Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Dapsone

Also known as: Aczone

Learn more about Dapsone.

Acne 74 reviews 499 medications

Summary of Dapsone reviews 74 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Dapsone

Review by forthelifeofme: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: Honestly, I was skeptical of this product at first because I couldn't seem to find something that would deal with my cystic pimples (I am 31). The product works on my skin, but it took at least 3 months to see results. Since then, I have not had any cystic acne since. I use it in the morning and at night. I also use Retin-A at night. I only wash my face 1x a day to avoid killing my good bacteria and this actually helped my acne improve too. The product is so worth it, but be patient and give it at least 3 months before deciding if it works or not.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 11:53 PM
Review by rachel1992: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: This product works so well. I have been using it everyday for 2 Weeks now and have no acne anymore. Its amazing. I love it. I highly recommend this product. I'd buy even without my insurance covering it, its that good!

March 6, 2014 10:29 AM
Review by 4eyedginger: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I have cystic acne on my cheeks and on the sides of my lips. I had a bad breakout previous to getting this so when I started using it, it took only 2 days for these to clear up. Which was awesome. Only been 2 weeks. But so far so good. Also I think it's helping with the healing after the Zit. When I would normally get a dime sized purple spot after the cystic acne, this has cleared my acne without there being a spot after, so that's a plus. I have insurance but I was still given a discount card for this. 25$ with insurance. 75 without insurance.

February 15, 2014 1:30 PM
Review by Ehhh (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: Aczone has improved my acne in my t-zone, but it has worsened the acne on my cheeks. I never had acne on my cheek, but this makes my cheeks so oily that it has cause lots of acne on my cheeks.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 14, 2014 11:24 AM
Review by KMF016: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: My Dermatologist prescribed me Aczone (morning) and Veltin (similar to Retin A in the evening)....Wow! my 4 month results are amazing. I think Aczone played a major part in minimizing my current cystic acne and keeping newly formed acne under control. My friend started using Retin A for the same reasons, during the same time I started my treatment. Our results were night and day. A lot of treatments will make your acne "get worse before it gets better." The major benefit of Aczone is not going through that phase. so far so GREAT! I am completely acne free..I haven't had a pimple in almost a month!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2014 6:15 PM
Review by Brittdars: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I am 27, have had acne starting in the 6th grade. Some products in the past have helped but Aczone has cleared me right up! This product has given me self esteem that I never remember having in my life.

February 3, 2014 1:19 PM
Review by WoohooAczone: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: After my teen years I thought I had finally gotten my skin under control. I'm in my early 20s now and Proactiv just wasn't cutting it anymore. I was developing cystic acne along my jawlines and cheeks which I have never had before. I then tried the new Proactiv which made my skin so unbelievably dry and much, much worse. I finally decided to go to the dermatologist and got a prescription for Aczone. For my first use, I put it on right before bed and the next morning the bumps were for the most part flat. I was amazed! I've now been using it for 10 days and it's crazy how much better my skin is. It's on it's way to being completely clear and not dry at all! This is a miracle product!

January 23, 2014 12:03 AM
Review by Marigold098667: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: My skin is extremely oily, sensitive and I've been breaking out non-stop since the age of 16 (I am now 20). Because of my sensitivity aczone has been really amazing because it is not drying as many other prescriptions are and I like that I was able to start using it twice a day every day from day one (with many other prescriptions I have to slowly add it every other day to my regimen). I have noticed fabulous improvements in my skin. I still break out on occasion but as long as I stick to this regularly my break outs clear up far quicker than before use. It should be noted that I have been using this in conjunction with Tazorac .1. I also love that it doesn't bleach clothing or anything, which I used to hate in many other products.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 19, 2014 6:57 AM
Review by aczone believer! (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: II am 44, I got the Mirena and developed horrible hormonal acne along my cheeks and jawline. I picked at it. This caused a lot of red and brown spots. After 5 months of trying all different sorts of OTC acne medication and skin care routines, I finally met with a dermatologist who gave me some Aczone samples. THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING. Seriously. Within 1-2 days all the bumps had diminished, and have remained gone except a few here and there. I use 2x's/day- apply the gel on a clean face, add oil-free moisturizer, followed by an oil- free foundation (for day wear). This medication doesn't bleach clothes, and doesn't cause redness or excessive dryness. SO HAPPY.

