User Reviews for Dapsone

Also known as: Aczone

Learn more about Dapsone.

Acne 113 reviews 518 medications

7.9
Summary of Dapsone reviews 113 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Dapsone

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "After living on doxcycline for 2 years,finally found winning combo for MY perimenopausal hormone/stress induced SEVERE CYSTIC acne! Everytime I got off doxycycline, face worsened within 2 months (scarred and inflammed) than when I started. Would take 3 months of being back on the antibiotic, along with the retin A/hyperpigmentation combo cream that my derm helped develop before scarring became less noticeable. Doxycycline worked well (compared to clindamycin/minocycline/ OTC/proactive system and all salicylic acid, etc.); but, didn't want to live on antibiotics. 3 months changed to Bactrim & Aczone. Within 2 months, as if I never had acne at all. No scars. Aczone & MD's cream only for last month. No CYSTS or pimples. CLEAR SKIN!!"

FINALLY -Works great for ME!!! January 11, 2016

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I am 36 and in the past year began getting cystic acne on my chin, cheeks and temples. The cysts were incredibly red, itchy, and painful. They never came to a head and seemed to never fully heal. Because they wouldn't heal, I would pick at them. Last week, I broke out with 17 at once. I was very embarrassed, got fed up and saw a dermatologist. He prescibed Doxycycline and Aczone 2x per day. Amazing results in less than a week! My 'wounds' are all dried up and I'm dealing with moderate peeling now. It seems as though Aczone immediately remedied the redness. I only woke up with one new pimple, but it healed in 1 day."

IndianaSara (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "it pretty much ruined my skin. . ive been using epiduo for 5 months now and it worked amazing and my dermatologist told me if I used aczone in the morning my red marks would go away faster. What it did was create more red marks and made it insanely dry and red and horrible. I was on aczone for 2 months before I gave up like last week and now it burns whenever I wash my face so I have to wait a while for this stuff to drain out of my system yeah don't recommend but maybe it's because i use epiduo"

bree m December 3, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I am a 28 year old female and I have struggled with acne for as long as I can remember. I get several cysts a few times a month which always seem to scar. After discussing this with a new doctor, I was prescribed Aczone. I have tried almost every other cream on the market. I use Aczone every night after washing my face. Within the first few weeks my acne got worse. My doctor did warn me of this. She told me to not give up and to give it 3 months minimum. By the end of the first month, my skin had improved significantly. I have used Aczone for 5 months now and I have not had a single cyst or breakout. The medication is a bit pricey so I recommend getting a coupon. I highly recommend it to any female with hormonal cystic acne. Great product."

MissouriGirl9462 November 16, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "Highly recommend it. I am 38 and have had acne since my teens. I have tried pretty much everything including topical, oral, BCP, Accutane. I have become quite sensitive to oral medications over the years and none of the topicals seemed to help anymore ie. retin a, benzoyl peroxide. I saw a dermatologist recently who suggested Aczone for hormonal acne which is what I have and I was quite skeptical but to my surprise it really did help. After a couple of weeks I stopped having new break outs especially not the major cystic type acne that lasts for weeks and leaves scars. I have not had any side effects. If you have tried everything else this is worth a shot specially if you suffer from hormonal acne."

Nikki Meh November 10, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "For me Aczone worked better than anything else I have tried. I have cystic hormonal breakouts on my chin and jawline. I feel that it works very quickly and helps to prevent new acne from forming with twice daily use. It has no side effects and is non-drying."

GEB1389 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "This is not as amazing and magical as most of the raters here are saying. My dermatologist prescribed this to help with hyperpigmentation and inflammation my acne caused. It helped with niether. It barely works on the smallest of pimples. I just think the American market sucks for acne because I haven't really found something effective and affordable. When I was in DR I used stuff that cleared my skin up in a night. Sadly it can only be bought there :("

Pizzer_face October 22, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I use to cry from the pain caused from Acne pimples and the low self esteem that comes with disfigured skin until I saw Aczone commercial. I couldn't believe the results by week 12 it cleared my skin for the first time I could touch my face . I used Cetaphil foam face wash and moisturizer as well for oily skin it works people try it and good luck"

