User Reviews for Dalfampridine

Also known as: Ampyra

Learn more about Dalfampridine.

Multiple Sclerosis 34 reviews 84 medications

Summary of Dalfampridine reviews 34 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Dalfampridine

Review by mommy of 5:

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: It has definitely helped majorly with my arm function, my husband can tell and I can too, if I have no pills left or haven't taken them, my arms go around a little like gummy then. When I did a lot of walking, didn't care how fast I was, just happy to even be able to do it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 9:00 AM

Review by ciccioi:

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I love Ampyra. I have been taking Ampyra for 3 months I feel much stronger I'm back going to the gym every morning for 2 hours.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2014 9:25 PM

Review by K-man (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: Started taking 3-4 yrs ago in early 50's while transitioning from RR into SP. Early on saw subtle improvement with only mild constipation, but was unable to go without AFO. Past year in SP, balance and gait worsened where use AFO & cane fulltime. Decided a month ago to stop taking. Balance much better. Gait seems unaffected. Living with SP is definitely different from RR.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by MonsterSlayer (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: Doctor said I was headed for a wheelchair but now I hardly get asked 'what happened to your foot?' . If I concentrate while I'm walking, I can almost look like nothing is even wrong. Plus, I haven't fallen in over 6 months.

February 20, 2014 2:45 AM

Review by YLGram:

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: This med is a wonder drug for me. I saw a difference in my walking speed w/in 2 weeks with only the 10mg use. As I moved up to the full 20mg daily I found I had more energy, didn't need my daily nap and even have done some light gardening. Last night I walked down a 3 story spiral staircase when leaving a concert (holding on to the rail and holding hands with my husband). My ONY negative is with the "Speciality" pharma which we are forced to use. (No choice they are the only pharma for this med.) Accredo is enough of a hassle (even for my MS renowned DR), I may stop if I have to deal with them monthly. Don't be afraid of the seizures warning in the info. W/ the time release pill it seems not to be an issue if take correctly.

October 19, 2013 7:28 PM

Review by militarymama (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I feel that my legs are a bit stronger on this medication. It's great to feel a bit more confident when walking.

October 3, 2013 7:52 AM

Review by national champs (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: Ampyra has been a Godsend for me! Before I started taking it, I was a "wall-walker". I always had to hold onto a wall before I took a step. Now I am walking without assistance. I saw improvement after my second dose. Now I am exercising again which makes me feel so much better-mentally and physically. I was 51 before I was diagnosed and not being able to walk made my life miserable. Now, I feel like I am more of a "normal" person than I have been in 20 years! Thanks Ampyra!

September 10, 2013 11:23 AM

Review by JimDadTwo (taken for less than 1 month):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: Was having increasing difficulty with my left leg (drop foot, dragging, fatigue especially when on hills) and my left arm (typing characters out of order, weakness). Yes, I have Multiple Sclerosis. Took my first dose 3 days ago. Began to feel improvement within two doses, but thought it was a placebo effect. By the next day was I walking hills with ease, only muscle soreness (after) and a bit winded (during), but none of the neurological issues! I could also feel the medicine's effect begin to diminish about the 10th hour after a dose.

June 10, 2013 2:17 PM

Review by Nikman:

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: RRMS for 3 years. Started Amphrya 1 week ago and saw results on first day! Truly amazing that I can feel all the way to my toes in my weaker left leg! I am so encouraged by this pill. I have had absolutely no side effects. Still only taking 1 pill per day since its been only 1 week. Please give this a try, I wish I would have and not waited 3 years.

April 20, 2013 6:06 PM

Review by stella rondo (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have had some minor side effects but nothing serious. I used to use a foot brace and cane, but once the medicine kicked in I put them both away and haven't needed them since. This medicine is a God send, and I hope it will work for you too.

February 20, 2013 12:04 PM

Review by PositivelyMS (taken for less than 1 month):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have been on Ampyra for 4 days and I can't remember the last time I felt this good. Left leg is working better, can stand for longer periods of time, and I think that is just the beginning. Like others, I am going to start retraining my body to get back to normal as much as I can. Going back to Mayo tomorrow to have strength retested for before and after. I am part of a study going on. Drug company is contributing to keep my copay to a minimum.