December 23, 2013 3:06 AM
Review by sherkat: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I never had much acne as a teenager, but now I have developed breakouts almost constantly at 21. I have tried antibiotics and several prescribed ointments. They work for a time and then quit. I have used Aczone for 6 weeks and it seemed to help for the first 4 wks and now the past 2 I have probably the worst breakouts of my life. I stopped using and just went back to Proactiv and prescribed Benzopack and have some improvement. I was hoping Aczone would be the answer for me, but it isn't.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2013 3:48 PM
Review by Britt C (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I struggled with acne since beginning middle school. all other topical medications were too harsh and either irritated my skin to where it was red and over oily, or it made my acne worse. Yes its normal to get worse before getting better, but after months of the other medicines it never got better. While using aczone, my acne never got worse, only better after the first few days. I have been using it for about 4 months now and my skin is completely smooth besides the occasional pimple that is barely there. All i have left to take care of are the scars that were left over the years. strongly recommend aczone to all with sensitive skin!

November 6, 2013 12:28 AM
Review by Persongirl: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I started getting breakouts when I first started my menstrual cycle. (Age 13) and it got progressively worse. I'm about to be 16, and really have tried so many things for my skin problems. I tried Aczone and it literally had an over-night effect. In the morning my bumps were less noticeable and my face felt smoother. It takes time but it really works. Patience is a virtue.

October 26, 2013 1:59 AM
Review by Lassy400 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: Close to my 20th birthday my face broke out with horrible painful acne. Everything I tried didn't help at all. I always wash my make up off morning and night and that didn't even prevent it. I finally went to my dermatologist and after trying all of there topical creams before in the past my dermatologist recommended accutane. I was nervous to take it so he told me to try aczone. It's been almost 10 weeks and nothing has really improved except a little on my chin and forehead. My cheeks are still red and inflamed. I wouldn't recommend this product but of course there are all kinds of different skin types that it works better on than some but I guess mine wasn't the lucky one.

October 21, 2013 11:14 PM
Review by Mishael: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I started breaking out for the first time when I turned 20 years old. It was terrible, cystic acne and I tried everything before going to the dermatologist. When I finally did, I was prescribed Aczone and Retin-A. During the first three weeks, my skin got worse. All my cystic acne rose to the top and turned into white heads. My skin also become flaky at the same time from the Retin-A. I wanted to stop and give up, but so glad I didn't. Now my skin is almost completely clear and it's been 6 weeks. Please don't give up on this treatment. Continue to use it as your doctor prescribed and you will see results. I still have some redness but overall my skin is smooth and I finally feel comfortable in it!

October 2, 2013 1:17 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I'm 36 years old and I've had acne on and off since I was 12 years old. Within the last 5 years it has gotten significantly worse and I've tried just about every type of medicated treatment. Nothing really worked. I recently went to my Dermatologist for a refill on my Minocycline (oral antibiotic) and decided to ask about Aczone gel. I've only been using it for less than a week and I can't believe how well it's working on my face. I use it in conjunction with Minocycline. My acne has significantly reduced and my face feels smooth. I'm very excited about the results and I highly recommend Aczone. It's definitely worth a try if you have painful, stubborn acne.

October 1, 2013 3:02 AM
Review by MSD-NY: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I started suffering from moderate cystic acne in my mid-30s and Aczone is the only medication that has helped (aside from oral antibiotics, which I didn't want to take long term). I noticed a difference almost immediately. I'm now 3 weeks into my treatment plan and my skin is perfectly clear. I use Aczone in the morning, Glycolix 5-2 pads late in the afternoon, and Tretinoin 0.05% at night. I moisturize dry spots with Skinceuticals Phyto corrective serum. My skin hasn't looked this good in years!

September 29, 2013 9:03 AM
Review by IT'sME (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I just wanted to share that ACZONE REALLY WORKS. I have suffered with acne since my teen yrs till now (I'm 39 yrs young). I have tried everything. I went to my Dr. 09/05/2013 and he gave me some samples to try and I did. I'm in LOVE with this. It is awesome I really can see results the zits, pimples or what ever you want to call them are starting to go away. Good luck to you all as you each search for solutions to your skin. THIS REALLY WORKS.