Hadi00 October 20, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I've never experienced acne, a few black heads, pre-menstrual pimple, but after 29th bday my lower jaw, sides of face broke out horribly. I scheduled appts, had hormones checked, obgyn, everything. dermatologist gave aczone & Cetaphil (Derma Control for oily(purple label) or they also have another non-oily skin wash/etc! OTC, pricey but WORTH it) 2x daily face wash and 2x daily moisturizer. Also Minocycline 1x in am, 30-60 days plus a second face cream for pm use 2 minutes after aczone but before moisturizer, Tretinoin .05% cream. This regimen has cleared those ugly and very painful pimples. I am active AA woman, Hot Pilates 7xweek plus swimming public pool 4xweek. Anyone know if I can use Ambi fade cream, aczone is not lightening scars."

Women of color (oily) WORKS!!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I'm 24, and have been plagued with acne since my teens. Two years into college, I started to get hormonally-triggered acne along my jawline; more cyst-like and painful that what I was used to getting on my face. I had been living with it, managing only through OTC topic salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, but it was only getting worse. My skin also changed in my early 20s, becoming more sensitive and dry, but simultaneously oily (if you have it, you'll get it. Otherwise, I know it sounds like a contradiction of terms). It was basically a mess; I didn't know what to do, and was considering accutane. My derma prescribed aczone, and while I had my reservations the first few weeks, less than two months later my skin is practically acne free."

Kay K. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I can't say I was happy with this medication I feel like it didn't help my acne what so ever. If anything it actually broke me out more than I usually do and it gave me black heads on my nose. Not cute! Everyone is different I feel like for my skin this was not a good fit. Onexton is drastically better for me."

Anonymous August 26, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I have tried so many acne medications, and this one was like every other one that didn't work. I believe that Aczone permanently damaged my skin. I have an olive skin tone and I would rarely get burned. After using this medication my whole body, not just my face, is now extremely sensitive to the sun. If I am outside for about 15 minutes without sunscreen I will burn. The best thing that I did for my acne was to get on birth control and get enough sleep."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "BUY THIS MEDICINE! I have struggled with acne for as long as I can remember and I am about to turn 17. I have tried every acne treatment out there including Proactive, which I hate to death. It burned my skin horriably ans left it peeling dry. Acezone makes my skin feel 100times better the morning after I wake up. No burning, Drying, Itching, and will clear you're face fast. I also have Rosashe so I used another cream on top of the Acezone that worked perfectly together."

nigjjm August 10, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "Bad, it's started out clearing my skin , a week into it my skin began to get red & my acne got worst I hope that this medication will eventually help, for a person of color this does not work for my skin"

Jazzy898989 August 6, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I've fought cystic acne since I was 11yrs. old. My face,back,chest,neck and inner thighs. This medicine was no more helpful than the million other topical meds I've used. The commercials I see for acne products just kill me on T.V. They show somone with one little pimple usually crying about how devastated they are about their skin. Show someone like me and others with REAL problem acne! I'm 50 years old and still fighting it. I have taken every oral med on the market, used every soap and cream known to man with minimal results."

camel hair July 22, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I'm 40 years old and have battled with acne on and off since I was a teenager. Have tried everything from natural remedies to Proactive, benzoyl peroxide etc. and they seemed to work for a short time. For the last year I started having cystic acne on my jawline that seemed to be getting worse and after going to a new dermatologist she prescribed Aczone. After 3 wks and almost giving up I can finally say that I have not had one pimple. I would have one almost everyone other day! You do have to be patient as the current pimples I had seemed to take forever to heal and fade, I can say that this is working for me now. I have some scarring to deal with but my face will now have a chance to start healing without any new breakouts. Give it a try!"

Mari5222 July 16, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I always had acne through adolescence, & in my early 20s started developing painful cystic acne on my jawline and neck, particularly worsening prior to menstruation. All OTC treatments were completely useless to treat & manage this form of acne, & I was seriously considering Accutane. My dermatologist prescribed Aczone, & once I started regularly using once a day, after about a month (ie, not right away- it takes time to assess whether it's effective for you) I noticed a huge difference in my skin- less oily, essentially no acne. While the initial "wow" effect has tapered off- I'm starting to get an occasional pimple prior to my period- my skin is still substantially improved. Worth a shot before going to Accutane."

