dark spots are fading. I use Aczone at night after washing my face with Neutrogena acne prone skin soap (also recommended by my dermotologist). It has made my skin a little dry, but it used to be so oily that it seems to have balanced things out. Hopefully it will continue to work!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 12:37 AM

I haven't seen many people on here comment with using it for over 2 weeks. The first few weeks it worked for me too. Thought it was amazing. I've now been using it for 6 months hoping it just needs time. Nope NOTHING. I have mild/moderate acne. I'm 24. I still get cystic acne. Especially on my period. I get whiteheads, ones under my skin, black heads, YOU NAME IT. I still get it. The only time my skin is clear is the week before I get my period.

June 19, 2014 12:14 PM

Review by CaketheBake (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had very bad cystic acne and had to see a dermatologist. She prescribed Aczone and Tazorac, it did not work, it made me breakout worse. I went back to her and she prescribed doxcycline an antibiotic and within the first week I saw an improvement. I am on antibiotics, Aczone, and Tazorac, which together works awesome, my dark spots and acne scarring is fading also.

June 19, 2014 7:46 AM

Review by Jaanu123:

I had cystic acne on my jaw line and cheeks from almost 2 years. Have been using many medications like benzoyl peroxide creams, salicylic acid and over the counter creams. But nothing was working out. 2 months back I went to another dermatologist and she prescribed me Aczone cream to use 2 times a day. It really worked for me. Within 2 weeks I can make out the difference. New acne almost stopped appearing and even the acne that is trying to come out is clearing up fast. I am so happy that my skin cleared up pretty soon. But if I stop using it for few days, acne start coming back again. Also the scars are still there. I think they are fading a little, but still not completely. I am happy my doctor prescribed me this.

May 21, 2014 4:39 PM

Review by KIKI WOODS (taken for less than 1 month):

My doctor prescribed spironolactone 50mg with aczone and I am so happy! Its been almost a month and my skin is so smooth! I had cystic acne around my cheeks, jaw line and chin area. My skin is very very oily with big pores but now its all cleared up, my pores are extremely smaller and less oil...I'm a happy camper.

May 14, 2014 12:13 PM

Review by Sleepygirl7tt:

I got a bad bout of the flu in March and had to go on 10 days of antibiotics. My face started breaking out the worst it ever had in 7 yrs. After getting a cystic pimple every day for 10 days I went to the dermatologist. She prescribed Aczone and Epiduo. Also got 3 injections to the cheeks. I have been applying the medicine for 4 days now. My face has calmed considerably in these few days and is actually smooth. I see some pimples coming up on my cheeks where I was breaking out before but instead of them becoming cystic-hard, painful-they come up as small white heads and after showering just wipe away. Face is dry but I don't mind as I have oily skin. Could be too soon to tell but I have seen a difference in 4 days.

April 21, 2014 12:37 AM

Review by forthelifeofme:

Honestly, I was skeptical of this product at first because I couldn't seem to find something that would deal with my cystic pimples (I am 31). The product works on my skin, but it took at least 3 months to see results. Since then, I have not had any cystic acne since. I use it in the morning and at night. I also use Retin-A at night. I only wash my face 1x a day to avoid killing my good bacteria and this actually helped my acne improve too. The product is so worth it, but be patient and give it at least 3 months before deciding if it works or not.

April 13, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by rachel1992:

This product works so well. I have been using it everyday for 2 Weeks now and have no acne anymore. Its amazing. I love it. I highly recommend this product. I'd buy even without my insurance covering it, its that good!

March 6, 2014 10:29 AM

Review by 4eyedginger:

I have cystic acne on my cheeks and on the sides of my lips. I had a bad breakout previous to getting this so when I started using it, it took only 2 days for these to clear up. Which was awesome. Only been 2 weeks. But so far so good. Also I think it's helping with the healing after the Zit. When I would normally get a dime sized purple spot after the cystic acne, this has cleared my acne without there being a spot after, so that's a plus. I have insurance but I was still given a discount card for this. 25$ with insurance. 75 without insurance.