September 24, 2013 4:20 PM
Review by Leannewolf2: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I am 20 years old. About a year ago I started breaking out like crazy. Being that I had never experienced having acne before, I was EXTREMELY self conscious. I have tried everything to heal my acne. Monthly microdermabrasions, peels, IPL (intense pulsed light), skinceutical products, prescriptions( clindamycin wipes and Azelaic acid cream) but nothing could keep my acne away for more than a day or two. I tried Aczone. It has changed my life. In one week I had barely any acne left. My worst breakouts were always jawline cysts. They still try to pop up but the Aczone calms them down until they go away. Try it!

September 23, 2013 2:47 AM
Review by Rachel Anne: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: After I stopped taking my birth control pill I had experienced full blown severe acne. My body was used to taking it for 7 years so my hormones have been all out of whack. I wanted to cry everyday in the mirror looking at myself being 21 years old with a pizza face. Tried EVERYTHING and as soon as I was about to give up I was prescribed Aczone. After ONE DAY I began to see a difference. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and am almost completely acne free. I SWEAR by this stuff it is the best thing that's ever happened to me regarding skin.

September 8, 2013 4:50 PM
Review by Patient One: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: Patience, Patients! My teenage son is almost pimple-free because of topical Aczone (combined with topical Avar E LS). But be patient! It has taken about 6 months for his skin to really calm down. Some improvement started after about a month of daily use. With time it has controlled his acne well. He still gets a few pimples, but they heal quickly and are not scarring. A tiny bit of cream goes a long way. He had been getting loads of pimples and horrible cysts. He previously tried benzoyl peroxide (which did very little) and then Retin A (Disaster! Crazy breakouts and crusty, itchy skin for 2 months until he gave up). If you want an acne treatment without the side effects of an oral medication, I recommend Aczone highly!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 4, 2013 2:49 PM
Review by Acne free finally: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I have struggled with acne since I was 11 yrs old. I'm now 32 and tired of it. Every time I go off my birth control I break out horribly but I wanted to go off of it because I get migraines. I have tried almost everything. The only thing I haven't had is Accutane. My dermatologist gave me Aczone topical as well as topical erythromycin. I have been using both daily for about three months now and this is my first month off my birth control. Well I got my period today. Typically right before I get my period I break out horribly face back chest, Not this time tho. I have 2 tiny bumps on my cheek and one on my back. I am amazed. I hope that it stays like this because honestly it's a miracle! I have never had a topical medicine work before.

August 9, 2013 11:52 PM
Review by hopefull19 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: Im 19 years old and have had acne since about the 6th grade (age 11). About a month ago I went to a new dermatologist who took one look at me and said shes going to prescribe me Retin-A. I told her that I tried that and she said Aczone was the last one she could think of that could possibly help me. So far after three weeks my forehead and left cheek has cleared up (but I still have acne scars). The right cheek doesn't seem to be getting better or worse, the pimples I had went away and others came. Hoping for more results with time.

July 16, 2013 1:56 PM
Review by Go Away Acne: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I have dealt with acne off and on my entire adult life. Finally became fed up with the constant bumps and dark spots, I visit a dermatologist. I was asked to try the Aczone (Dapsone) along with Doryx and at first it seemed to work, but now it does nothing for me. I would rather try something less expensive that will be effective versus something that cost a lot without insurance. Sorry but Aczone is not for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 14, 2013 7:16 PM
Review by Too Precious (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I began experiencing acne when I turned 35. Of course I thought this was odd due to being midway to 40, so I dealt with it long as I could. I tried Proactive, it work for a while, Neutrogena, nothing was happening. It was almost like my face took turns into which side would break out first. I was always self conscious and began wearing make up to master the acne and the dark spots. Finally I became frustrated and decided to see a dermatologist for my never ending battle with my face. The Dermatologist recommended I try Doryx and Aczone. At first I did not see any change but it has now been almost three weeks and I notice a difference. Waiting for better results.

June 25, 2013 1:24 PM
Review by MmmNN: User Rating:

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: I never had pimple before but once I turned 23, I was having pimples once in a while and later it was covered in my chicks. Nothing was working out for me so I decided to see a dermatologist and he recommended Aczone. I have started using it last November 2012 and still using it. My face is fully cleared now and it is smooth just like it was before and no spots. Although I do get pimple once in a while but it just got away. Also I don't use make up much may be that's why it got cleared and nice. Overall, I Love it and I am glad that Doctor prescribed me this one. But I just don't know how long I should use it for because my tube is getting empty and I wont get any more refills.

May 21, 2013 11:05 PM