G. Donovan July 6, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I have been dealing with cystic acne for most of my life and I decided to see a dermatologist last year and Aczone literally was a miracle worker. I rarely get cystic acne anymore, and if I do it is usually near my period. However, I also use Retin-A cream at night, and I am currently prescribed to Vestura birth control which is good for acne treatment. A helpful tip if you take birth control is to actually look up the hormones that are in the pills, I was initially taking a different birth control that actually causes more acne, then I did some research and switched. The only downside is I get these small whiteheads right under my eyes (like 3-4) almost every other day and I am not positive if it's the Aczone causing it or not."

Bri93 June 15, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "If you are a female suffering from cystic/hormonal acne- please give Aczone a try. During my sophomore year of college I developed cystic acne on my jaw line. I felt miserable all the time, caking on so much makeup just to feel normal. Aczone cleared up my skin in a week and is still clear a month later! However, I am still dealing with hyperpigmentation spots on my jaw/cheeks. Best of luck to you!"

Kirsten1919 June 4, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: " I am 28, have struggled with acne for 10 years and this is the only product that has kept me consistently clear. While I have undergone 3 rounds of Accutane, the cystic acne on my chin always returned and eventually spread to my cheeks, leaving some mild scaring. Within two weeks of Aczone, I could see improvement and within two months, I could go out without makeup again. While my skin is still not blemish free (I still have a small blemish or two at any given time), this nothing compared to how bad my skin was before Aczone and has given me back my confidence. I also love that this medication is gentle (unlike the Epiduo, which stung unbearably) and doesn't have the scary side effects of others (like Accutane). Highly recommend!!"

Mrs.Bee23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 2, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I am a 44 year old female who after having clear skin my entire life had a sudden breakout of cystic acne. I was devasted and went to my dermatologist immediately. She was rather dismissive and put me on acanya and oracea. This did nothing except make me feel like I had the flu (oracea). I decided to try a new dermatologist. My new derm took my immediately off oracia because in her words I don't have rosacea. She also took me off a acanya because in her words she would use on maybe a 9 year old! She started me on aczone and tazarac. Within 3 days I was completely clear. Now if I even start to get a cystic pimple it is gone within a day!! It is perfect for cystic hormonal acne:) I am so happy to be clear and confident :)"

Jenlindy May 30, 2015

For Acne: "Best acne topical acne treatmentI have came across in 20 years and I have tried many. Non drying. Which is hard to find. It doesn't make your skin peel or get red like many do. Too expensive. Doesn't come in a big enough tube especially if using on chest and back too could become very expensive. But it works."

kleem (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "Around the age 35 I started experiencing painful and embarrassing cyst acne on my chin. Birth control and spironolacton got it under control to the point I stopped taking it after a few years. It came back as bad a ever and this time the medication wasn't working. I started aczone about 6 weeks ago and it's amazing! I do have to make sure I use it daily. If I do start to get any new acne, it knocks it out quickly in just a day or two. Helps a ton with any redness. Very happy with this product."

LTV May 3, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I had mild to moderate acne. Aczone is the best acne treatment for me. I use Murad Clarifying Cleanser, followed by Aczone and Origin moisturizer. I actually saw significant difference on my forehead after 3 days use of Aczone and 60% of redness was gone after 4 weeks. My skin was more oily though. My insurance does not cover it but my dermatologist gave me samples and one 30 days supplies for free."

Cindy T. (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I am a teenage boy that had one of the worst breakouts I've ever expirenced at the start of my jounior year. I normally had confidence, but this completely turned my life around. I couldn't even look at people in school, I just hung my head down. I went to my dermatologist and she prescribed me aczone ( twice a day) tazorac, (once at night) and kelflex ( twice a day). My acne was really bad. After 2 weeks I started seeing a difference, the huge bumps we're going down! A few weeks later and my face was smooth but covered in dark spots. Each week it got better and better, now about 14 weeks in, my face is almost completely clear. The small marks are still fading but it is almost back to normal! Make sure you stick with it, it takes time!"

Anonymous March 2, 2015