February 15, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by Ehhh (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aczone has improved my acne in my t-zone, but it has worsened the acne on my cheeks. I never had acne on my cheek, but this makes my cheeks so oily that it has cause lots of acne on my cheeks.

February 14, 2014 11:24 AM

Review by KMF016:

My Dermatologist prescribed me Aczone (morning) and Veltin (similar to Retin A in the evening)....Wow! my 4 month results are amazing. I think Aczone played a major part in minimizing my current cystic acne and keeping newly formed acne under control. My friend started using Retin A for the same reasons, during the same time I started my treatment. Our results were night and day. A lot of treatments will make your acne "get worse before it gets better." The major benefit of Aczone is not going through that phase. so far so GREAT! I am completely acne free..I haven't had a pimple in almost a month!

February 12, 2014 6:15 PM

Review by Brittdars:

I am 27, have had acne starting in the 6th grade. Some products in the past have helped but Aczone has cleared me right up! This product has given me self esteem that I never remember having in my life.

February 3, 2014 1:19 PM

Review by WoohooAczone:

After my teen years I thought I had finally gotten my skin under control. I'm in my early 20s now and Proactiv just wasn't cutting it anymore. I was developing cystic acne along my jawlines and cheeks which I have never had before. I then tried the new Proactiv which made my skin so unbelievably dry and much, much worse. I finally decided to go to the dermatologist and got a prescription for Aczone. For my first use, I put it on right before bed and the next morning the bumps were for the most part flat. I was amazed! I've now been using it for 10 days and it's crazy how much better my skin is. It's on it's way to being completely clear and not dry at all! This is a miracle product!

January 23, 2014 12:03 AM

Review by Marigold098667:

My skin is extremely oily, sensitive and I've been breaking out non-stop since the age of 16 (I am now 20). Because of my sensitivity aczone has been really amazing because it is not drying as many other prescriptions are and I like that I was able to start using it twice a day every day from day one (with many other prescriptions I have to slowly add it every other day to my regimen). I have noticed fabulous improvements in my skin. I still break out on occasion but as long as I stick to this regularly my break outs clear up far quicker than before use. It should be noted that I have been using this in conjunction with Tazorac .1. I also love that it doesn't bleach clothing or anything, which I used to hate in many other products.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2014 6:57 AM

Review by aczone believer! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

II am 44, I got the Mirena and developed horrible hormonal acne along my cheeks and jawline. I picked at it. This caused a lot of red and brown spots. After 5 months of trying all different sorts of OTC acne medication and skin care routines, I finally met with a dermatologist who gave me some Aczone samples. THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING. Seriously. Within 1-2 days all the bumps had diminished, and have remained gone except a few here and there. I use 2x's/day- apply the gel on a clean face, add oil-free moisturizer, followed by an oil- free foundation (for day wear). This medication doesn't bleach clothes, and doesn't cause redness or excessive dryness. SO HAPPY.

December 23, 2013 3:06 AM

Review by sherkat:

I never had much acne as a teenager, but now I have developed breakouts almost constantly at 21. I have tried antibiotics and several prescribed ointments. They work for a time and then quit. I have used Aczone for 6 weeks and it seemed to help for the first 4 wks and now the past 2 I have probably the worst breakouts of my life. I stopped using and just went back to Proactiv and prescribed Benzopack and have some improvement. I was hoping Aczone would be the answer for me, but it isn't.

November 7, 2013 3:48 PM

Review by Britt C (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I struggled with acne since beginning middle school. all other topical medications were too harsh and either irritated my skin to where it was red and over oily, or it made my acne worse. Yes its normal to get worse before getting better, but after months of the other medicines it never got better. While using aczone, my acne never got worse, only better after the first few days. I have been using it for about 4 months now and my skin is completely smooth besides the occasional pimple that is barely there. All i have left to take care of are the scars that were left over the years. strongly recommend aczone to all with sensitive skin!

November 6, 2013 12:28 AM

Review by Persongirl:

I started getting breakouts when I first started my menstrual cycle. (Age 13) and it got progressively worse. I'm about to be 16, and really have tried so many things for my skin problems. I tried Aczone and it literally had an over-night effect. In the morning my bumps were less noticeable and my face felt smoother. It takes time but it really works. Patience is a virtue.