January 22, 2013 8:32 PM

Review by Djlillz:

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I started Ampyra five weeks ago. The first full day I was miserable with nausea but over the next few days the nausea lessened. Three weeks into taking it I realized that I wasn't tripping anymore and my right leg footdrop was all but gone. Now I'm trying to strengthen my leg muscles and walking on the treadmill and riding the exercise bike everyday. I've had RRMS for 17 years. Four years ago I was easily walking three miles a day without any problems, but over those last few years I was weakening, tripping, falling. I couldn't even walk a half mile. I was in a leg brace and using a cane frequently. Just seeing a set of stairs I was going to have to climb put me "over the edge". Now I'm going up the stairs and starting to walk much better.

January 16, 2013 10:37 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have been taking this medicine for a year now, and it works great for me. I have relapsing-remitting MS, and I experience balance and coordination issues while walking (among other things). The FIRST time I took this (10mg extended release tablet) I noticed an immediate improvement in my ability to walk. All of a sudden, I was dashing up the stairs, which normally gave me trouble. I'm able to walk most of the time without my cane now! I have also noticed better bladder control. I know it is not a cure, but it greatly helps my MS symptoms. Ampyra has been a great blessing.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2012 9:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: On Ampyra for over a year with no real benefit.

July 23, 2012 4:09 PM

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: This medicine leaves me feeling exceptionally dizzy and off balance. After seven months it is doing nothing to help me walk.

June 14, 2012 5:35 PM

Review by Lhalvor (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I still use a scooter. But, I've had MS almost 40 years. Able to do physical therapy, stand. Much greater energy, significant lessening of my horrible fatigue, improved bowel. Effect leaves soon after the end of the dosage period. My husband loves how it's improved the quality of both our lives.

June 9, 2012 3:15 AM

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: Caused constipation, but the medicine has definitely increased the quality of life. I have been on it for 6 months and it is as good today as that first couple weeks.

April 1, 2012 9:10 AM

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have had amazing results with Ampyra. I was relying on a walker more and more often because of leg weakness. Within two days of starting the medication; I was back to a cane and not even full time. After two weeks; I can now stand on my own for 4-5 minutes and can walk much faster without foot drop. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 out of 10 is because of mild side effects (nausea and headache).

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2011 7:05 PM

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: It is an amazing medicine. My right foot drop has improved tremendously. I can wash dishes without having to sit halfway through. I am glad to read others are experiencing wonderful effects too. It is my miracle.

September 23, 2011 12:53 PM

Review by cowilliams:

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: It's been 9 yrs, and I am SP. Ampyra strengthens both legs. At times I walk on my own. When I did not have Ampyra, I needed my scooter. Now that I have Ampyra, I am walking again with my crutch cane. It's a start, I have no side effects, and I recommend trying Ampyra.

August 22, 2011 11:03 AM

Review by Ezmerleda9:

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: Ampyra has made my quality of life a more positive experience! I used to have problems with my gait, Ampyra makes it so I am able to walk straight again. Also, I have noticed a drastic change in my cognitive functions. My thought process, language barrier and my ability to remember things short term has improved. I can really tell a difference if I forget a dose! Not a cure, but a step in the right direction!

July 27, 2011 4:01 PM

Review by SS4JC:

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have been taking Ampyra for 3 months and have noticed my weak leg is stronger and faster. My son noticed I was taking the stairs faster as well. I can put my leg in my pants while standing without using my hand to help it. I had insomnia at first but changed the times to 5 am and 5 pm with two ibuprofen at 5 am since I noticed some back pain in the mornings. That's gone.

June 9, 2011 3:01 AM

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I have SP Multiple Sclerosis and when I first tried Ampyra I thought it was a miracle medicine. I have now been on it for over 1 year and the positive effects have unfortunately diminished. I have had shoulder pains for some time and I am going off Ampyra for 1 week to see about any changes.

May 25, 2011 9:13 AM

Review by carltonsmom:

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I love Ampyra. It's such a shame it is expensive to get. I can now make it to the bathroom in time. HUGE improvement with that alone. But I can walk upstairs without lifting my legs with my hands.

May 20, 2011 7:26 PM

Ampyra (dalfampridine) for Multiple Sclerosis: I've taken Ampyra for seven months. I went from wheel chair to walker to cane in two months. Now I only use the cane when going out. It has done wonderful things for me.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2011 1:36 PM