October 26, 2013 1:59 AM

Review by Lassy400 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Close to my 20th birthday my face broke out with horrible painful acne. Everything I tried didn't help at all. I always wash my make up off morning and night and that didn't even prevent it. I finally went to my dermatologist and after trying all of there topical creams before in the past my dermatologist recommended accutane. I was nervous to take it so he told me to try aczone. It's been almost 10 weeks and nothing has really improved except a little on my chin and forehead. My cheeks are still red and inflamed. I wouldn't recommend this product but of course there are all kinds of different skin types that it works better on than some but I guess mine wasn't the lucky one.

October 21, 2013 11:14 PM

Review by Mishael:

I started breaking out for the first time when I turned 20 years old. It was terrible, cystic acne and I tried everything before going to the dermatologist. When I finally did, I was prescribed Aczone and Retin-A. During the first three weeks, my skin got worse. All my cystic acne rose to the top and turned into white heads. My skin also become flaky at the same time from the Retin-A. I wanted to stop and give up, but so glad I didn't. Now my skin is almost completely clear and it's been 6 weeks. Please don't give up on this treatment. Continue to use it as your doctor prescribed and you will see results. I still have some redness but overall my skin is smooth and I finally feel comfortable in it!

October 2, 2013 1:17 PM

I'm 36 years old and I've had acne on and off since I was 12 years old. Within the last 5 years it has gotten significantly worse and I've tried just about every type of medicated treatment. Nothing really worked. I recently went to my Dermatologist for a refill on my Minocycline (oral antibiotic) and decided to ask about Aczone gel. I've only been using it for less than a week and I can't believe how well it's working on my face. I use it in conjunction with Minocycline. My acne has significantly reduced and my face feels smooth. I'm very excited about the results and I highly recommend Aczone. It's definitely worth a try if you have painful, stubborn acne.

October 1, 2013 3:02 AM

Review by MSD-NY:

I started suffering from moderate cystic acne in my mid-30s and Aczone is the only medication that has helped (aside from oral antibiotics, which I didn't want to take long term). I noticed a difference almost immediately. I'm now 3 weeks into my treatment plan and my skin is perfectly clear. I use Aczone in the morning, Glycolix 5-2 pads late in the afternoon, and Tretinoin 0.05% at night. I moisturize dry spots with Skinceuticals Phyto corrective serum. My skin hasn't looked this good in years!

September 29, 2013 9:03 AM

Review by IT'sME (taken for less than 1 month):

I just wanted to share that ACZONE REALLY WORKS. I have suffered with acne since my teen yrs till now (I'm 39 yrs young). I have tried everything. I went to my Dr. 09/05/2013 and he gave me some samples to try and I did. I'm in LOVE with this. It is awesome I really can see results the zits, pimples or what ever you want to call them are starting to go away. Good luck to you all as you each search for solutions to your skin. THIS REALLY WORKS.

September 24, 2013 4:20 PM

Review by Leannewolf2:

I am 20 years old. About a year ago I started breaking out like crazy. Being that I had never experienced having acne before, I was EXTREMELY self conscious. I have tried everything to heal my acne. Monthly microdermabrasions, peels, IPL (intense pulsed light), skinceutical products, prescriptions( clindamycin wipes and Azelaic acid cream) but nothing could keep my acne away for more than a day or two. I tried Aczone. It has changed my life. In one week I had barely any acne left. My worst breakouts were always jawline cysts. They still try to pop up but the Aczone calms them down until they go away. Try it!

September 23, 2013 2:47 AM

Review by Rachel Anne:

After I stopped taking my birth control pill I had experienced full blown severe acne. My body was used to taking it for 7 years so my hormones have been all out of whack. I wanted to cry everyday in the mirror looking at myself being 21 years old with a pizza face. Tried EVERYTHING and as soon as I was about to give up I was prescribed Aczone. After ONE DAY I began to see a difference. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and am almost completely acne free. I SWEAR by this stuff it is the best thing that's ever happened to me regarding skin.

September 8, 2013 4:50 PM